If you have fears…
我将使你不再畏惧
…I want to put them at rest.
恳求我的朋友体谅我
Begging the understanding of my friends…
我要求潘迪尼鲁下台
…I am asking Panditji to stand down.
由你担任印度第一总理
I want you to be the first prime minister of India…
你可以指定所有内阁人选
…to name your entire cabinet…
可以任命回♥教♥徒 担任各政♥府♥部门的首长
…to make the head of every government department a Muslim.
我和其他人…
For me and the rest…
如果这是你所愿的
…if that is what you want…
我和其他人都愿意遵从
…we will accept it.
可是外面
But out there…
已经开始发生暴♥动♥
…already there is rioting…
因为印度教♥徒♥担心 你会太过让步
…because Hindus fear you are going to give too much away.
你这么做
If you did this…
没人能控制得了
…no one would control it.
没有人
No one.
由你决定
It is your choice.
你要独♥立♥的印度 和独♥立♥的巴基斯坦
Do you want an independent India and an independent Pakistan…
还是要内战
…or do you want civil war?
吉纳…
Jinnah! Jinnah!
你在诺亚克哈里的成功 是个奇迹
What you did in Noakhali, Bapu, was a miracle.
是个奇迹
Miracle.
可是上百万人都加入内战
But millions are on the move…
死伤不计其数
…and no one can count the dead.
加尔各答有如内战
In Calcutta, it’s like civil war.
回♥教♥徒起而暴♥动♥ 血洗印度教♥徒♥
The Muslims rose and there was a bloodbath.
现在印度教♥徒♥起而复仇
Now the Hindus are taking revenge.
如果不阻止
If we can’t stop it…
巴基斯坦的 印度教♥徒♥会全被杀光的
…there’ll be no hope for the Hindus left in Pakistan.
以眼还眼 使整个世界都盲目了
An eye for an eye, making the whole world blind.
没有军队可以派了吗
Aren’t there any troops to spare?
没有了
Nothing.
没有了
Nothing.
孟买♥♥和新德里 连当地的和平都维持不了
The divisions in Bombay and Delhi can hardly keep the peace now.
而且一有新消息 双方就又疯狂的彼此攻打起来
And each fresh bit of news creates another wave of madness.
可以封锁所有的新闻
We could cut all news off.
巴布 请你…你要去哪里
Bapu, please, where are you going?
我不要听了
I don’t want to hear more.
我们需要你的帮助
We need your help.
我什么也帮不上
There is nothing I can give.
你要去哪里
Where are you going?
加尔各答
Calcutta.
如果我避免死亡或者怕死的话 也就不会来这里了
If I had shunned death or feared it, I would not be here now…
你不必为我担心
…nor would you be concerned for me.
但是先生
But, sir, please.
我无法派人保护你
I don’t have the men to protect you…
你住回♥教♥徒家 在这区不行
…not in a Muslim house, not this quarter.
我住在一个朋友的朋友家里
I’m staying with the friend of a friend and…
杀死回♥教♥徒…
Death to Muslims! Death to Muslims!
你为什么住在回♥教♥徒家里
Why are you staying at the home of a Muslim?
他们是凶手
They are murderers!
他们杀了我的家人
They killed my family!
滚出加尔各答 甘地
Get out of Calcutta, Gandhi!
杀死回♥教♥徒…
Death to Muslims! Death to Muslims!
总理
Prime Minister.
为什么我要看报纸 才能知道这件事
Why must I read news like this in the paper?
通知彼帖安排飞机
Inform Sardar Patel. Arrange a plane.
我们星期五去
We will go Friday.
四天后 长官
Four days, sir?
彼帖 你胖了
Sardar, you have gained weight.
和我一起绝食
You must join me in the fast.
如果我绝食就会死
If I fast, I die.
你绝食人们会费尽一切力量
If you fast, people go to all sorts of trouble…
让你不死
…to keep you alive.
巴布 原谅我 我欺骗了你
Bapu, forgive me, I’ve cheated.
我原本可以早点来的
I could have come earlier…
可是你绝食有所帮助
…but your fast has helped.
这几天人们转而关心你
These last days, people’s minds have begun to turn to this bed…
而不再互相攻击了
…and away from the atrocities.
可是现在
But now…
够了
…it is enough.
唯一发生的就是我瘦了一点
All that has happened is that I’ve grown a little thinner.
明天五千个回♥教♥徒学生
Tomorrow, 5,000 Muslim students…
是各年龄层
…of all ages…
将在加尔各答为和平游♥行♥
…are marching here, in Calcutta, for peace.
有五千个印度教♥徒♥学生 也会和他们一起游♥行♥
And 5,000 Hindu students are marching with them.
我很高兴
I’m glad.
可是还是不够
But it will not be enough.
你不再年轻了
You are not so young anymore.
别担心我
Don’t worry for me.
我不能眼睁睁的看 我一生的奋斗付诸流水
I cannot watch the destruction of all that I’ve lived for.
杀死甘地!
Death to Gandhi!
谁敢说这种话?
Who dares say such things?
是谁?
Who?
你得先杀了我
You kill me first!
来呀!
Come!
你在哪里
Where are you?
先把我杀了
Kill me first!
你在哪里?
Where are you?
他的脉搏很不规则 肾脏已经失去功能了
His pulse is very irregular. The kidneys aren’t functioning.
我带舒拉瓦地先生来
I have brought Mr. Suhrawardy.
是他号♥召回♥教♥徒起而暴♥动♥
It was he who called on the Muslims to rise.
现在他叫他们
He is now telling them…
放下武器
…to go back to their homes…
回家去
…to lay down their arms.
想想你活着能做些什么
Think what you can do by living…
如果死了就什么也不能做
…that you cannot do by dying.
你还要什么?
What do you want?
战斗停止
That the fighting will stop.
让我相信
That you make me believe…
再也不会发生这种事
…that it will never start again.
有时
Sometimes…
在绝望中
…it is when you are quite without hope…
完全不知所从
…and in utter darkness…
神会来拯救你们
…that God comes to the rescue.
甘地
Gandhiji…
因为我们的疯狂
…is dying…
要死了
…because of our madness.
别再报复了
Put away your revenge.
再多的杀戮有什么用
What good will come of more killing?
提起勇气
Have the courage to do…
做你知道是正确的事
…what you know is right.
看在老天的份上
For God’s sake…
让我们拥抱吧
…let us embrace…
像兄弟般似的
…like brothers.
我们保证
It’s our promise.
我们不打了
We stop.
印度剑
Hindu swords.
这就是保证
It’s a promise.
走吧
Go.
神保佑你
God be with you.
吃吧
Here, eat!
吃吧
Eat!
我快下地狱了
I’m going to hell…
可是不想担负杀你的罪名
…but not with your death on my soul.
只有神能决定谁该下地狱
Only God decides who goes to hell.
我杀了一个小孩
I killed a child.
我抓住他的头往墙上撞碎了
I smashed his head against a wall.
为什么
Why?
他们杀了我的儿子
They killed my son.
我的孩子