Not with violence that will inflame their will…
而是以坚定的态度 才能使其张开双眼
…but with a firmness that will open their eyes.
制♥造♥衣服的英国工厂
English factories make the cloth…
使我们贫穷
…that makes our poverty.
要让英国人明白
All those who wish to make the English see…
把英国制衣服交给我
…bring me the cloth from Manchester and Leeds that you wear today…
让我们烧了它们 让新德里
…and we will light a fire that will be seen in Delhi…
和伦敦都能看到这个光芒
…and in London.
如果
And if…
像我一样
…like me…
你们只剩一件手织衣物可穿
…you are left with only one piece of homespun…
那就神气的穿着它
…wear it with dignity.
非常谢谢
Thank you very much.
不 谢谢你 我来拿
No, thank you, I can manage.
贺曼 别扰我的兴了
Don’t destroy my good intentions.
我坐二等舱已经很内疚了
I’m already feeling guilty about traveling second class.
这些小享受是你用努力赚来的
You’ve earned a few indulgences.
但 莫拉纳比我更坚强
Perhaps, but Maulana’s made of sterner stuff.
我们的火车在孟买♥♥相遇
Our trains met in Bombay.
我看到他坐在后面 真是个模范门徒
And there he is, back there in that lot. The model disciple.
还有另一个乘客
There’s another passenger.
伦敦来的丝蕾蒂小姐 她和甘地通信了好几年
A Miss Slade from London. She’s been writing to Gandhiji for years.
她是英国海军上将的女儿
She’s the daughter of an English admiral.
一个英国海军上将的女儿
What do you think the daughter of an English admiral…
去我们的阿思朗做什么
…proposes to do in our ashram?
把我们弄沉吗
Sink us?
看她有那么多行李 很像
From the looks of the luggage, yes.
她想和我们同居共事
She wants to make her home with us.
甘地答应了
And Gandhiji has agreed.
丝蕾蒂小姐
Miss Slade!
你一定是可朗北先生
You’d be Mr. Kallenbach.
你是丝蕾蒂小姐吗
And you would be Miss Slade?
我喜欢甘地大♥师♥ 帮我取的名字
I prefer the name Gandhiji has given me:
米乐曼
Mirabehn.
别拉这么快
Don’t pull it so fast.
又会弄断的
You’ll break it again.
别弄了
Leave it.
上帝给你十根大姆指
God gave you ten thumbs.
十一根
Eleven.
沙达
Sardar!
米乐曼
Mirabehn!
别这样…
Come, come.
你以后就是我的女儿了
You will be my daughter.
但是…
But then…
有些暴♥动♥
…some rioting broke out…
是教派之间的
…between Hindus and Muslims.
又粗暴 又可怕
Violent, terrible.
是否有人蓄意煽动
Whether it was provoked…
我不知道
…I don’t know.
可是英方有藉口 在孟加拉实施戒♥严♥了
But it gave them an excuse to impose martial law throughout Bengal.
军队的一些作为…
Some of the things the military have done…
不合作运动减弱了吗
Is the campaign weakening?
游♥行♥和抗♥议♥都空前的盛大
The marches and protests are bigger, if anything.
可是出版物检查严格
But with the censorship here…
英国那边
…they know more in England…
都比我们知道的多
…than we do.
单独受苦之念
It saps the courage…
削弱勇气
…to think you may be suffering alone.
我们不孤单
They are not alone.
戒♥严♥就是证明 英方在做困兽之斗
And martial law only shows how desperate the British are.
是手织布吗
Is that homespun?
我叫人由这里带去
I sent for it from here.
我自己染的颜色
I dyed it myself.
英国的劳动者 对我们的运动有什么想法
What do the workers in England make of what we’re doing?
一定使他们很辛苦
It must have produced hardship.
是的
It has…
可是你一定很訝异 他们了解 真的了解
…but you’d be surprised. They really do understand.
很好
Good.
芭也会教你织布
Ba will have to teach you to spin too.
我宁愿去游♥行♥ – 先学织布
I’d rather march. – First, spin!
让别人去游♥行♥一下
Let the others march for a time.
我会把我们的傻玩意教给你
I’ll teach you all our foolishness.
你也要教我你们的东西
And you must teach me yours.
我们烧掉英国衣服…
We burn British cloth! We burn British cloth!
甘地万岁…
Long live Gandhiji! Long live Gandhiji!
英国滚蛋…
British rule must go! British rule must go!
我要把这个塞进你的喉咙
I’ll stuff it down your damn throat!
救命…
Help us!
别这样 我们又没有伤害你
Leave us alone! We’re not harming you.
走吧…
Go on your way!
回来!
Come back!
救命…
Help us!
他们可没禁止这则新闻
That’s one bit of news they haven’t censored.
全世界都知道
Now it’s all over the world.
印度的”非暴♥力♥”
India’s nonviolence.
我们该怎么办
What can we do?
我们必须停止这个运动
We must end the campaign.
英军屠♥杀♥我们 如此也只算以眼还眼
After what they did at the massacre? It’s only an eye for an eye.
以眼还眼 只会使整个世界都盲目
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
可是你可知道我们所做的牺牲
Do you know the sacrifices people have made?
我们再也无法重获支持
We would never get the same commitment again, ever.
全印度都投入这个运动
The whole of India is on the move!
是的 可是是以哪种方向
Yes, but in what direction?
如果我们用谋杀流血 来得到自♥由♥ 我宁可不要
If we obtain our freedom by murder and bloodshed, I want no part of it.
你是印度的国父
You are the father of the nation.
今天这个称呼 只会让我觉得羞愧
Today, I see no ground in that for anything but shame.
只是一次意外
It was one incident.
去告诉那些死难警♥察♥的家人
Tell that to the families of the policemen who died.
全国都在游♥行♥
The whole nation is marching.
即使叫他们停也不会停的
They wouldn’t stop even if we asked them to.
我来求他们
I will ask.
而且我要绝食 以忏悔自己挑动此情绪
And I will fast as a penance for my part in arousing such emotions.
他们停止我才停止绝食
And I will not stop until they stop.
可是…
But…
天啊 英方一定 不会禁止刊登这个消息
God! You can be sure the British won’t censor that.
大街小巷到处宣传
They’ll put it on every street corner.
人们既然已经起而投入
People are aroused.
他们就不会停的
They won’t stop!
如果我死了 或许他们就会停止
If I die, perhaps they will stop.
我得去准备晨祷了
I must get ready for morning prayers.
米乐曼来了
Mirabehn is here.
我拿了些开水来
I’ve brought your drinking water.
只是加了一点柠檬汁
There’s a little lemon juice in it.
就这样
That’s all.
贺曼去见尼鲁了
Herman has gone to meet Pandit Nehru.
有电报来说
There was a telegram.
几乎全部停止了
Almost everywhere, it has stopped.
全部停止时
When it is everywhere…
神才算听到我的祷告
…then my prayers will be answered.
你觉得我很顽固
Do you find me stubborn?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我知道你是对的
I know that you are right.
却不知道这样做对吗
I don’t know that this is right.
我帮你翻身好吗
May I turn you?
当我绝望时
When I despair…
会想起在历史上
…I remember that all through history…
只有真理和爱能得胜
…the way of truth and love has always won.
历史上有很多暴君和凶手
There have been tyrants and murderers…
在短期内或许是所向无敌的
…and, for a time, they can seem invincible.
但是终就总是会失败
But in the end, they always fall.
好好想一想