…Portsmouth…
…詹姆斯河沿岸的小村庄
…small hamlets along the James River.
来自夏洛茨维尔和弗雷德里克斯堡
From Charlottesville and Fredericksburg.
谢南多厄河谷
The Shenandoah Valley.
现在他们都是经验丰富的战士了
Mostly they’re all veteran soldiers now.
逃兵和胆小鬼早都走了
The cowards and shirkers are long gone.
在这里的每个人都明白他的职责
Every man here knows his duty.
他们甚至可以在没有指挥官带领的情况下,完成这次战斗
They would make this charge even without an officer to lead them.
他们知道战况是怎么样的
They know the gravity of the situation.
也知道敌人的勇气
And the mettle of their foe.
他们知道今天的任务…
They know that this day’s work…
…非常的艰巨而且可能是致命的
…will be desperate and deadly.
他们知道这将会成为他们当中很多人…
They know that for many of them…
…的最后一次战斗
…this will be their last charge.
但是他们当中没有一个人需要别人来告诉他应当怎么做
But not one of them needs to be told what is expected of him.
他们都愿意为在这里取得胜利…
They are all willing to make the supreme sacrifice…
…做出最大的贡献
…to achieve victory here.
取得最大的胜利,并且结束这场战争
The crowning victory and the end of this war.
我们都这样
We are all here.
当你回到自己的国家之后请你告诉他们…
You may tell them when you return to your country…
…在那一天,整个弗吉尼亚屹立于此
…that all Virginia was here on this day.
亚历山大传来的信息
A message from Alexander.
“快动身吧,看在上帝的份儿上,否则炮兵也帮不了你”
“Hurry up, for God’s sake, or the artillery can’t help you.”
请下命令,长官?
Your order, sir?
朗斯特里特将军,我应该开始进攻了吗?
General Longstreet, should I commence the attack?
我会领着我的师前进,长官
I shall lead my division forward, sir.
罗 为了弗吉尼亚的荣耀,让你的旅列阵
Lo.For the glory of Virginia, form your brigade.
先生们…
Gentlemen…
…让你们的营列阵
…form your battalions.
全营,向前!
Battalion, forward!
天父,把我的灵魂托付于你的手中
Father, into your hands, I commend my spirit.
加油,兄弟们!加油!各就各位!
Up, men! Up! And to your posts!
让人们不要忘记今天…
And let no man forget today…
…不要忘记你们来自老弗吉尼亚
…that you are from old Virginia.
弗吉尼亚!弗吉尼亚!弗吉尼亚!
Virginia! Virginia! Virginia!
弗吉尼亚人!
Virginians!
弗吉尼亚人!
Virginians!
为了你们的土地!为了你们的家园!
For your lands! For your homes!
为了你们的爱人!
For your sweethearts!
为了你们的妻子!
For your wives!
为了弗吉尼亚!
For Virginia!
向前!
Forward!
向前!
Forward!
前进!
March!
快,兄弟们!保持低姿!
Come on, men! And keep your heads down!
装弹! – 装弹!
Reload! – Reloading!
保持队形!前进,孩子们!一,二!
Clear the lines! To the front, boys! One, two!
我们跟着你,将军!
We are with you, general!
快啊,兄弟们!
Come on, boys!
快,兄弟们!
Come on, boys!
望远镜!
The glasses!
前进!跨过栅栏!
Let’s go! Over the fence!
填上那个缺口!
Fill that gap!
跨过栅栏!
Over the fence!
保持低姿!
Keep your heads down!
开火!
Fire!
翻过栅栏,小伙子们!
Over the fence, lads!
注意为冲锋保存体力,翻过栅栏,快!
But save your strength for the attack and get over the fence, quickly!
开火!
Fire!
告诉他
Tell him.
将军,特林布尔给您问好,他说…
General, Trimble sends his compliments and says…
…他今天有幸指挥的军队如果…
…that if the troops he had the honor to command this day…
…不能拿下那阵地就再没有谁能够拿下了
…cannot take that position, all hell can’t take it.
加强火力!就这样!双倍火力!
Give them double canisters! That’s it! Double canisters!
起来,兄弟们!开火
Get up, men! Fire!
快步走小伙子们 让他们尝尝刺刀!
