你们准备好开始这美好的一学年了吗
Are you ready for a great year?
是的
Yes!
怎么了 玛丽
Uh… Yes, Mary?
她是学校的老大?
She’s the boss?
戴维斯夫人是我们的校长 好了
Mrs. Davis is our principal. Okay…
那我要你
Okay. Now I want you
给弗兰克打电♥话♥
to get on your phone and call Frank…
让他来接我走
and tell him to get me out of here!
慢着 他是她爸爸 我认识他
Wait a minute.That’s the dad? I know him.
我每周五晚都能在酒吧看到他
I see him at Ferg’s almost every Friday night.
他是个内向 忧郁的帅哥
He’s the quiet, damaged hot guy.
你每周五晚去酒吧干什么
What are you doing at Ferg’s every Friday night?
勾搭他啊
Trying to get picked up by him.
等一下 你好
Excuse me? Hi.
是我老师
Oh. Look, it’s my teacher.
可能是想问我1加1等于几
Probably wants to remind mewhat one plus one is.
你到车上去
Go to the car, okay?
– 你好 – 你好
– Hi.- Hi.
对不起冲你喊还追出来
Sorry to yell at you and then chase you down.
没关系 你是玛丽的老师?
It’s okay. Mary’s teacher?
是的 我叫邦妮史蒂文森
Yes. I’m Bonnie Stevenson.
我叫弗兰克 你好 今天的事很抱歉
Frank. How are you? Sorry about today.
她有点兴奋过头
I know she got a little overexcited.
可能因为第一天上学吧
I think it’s just first day jitters.
是啊
Sure. Yeah.
我们有点晚了 我们该走了
We’re running a little late actually. We gotta get going.
我想说的不是那事
Okay. I don’t even wanna talk about that.
– 我只耽误你一会 – 好的
– I’ll keep you just a minute.- Okay.
我觉得你女儿
I think your daughter…
我觉得玛丽可能是天才
I think Mary might be gifted.
什么
What?
今天在数学课上 她回答了一些非常难的
Yeah. Today in Math, she answered some really…
– 不 不 – 请听我说
– Oh, no, no, no. That’s… – No, please.
– 那不是天才 – 非常难的问题
– It’s not gifted.- Really difficult questions.

