你在阿♥拉♥斯加敢于质疑共和党当权派
And I’m very impressed with how you’ve bucked
这点很了不起
the Republican establishment in Alaska.
在阿♥拉♥斯加人们认为我也很独♥立♥
Well, I am wired to be kind of independent there also.
我觉得如果要真正代表人♥民♥
And I thought if I’m gonna truly run the state
治理阿♥拉♥斯加 那我就得
on behalf of the people, I’m gonna have to do it
摆脱传统政党的束缚
without that good ole boy network.
你否决了斯蒂夫的绝路桥计划 我很欣赏
I love the way you squashed Stevens’ “bridge to nowhere”.
我支持阿♥拉♥斯加发展经济
Yeah. I am pro-growth
支持基础设施建设
and pro-infrastructure for Alaska,
但不能以花纳税人的钱为代价
but not at the expense of the American taxpayer.
我在国会上讲过 我们需要建桥
I told congress if we wanted a bridge,
但我们会靠自己
we’d build it ourselves.
我们俩很像
You remind me of myself.
我们都是改革派
We’re both reformers who are not afraid
不怕批评自己党里的一些东西
to thumb our nose at our own party.
参议员 你是美国英雄
Senator, you’re an American hero.
我只是阿♥拉♥斯加的萨拉
I’m just Sarah from Alaska.
你们觉得怎样
What do you guys think?
我知道像提姆·保兰迪这样的人
I know a guy like Tim Pawlenty
你们不会觉得
isn’t exactly the game-changing pick
他是改变规则的人
you all seem to think we need,
但他年轻 精力充沛
but he’s young, he’s energetic.
而且是坚定的保守派
He has solid conservative credentials.
有了保兰迪 基础选民会很高兴
With Pawlenty, we make the base happy.
我们也会很清楚能得到什么
And we know what the hell we’re getting.
保兰迪做好了当副总统的准备
Pawlenty’s ready to be president.
斯蒂夫 你觉得呢
Steve?
佩林还有很多不确定性
Well, there are unknowns with Palin,
当然 可能导致不好的结果
and certainly it could go bad.
但我要是你
But if it were me,
我宁愿冒输掉十个百分点的风险赌一把
I’d rather lose by 10 points
也不愿意因为落后一个点输掉
going for the win than lose by one point
然后回过头来说 该死
and look back and say, “God damn,”
我们应该拼死一搏的
we should have gone for the win.”
我们的口号♥是 国家优先
Our slogan’s “Country first.”
利伯曼和保兰迪是体现这一口号♥的最佳选择
Lieberman and Pawlenty are country-first choices.
而人们会认为萨拉·佩林
Sarah Palin will be perceived
是我们谋私利的政♥治♥策略
as a self-serving political maneuver.
约翰 你可能不只输掉选举
You may not only lose the election, John.
还可能因此而坏了名声
You just might lose your reputation right along with it.
我不是为了维护名声参加竞选
I’m not running for my reputation.
我是为了做总统
I’m running to be president.
明白
Yes, sir.
有件事很重要
It is absolutely crucial
不能让任何人知道他的搭档是你
that not a single person know you’re the pick.
你的突然出现能够阻止
Surprise of your announcement will stop any momentum
奥巴马通过大会演讲得到更多支持
Obama might get from his convention speech.
很英明
That’s smart.
你好像一点都不受这事影响
You seem totally unfazed by all this.
都是上帝的安排
It’s God’s plan.
这次选举关键不在我
This election has never been about me.
关键在你们
It’s about you.
你们很清楚 这次选举
You understand that in this election
我们能承担的最大风险是
the greatest risk we can take
和一群一成不变的老手
is to try the same old politics
进行一场一成不变的政♥治♥游戏
with the same old players
却期待不一样的结果
and expect a different result.
俄亥俄州代顿市
8月29日
改变会出现
Change happens.
改变会出现 因为美国人需要改变
Change happens because the American people demand it…
因为人♥民♥要求在新的时代要有新的想法
Because they rise up and insist on new ideas and new leadership
新的领导 新的政♥治♥
and new politics for a new time.
马上就见到我们的候选人了
You’re about to meet our nominee.