Quick step my boy.Give them the cold steel!
快步走!
Quick step!
保持火力!
Keep up your fire!
把那个尽快交给朗斯特里特将军
Take that to General Longstreet quick as you can.
带上我的问候
With my compliments.
该死的!跟我来!
Damnation! Come on!
坚持住!
Do it!
自♥由♥射击!
Fire away, men!
保持前进!
Close it up!
稳住!保持阵型!
Steady! Keep that line there!
继续射击! – 上校!
Keep up your fire! – Colonel!
集♥合♥你的人 我们要攻击这些混♥蛋♥的侧翼
Bring your men forward. We’ll flank these bastards.
集♥合♥你的人 – 是,长官
Bring the men forward. – Yes, sir.
我们要攻击他们的侧翼
By God, we’ll flank them.
真♥他♥妈♥该死!
Damn it all!
我不会离开的…
I will not be moved…
…直到这场战斗的胜负决定以后
…until this engagement is decided.
趁着我还没失血过多给我找些止血带来
Get me a tourniquet before I bleed to death.
前进,兄弟们!
Forward, boys!
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
我们需要你的支援
You’ve got to come up and help us.
以上帝的名义,他们在攻击我们的侧翼
In God’s name, they’re flanking us.
他们从右边下来了,而且向我们射击
Coming down on the right and firing right into us.
对着那些树 对着中间偏右的方向
Head for the trees. Head right for the center.
我会下令跑步前进,不许停留
I’ll call for double-quick. Nobody waits.
每个人都要前进 – 好的
Everybody goes. – All right.
弟兄们!跑步前进!
Boys! At the double quick!
前进!
March!
上啊!都上啊!
Come on! Together!
上啊,兄弟们!他们要崩溃了!
Come on, boys! They’re breaking!
冲向墙那边!
Forward to the wall!
把他们赶下山去,兄弟们!
Get to them on the right, boys!
走出去,兄弟们!走出去
Move out, boys! Move out!
来啊,孩子!
Come on, boy. Come on!
明天你会怎么看你自己?
What will you think of yourself tomorrow?
弗吉尼亚人!弗吉尼亚人!
Virginians! Virginians!
我们停滞不前了!谁愿随我冲锋?
We’re staying. Who will come with me?
跟我冲!兄弟们!
Let’s go, boys!
这才像话,罗
That’s the style, Lo.
这才像话!
That’s the style!
墓园岭上的石墙是皮克特冲锋中邦联军推进到的最远处,此处后来被称为邦联最高水位点,象征其事业由盛转衰
我们拿下了,兄弟们!
The day is ours, men!
调转炮口对准他们!调转炮口!
Turn the cannons on them! Turn the cannons!
突破他们,罗!
Break them, Lo!
发生什么事情了?我看不见,我的好小子们怎么了!
What’s happening? I can’t see what’s happening to my boys!
我的好小子们怎么了?
What’s happening to my boys?
少校,给我望远镜
Major, give me your glasses.
这有个叛军,把他抓起来
There’s a rebel. Take him prisoner.
长官,长官
Sir, sir.
你能帮我站起来吗?
Will you help me up, please?
长官,能告诉我你的名字吗?你是谁?
Sir, could you tell me what your name is? Who you are?
我想和汉考克将军谈谈
I would like to speak to General Hancock.
你知道在哪儿能找到汉考克将军吗?
Do you know where General Hancock may be found?
我们抱歉,长官 将军受伤了
I’m sorry, sir. The general is down.
他被射中了 – 不!
He’s been hit. – No!
不应该我们两个都这样!
Not both of us.
不应该大家都这样!
Not all of us.
求求你,上帝
Please, God.
长官,我们的军医正在全速赶来
Sir, we’re having a surgeon come as quickly as we can.
你能听到我的话吗,孩子?
Can you hear me, son?
是的,长官,我能听到
Yes, sir. I can hear you.
你能转告汉考克将军…
Will you tell General Hancock…
…阿米斯特德将军很后悔吗?
…that General Armistead sends his regrets?
你能转告…
Will you tell him…
…我是多么抱歉吗?
…how very sorry I am?
我会告诉他的,长官,我会告诉他
I will tell him, sir. I will tell him.