太好了,我希望这样 – 你干得太漂亮了,兄弟,真棒!
Well, I’ll be. – You did good, brother, real good!
太好了,让他们一起前进
Good. See to it they march together.
是,格莱齐尔把刺头绑起来了 一共六个人
Yes. Glazier’s got the hardheads in tow. There are six.
把名字记下来 把他们放在不同的连队
Get the names. Put them in different companies.
把他们分开 不要放在一起
I want them spread out, not bunched together.
我会留意他们的步♥枪♥ – 长官
I’ll see about their muskets. – Colonel, sir.
继续巡逻侦察我们前面这一带
Keep the patrols out. Scout this bunch in front of us.
北面也要侦察 他们会取道卡莱尔到这边来
Also scout up north. They’ll be coming over that way from Carlisle.
我估计李已经把全军♥转♥向…
I think Lee’s turned the whole army…
…这一边,试图绕过我们…
…headed this way, trying to get around us…
…插♥进♥米德和华盛顿中间
…get between Meade and Washington.
如果我没猜错大批士兵会走到这条路上…
If I’m right, there’ll be a lot of troops up this road…
…北路也是,所以应及早绸缪
…and down that northern road too, so hop to it.
是,长官
Sir.
天啊,真不敢相信他们如此深入北部
By God, I can’t believe they’re coming this far north.
让你的小马给我骑一下好吗?
Can I have a ride on your pony?
到处都有叛军
There’s Johnny Rebs everywhere.
真高兴见到你们
Sure am glad to see you fellas.
为您效劳,女士
Your servant, ma’am.
我们这镇里会有骚乱吗?
Is there going to be a disturbance in our town?
什么事骑兵队都应付得了
Nothing the cavalry can’t handle.
我还不知道你居然是个骑士
Never knew you were such a cavalier.
我可不像阁下那么腼腆内敛 请恕我直言了
I’m just not as shy and reserved as you, sir. Beg your pardon.
对,我腼腆得简直就像一个全速前冲的军团
Yeah, I’m about as shy as a regiment at full gallop.
叛军已到这里劫掠多天了
Rebel raiding parties have been here for days.
牛、鸡、猪,一只不留
Peeled the land of every cow, chicken and hog.
总不能把耕马和他们没抢走的东西拿来吃呀
Can’t chew a plow horse with what they didn’t take.
鲍比,李全军开到这路上了
Bobby Lee’s up this road a piece.
带着整个北弗吉尼亚军团
Got the whole army of Northern Virginia with him.
我劝各位良民还是赶快回家不要外出
I recommend you good folks get back to your homes and stay indoors.
是,要呆多久?
Yeah, for how long?
直到枪战结束为止
Till the shooting stops.
那镇长,还有那些政客豪绅让我感到不快
Something about the mayor and politicians and dignitaries that troubles me a bit.
他们太胖,也太多嘴了
They’re too fat and they talk too much.
他们也没有想想应该怎样求人家给他们卖♥♥命
And they never think twice about asking a man to die for them.
你知道今天早晨发生了什么事情吗?
You know what’s happening here in the morning?
长官?
Sir?
该死的叛军主力在向这边挺进
The whole damn rebel army is gonna be here.
他们要穿过这镇子占领另一边的山头
They’ll move through this town, occupy the hills on the other side.
当我们的部队到达的时候,李会占领高地 这会让我们付出高昂的代价
When our people arrive, Lee’ll have high ground. There’ll be the devil to pay.
那个高地!
The high ground!
米德会慢慢地,小心地行进到这里
Meade will come in slowly, cautiously, new to command.
华盛顿那帮人会嘲笑他
They’ll be on his back from Washington.
然后发急报,进攻!进攻!
Wires hot with messages. Attack! Attack!
那么他会在这些山边建立一个包围圈
So he will set up a ring around these hills.
当李的军队在高地岩石后面的壕沟中隐蔽的时候
And when Lee’s army is nicely entrenched behind fat rocks on the high ground…
…如果米德能够调整好部队他将会发起总攻
…Meade will finally attack, if he can coordinate the army.
在耀眼的火光中,直接冲上山坡…
Straight up the hillside, out in the open…
…完全暴露在空旷的地方
…in that gorgeous field of fire.
我们会英勇的冲锋也会被英勇地屠♥杀♥
We will charge valiantly and be butchered valiantly.
然后,戴着高帽子和金怀表的人会重击他们的胸膛…
And afterward, men in tall hats and gold watch fobs will thump their chest…
…并且高叫这是多么勇敢的冲锋啊!
…and say what a brave charge it was.
德温,我决定着士兵们的生死…
Devin, I’ve led a soldier’s life…
…我从没见过什么事情比这更残酷的了
…and I’ve never seen anything as brutally clear as this.
就像我已亲眼目睹在那个漫长的血腥时刻一批又一批的蓝色部队…
It’s as if I can actually see the blue troops in one long bloody moment…
…顺着斜坡冲向那残酷的顶端…
…going up the long slope to the stony top…
…就像这事儿已经结束了…
…as if it were already done…
…已经成为了一种记忆
…and already a memory.
奇特的人,有着…
An odd, set…
…奇特的能力
…stony quality to it.
好比你明知道明天会发生什么但却无能为力
As if tomorrow has already happened and there’s nothing you can do about it.
在一次思虑不周的进攻之前你会有种感觉…
The way you sometimes feel before an ill-considered attack…
…一种会失败的感觉
…knowing it will fail,
但却无法阻止它
but you cannot stop it.
