-晚上好 牧师 -晚上好 陛下
-Good evening, Reverend. -Good evening, Your Holiness.
晚上好 牧师
Good evening, Reverend.
你应该把胡子刮得干净点
Looks as though you should have shaved closer.
晚上好 牧师 请求您的谅解
Good evening, Reverend. I do beg your pardon.
怎么称呼?
Miss…?
-爱华亭 -爱华亭小姐
-Everdeane. -Miss Everdeane.
你们不介意的话 请到这边来 多谢
Now, gentlemen, over here, if you don’t mind. Thank you.
打开 拿着
Open it. Hold it up.
对着镜子
Into the mirror.
就他了
That one.
我们的皇后选中你了
Our queen has chosen.
先生
Sir…
你的女伴 -好了
…your lady. – Right.
通常教堂礼拜的时间是6点到8点…
Regular services are held at the church at 6 and 8.
去死吧
Go to hell.
你这是在干什么? -我在跳舞
-What do you think you’re doing? -Dancing.
-我问你为什么选我? -不关你的事
-I said, why’d you pick me? -That’s none of your business.
可否说来听听?
Would you mind telling me?
对不起
I’m sorry.
该死
Goddamn it!
对不起 跳舞我不拿手
I’m sorry. I’m not much of a dancer.
别心浮气燥
Just try to keep calm.
-我从来踩不准步点 -最好别看下面
-I never been to a stepping-ken before. – It’s best not to look down.
愿意的话你可以揽紧点
You can hold me tighter if you like.
-好的 -好的
-All right? -Aye.
你为什么不和约翰尼跳舞?
So why didn’t you dance with Johnny?
因为…
Because…
…我不想要他
…I didn’t want him.
我不想这样
I’m not wanting this.
-等等 -怎么了?
-Wait. -What?
等等
Wait.
这个怎么解开?
How does this open?
绑上很费工夫的 我们要在此呆一整晚
It takes too long to lace back up. We’ll be here all night.
行了 我来解开它
Sure, all right, I’ll take it off.
我有过孩子 剖腹取出来了
There was a baby. They cut it out.
对不起
I’m sorry.
没关系
Oh, it’s fine.
你身上有伤疤吗?
Have you got any scars?
有几个吧
One or two.
这是什么?
What’s that, then?
那个?
That?
卡丁先生送我的礼物
It’s a gift from Mr. Cutting.
礼物?
A gift?
礼物
A gift.
是你的生日礼物?
Was it your birthday?
不是
No.
那你回赠他什么?
What you give him, then?
这个与你无关
The answer to that has nothing to do with you.
-别告诉我你生气了 -没有
-Don’t tell me you’re angry with me. -No.
我和你已经结束了
I’m through with you.
你比大多数男人说得都快
Well, you’re quicker than most fellows.
通常他们会等到事后才说
Generally, they wait till afterwards.
我对屠夫穿过的破鞋没兴趣
I ain’t interested in the Butcher’s leavings.
比尔说胆小鬼就别来了
Hey! Bill says keep clear of the pikers.
-15比1 大块头马龙 -阿姆斯特丹
-Fifteen to one, Bug-Eye Moran. -Amsterdam!
每个人都为屠夫打工
Everyone was working for the Butcher.
我们替他跑腿 帮他挣钱
We ran his errands, made his money…
拿点小钱还得说’多谢 先生’
…took a piece and said, “Thank you, sir.”
-先生们 这里要抄查 -包括特威德在内
-Gentlemen, it’s a raid! -Even Tweed.
-格斗结束了 -包括我在内
-The fight’s over. -Even me.
-好了 你这蠢货 -我父亲的儿子
-All right, you stupid… -My father’s son.
-怎么回事? -对不起 比尔
-What the hell is this? -Sorry, Bill.
城市里是禁止举♥行♥拳击的 我准许…
The city ordinance against boxiana’s a blight, I grant you, but some…
你在此滔滔不绝 我的银子也在滔滔流失 快出去把赌金收回来
I’m losing revenue while you speechify. Collect those bets!
先生 还没个结果我怎么去收?
How do I collect if no one won the fight?
此活动非法 你就凭这个作借口 明白吗?
This counts as a “no decision.” You got that covered, right?
难道我没打点警♥察♥局吗?
Didn’t anybody pay off the police?
我们打点的是市局来的是都会警♥察♥
We paid the Municipal Police. This is Metropolitan.
-我的损失你都得补偿 -特威德先生
-You’ll repay me every cent. -Mr. Tweed…
-没轮到你多嘴 -让他说
-Who asked for your opinion? – Let him speak!
他不是接你的话茬
He don’t answer to you.
法律规定城市里不允许拳击 对吧?
The law says there’s no boxing in the city, right?
-是的 在城市里 -那么 城市的边界在哪里?
