你需要看看这个
You need to look at this.
我们走 玛丽
Let’s go, Mary.
– 我们走 – 不
– Let’s move. Come on. – No!
– 喂 玛丽 – 玛丽
– Hey! Mary. – Mary!
玛丽
Mary!
没事 我去追她
It’s okay. I got her.
有种你试试
Think again, lady.
玛丽
Mary!
玛丽 喂 站住
Mary! Hey, stop it.
不 放开我
No! Let me go!
不
No!
– 不 – 住手 玛丽
– No! No! – Stop, Mary!
– 住手 – 不
– Stop. Stop. – No!
– 过来 – 你骗了我
– Come here. – You lied to me!
我知道
I know!
– 不 不 – 住手 住手
– No! No! – Stop! Stop, stop!
对不起
I’m sorry.
我犯了个错误 我很抱歉
I made a mistake. I’m so sorry.
你保证过的
You promised me.
我知道
I know.
你保证过的
You promised.
我知道 对不起
I know. I’m sorry.
你说过不会离开我的
You said you wouldn’t leave me.
我犯了个错误
I made a mistake.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我那时好难过
I was so sad!
我想你
I missed you.
我也想你
I missed you, too.
他们把弗雷德送走了
They took Fred.
不 没事的
No. It’s okay.
– 我找到它了 它就在家里 – 什么
– I got him. He’s home. – What?
它现在就在家里 我找到它了
He’s at the apartment right now. I got him.
真的吗
For real?
是的 它正在踢它的乒乓球呢
Yeah. He’s home kicking around his ping pong ball.
你为什么把我留在这里
Why did you leave me there?
因为我觉得我抚养不好你
Because I thought I was bad for you.
但我后来明白
And then it dawned on me.
既然玛丽成了这么棒
If Mary is this amazing…
聪明 可爱的女孩
smart, sweet human being…
那说明我肯定做对了什么
then I must be doing something right.
你笑了
You’re smiling.
罗伯特
Roberta!
孩子
Oh, baby.
你竟然搞这一出
Of all the stunts you could pull.
– 她们要去哪儿 – 不去哪儿
– Where are they going? – Nowhere.
还不到时候
Not yet.
你们俩出去
You two, out!
– 这是什么 – 你想知道
– What is this? – Do you want to know…
黛安完成后怎么对我说的吗
how Diane told me she finished?
这是什么昧着良心的谎言
What is this unconscionable lie?
我走进她家
I walked into her apartment
她坐在地板上
and she was sitting on the floor…
怀里抱着孩子
with that baby in her arms
你知道她怎么对我说的吗
and you know what she said to me?
承认吧 这是你编出来的
Admit it. You made this up.
– 她说 我现在该怎么办 – 不
– She said, “What do I do now?” – No.
这不是完整的证明
It is not a completed proof…
– 是 – 这不是 不可能
– It is. – No! It isn’t! It can’t be.
伊芙琳 别说了
Evelyn, stop!
我要带走玛丽 抚养她
I’m taking Mary and I’m raising her
以我认为黛安所希望的方式
how I believe Diane would’ve wanted.
– 这由不得你 – 我知道…
– We’ll see about that later. – I realize…
她不是普通人
she’s not normal.
但既然爱因斯坦能骑自行车 那么她也能
But if Einstein can ride a bike, so can she.
就算是黛安没告诉我 尽管这很荒唐
Let’s just say Diane didn’t tell me, which is nonsense…
这毕竟是千年难题
it’s a Millennium Problem.
她肯定会发表出来
She would have shared it with the world.
这是你露馅的地方
That’s where your charade falls apart.
如果她完成了证明
If she had completed the proof,
她肯定会发表
she would have published it.
黛安对我说的很清楚
Diane instructed me very clearly.
只能在死后发表
That I was only to publish it postmortem.
她四年前就死了
She died six years ago.
她说的不是在她死后
It wasn’t her death she was talking about.
我试图劝过她
I tried to talk her out of it.
但你知道黛安的脾气
But you know how Diane could be
下定决心就没人劝得动
when she made her mind up about something.
我给麻省理工打过电♥话♥
I called MIT.
尚克兰很期待
Shankland’s out of his mind
能和你一起发表它
about the possibility of publishing it with you.
他在等你的电♥话♥
He’s waiting for your call.
你接下来几年会忙着
You’re gonna be spending the next few years of your life…
维护它
defending it.
不会有时间照料她
You won’t have time for her.
如果我拒绝呢
What if I say no?
那就继续按她的遗愿
Back to Plan A.
等我死后再发表
Wait for me to die?
我知道黛安很倔强
I know Diane was hard.
我知道她生你的气
I know she was angry.
但这也带来了好的一面 伊芙琳
But something really good came out of this, Evelyn.
她现在需要你
She needs you now.
你是这项工作的不二人选
You’re the best woman for the job.
接受了吧
Take it.
可是黛安并不想把它给我
It doesn’t seem as though Diane wanted me to have it.
黛安考虑事情不够周全
Diane didn’t always think things through.
我先出去了
I’ll be outside.
你决定之后告诉我一声
Let me know what you wanna do.
这里是
You’ve reached
麻省理工学院数学系
the Department of Mathematics at MIT.
如果你知道对方分机号♥码
If you know your party’s extension,
请直接拨♥打♥
you may dial it at any time.
如果你想联♥系♥接线员
If you wish to speak to an operator…
请不要挂断
please stay on the line
会很快有人接听你的电♥话♥
and someone will be with you as soon as possible.
下午好 麻省理工数学系
Good afternoon, MIT Mathematics,
你要找哪位
how may I direct your call?
喂 抱歉 我听不清你
Hello? I’m sorry. I can’t hear you very well.
不
No! No.
好的 听到你了
Yeah. There you are.
我能帮你什么吗
Yeah, can I help you?
是的
Uh, yes.
尚克兰博士
Doctor Shankland.
对不起 我听不清
I’m really sorry. I can’t hear you.
你能大点声吗
Could you speak up, please?
喂
Hello?
我是伊芙琳阿德勒
Evelyn Adler…
我找西摩尚克兰
for Seymore Shankland, please.
你们要注意的是
And what I want you to notice,
当通过N计算P时
is that when you compute P of N…
N等于4模除5
for N congruent to four mod five…
答案是5的倍数
the answer is a multiple of five.
最早发现这一点的人
So, the first person to notice this
是斯里尼瓦瑟拉马努金
was Srinivasa Ramanujan.
在20世纪初
In the beginning of the 20th century…
他证明了所有全等于
he proved that it was the case for all…
4模除5的数字都是如此
numbers congruent to four mod five.
他证明了P等于5的倍数加4
So, he proved that P of five N plus four…
等于0模除7
is congruent to zero mod seven…
P等于11的倍数加6
and that P of eleven N plus six
全等于0模除11
is congruent to zero mod eleven.