我会一再强调
FROST. Well, I shall say so again and again.
现在向大家说明 我并不认为
But I should say right now that I’m not expecting
他会持强硬态度
his approach to be to stonewall.
我更希望他能够直言不讳 毫无保留
I’m hoping that it’ll be that of a cascade of candor.
“毫无保留”?
REPORTER 1. “A cascade of candor”?
理查德·尼克松?
From Richard Nixon?
你认为这可能吗
You think that’s what you’ll get?
不 我只是觉得 你们可能会喜欢我这么说
No, I just thought it was a phrase that might appeal to you.
那么关于钱的方面…
REPORTER 1. So what about the money?
他是个怪胎
That’s a strange fellow.
知道吗 他一开始是做谐星的
Started life as a comic, you know.
-是吗 -嗯
NIXON: Is that so? Mmm-hmm.
差点和戴安·卡罗尔结婚
Almost married Diahann Carroll.
谁?
Who?
唱歌♥的
GANNON: The singer.
她不是个黑人吗
Isn’t she black?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我们为做准备
Right here in the Frost file, which we put together
对福斯特进行的调查文件里提及了
as part of our general preparations.
好吧 继续干活吧
Okay. Let’s get back to work.
那是真实的 这是虚构的
FROST. That’s fact, this is fiction.
现在是”水晶鞋与玫瑰花”时间
So now it’s about The Slipper and the Rose.
是一部很棒的电影
It’s a cracker of a movie.
希望大家都能来看 而且…
I hope you’ll all come and see it, and…
采访日 1977年3月23日
(ELEVATOR BELL DINGS)
我不该喝那杯咖啡
I shouldn’t have ordered that coffee.
别再喝就行了
Just don’t drink any more.
(INAUDIBLE)
-祝你好运 -谢谢
Good luck. Thank you.
我会想着你的
I’ll be thinking of you.
迪克 等一下
Dick. Wait.
特别说一下 我会从约翰的主意开始
FROST: For the record, I’m gonna be starting with John’s idea.
“为什么没烧了那些带子?”
“Why didn’t you burn the tapes?”
-不是吧 -死了
No. Fuck.
求你 天啊 不要! 不能那么做
Please, God, no! You can’t.
戴维 你不能那么做 会毁了整件事的
David, you can’t do that. It would be a disaster.
那会使水门的部分 比对方同意的早很多出现
It would get us into Watergate way ahead of the agreed time.
如果不去遵守
What is the point of having contractually set
合约上特定的时间和主题
specific times to deal with certain subjects
那要合约何用?
if you’re just going to ignore it right off the bat?
这是战争不是吗 要见点血了
‘Cause it’s war, isn’t it? Gloves off.
我喜欢 这很有胆识
I like it. It’s ballsy.
战略上会使我们先发制人
Strategically, it’ll give us the upper hand.
太冒险了!
It’s insanely risky.
他要是直接离开 不录了
He could walk right off the set,
你也没办法阻止他
and there’s nothing we could do about it.
还有更糟的 他可以告你!
Worse, he could sue you!
我们由于海岸线上的电波干扰
We were sadly unable to do the taping at Casa Pacifica
没有办法在酒店进行访谈
because of the Coast Guard radio interference,
我们去了间不起眼的平房♥
so we ended up at the rather more modest Smith house,
是一个当地叫史密斯的共和党商人提供的
which was owned by a local Republican businessman.
(REPORTERS CLAMORING)
看这边!
PHOTOGRAPHER: Right here!
福斯特先生 看这里
Mr. Frost, look over here.
这边 先生!
Over here, sir!
-来了 -退到路牙上
Here we go. OFFICER: Back up behind the curb.
请回答几个问题
REPORTER 1: A few questions, please.
看这边 福斯特先生
PHOTOGRAPHER: Right here, Mr. Frost.
戴维! 戴维! 戴维!
REPORTER 2: David! David! David!
(ALL CLAMORING)
大家好啊
FROST: Well, hello there.
(SIREN BLARING)
失陪一下
Excuse me, fellas.
尼克松 你的双手沾满鲜血!
MAN: Nixon, there’s blood on your hands!
骗子!
WOMAN: Liar!
总统到了!
MAN: Here comes the President!
总统先生!