-That’s right. In the city. -Well, where does the city end?
第75轮比赛的胜者
The winner, in the 75th round…
让我们感谢一个人 他以他的远见和谋略…
Allow me to acknowledge the man whose vision and enterprise made possible…
使高贵的拳击比赛能够
…the staging of this noble combat…
在一个激动人而又完全合法的环境下进行
…in these awe-inspiring and entirely legal surroundings:
在一个激动人心…
Mr. William Cutting!
以及他的年轻助理
And… And his young associate!
好的 你干得很好
That’s you, boy.
过来 到这来 过来 孩子
Come on, get in there. Come on, son.
你们做的非常好
You done very good. How do you like them apples?
我们干得漂亮 我们干得不错
We done good. We done all right.
-在此提请大家注意… -有一场精彩的展出
-While I have your attention… -It was a good show.
更多的奇观在我的博物馆等着你们
…may I remind you of the wonders that await you…
博物馆座落于百老汇
…at my muzeum located on Broadway!
P.T.巴南姆奇观展览
P.T. Barnum’s Gallery of Wonders!
-那是我的钱 -别碰我的钱包
-That’s my money! -Get your hands out of me pockets!
屁护在强者的羽翼之下的感觉好奇怪
It’s a funny feeling being took under the wing of a dragon.
比你想像的还温暖
It’s warmer than you think.
这里可以见证我们国家的建立 卡丁先生
That’s the building of our country right there, Mr. Cutting.
美国在成长
Americans aborning.
我没看到什么美国人 我只见到入侵者
I don’t see no Americans. I see trespassers.
黑人一角钱肯做的工作♥爱♥尔兰人五分钱就肯了
Irish harps will do a job for a nickel what a nigger does for a dime…
而原来白人可以拿到两角五的
…and a white man used to get a quarter for.
他们作了什么?说一件他们的贡献
What have they done? Name one thing they’ve contributed.
-投票 -你会说投票吧?
-Votes. -Votes, you say?
他们的大主教说选谁他们就选谁 那么是谁告诉大主教的呢?
They vote how the archbishop tells them. And who tells him?
戴着尖帽远在天边的罗马教皇
Their king in the pointy hat what sits on his throne in Rome.
比尔对爱尔兰人有种复杂的感情
Bill’s got mixed feelings as regards the Irish.
如果在参与选举时把票都投给坦慕尼的话
Deliver these good and fervent folk to the polls on a regular basis…
能够带来数量相当可观的选票
…and there’ll be a handsome price for each vote goes Tammany’s way.
我父亲为这个国家的今天而献出生命
My father gave his life making this country what it is.
他于公元1814年7月25日被英国人杀害
Murdered by the British with all his men on the 25th of July, anno Domini 1814.
你认为我会帮你违背他的遗愿…
You think I’m gonna help you befoul his legacy…
把国家交给从未为此奋斗过的人手上吗?
…by giving this country over to them what’s had no hand in fighting for it?
为什么?只因为他们远道而来 满身虱虫 向你乞讨吗?
Why? Because they come off a boat, crawling with lice and begging for soup?
你是一位伟大的斗士 我知道 可你永远不能再动用武力了
You’re a great one for the fighting, I know, but you can’t fight forever.
-我可以到南边去战斗 -你会的
-I can go down doing it. -And you will.
你说什么?
What did you say?
我说你在逃避未来
I said, you’re turning your back on the future.
不是我们的未来
Not our future.
那份文件使你成为美国公民 这份使你成为联盟军的士兵
That document makes you a citizen. This makes you a private in the Union Army.
为你的国家战斗去吧
Now go fight for your country.
下一位
Next.
在这签字 或者按手印
Sign here, son. Or make your mark.
你现在是军人了 一日管三餐
You’re in the Army now. Three square meals a day.
先领制♥服♥ 再领武器
Uniforms first, then weapons.
-我已经两天没吃东西了 -继续走
-I haven’t eaten in two days. -Keep moving, men.
这是你的枪 小心在船上别弄湿了
There’s your musket. Keep it dry on the boat.
-子弹也一样 -我们要去哪?
-Same for this cartridge case. -Where are we going?
-听说是田纳西 -那是哪里?
-I heard Tennessee. – Where’s that?
你看他们会不会马上给饭吃?
Do they feed us now, do you think?
孩子们 孩子们
My children! My children!
我们之间的分歧必须调和
We must heal the divisions between us.
战争必须结束
This war must cease.
南北方应该统一(五点区教会上演’汤姆叔叔的小屋’)
North and South must stand united!
你是个骗子 垃圾
You’re a liar! Rubbish!
-戏完了会怎么样? -戏完了大家就一起起哄
-What happens at the finish, then? -Then we have ourselves a rowdy-dow.
-你从来没看过戏吗? -没有
-Ain’t you been to the theater before? -No.