What do you know? He’s asleep. This early.
在最后这一天 别瞎扯了 快把他叫醒
On your last night? Nonsense. Come on, let’s wake him up.
别烦他了
Let the poor guy alone.
这不符合我的原则
It’s against my deepest principles.
嘿 菲尔 醒醒 是我们
Hey, Phil, come on, wake up. It’s us.
噢 你饶了他吧
Let the poor lug alone.
我说过不放过任何男人
I told you, I never let any man alone.
嘿 你一个人在这儿
Hey, I thought we were expected, sleepyhead.
凯茜呢
Where’s Kathy?
她早走了
She left early.
你穿睡衣真好看
My, you look nice in pajamas.
快把衣服穿上 我可以闭上眼睛
Get on a dressing gown. I’ll close my eyes if you’re modest.
你去准备冰块儿 好让他换衣服
You go get the ice cubes so he can get dressed.
他可不想让姑娘看到他的后背
He wouldn’t let any dame see his ratty bathrobe. And he’s right.
去呀 别想碰运气
Go on. Don’t trifle with your luck.
我觉得男人真不该穿礼物戴领带
I don’t think any man should ever wear coats and ties.
他们穿衬衣和裤子帅极了 穿睡衣更好
They look just wonderful in shirts and pants and in pajamas!
出什么事儿了
What’s wrong, Phil?
吹了
Skip it.
怎么回事儿
Flume Inn?
汤姆被人 叫做肮脏的犹太佬
Tommy got called “dirty Jew” and “kike”
孩子们打了他
by some kids down the street.
他回来的时候很伤心
Came home pretty badly shaken up.
你现在都知道了
Now you know it all.
这才是最痛苦的地方 那些孩子
That’s the place they really get at you, your kids.
怎么改变他们
Now you even know that.
你可以不再当犹太人了 没有别的办法
Well, you can quit being Jewish now. There’s nothing else.
至于我自己的孩子嘛 他们已经习以为常
My own kids got it without the names, Phil.
根本不在乎
Just setting their hearts
不在乎这些事情了
on a summer camp their bunch were going to
再说 在乎又能怎么样呢
and being kept out.
这个就是事实
It wrecked them for a while.
还有一件让你发疯的事…
The only other thing that makes you want to murder is…
我们部队有个家伙
There was a boy in our outfit, Abe Schlussman.
是个工程师 人很好
Good soldier. Good engineer.
我们当时在法国 碰到了飞机轰炸
One night, we got bombed, and he caught it.
他被炸伤了
I was ten yards off.
我听到有人对他说 把手给我 犹太佬
Somebody said, “Give me a hand with this sheeny.”
那是他听到的最后一句话
Those were the last words he ever heard.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Oh, good morning.
韦尔斯小姐
Miss Wales,
这是文章的前半部 你把它打出来
here it is, the first three installments, edited and ready to go.
每打完十页就送楼下去
Send every ten pages downstairs.
让他们排版
Have it set up in galley immediately.
我时间很紧 非常地紧
Tell them I’m in a hurry, a big hurry.
你需要多长时间
How long is that much gonna take you?
不到一万字
Well, it’s no more than 10, 000 words.
我今晚上就能打出来
I guess I can have it finished by tonight.
我动作很快
I am pretty fast.
我当了八个星期的犹太人
“I Was Jewish For Eight Weeks.”
噢 格林先生 你是基♥督♥徒
Why, Mr. Green, you’re a Christian.
可我从来没有…
But I never…
我是说…
Well…
我和您在一起的时间最长
But I’ve been around you more than anybody else.
– 从来没有想到… – 这有什么好烦恼的 韦尔斯小姐
– And I never once… – What’s so upsetting about that, Miss Wales?
你是说基♥督♥徒和犹太人之间确实有些区别
You mean there is some difference between Jews and Christians?
你看着我 好好地看看 我还是昨天同一个人
Look at me. Look at me hard. I’m the same man I was yesterday.
你说是不是
That’s true, isn’t it?
你为什么这样惊讶呢
Why should you be so astonished, Miss Wales?
你仍然不敢相信 会有人放弃
You still can’t believe that anybody would give up
高贵的基♥督♥徒生活 哪怕是八个星期
the glory of being a Christian for even eight weeks, can you?
你感到烦恼的就是这个 对吗
That’s what’s eating you, isn’t it?
如果我告诉你 你这就是反犹太主义
And if I tell you that that’s anti-Semitism,
你感到做个基♥督♥徒 比做个犹太人高贵
your feeling that being Christian is better than being Jewish,
你又会说我在冲你撒气
you’re gonna tell me that I’m heckling you again,
在歪曲你的话吗
or that I’m twisting your words around,
你要面对现实
or that it’s just facing facts,
这就是昨天有人对我说的话
as someone else said to me yesterday.
