I’ll wear lifts.
即使垫上脚垫你也没那么高
Even with lifts, you’re not that tall.
那怎么样?
So, what?
不…不
我们从没讨论过要这么做
We never discussed that.
我还以为你很认真 文生
I thought you were serious.
我是很认真 不干就是了
I am. I’m not doing that.
我绝不干
I won’t.
杰隆从此不再怀疑我的决心
Jerome never questioned my commitment again.
我一直这样想着来忘记自己的痛苦
I took my mind off the pain by reminding myseif…
我哪天再度站起来后
that when I eventuaiiy did stand up
距离我遨游天际的梦想会更近2吋
I’d be two inches cioser to the stars.
你没事吧?
You all right?
没事
Yeah.
想不想去跳舞?
Wanna go dancing?
你必须习惯用右手
You had to be a right-hander.
现在已经没人要左撇子了
I guess no one orders southpaws anymore.
杰隆·莫洛
Jerome Morrow.
好名字
It’s a nice name.
-那是我的名字 -不用这个名字怎么变成你?
– It’s my name. – I can’t be you without it.
你凭什么以为你可以变成我?
What makes you think you can be me at all?
你看
Look at this.
看啊!
Look at it.
不错…
It’s nice.
很不错 是真的吗
I’m impressed. Is it real?
你也是色盲吗 文生?
Are you colorblind too?
-这是银牌耶! -那又怎样?
– It’s silver. – So?
我杰隆·莫洛不该屈居人下
Jerome Morrow was never meant to be one step down on the podium.
尽管我天赋过人
With all I had going for me…
我还是屈居第二
I was still second best.
我耶!
Me.
你又凭什么以为自己会成功
So how do you expect to pull this off?
我也不晓得
I don’t know exactly.
你还得多练练签名
Your signature needs work.
很快的 我们的准备功夫就派上用场了
It soon came time to put our preparations to the test.
杰隆天生是进入格德佳公♥司♥的料
Jerome was engineered with everything needed to get into Gattaca…
除了没有兴趣
except the desire to do so.
你真的很想进去?
Do you really wanna be in there?
我才不要进去 我要的是”上去”
I don’t wanna be in there. I wanna be up there.
上面有什么啊?
What’s up there?
这就是我想知道的 杰隆
That’s what I wanna find out, Jerome.
叫我尤金好了
Call me Eugene.
那是我的中间名
My middle name.
如果你想成为”杰隆” 最好早点习惯
If you’re gonna beJerome, you better start getting used to it.
我要走了 我的样本呢?
Where’s my sample?
在冰箱里 左边门上
In the refrigerator! Door on the left!
哪一袋?
Which pouch?
都可以
Oh, any of them.
要不要先测测
Should I test it?
随你
If you like!
-天啊 机器怎么了? -机器没事!
– What’s wrong with the machine? – Nothing!
样本有问题 你又喝酒了!
It’s a hot sample. You’ve been drinking again.
-没有! -天啊 尤金 现在是早上八点!
– I haven’t! – Christ, it’s 8:00 in the morning!
我没喝
I haven’t!
这不是开玩笑的! 一个小时后我就要面试了
This is no joke! My interview is in an hour!
这包尿里的伏特加比尿还多!
There is more vodka in this piss than there is piss!
好吧 对不起 我为了庆贺小喝了半杯
I’m sorry. I had half a glass to celebrate.
试试看星期五那包 不会有问题的
Try Friday’s. That one will be okay.
-就只剩下星期三的了 -星期三 就是那包
– There’s only Wednesday left. – That’s the one.
“正常”
听着…现在退出还不算太晚
Listen. It’s not too late to back out.
今天以后 你不再是你 我不再是我
This is the last day you’re gonna be you and I’m gonna be me.
怎么样?
Well?
“通过”
恭喜
Congratulations.
面试的事怎么样了?
Well, what about the interview?
这就是面试
That was it.
我录取了
I got it.
那当然
Of course you got it.
情况就这样
And that’s the way it was.
我每天必须尽量除去脱皮
Daiiy, I disposed of as much ioose skin,
指甲屑和毛发
fingernaiis and hair as possibie…
尽量隐瞒”合格”世界里”不合格”的自己
to iimit how much of my In-Vaiid seif I wouid ieave in the Vaiid worid.