REPORTER 1: Mr. President!
总统先生!
REPORTER 2: Mr. President!
你现在有什么想法 总统先生?
REPORTER 3: How are you feeling, Mr. President?
(REPORTERS CLAMORING)
史密斯一家希望 家具被放回原地
The Smith family requested that the furniture be put back in place.
他们也跟你说了?
They talked to you about that, too?
他们跟所有人都说了
They’re bugging everybody.
你知道吗 我写了四本关于他的书
RESTON: You know, I’ve written four books about him,
但这是我第一次见到真人
but this is the first time I’ve actually seen him in the flesh.
他比我想得要高 皮肤更黑
He’s taller than I imagined, and tanned.
他至少应该落魄一点
The least he could do is look ravaged.
你要握他的手吗
You gonna shake his hand?
我要握…
Am I gonna shake…
你开玩笑呢吧
Are you kidding me?
在那个浑人把国家搞成这样之后?
After everything that prick’s done to this country?
我怎么会跟他握手
I’m not gonna shake his hand.
先生们
Gentlemen.
请允许我向您介绍 鲍勃·泽宁克 我的执行编辑
May I present Bob Zelnick, my executive editor?
你好
How do you do?
见到您很荣幸 总统先生
Pleasure, Mr. President.
还有吉姆·李斯顿 我的调查员之一
FROST: And Jim Reston, one of my researchers.
很高兴见到你 李斯顿先生
Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Reston.
总统先生
Mr. President.
打扰一下 先生? 在这边为您准备了一间房♥
Excuse me, sir? Got a room for you right here.
哇 那可真是打击人 让人难堪啊
Wow. That was devastating, withering.
我说 我觉得他是没法恢复过来了
I mean, I don’t think he’s ever gonna get over that.
没错 滚一边去
Yeah, fuck off.
(CHUCKLES)
我安排你们几位去后边
I got you guys set up back here.
这是你们的休息室
Now this is your green room.
大监视器上会有总统的图像
And the President will be on the large monitor.
后勤人员在那边
Craft services is that way.
保持这个温度 好吗?
Keep it about that temperature, okay?
总统先生?
Mr. President?
怎么
Yeah.
开始之前 我只想说
Before we start, I just want to say
尼克松夫人康复了 我们都很高兴
how delighted we all are by Mrs. Nixon’s recovery.
哦 谢谢你 那倒是
Well, thank you. It’s true.
她现在已经好多了
She’s much better now.
她正着手回复所有的问候卡
She’s just getting round to the business of replying to all the cards.
还有 在我们看来
And from our point of view, well,
我只想说很高兴
I’d just like to say how pleased we are
你能一切成为现实
that you got this all together.
谢谢你
Thank you.
据我所知这些颇为不易
As I understand it, it’s been quite a struggle.
这个嘛…
Well…
花了多少钱?
How much has it cost?
哦 介意我问一下吗? 嘿 说吧
You mind me asking? Hey, come on.
说吧 私下说说
Come on, it’s just between us.
好吧 两百万
Very well. Two million.
两百万? 老天 没想到我们在摄制”宾虚” (32届奥斯卡最佳影片,耗资巨大)
Two million? Jeez. I didn’t realize we were making Ben-Hur.
(LAUGHS UNCOMFORTABLY)
告诉我
But tell me something.
钱你都凑齐了吗?
You raised it all now?
(HESITATES)
还没有 但也快了
Not quite. But we’re getting there.
大家都很和气 钱却迟迟没拿来
Everyone’s been kind and deferred fees.
这个 也不是每个人嘛
Well, not quite everyone.
戴维 我将和你一起调度镜头
David, I’m gonna go in with you on camera.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
如果可以 我想放块手帕在这儿
I want to put a handkerchief here, if I may.
会不会出现在镜头里?
Is that out of shot?
没关系的 总统先生
That’s fine, Mr. President.
我想 在合约上咱们
Contractually, I think that we made
达成一致 你每问一个问题
an agreement that after each question
回答之前 我都可以擦擦上唇
I might dab my upper lip before answering it.
剪辑之后 一点也看不出来 对吧
Which you won’t show, you know, when you cut it together.
你大概也知道 我一贯有出汗的毛病
You’re probably aware of my history with perspiration.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!