看着我 韦尔斯小姐
Face me now, Miss Wales. Come on, look at me.
还是这张脸这双眼睛 这个鼻子
Same face, same eyes, same nose,
这身衣服 一切都一样
same suit, same everything.
你摸着我的手 摸摸它
Here. Take my hand. Feel it!
是和你一样的血肉 是不是
Same flesh as yours, isn’t it?
今天和昨天没有什么区别
No different today than it was yesterday, Miss Wales.
唯一不同的是基♥督♥徒这个词
The only thing that’s different is the word Christian.
我当然见他 请他马上进来
Of course I’ll see him. Send him right in.
早上好
Good morning.
谢谢你见我 我很抱歉就这样闯进来了
Thanks for seeing me, John. I’m sorry to break in on you like this.
我已经把文章的前一半交给韦尔斯小姐打印了
I turned the first half over to Miss Wales for typing.
另一半我这星期写完
I’ll finish the rest of it by the end of the week.
太好了 我要走了
Good. I want to clear out.
永远
Completely?
是的 永远
Yeah, completely.
回加利福尼亚吗
Going back to California?
一收拾好就动身
As soon as we get packed.
你能帮我订张火车票吗
Will the office help me get train reservations?
可以 将来的任务呢
Yes. What about future assignments?
到时候再说吧
I’ll let you know.
任何事都别打扰我
I don’t want to be disturbed for anything.
你们俩的事儿我很抱歉 凯茜今天上午告诉我太太了
Sorry about you two. Kathy told my wife this morning.
她好像很难受
She seemed pretty upset.
我真希望你们能好下去
I’d have liked it to go on, Phil.
你们很般配
It seemed so right, you two.
我能做什么 能帮忙吗
Anything I can do? Can I be of any help?
我知道说什么都没用了 可是
Talk is useless, I know, but
– 也许有人能… – 谢谢 约翰 非常感谢
– maybe someone who knew the both… – Thanks, John. Thanks a lot.
我得回去了 今天要把办公室整理好
I’d better be getting back. I’m clearing out of the office tonight.
我会在家里把最后的部分写完
I’ll finish the last three installments
然后带过来
at home and I’ll bring them in.
我们再见最后一次
We’ll have one more session.
嘿 我在找你呢
Hey, I’m looking for you.
这可是我们这个杂♥志♥ 从来没有过的好文章
It’s the gol-darnedest idea for a series this magazine has ever run.
嘿 菲尔 这十页文章我都无法放下了
No kidding, Green. I couldn’t put these 10 pages down.
大家都在谈论呢 至于插图嘛
The whole place is buzzing with it. Now, about artwork.
我想用些照片 你觉得呢
Photographic treatment’s my hunch. What do you think?
可以
Okay.
但不能用我儿子我母亲或我的照片
No pictures of my kid or me or my mother, understand?
噢 别欺负我了 明白吗
Now, stop pushing me around.
你们这些基♥督♥徒就是这样
That’s the trouble with you Christians,
总是嚷嚷 总是指挥别人
you know, too aggressive, loud, pushing.
每个人都拿到了一份 只有我没有
Everybody’s got a copy but me.
什么时候轮到我看 菲尔
When’s my turn to see it, Phil?
人人都在说这个情节怎么怎么好
The place is in a frenzy over the wonderful plot.
这样严肃的内容怎么会有好情节
Though, what plot there can be to a series on anti-Semitism escapes me.
我实在不明白 太妙了 太好了
This is something. It’s hot, all right.
菲尔 你完全把我给蒙了
You fooled me, Phil, completely.
我多次想问你
Though I did want to say a couple of times,
你这么多年来怎么仍然会这么开心
how have you lived this long spending this much juice on it all the time?
我现在明白了 都明白了
I get it now. Everything.
这会轰动的 你看完其它部分再说
This is dynamite. Wait till you read the rest of it.
如果每个人都这样
Boy, if everybody would act it out just one day of the year,
那么这种事一夜之间就能解决了
it’d be curtains on the thing overnight.
我得走了 他们还急着要看呢
Well, I gotta go. Minify ordered everything stopped for this.
回头见
See you later.
这真是个好点子 菲尔 祝贺你
It’s a wonderful notion, Phil. Congratulations.
嘿 你好像有点儿不大对劲
Hey, you look kind of beat. I worry about you.
我很好
I’m fine.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
你和凯茜也没事儿 是吗
It’s over with you and Kathy, isn’t it?
菲尔 我昨晚就猜到了 可我无法肯定

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!