尤金也一直准备着自己那高人一等的基因样本
Meanwhiie, Eugene prepared sampies of his own superior body matter…
这样我才能冒充他
so that I might pass for him.
特制的尿液袋用来通过经常的物质检测
Customized urine pouches for the frequent substance tests…
指尖血囊是用来通过安全检验的
fingertip biood sachets for security checks…
还有装满其它样本的玻璃瓶
viais filied with other traces.
尤金负责提供我一个新身份 我则负责付房♥租
Whiie Eugene suppiied me with a new identity, I paid the rent…
让他过他早已习惯的豪华生活
and kept him in the styie to which he’d become accustomed.
对于我这种”子♥宫♥儿”
Eugene never suffered from the routine discrimination of a “utero”…
“自然生产” “瑕疵人”的例行歧视
“faith birth”or “In-Vaiid” as we were caiied.
生为”完美人” “试管儿” “人造人”
A “Vaiid, “a “vitro, “a “made man,”
的尤金从来没有尝过 他受到的是另一种负担之苦
he suffered under a different burden.
也就是”必须完美”的负担
The burden of perfection.
如今我变成了一个相对新鲜
I was now a member of a reiativeiy new…
且令人讨厌社会群体的一份子
and particuiariy detested segment of society.
我变成那种拒绝认命的人
One of those who refuses to piay the hand that he was deait.
一般称我这种人为”搭便车”
I am most commoniy known as a “borrowed iadder”or…
或者…”基因盗用者”
a “de-gene-erate.”
冒充成杰隆·莫洛的我
In the guise ofJerome Morrow…
在盖特卡升迁得很快
I have risen quickiy through the ranks of Gattaca.
只有一名任务督导差点…
Oniy one of the mission directors has ever come ciose…
识破了我的真正身份
to discovering my true identity.
很奇怪的是他死后对我的威胁
Strange to think, he may have more success exposing me in death…
更甚于生前
than he ever did in iife.
抱歉引起的不便
We apoiogize for any inconvenience.
-应该可以排除自杀 -先生 你说什么?
– I think we can rule out suicide. – Excuse me?
没事
Nothing.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们需要一点时间 可能要推迟一下
This will take a while. We might have to push things back.
艾琳…麻烦你帮一下调查人员的忙
Irene, I want you to assist the investigators.
总监 这样我的工作进度就会落后
My work, Director. That would put me behind.
谢谢你的奉献精神 艾琳
I appreciate your sacrifice.
这样不会影响我的前途吧?
Will you see that I don’t lose my place in line?
绝对不会
Your place is assured.
所以 请你去告诉有关当局
So, will you kindly inform the authorities…
尽管我们无法容忍♥严重中断
that we will cooperate in any way…
但还是会全力合作
although we can’t tolerate a major disruption.
-总监… -谢谢 艾琳
– Director… – Thank you.
谢谢 总监
Thank you.
总监 这会影响我们的任务吗?
How will this affect the mission?
我们还是会照计划进行
We’re still going ahead as planned.
我们的升空窗口只到周末
The launch window’s only open until week’s end…
这宗意外虽然令人惋惜
and tragic though this event may be…
它并没有停止行星的运行 不是吗?
it hasn’t stopped the planets’ turning, has it?
怎么了? 我要升空了
– What happened? – I’m going up.
什么时候?
When?
周末
End of the week.
周末?
这么快?
That soon?
任务督导怎么说?
What about the mission director?
他死了
He’s dead.
不会吧?
Are you serious?
今天早上在他的办公室里发现他被打得血肉模糊
He was found in his office today beaten
以至于要检查他的胸卡才知道他是谁
so badly they had to check his name tag.
是真的啊
You are serious.
情况就这样
So that’s it.
我们铁定是要出发了
There’s nothing between us and ignition.
我马上就要升空了
I’m going up.
-他是被谋杀的耶! -那又怎样 又不是我♥干♥的
– The man was murdered. – So? I didn’t do it.
我没说是你干的 但是一定会有很多调查员来
I didn’t say you did, but the place is gonna be crawling with Hoovers.
我冒定这个险了!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!