而且你还不得不成为这场失败的一部分
You must even take part and help it fail.
长官
Sir.
我们有2500人
We have 2,500 men.
他们将会大批的到来
They’ll be coming in force.
早晨,有2万人会陆续从这条路上赶来
There could be 20,000 coming down that road in the morning.
如果我们能够在这里坚守数小时我们就能够阻止他们继续靠近
If we hold this ridge for a couple of hours, we can keep them away.
我们一定要坚守这条路直到主力部队到达
We can block that road until our main body gets here.
我们能够击溃高地的敌军!
We can deprive the enemy of the high ground!
兄弟们已经做好了战斗准备
The boys are ready for a brawl. No doubt of that.
我们要迫使叛军分散开
We’ll force the reb to deploy.
他们行军的那条路非常的狭窄
That’s a narrow road they’ll be coming down.
如果我们在这里阻击他们,那么他们就必须花点时间来进入战斗位置
If we stack them up, it will take them a while to get on track to get into position.
卡莱夫的炮兵连就位了吗?
Is Calef’s battery up yet?
他的六门炮已经部署完毕
His six guns are deploying now.
雷诺兹离主力部队还有多远?
How far back is Reynolds with the main force?
10英里左右,长官,不远了
About 10 miles, sir. Not much more.
长官,你是对的
Sir, you were right.
我的侦察员报告说,叛军的确从这条路来
My scouts report the rebel army is coming this way for sure.
他们全都集中在这个方向
They’re all concentrating in this direction.
早晨我们要坚守这里
We’ll hold here in the morning.
直到雷诺兹和步兵赶到
Long enough for Reynolds and the infantry to arrive.
如果我们能守住这个高地,我们就有机会…
If we hang on to the high ground, we have a chance…
…赢得这次战役
…to win this fight that’s coming.
明白了吗? – 是,长官
Understood? – Yes, sir.
沿着钱伯斯堡峰的这条路部署加农炮
Post the cannon along this road, the Chambersburg Pike.
叛军会在黎明进攻 我预计我们能够阻击他们至少两个小时
The rebels will hit us at dawn. I think we can hold them at least 2 hours.
见鬼,将军,我们能够阻击他们一整天
Hell, general, we can hold them all the livelong day.
他是对的,长官
He’s right, sir.
你在大路的这边,挡住朗斯特里特
At Thoroughfare Gap, you held against Longstreet.
你阻击了六小时了 – 他们来都没来,我们什么也没阻击
You held for six hours. – They never came. We held for nothing.
叛军会在晨光乍现时攻击我们
The rebs will hit us just about first light.
保持警惕
Keep a clear eye.
有情况就立刻发出警报
Have the pickets give us a good warning.
好了,先生们
All right, gentlemen.
我们去打探消息
Let’s get posted. – Sir.
雷诺兹将军 我已将部队在有利地形上展开了…
Gen. Reynolds, my troops are deployed on good ground…
在葛底斯堡以西的钱伯斯堡峰
…west of Gettysburg on the Chambersburg Pike.
我在每个方向都部署了侦察哨…
I’ve sent reconnaissance parties in every direction…
每一个敌人可能靠近的地方
…from which the enemy might be approaching.
对于A·P·希尔的军能够在这里以西的地方集结
I’m satisfied A. P. Hill’s corps is massed just west of here…
…我感到非常满意
…back of Cashtown.
敌人的警戒哨离我的位置有四英里
The enemy’s pickets are within four miles of my position.
据说尤厄尔的部队从卡莱尔翻山来到了这里
Rumor says Ewell’s coming over the mountains from Carlisle.
如果这是真的,两个邦联军会在早上对我们形成夹击之态势
If true, two Confederate corps will converge upon us in the morning.
一支在西方,一支在北方
One from the west and one from the north.
如果遭受攻击,你是否希望我坚守此地?
Do you want me to hold this position if attacked?
要求确认
Confirmation requested.
J·N·O·布福德
J. N. O. Buford.
1863年7月1日星期三
战役第一天
“耶♥和♥华♥啊,求祢使天下垂”
“Bow down thy heaven, O Lord.
“亲自降临,摸山,山就冒烟”
Come down and touch the mountains and they shall smoke.
“耶♥和♥华♥—我的磐石是应当称颂的!祂教导我的手争战…
Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teaches my fingers to fight…
“教导我的指头打仗,阿门”(诗篇第144)
and my hands to war. Amen.”
早上好,露西
Good morning, Lucy.
旅行者,你也早上好
Traveler, good morning to you, sir.
早上好,长官
Good morning, sir.
早上好,泰勒少校
Good morning, Major Taylor.
早上好吗,长官?觉得怎样,长官?
How are you this morning, sir? How you feeling, sir?
斯图尔特将军那边有什么消息吗?
Is there any word from General Stuart?
没有,长官 有的话我早就叫醒您…
No, sir. I would have wakened you, sir, if…
完全没有报告,长官
There was no report at all, sir.
如果今晚还没听到斯图尔特将军的消息,我会差人给他送话
If I don’t hear from General Stuart by this evening, I’m gonna send word out to him.
是,长官 我收到希尔将军的口信,长官
Yes, sir. I have a message from General Hill, sir.
是吗? – 希尔将军希望通知您…
Yes? – General Hill wishes to inform you that…
…他今早要同他的前锋师将军赫思到葛底斯堡去
…he is going to Gettysburg this morning with his lead division general, Heth.
干啥? – 他告诉我镇里…
For what purpose? – He advises me that there is…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!