你们是第七个和第八个知道这件事的人
You are the seventh and eighth person to know about this.
我是斯蒂夫
It’s Steve.
请进
Come in.
因为我看见过…
Because I’ve seen it…
你们好 请进
Hi. Come on in.
我正在看奥巴马老一套花哨的演讲
I’m just watching Obama’s big, fancy speech again.
州长 这是马修·斯库里
Governor, this is Matthew Scully.
-他是你主要的讲稿撰写人 -幸会
– He’ll be your main speechwriter. – Nice to meet you.
这是妮可·华♥莱♥士♥
And this is Nicolle Wallace,
前任白宫新闻主任
former White House communications director.
你好
Hi. How are you?
这是阿♥拉♥斯加州长萨拉·佩林
And this is Governor Sarah Palin from Alaska.
久仰 恭喜你 州长
Yes, of course. Congratulations, Governor.
幸会幸会
It’s a real honor to meet you.
欢迎你们加入
Great to have you on board.
过来 看看这个
Hey, come here. Look it. Look at this.
以前都不知道对手居然是希腊的神
I didn’t know we were running against a Greek God.
他们真的很喜欢他
They sure do love him.
他们会更喜欢你
They’re gonna love you more.
美国 我们不能走回头路
America, we cannot turn back.
莱特州立大学
俄亥俄州代顿市
8月29日
州长 你是美国副总统的候选人了
Governor, you are the nominee for the vice president of the United States.
不用再自己提包了
You will no longer be carrying your own bags.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
永远别再叫我先生
And never call me “Sir.”
你可以叫我斯蒂夫 施密特
You can call me Steve, schmidty,
光头 小白 白♥痴♥ 什么都可以
Kojak, potsie, shithead– anything you want.
我会叫你州长 或者女士
I will call you governor or ma’am.
我不骂人 所以我叫你小白吧
Well, I don’t curse, so I’m gonna have to call you potsie.
很好 女士
Very good, ma’am.
这些人是特情局特工
These gentlemen are secret service agents.
他们护送你到台上
They will take you into the arena.
如果一切顺利的话
And if everything goes according to plan,
你的余生都会有他们保护
they will be with you the rest of your life.
你推开车门的瞬间
Everything’s gonna change
一切都会改变
the moment you walk out that door.
准备好了吗 州长
Are you ready, Governor?
准备好了
I’m ready.
深呼吸
Breathe.
欢迎您 州长
Welcome, Governor.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你们热情的欢迎
Thank you for that wonderful welcome.
很高兴今天能和你们一起过生日
I’m very happy today to spend my birthday with you
在代顿这个由努力 诚实的人建起的城市
and to make a historic announcement in Dayton…
我很高兴宣告一个历史性的时刻
…a city built on hard, honest work of good people.
接下来我介绍的人
The person I’m about to introduce to you
在高中曾是名出色的控球后卫
was a stand-out High School point guard,
一个关心他人的亲子会成员
a concerned citizen who became a member of the p.T.A.,
后来成为参议会议会
then a city council member…
-上帝保佑 -后来成了市长
– Say a prayer. – Then a mayor,
-现在是州长 -上帝保佑
– and now a governor. – Say a prayer.
-上帝保佑 -上帝保佑
– Say a prayer. – Say a prayer.
…庆祝女性参政
…To celebrate the anniversary of women’s suffrage,
忠诚的妻子 五个孩子的母亲
a devoted wife and a mother of five.
朋友们 美国同胞们
My friends and fellow Americans,
我很荣幸地
I am very pleased
向你们介绍美国下一任
to introduce to you the next Vice President
副总统
of the United States,
阿♥拉♥斯加州长萨拉·佩林
Governor Sarah Palin of the great state of Alaska!
享受这一切
Just have fun.
这次首秀棒极了 斯蒂夫
This is a fantastic rollout, Steve.
很难想象你们保密做得这么好
I can’t believe you were able to keep it a secret.
为此我没收了她孩子们的手♥机♥
I had to confiscate her kids’ cell phones.
不用着急
No hurry.
-谢谢 -加油 萨拉
-Thank you. – All the way, Sarah!
谢谢你 麦凯恩参议员
And I thank you, Senator McCain,
谢谢你这么信任我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!