I’m a tough Texan now.
我爱你
You know I love you, Tex.
你好 卢斯
Hello, Luz.
你们好
Hi, everybody.
等一下 杰特
Jett, hold on a minute.
让本尼迪特太太和你一起回去
I want you to take Mrs. Benedict back in with you.
-和杰特回去 这里太热了 -亲爱的 我没事 真的
– Honey, you go along with Jett. – Honey, I’m fine, really.
没必要勉强自己 和杰特回去吧
There’s no use overdoing it. Go along with Jett.
早上好 杰特
Good morning, Jett.
小心点 杰特
You take it easy, Jett.
本来我不想说的 毕克…
I don’t want to chew on this, Bick…
但我想最好还是说清楚的好
…but I think we’d better get it straight.
这家归我管 对吗
I run the house, don’t I?
她的房♥子 厨房♥ 庸人
Her house, her kitchen, her help.
-她甚至不会说西班牙语 -庸人们迟早会懂得英语的
– She don’t even speak Spanish. – Oh, they understand plenty English.
我懂得怎样跟墨西哥人打交道
I know how to handle Mexicans.
我一辈子都在做这个
Doing it all my life.
他们就会整天喝得烂醉
They’d sit on their honkers all day…
-如果我不盯紧他们的话 好了 -卢斯 冷静点
– …if I didn’t keep after them. – All right, Luz. Cool off.
我们最好趁她 不在的时候好好谈谈
Well, I thought we ought to talk without her around.
我不想有种被 你欺骗的感觉 毕克
I just don’t want to feel that you’re setting up against me, Bick.
没人欺骗你 卢斯
Nobody is setting up against you, Luz.
那女孩是我的妻子
That gal is my wife.
我想你也是很公平的
And you’re fair enough, I think…
好好跟她相处吧
…to try and get along with her.
好吧
All right, I…
我还是找匹马来遛遛吧
I’ll catch me up a horse and help push the stock along for a while.
-或许这样会让我好受些 -好吧
– Maybe it’ll make me feel better. – All right.
随你怎么遛好了
If you gotta push something.
我走累的时候 我会骑上去的
When I get enough, I’ll ride on in.
你为何到德州来
Why did you come to Texas?
大伙儿都想着要离开这里
Well, I mean, seems like everybody else is trying to get away from here.
或许过几天 我也要离开这里了
Me, I’m gonna get out of here one of these days.
这是我丈夫的土地
This is my husband’s land.
这是他的家
This is his home.
谁能有那么多的土地 除非他们是从别人那里夺过来的
Who gets ahold of this much land unless they took it off somebody else?
你对你的老板确实 很不忠诚 杰特
You’re not exactly loyal to your employer, are you, Jett?
不 我并没有抱怨
No, sir, I’m not complaining. I’m not complaining.
这块土地是他们 很久前就买♥♥下来的
They bought this land long ago.
本尼迪特家族
Benedicts.
这是他们很多年之前买♥♥的
They got it through purchase years ago.
从无知的墨西哥人那里买♥♥的
They took it off a bunch of Mexicans.
这不对
Why, that’s not true, Jett.
这土地是得到 西班牙允许后
They bought and traded for Spanish land grants.
才买♥♥下的
Paid for it, all right.
他们是以 每亩5美分的价格买♥♥下的
They paid 5 cents an acre.
我的祖辈呆在 这里也变得富有了
I know my folks is here in Texas long enough to get rich too.
只不过他们没那么狡猾罢了
Except they just weren’t so foxy.
给我 我来骑它
Leave it on, boy. I’ll ride him.
除了太太之外没人骑得了它
Nobody ride him but the senora.
我在马背上已经三十多年了
Been riding what I want to here for 30 years.
它刚把洛佩斯摔下来
He buck off Lopez.
它要能把我摔下来 它也不是第一匹把我摔下来的马
If he bucks me down, he won’t be the first one that’s done it.
我倒也想看看你有什么能耐
I suppose you came out here to show me how to run things too.
走
Let’s go.
我现在并不很糟
Now, I’m not too awful bad now.