All right.
一个7岁的孩子
Just that a seven-year-old would…
这是特拉亨伯格
It’s Trachtenberg.
– 特拉亨伯格速算法 – 什么
– Jakow Trachtenberg.- I’m sorry?
他在纳粹集中营里待了7年
Spent seven years in a Nazi concentration camp.
发明了一种速算系统
Developed a system to rapidly solve problems.
叫做特拉亨伯格方法
It’s the Trachtenberg method.
可她
But she’s…
她毕竟才7岁
I mean, she’s seven though.
我8岁时候就学会了
I learned it when I was eight.
看我像天才吗
Do I look gifted to you?
自从发明了计算器
It’s kind of gone out of vogue
这种方法就过时了 不过
since the invention of the calculator…
我在酒吧里还是能够靠它赢酒喝
but, uh, I can still win a drink at a bar using it.
今天的事很抱歉
Sorry for today.
– 她不会再犯了 – 好
– Won’t happen again.- Okay.
很高兴认识你 邦妮
Nice to meet you. Bonnie.
弗兰克
Frank.
我要说明 我本来就不想
For the record, I didn’t wanna go
上那个破学校
to the stupid school in the first place.
我后排的男生
And the boy in the next row
行为不检点 没个孩子样
acts inappropriately for someone who’s a child.
抱歉 我还是要无视你
I’m sorry. I’m still passive aggressively ignoring you.
别的同学也回答问题了 没受处分啊
Other kids answer questions.They don’t get into trouble.
你受处分不是因为回答问题
You didn’t get in trouble for answering questions.
是因为冲校长发脾气
You yelled at the principal.
知道吗 你会觉得这个有意思
You know what? You’re gonna find this interesting.
我搜索了一下 一年级学生冲校长发脾气
So, I googled “first graders who yell at the principal…”
你绝对想不到
and statistically,you’re never gonna
有多少学生这么干过
believe how many kids do it.
有多少
How many?
0个
None.
弗兰克 我很抱歉 真的
Frank, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.
得了吧
Yeah, right.
你在学校里不能那么炫耀
You can’t show off like that at school.
我知道
I know.
你保证过不会 但你第一天就…
You promised you wouldn’t, then the first day…
我知道 是我的不对
I know, I know. I screwed up.
你觉得这条船需要试航吗
Do you think maybe this boat needs a test ride?
去把弗雷德抱来
Go get Fred.
不要跑
Don’t run.
我聆听风的声音 越过我灵魂的风声
∮ I listen to the wind To the wind of my soul ∮
我将会在哪里停下我的脚步 我想
∮ Where I’ll end up Well, I think ∮
只有上帝才知道吧
∮ Only God really knows ∮
我曾坐在烈日下
∮ I’ve sat upon the setting sun ∮
但是我从未 从未
∮ But never, never, never, never ∮
渴望过水源
∮ I never wanted water once ∮
不我从未那样过
∮ No, never, never, never ∮
弗雷德很喜欢看矶鹬
Fred loves to watch the sandpipers.
它想去抓一只
He thinks he’d like to catch one…
但它会后悔的
but he’d regret it.
弗雷德不杀小动物
Fred’s not a killer.
它有爱心
He’s a lover.
妈妈会希望我上这学校吗
Would my mom have wanted me to go to this school?
我说不好
I can only guess.
但我跟你说
But I’ll tell you what,
她肯定希望你交些朋友
she would have wanted you to have friends.
傻瓜朋友吗
Idiot friends?
她还会希望你对人有同情心
And she’d want you to have compassion for others.
就像猫对矶鹬那样
Like a cat can have for a sandpiper.
如果同学们不喜欢我呢
But what if they don’t like me?
那他们是傻瓜
Then they’re idiots.
早上好 同学们
Good morning, class.
早上好 史蒂文森老师
Good morning, Ms. Stevenson.
早上好 玛丽
Good morning, Mary.
早上好 史蒂文森老师
Good morning, Ms. Stevenson.
好 早上好
Okay, good morning.
你规矩点
Get a hold of yourself.
我展示和讲述的内容
For my Show and Tell,I have…
是一只特别棒的猫
the most awesome cat in the history of time.
它不光名字叫弗雷德 而且
Not only is his name Fred, but…
它只有一只眼
He has just one eye.
一只眼 不信数数看
Uno. Go ahead and count…
反正数来数去就是一只
but I promise you, it’s always one.
它怎么失去一只眼的
How did he lose his eye?
不知道 我当时不在
I don’t know. I wasn’t there.
我是在一个垃圾桶旁边捡到它的
Just found him inside of a trash can
在一瓶酒旁边
next to a bottle of alcohol or something.
它是一只聪明的猫 但没人发现这一点
He is a smart, smart cat, but no one realizes that.
没人能理解它 没人
No one understands him. No one.
把名字写在试♥卷♥上方
Put your name on the top of the paper…
我就知道是谁回答的这么好了
so that I know who did such good work.
我给你我的笔
I left my pen with you.
把试♥卷♥传递一下
Pass those around, guys.
好吗 我想看看你们的解答
Okay? I wanna see your work.
转过身去 面对课桌
Turn around, face the desk.
考虑一下答案是怎么得出来的
Think about how you get to the answer.
不要只是猜
It’s not just about, you know, guessing.
试♥卷♥要整洁
Don’t be messy.
做完了
Done.
我看看
Let’s see.

Mmm-hmm.
我估计你会很快做完
Okay. I thought you might finish quickly,
所以给你加了一些题
so a little something extra.
做完了
Done.

Oh…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!