Some boys got nothing at all.
能想办法搞点儿弹♥药♥吗?
What do we do for ammunition?
我的人不得不去捡叛军的步♥枪♥来还击他们
My boys picked up reb muskets and fired back with them.
我们应该撤退 – 不,我们不能这么做
We ought to pull out. – No, we can’t do that.
我们不可能再挡住他们了,长官
We can’t hold them again, sir.
如果我们挡不住,他们就会越过这座山那么整个侧翼就完蛋了
If we don’t, they go right over the hill and the flank caves in.
长官
Sir.
他们来了!
Here they come.
我们不能离开 如果我们留下,又没法射击
We can’t run away. If we stay here, we can’t shoot.
所以,大家上刺刀吧
So let’s fix bayonets.
我们要往山下发动一次反冲锋
We’ll have the advantage moving down the hill.
如果我们觉得疲倦,他们也好不到哪儿去 所以上刺刀
They must be tired if we are. So fix bayonets.
埃利斯,你负责左翼 我会负责右边的
Ellis, you take the left wing. I’ll take the right.
全团准备出发
Right wheel forward, the whole regiment.
真的要冲锋吗? – 是的,但我们要这么做
You mean charge? – Yes,but here’s what we do.
我们从这里下去
We’re going to charge swinging down the hill.
制♥造♥我们要往左边撤退的假象…
Just like we pulled back to the left side…
…我们留出一个通道
…we’ll swing it down like a door.
当他们冲上来的时候,我们发动突袭把他们赶下去 明白吗?
We’ll sweep them down the hill as they come up. Understand?
大家都明白了吗? – 是的,长官
Does everybody understand? – Yes, sir.
埃利斯,负责左翼
Ellis, take the left wing.
听我的命令,全团往右边冲锋
When I command, the whole regiment goes forward swinging down to the right.
好的,长官,好的
All right, sir. Fine.
行动
Move.
上刺刀!
Bayonets!
快!快点儿!动起来!
Come on! Let’s go! Move!
快点儿,兄弟们!快点儿!
Quickly, boys! Quickly!
快点儿!
Let’s go!
上刺刀!
Bayonets!
准备!
Charge!
冲锋!
Bayonets!
左翼,向右转
Left swing, right wheel.
向右转!
Right wheel!
冲啊!
Charge!
冲啊!
Charge!
冲啊!
Charge!
放下枪
The pistol.
我投降,长官
Your prisoner, sir.
在这里等着
Wait here.
天哪,上校,兄弟们还在继续前进
By God, colonel, the boys are still advancing.
你最好让他们停下来 – 他们简直要杀进里士满了
You better stop them. – They’re on their way to Richmond.
里士满! – 他们今天付出得已经够多了
Richmond! – They’ve done enough for today.
我想让你见见这个从亚拉巴马来的伙计
I want you to meet this fellow from Alabama.
霍金斯上尉!这是我的哥哥张伯伦上校
Captain Hawkins, this is my brother, Colonel Chamberlain.
先生
Sir.
能给我点儿水喝吗?
May I have some water?
可以
Yes.
当然,汤姆,给这人一个水壶
Sure. Tom, get this man a canteen.
是,长官,这边来
Yes, sir. Right this way.
你怎么样?
How you doing?
两次!
Twice.
看在圣母的份儿上,你相信吗?
Would you believe, for the love of Mary?
两次
Twice.
你好吗,亲爱的上校,多么该死的一天啊?
And how are you, colonel, darling, this fine day?
我腋窝受伤了
I got it in the armpit.
看在上帝的份儿上,该死的腋窝
For the love of God, in the bloody armpit.
他伤情如何?
How is he?
一条手臂
It’s an arm.
只是一条手臂,你总会失去点儿什么
Only an arm. You got to lose something.
一条手臂可能不算什么了
It might as well be an arm.
比起其他部位,一条手臂还是不算什么的真的
I can part with that easier than other mechanics of nature, and that’s the truth.
我现在可以喝点儿小酒
I could do with a nip right now.
我会看看我能做点儿什么的
I’ll see what I can do.
你非常的英勇
You do pretty good.
上校…
Colonel. Colonel?
我在这,巴斯特,我就在这
I’m right here, Buster. I’m right here.
这支军队被上帝所眷顾
The army was blessed.