我也有几个朋友
I got a few friends.
玛塔玛也喜欢我
Madama likes me.
毕克 他也
And old Bick, now even old Bick…
开始有点
…he likes me…
喜欢我了
…a little bit.
当然 他们并没那么
Well, now, but they don’t like me…
喜欢我…
…quite enough…
只不过是想 从中多得一点而已
…to kind of divvy up what they got way too much of.
你真是个奇怪的人 杰特
You are an odd one, aren’t you, Jett?
但我喜欢你
But I like you.
我也喜欢你
I like you too.
你是我们在这里 见过的最漂亮的女孩
I guess you’re about the best-looking gal we’ve seen around here in a long time.
也是我来这以后
I think…
见过的
…the prettiest one…
最漂亮的女孩
…I think I’ve seen down here.
谢谢你 杰特
Why, thank you, Jett.
你可真会奉承
That’s a very nice compliment.
可以的话 我想把这话告诉我丈夫
And I’m gonna tell my husband of that, with your approval.
不
Oh, well, now, I…
我不会再这样说了
I wouldn’t do that. Well…
不 我
No, I…
我不会再说了
No, I wouldn’t do that.
美丽的”利塔”
Beautiful Reata. Tsk.
他们是你的邻居
Them’s your neighbors live there.
-谁 -那些小孩
– Who? – Them kids there.
都是你牧场工人的孩子
Them’s your ranch people.
他们是安吉尔的孩子
Them’s Angel Obregon’s kids.
那人我们在火车旁遇见过
That’s the man that met us at the train.
他们很”健康”对吗 他们全都病了
They’re sure in good shape, ain’t they? Whole bunch of them sick.
-他们到底怎么了 -我不知道
– What’s the matter with them? – I don’t know, just sick.
只是全都病了而已
Every one of them.
等等 我想出去
Wait a minute. I want to get out here.
换成是我不会那样做的
Well, I wouldn’t do that if I was you.
等等
Wait.
你是老板 你知道这事的 对吗
You are the boss. And you know it too, don’t you?
-我可以进来吗 -进来吧
– May I come in? – Enter.
我是本尼迪特太太
I’m Mrs. Benedict.
我叫佩多纳姆
Perdoname…
我无法起床
…that I do not rise.
孩子病了
The baby is sick.
我的奶水不好
My milk is not good.
亲爱的
Poor darling.
你去看大夫了吗
Have you seen a doctor?
大夫
Doctor…
离这里太远了
He is too far to come.
莱斯莉夫人 我们该走了
Say, Miss Leslie? I think we better be getting on.
这孩子病得很重
This baby is extremely ill.
你不该到这儿来的
Well, you’re not supposed to be in there. It’s…
别担心 欧布雷夫人
Try not to worry, Mrs. Obregon.
我很快就回来
I’ll be back soon.
毕克会生气的
Old Bick’s gonna blow a gasket.
怎么了
What is it?
它怎么了
What’s happened to him?
发生什么事了
What’s wrong?
你到哪儿去了
Where in the world have you been?
我一直在找你
Good Lord, I’ve been looking for you too.
她怎么了
What happened to her?
我刚才经过了村子
We stopped by the village.
怎么了
What happened?
太可怕了
Just awful.
我也不知道 她
I don’t know. She was…
骑着”战风”出去
…riding War Winds.
或许是从马背上摔下来了
She got thrown or something.
大夫怎么说
What does the doctor say?
情况很糟
Bad.
她的头撞到了树桩上
She hit her head on a mesquite stump.
她六岁就开始骑马
She’s been riding since she was 6.
她可以骑任何马 没想到发生这种事
She could ride anything. And now this happens.
她怎么样了
How is she?
她摔得很严重 非常严重
She’s in a state of shock.
脑部受到震荡 内出血了
Very serious. Concussion, possible hemorrhage.
我已经尽力了
I’m doing all I can do.
我已经给 伯内霍姆大夫打电♥话♥了
I called Dr. Borneholm, got him on the phone.
他很快就赶过来
He ought to be along any minute now.
医生