你知道我是谁吗
Do you know who I am?
嗨 玛丽的老师
Hey! Mary’s teacher…
邦妮
Bonnie.
你对我撒了谎
You lied to me.
好吧
Okay.
你能具体些吗
Can you narrow it down?
我想了解我的学生玛丽的真♥相♥
I’d like to know the truth about Mary, my student…
你的外甥女
your niece.
我当时
I was running
赶着去约会
ridiculously late for a date…
我姐姐带着玛丽来了
and my sister showed up with Mary.
她从来不会不请自来
And she never just showed up unannounced.
从未带孩子来过
She never showed up with the baby.
她说她想聊聊
She said she wanted to talk.
她说她也需要聊聊
She said she needed to talk.
我说等我回来后再谈
I told her I would talk to her when I got back.
我想着如果约会晚了那么久
I think I figured showing up that late to my date…
滚床单的机会就不大了
would hurt my chances of gettin’ laid.
那晚回来时 玛丽在沙发上
Came home that night and Mary was on the couch…
而戴安死在了卫生间地板上
and found Diane on the bathroom floor.
我完全没料到她会…
I mean, there’s no way I could known…
但我本该料到的
but I should known.
六年半后
Six and a half years later,
我还是和玛丽在一起
me and Mary are still hangin’ out.
那她父亲呢
And what about the father?
黛安不善交际
Diane was so socially awkward…
不善辨别好男人和坏男人
she didn’t date enough to know a good guy from a bad guy.
他们交往一个月就分手了
This particular guy didn’t last a month.
没有外祖父母吗
And no grandparents?
我爸在我8岁时去世 我妈…
Dad died when I was eight. My mom…
简单的说 在黛安怀孕后
Short version is she turned her back on Diane
她就不管她了
when she got pregnant.
为什么
Why?
不符合她的计划
Didn’t fit into her plan.
我妈是个很严格的人
She’s an exacting woman, my mother.
不妥协
Uncompromising.
典型的英国人
Very British.
是举止很英式 还是…
Do you mean, British in demeanor or…
– 不 她就是… – 是英国人
– No. Like she’s… – She’s from England.
英国人 对
From England. Yeah.
那么玛丽确实是天才喽?
So, Mary is a genius?

Oh!
当心 当心
Look out. Look out.
你的小动物们要跑了 笨蛋
Your little animals are escaping, dumbass.
喂 你不该笑的
Hey! You should not be laughing!
你欺负小孩子
You did a mean thing to a little kid!
你能把我怎么样
What are you gonna do about it?
喂 你没事吧
Hey. Hey, you okay?
没事吧 好
You good? All right.
这事怎么解决
How do we resolve this?
她够被开除了
You know, she could be expelled.
天啊 希望不要开除
God. I hope not.
但如果别的学生第一次违纪就被开除
But if every other first-time offender was expelled,
那么就这么办
I guess fair is fair.
你能不能认真点
Are you gonna take this seriously?
好的 只要你实实在在的 我也实实在在的
Sure. You don’t bluff me, I don’t bluff you.
史蒂文森老师说
Ms. Stevenson believes
你的孩子很超常
that your child is exceptional…
我们的课程对她来说
and has talents that our curriculum
完全没有挑战性
can’t begin to challenge.
我恰巧
It just so happens
有位好朋友
that I am good friends with the headmaster
是橡树天才教育学院的校长
of the Oaks Academy for Gifted Education.
他经常说
He has always said
如果我能碰到万里挑一的神童
that if I find that one in a million…
那种万里挑一的学费要三万美元呢
And the one in a million has a $30,000 tuition.
阿德勒先生 我可以为你女儿申请奖学金
Mr. Adler, I can get your daughter a scholarship.
全额的
Full ride.
我有把握才说这个话
I wouldn’t say it if I couldn’t do it.
我知道把这女孩送到那种学校
I realize, putting that girl in that setting,
是你们最通常的做法
you know, 99 times out of a 100, that’s what you do.
那可是橡树学校 是一流的学校
It’s the Oaks. It’s a great school.
我搜索过
I looked into it.
但我们家族有好几人去过这种学校
But this family has a history with those schools.
我觉得她最不需要的
And I think the last thing that little girl needs
就是强化她的与众不同感
is reinforcement that she’s different.
相信我 她有这感觉 所以
Trust me, she knows. So…
我觉得玛丽必须留在这学校
I think Mary, I think she’s gotta be here.
今天的事不好 动手打人是不对的
Today’s a bad ending. You can’t hit people.
但一个12岁的男生欺负一个7岁男生
But a 12-year-old bullies a seven- year- old
她能挺身而出
and she stands up?
她这么做你知道我有多欣慰吗
Do you know how important it is to me that she did that?
知道我有多骄傲吗 你们难道不是吗
You know how proud I am of her? Aren’t you?
阿德勒先生 你女儿把一个男生打得…
Mr. Adler, your daughter shattered a young boy’s…
我知道 打人是不对的
I know. You can’t hit people.
我会跟她明确这一点 这我懂
That will be made very clear. I get that.
但如果把未来的领导人和普通人分开
But Mrs. Davis, if we separate our leaders,
让他们脱离我们这样的群众
if we segregate them from people like you and me,
他们就会成为政客
you get congressmen.
所以我很抱歉
So, I’m sorry.
我也很想接受你的提议 但我不能
I wish I could take your offer, but Mary stays.
除非你把她开除
Unless you kick her out.
这是错误的 我们无法给她提供
This is a mistake. We’ll never be able to raise this child
她所需要的教育水平
to the level of scholarship she deserves.
让她降低到普通人的水平就行了
Well, just dumb her down into a decent human being.
这样都满意
Everybody wins.
我先离开一下
You know what? Can you excuse me one minute?
把她所有的档案材料
Bring me every piece of paperwork
拿给我
we have on this girl.

Hey.
你觉得这么做真的好吗
Are you sure you know what you’re doing?
不知道
No.
好了 玛丽
Okay. Mary, I think
你是不是有话要对同学们说
you have something you’d like to say to the class.
你上台来说吧
You wanna hop up and say it?
好吧 我该说点什么
Okay. I’m supposed to say something.
打人是不对的 即使打的是坏人
Hitting people is wrong even if they’re bad.
我不会再打人了 所以不用怕我
I won’t do it again, so don’t be afraid of me.
好 谢谢你
Okay. Thank you.
我能说句真心话吗
Now can I say something I wanna say?
好的
Sure.
在摔坏之前
Before they ruined it,
贾斯汀做的动物园是最棒的
Justin’s zoo was the best art project.
暂时没人超过 做得特别棒
By far. It was awesome.
来吧 用力鼓掌
Come on. A little harder.
好的
Okay.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
有个女人站在我们家门前
There’s a lady standing in front of our door.
是谁啊
Who is it?
我哪知道 我才7岁
How should I know? I’m seven.
她是你外婆
That would be your grandmother.
我嘞个去
Holy shit!
苹果 哇
An Apple? Whoa.
是个苹果笔记本电脑 孩子
It’s a MacBook, darling.
是最先进的 有视网膜显示屏
Top of the line with the Retina Display.
你知道谁也有视网膜显示屏吗
Hey, you know who else has a Retina Display?
弗雷德
Fred!
玛丽 我听说你喜欢数学
Mary, I understand you like mathematics.
所以在这电脑里
So, on there,
你能找到一本
you’ll find a great

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!