我想现在告诉你,只是以防万一…
I want to tell you, just in case…
…我从没有和比你…
…that I never served…
我从没有和比你更优秀的人一起服过役
I’ve never served with a better man.
别担心长官
Don’t worry, sir.
他会挺过去的 他是一个坚强的爱尔兰佬
He’ll make it. He’s a tough old mick.
上校,长官 我感到非常的光荣
Colonel, sir. If you would so honor me.
上校,把这些带着空枪的叛军移走吗?
Colonel, sir. I’ve been moving these rebs with an empty musket.
批准了
Not so loud.
上校
Colonel.
你被指派去那座大山的山顶
You’re ordered to go to the top of the big hill.
我的纽约士兵将接管你的战俘
My New Yorkers will take your prisoners.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
我们从我们的位置看到了
We watched from our position above.
那是我见过的最厉害的事情了
It’s the damnedest thing I ever saw.
可以…?可以和你握手吗,先生?
May I…? May I shake your hand, sir?
上校,还有一件事这座山的名字,这座山…
Colonel, one thing. The name of this place, this hill…
应该有个名字吧,这山?
Has it got a name, this hill?
小朗德托普山 就是你保卫的这座山的名字
This is Little Round Top. That’s the name of the hill you defended.
你将要去的那座大山叫做大朗德托普山
The big one you’re going up to, that’s Big Round Top.
真的吗?我想,我会记住它的
Is that so? I guess I’ll remember that.
埃利斯,让大家准备吧我们…要出发去那了
Ellis, move the men out. I’m going to go ahead.
山姆?
Sam?
我们给他打了麻醉剂,长官
We drugged him, sir.
如果他能睡着的话会有帮助的
It’d be better if he slept.
没见到很多情况
Didn’t see much.
兄弟们进入了,攻击那些石头
The boys went in. Hit the rocks.
战况如何,皮特?
How did it go, Pete?
很好,山姆
Fine, Sam.
我们拿下那些地方了吗?
We take those rocks?
大部分
Most of them.
最差的…
Worst…
…地形,我见过的
…ground I ever saw.
你知道吗?
You know that?
他们叫它…
They call it…
…魔鬼的巢穴,真是个好名字啊
…Devil’s Den. It’s a good name for it.
人员伤亡情况呢?
What casualties?
还不知道
Don’t know yet.
必须给我的士兵们嘉奖!
Got to give my boys credit.
你应该让我从右边绕的
You should’ve let me go to the right.
我们应该从右边绕的
We should’ve gone to the right.
他需要休息,长官
He needs to rest some.
你找我,长官?
You summoned me, sir?
哈里森
Harrison.
是的
I did.
我有些晚上才能做的任务
I’ve got some night work.
你愿意接受吗?
Are you up to it?
“到了晚上,全世界都沐浴在爱河之中…
“All the world will be in love with night…
“…对炫耀的阳光没有丝毫的敬意”
…and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
当战争结束之后我真希望能在舞台上看到你
When this is all over, I do look forward to seeing you on stage.
将军希望我♥干♥什么呢?
What are the general’s wishes?
我希望你出去之后往右边走侦查联邦军队的部署位置
I want you to go out on the right, scout the Federal position.
他们的情况,他们有多少预备队,现在参战的兵力有多少
Their condition, what they’ve got in reserve, what they’re bringing up.
这可能要花去一晚上时间 我希望这些情报准确,清楚
It’ll probably take all night. But I want it right and clear.
愿意为您效劳,将军 – 很好
Your obedient servant. – Good.
哈里森,这会非常的危险,我非常感谢你
Now, Harrison, it’ll be dangerous. And I do appreciate this.
谢谢,长官
Thank you, sir.
但是坦率地说,这项任务让我感到很烦恼的是…
But I must confess, the thing that bothers me about this job…
…没有一个观众
…is the absence of an audience.
当你出色的完成了,却没有一个人知道
When you do it right, no one knows it.
没人会欣赏你的工作 你明白吗?
Nobody ever watches your work. Do you see?
对一个演员来说,这是很痛苦的
That’s very hard on an actor.
这现编出来的情节是妙不可言的
This current creation is marvelous.
我是个又穷又蠢的农夫,看吧…
I’m a poor half-witted farmer, do you see…
…很怕碰到士兵的,可我那可爱又年轻的老婆跟一个下士跑了