“Goodbye. Good luck.
“咱们地狱见”
I’ll see you in hell.”
你记得吗?
Do you remember that?
那晚上到了最后…
Towards the end of the evening…
…我们都围着钢琴坐下来
…we all sat around the piano.
然后阿尔迈拉弹起了…
Almira played…
…那首歌♥,就是她弹过的一首
…that song there, that was the one she played.
也许很长一段时间,也许一辈子…
Maybe for years, maybe forever…
我都不会忘记这些
I’ll never forget that.
你明白那是怎么回事儿,皮特
You know how it was, Pete.
温就像我的亲兄弟
Winn was like a brother to me.
记得吗?
Remember?
那天晚上到了最后…
Towards the end of the evening…
…气氛变得非常的沉重了
…things got a little rough.
我们都开始…
We all began to…
反正…
Well…
…那天晚上流了不少泪啊
…there were a lot of tears.
我走到汉考克跟前
I went over to Hancock.
我揽住他的肩膀,说道,
I took him by the shoulder. I said,
“温,我发誓…”
“Winn,so help me…”
“…如果我举起我的双手与你为敌…”
“…if I ever raise my hand against you…”
“天打雷劈,不得好死”
may God strike me dead.”
从那之后我就再也没有见到过他
Ain’t seen him since.
他曾在马尔文山…
He was at Malvern Hill…
…白橡木沼泽、夏普斯堡、弗雷德里克斯堡等战场
…White Oak Swamp, Sharpsburg, Fredericksburg.
在那些日子里经过这些…
One of these days I will see him, I’m afraid.
狭小的致命战场…
Across that…
…我都害怕会见到他
…small deadly space.
我想过袖手旁观这场战争
I thought about sitting this one out.
但我不能那么做
But I can’t do that.
那样也是不对的
That wouldn’t be right either.
我想是不对的
I guess not.
谢谢你
Thank you, Peter.
我必须把这些说出来
I had to talk about that.
我这里有给阿尔迈拉•汉考克…
I’m sending Almira Hancock…
…的一个小包,如果我死了…
…a small package to be opened…
…请她打开
…in the event of my death.
当这一切都结束之后…
You’ll drop by and see her…
…你会去拜访她的
…after this is over.
对吗?皮特?
Won’t you, Pete?
谢谢
Thank you.
今天星期几,少校?
What day is it now, major?
已经过了午夜很久了,长官
It’s long after midnight, sir.
已经是星期五了
It’s already Friday.
星期五,7月3号♥? – 是的,长官
Friday, July 3? – Yes, sir.
那明天就是7月4号♥了 – 长官?
Then tomorrow is the Fourth of July. – Sir?
独♥立♥日
Independence Day.
我差点儿就忘了 – 上帝真有幽默感
I’d quite forgotten. – The good Lord has a sense of humor.
我很抱歉把你留到这么晚
I’m very sorry to keep you up so late.
那是我的荣幸
It is my pleasure.
我们应该扩招副官了
We should have a larger staff.
恕我冒犯,长官
I’d be offended, sir.
我能应付过来
I can do the work.
非常好
Very well.
斯图尔特将军等着见你呢,长官
General Stuart is waiting to see you, sir.
要我把他带进来吗? – 当然
Shall I bring him in? – Of course.
少校? – 是的,长官
Major? – Yes, sir.
不要让任何人来打扰我和斯图尔特将军
General Stuart and I must not be disturbed.
好的,长官 – 谢谢
Very well, sir. – Thank you.
李将军要见你,长官
General Lee will see you now, sir.
你想见我?长官
You wish to see me, sir.
现在有些优秀的军官说是你让我们都完蛋了
It is the opinion of some excellent officers that you have let us all down.
长官,你能告诉我这些人是谁吗?
Sir, if you will please tell me who these gentlemen are?
没有必要 没有时间了
There will be none of that. There is no time.
我请你允许我捍卫我的
I ask that I be allowed to defend my-
没时间了!
There is no time.
斯图尔特将军
General Stuart.
给你的任务是自♥由♥地指挥部队…
Your mission was to free this army…
…对抗敌军骑兵
…from the enemy cavalry.
