扯淡
Bullshit.
可不是嘛 他认为只要远离
Exactly. A man whose idea of roughing it…
丽思卡尔顿酒店的制冰机 那就是返璞归真
is being too far from the ice machine at the Ritz-Carlton…
他现在拥有着1000英亩的草地和牛粪
now owns a 1,000 acres of grass and dung.
沃特尔普莱斯成了个牛仔
Walter Price is a cowboy.
沃尔特穿着布克兄弟西装
Walter Price puts on a Brooks Brothers suit
去倒垃圾
to take out the garbage.
他有顶牛仔帽和一双牛仔靴
He has a cowboy hat and cowboy boots…
和一匹不会马术的马
and a horse that doesn’t know dressage.
他为什么这么做呢
Is there some logical reason for this?
可能是中年危机吧
Midlife crisis, apparently.
他都70岁了
He’s 70.
可不是嘛
I know.
肯定是延迟了吧
Must have been on time delay or something.
我应该高兴才是
I guess I should be happy
毕竟他不是有了小三
it wasn’t a 25-year-old cocktail waitress.
但话说回来
But then again,
如果是婚外情 我三言两语就能向朋友解释清
an affair you can explain to friends in a minute.
但这事 要花很长时间才能让别人听明白
For this, you put on a pot of coffee.
他现在去体验荒野了
And he’s out there right now?
是的
Yessiree!
骑马 放牧
Ridin’ the range. Punchin’ doggies.
腰上别着一把左轮手♥枪♥
He had a six gun on his hip…
马褡裢上装满了立普妥
and a saddlebag full of Lipitor.
西部最快的资产管理
The fastest asset management in the West.
开枪打了利宝保险的人
The man who shot Liberty Mutual.
我一直都这么称呼他
That’s what I’ve been calling him.
这事确实很扯淡
That’s really, really funny.
送她去机场
Take her to the airport.
回家去吧 伊芙琳
Go home, Evelyn.
或者去蒙大拿放牛
Or Montana. Rustle some cattle.
你知道
You know…
我完全不想伤害你
I have no desire to hurt you.
我不喜欢跟你发生冲突
I hate it that we’re at odds.
我们老是在冲突
We’re always at odds.
是的
Yes.
酒店
Hotel.
玛丽 孩子 拜托
Mary, baby, come on now.
别哭了
Stop this now.
不
No.
– 出来吧 – 不
– Come on out, honey. – No.
你干嘛跟她说她爸爸也出庭了
Why did you have to tell her that deadbeat was testifying?
因为这是事实
Because it’s the truth.
如果我不说 伊芙琳也会说的
And if I didn’t, Evelyn would’ve.
如果我是父亲 有个女儿
If I was the dad of a little girl
从未见过
and I never saw her…
而且住在同一个城市
and I was in the same town…
我肯定会去看她
I would visit her.
这下你满意了
Well, I hope you’re happy.
他根本不需要问路
He didn’t even need directions.
跟着你来就是了
He could’ve followed you here.
这就是所说的渣男人
Speaking of men who aren’t worth a damn.
他甚至不想看到我的样子
Doesn’t even wanna see what I look like.
好了
All right.
喂 你穿上鞋 我们开车出去一下
Hey, put your shoes on. We’re going for a ride.
你也是
You too.
开车出去
A ride?
我们来这里干什么
What are we doing here?
等着
Waiting.
这是废话
We can see that.
为什么等
Why?
因为我让你们等着
Because I said so.
我们要等多久
How long do we have to stay here?
需要多久就多久
As long as it takes.
说话小点声 这里是医院
And keep your voice down. It’s a hospital.
– 吃的来了 – 是啊 吃的来了
– Food’s here. – Yeah, food’s here.
是个男孩
It’s a boy.
好样的
Way to go!
你出生时就是这个情景
That’s exactly how it was when you were born.
这么开心吗
This happy?
这么开心
This happy.
当时是谁出来跟大家说的
Who came out and told everybody?
是我
I did.
我们再等着看一个吧
Can we stay for another?
阿德勒夫人 在你今天之前的证词中
Mrs. Adler, in your earlier testimony, here today…
你把自己的儿子说的很不堪
you’ve painted a pretty dim picture of your own son.
不是吗
Don’t you think?
我是宣过誓的
I’m under oath.
我也不想说这些话
I take no pleasure in it.
那么你儿子的人生失败
So, your son’s a failure in life,
你女儿自杀了
your daughter took her life.
你算是失败两次了
You know, you’re oh for two.
– 我反对 – 撤回
– Objection! – Withdrawn.
如果我有第三个孩子 我会进名人堂了
If I go one for three, I’m in the Hall of Fame.
你了解棒球
You know baseball.
芬威球场
Fenway Park.
我很想有时间去那里看看
You know, I’d like to go there some time.
你一年带着黛安
How often in a year
去看几次棒球比赛
did you take Diane to a baseball game?
黛安对体育不感兴趣
Diane wasn’t interested in sports.
她从不想去看比赛 一次也没有
She never wanted to go to a game? Ever?
我不记得她要求过
I don’t recall her ever asking.
我有些好奇 芬威球场的票不好买♥♥
Just out of curiosity, Fenway, that’s a tough ticket.
你的票是怎么买♥♥到的
Where do you get yours?
我丈夫有季票
My husband has season tickets.
他有季票多长时间
And how long has he had them?
30年
30 years.
但我跟他结婚20年
But I’ve only been married to him for 20.
黛安一场比赛都没去看过
And Diane never went to one game?
黛安是穿什么颜色的裙子参加毕业舞会的
What color was the dress Diane wore to prom?
黛安没参加毕业舞会
Diane didn’t attend a prom
因为她没上高中
because she didn’t go to a high school.
没参加毕业舞会
No prom.
她喜欢什么体育运动
What sports did she play?
我刚才说了
As I told you earlier,
她对体育不感兴趣
she wasn’t interested in sports.
她去过夏令营吗
Did she go to camp during the summer?
没有
No.
– 社区游泳池呢 – 我家有游泳池
– Community swimming pool? – We had our own pool.
– 女童子军呢 – 没有
– Girl Scouts? – No.
那么她这些年来都干什么
Then what did she do with all that time?
她喜欢数学 那是她的爱好
She loved mathematics. It was her passion.
她喜欢数学胜过一切
She preferred it to all other things.
一切
All other?
阿德勒夫人 保罗里瓦是谁
Mrs. Adler, who’s Paul Riva?
他是邻居家的男孩
He was a boy from the neighborhood.
拜托 他可远不只是
Oh, come on. He was much more than…
邻居家的男孩
just a boy from the neighborhood.
保罗是黛安的初恋
Paul was Diane’s first love…
对吗
wasn’t he?
我不这么看 不是
I wouldn’t characterize it that way. No.
黛安是怎么看的
And how would Diane characterize it?
黛安当时才17岁
Diane was 17 years old at the time.
对爱情一无所知
She didn’t know anything about love.
阿德勒夫人
Mrs. Adler…
在1998年1月
in January of 1998…
黛安是不是和年轻的里瓦先生私奔了
didn’t Diane and young Mr. Riva run away together?
他强迫她的
He coerced her.
– 他们去了哪里 – 佛蒙特
– And where did they go? – Vermont.
你报♥警♥了 是不是
And you called the police, didn’t you?