并且报告敌军主力部队的一举一动
And to report any movement by the enemy’s main body.
这个任务没有完成
That mission was not fulfilled.
你离开之后的这些天…
You left here…
…关于你的行动和敌军行动,没有向我报告过一个字
…with no word of your movement or movement of the enemy for days.
期间我们被迫卷入了这场战役…
Meanwhile we were engaged and drawn into battle…
…不知道敌人的军力和位置
…without adequate knowledge of the enemy’s strength or position.
不了解地形
Without knowledge of the ground.
只是因为上帝的仁慈我们才没有在这里遭到歼灭
So it is only by God’s grace that we did not meet disaster here.
李将军,这是有原因的
General Lee, there were reasons.
也许你误解了我的命令
Perhaps you misunderstood my orders.
也许是我自己没有说清楚
Perhaps I did not make myself clear.
但是先生,这一次必须非常的明确
Well, sir, this must be made very clear.
你,先生…
You, sir…
…你的骑兵是这支军队的耳目
…with your cavalry, are the eyes of this army.
没有你的骑兵,我们就变成了瞎子
Without your cavalry, we are made blind.
这已经发生过一次了
That has already happened once.
绝不能,绝不能再发生一次
It must never, never happen again.
既然我已经没资格佩戴将军的… – 我告诉过你没有时间干这些了!
Since I no longer hold the general’s– – I told you there is no time for that!
没时间了
There is no time.
明天还会有另一场恶战,并且我们需要你
There is another fight coming tomorrow and we need you.
我们需要每一个人 上帝作证
We need every man. God knows.
你必须记住我曾经教导你的话…
You must take what I have told you…
…而且像一个成年人那样从中学习
…and learn from it as a man does.
犯过一个错误
There has been a mistake.
就不应该不会再犯 我知道你的能力
It will not happen again. I know your quality.
你是我所知道的最好的骑兵指挥官之一…
You are one of the finest cavalry officers I have ever known…
…而且你为这支军队所作出的贡献是无法衡量的
…and your service to this army has been invaluable.
现在…
Now…
…让我们忘记过去
…let us speak no more of this.
这件事到此为止 晚安,将军
The matter is concluded. Goodnight, general.
1863年7月3日星期五
最后一天
上校,给
Colonel, sir.
你在这儿上面干什么?
What are you doing up here?
放松一下我的腿
I’m just resting my leg.
好吧
All right.
从这里你能看到人生
You sure can see a ways from here.
你到哪儿去了?
Where have you been?
我们派遣了一个小队…
We sent out a detail…
…在那下面发现了一些尸体…
…and found some more departed souls down there…
…还带着他们永远也用不上的咖啡所以
…and they were carrying coffee for which they had no more use for.
呃,你是个盗尸贼
You’re a ghoul.
劳伦斯
Lawrence.
昨天你干得很棒
You did real good yesterday.
叛军不断地涌来
The way them rebs just kept coming.
你不得不佩服他们
You had to admire them.
你觉得他们今天还会再来吗?
You think they’ll come again today?
看上去他们并不打算离开
It doesn’t look like they’re planning to leave.
我们只剩100个人了
We don’t have but 100 men.
这还是把缅因第2团的人也算上了
Even with the whole flock from the Second Maine.
这个位置很好
This position’s good.
注意
Diversion.
密切注意哨所
Go alert the pickets.
那可能是佯攻 他们也许会再回来
That may be a diversion. They may be coming this way again.
我要求的弹♥药♥在哪儿?
Where’s the ammunition I asked for?
去检查一下医护所,看看那些孩子们 看看巴斯特怎么样了
Go check the hospital, see about the boys. Check on Buster.
好的,长官
Very well, sir.
我们还需要一个信使
We need another runner.
我在这座山跑上跑下的腿都快断了
I keep going up and down this hill, my legs are going to fall off.
墓园岭
早上好,将军 – 早上好,长官
Morning, General. – Morning, sir.
如果你愿意,跟我骑上一程 – 是,长官
Ride with me, if you will. – Yes, sir.
朗斯特里特将军,现在皮克特的生力军归你调遣了
General Longstreet, you have General Pickett now and he is fresh.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!