Why?
我觉得比闲着有意思
I find it more interesting than keeping still.
你知道吗 你的眼神很悲伤
You know, you have very sad eyes.
-是吗 -对
Do I? Mmm.
没有人告诉过你么
Has anyone told you that before?
没有
No.
你是不是个忧郁的人?
Are you a sad person?
我们还是谈谈你吧
Let’s talk about you a little bit.
当然了 我忘了你更习惯提问
Of course, you feel more comfortable asking questions.
你说得真对!
How right you are!
我是本次航♥班♥的机长
This is your captain speaking.
我们正在准备降落
You may have noticed we’ve begun
即将抵达洛杉矶机场
our final descent into Los Angeles.
请回到座位 系上安全带
If you could please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts,
飞机即将降落 感谢合作
we’ll be landing very shortly. Thank you.
那你呢 你要去哪里
CAROLINE: So how about you? Where are you going?
去见理查德·尼克松
To meet Richard Nixon.
真的吗
Really?
他们说他的头很大
You know, they say he has the most enormous head,
但声音很性感
but the sexiest voice.
他现在在哪里
Where is he now?
是不是躲在一个地缝中 舔着自己的伤口?
In some dark underground cave licking his wounds?
不 实际上他住在加利福尼亚
Actually, no. In his rather smart beachside villa
他的私人海滩别♥墅♥里
in California.
是吗 理查德·尼克松住海滩别♥墅♥?
Really? Richard Nixon in a beachside villa?
太不搭了
How incongruous.
你愿意也可以来
You can come if you’d like.
去见尼克松?
To meet Nixon?
为什么不呢?
Why not?
你说真的吗
Are you sure?
我很乐意
You know, I would love that.
机组人员请准备降落
PILO T. Cabin crew, please prepare for arrival.
我会叫办公室的人明天一早打给你
Well, I’ll get my office to call you first thing in the morning
会有车来接你 车里有电♥话♥
and send a car with a phone.
噢
Oh.
他真的那么做了 钱不是问题
He did, too. Money no object.
一切都梦幻般金光闪闪
Everything glittered and was golden.
至少是外面看来如此
Well, on the outside.
当然 我当时并不知道
Of course, what I didn’t know was that in the meantime,
同时他正穿梭于各大电视台
he’d gone to all the major networks
希望能找到对访谈感兴趣的人
to try and get interest in the interviews.
我很抱歉 戴维 但这里的政策是
I’m sorry, David, but we have a policy
不购买♥♥新闻访谈节目
of not paying for a news interview.
听着 我们很喜欢你主持的娱乐节目
Look, we love your work as an entertainer.
上次那个吉尼斯记录专集?
That Guinness show?
太好看了 你是个有喜剧效果的人
Love it. You’re a funny guy.
但是主持像这样的专访?
But an interview like this?
你是说让我们负责出钱 让一个英国的脱口秀主持人
You’re asking us to pay a British talk show host
去采访一个美国总统
to interview an American president
而且没有任何剪辑权?
with absolutely no editorial controls whatsoever in return?
你得承认这是一个全新的角度
Well, you can’t say it’s not a fresh approach.
我知道你很忙
I know you’re very busy.
就不占用你的时间了
I’m not gonna keep you from it.
感谢你能来
Thank you for coming in.
我会再联♥系♥你的
I’m gonna have to get back to you.
好吧 谢谢你抽时间见我
Okay, thank you so much for your time.
戴维 祝你好运
David, good luck.
他没跟任何人说
He never let on to anyone at the time,
即使是跟我 因为那会意味着…
not even me. You know, that would have meant…
谢谢
Thanks.
…承认失败 而戴维从不失败
…admitting failure, and David doesn’t do failure.
请下车
FROST: There you are.
什么都不用你亲自动手
See, you don’t have to do a thing yourself.
(INDISTINCT)
来了?
Well.
这里还容易找吧
You found it okay.
是的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
很高兴见到你 福斯特先生
Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Frost.
我也是 先生
And you, sir.
请允许我向您介绍 这位是卡罗琳·库欣小姐
May I present Caroline Cushing?
库欣小姐你好
Miss Cushing.
您好 您的别♥墅♥很美
Hello. Your house is very beautiful.
非常浪漫
Really. Very romantic.
是吗 谢谢
Well, thank you.
还有我的制♥作♥人 约翰·伯特
And my producer, John Birt.
-很高兴见到你 -你好吗
Nice to meet you. How do you do?
这位是拉扎尔先生 和杰克·布鲁南
This is Mr. Lazar, and this is Jack Brennan.
库欣小姐 你要不要来里面参观一下
Now, Miss Cushing, would you like to take a tour,
坐了这么久的车 活动一下走一走
you know, maybe stretch your legs after your long journey?
那太好了 谢谢
Yes, please. I’d love that. Thank you.
请进 这是我的办公室
Come on in. This is my office.
这里就是我和勃列日涅夫开峰会的地方
Now, this is where Brezhnev and I had our summit.
当时勃列日涅夫坐那边 葛罗米柯坐那里 多布莱宁坐那里
Yeah. Brezhnev was there, and Gromyko there, Dobrynin there.
我们谈了9个小时没有停过
We talked for nine hours straight.
会议结束后 做为来访的纪念
After the meeting, as a souvenir of the visit,
我记得我们特别订购了一辆林肯车
I remember that we had a Lincoln specially made.
深蓝色的 樱桃木 皮制
Dark blue, cherry wood, leather.
我们坐进去拍照
Well, we got inside for the photographers,
下一秒 他踩了油门
when the next thing you know, he steps on the gas.
我说 关于政♥治♥生涯的第一个规则是
Now, the first rule of political life is
永远不要让一个总统开车
you never let a president get behind the wheel of a car, ever.
我们什么都不能自理
I mean, we’re not used to doing anything
更别说是开车了
for ourselves, let alone drive.
再看看主席 上帝 他那么用力踩油门
And the Chairman, Jesus, the way he put his foot down,
我想他上一次开车肯定
my guess is the last thing he drove was
是在乌克兰土豆农场上开拖拉机
a tractor on some Ukrainian potato farm.
他撞上路牙
He crashed into curbs.
从减速条上轧过去
He went over speed bumps.
绕着我的庄园开了两圈
He went twice around my whole estate.
最后 我们沿着海岸 开到了某个偏僻的地方
Finally, we ended up at some remote point on the coast,
在那里 看着大海
out there overlooking the sea.
他熄了火 然后讲了两个小时
He turns off the gas, and he talks for two hours
关于他最喜欢的话题- 炼钢厂
about his favorite subject, steel mills.
他对我说 “总统先生 很多政客
He said, “Mr. President, most politicians
在年轻的时候 都经历过悲剧”
“have tragedy in their early lives.”
我告诉他我有两个兄弟死于肺结核
Well, I told him that I lost two brothers to tuberculosis.
他说他看着他父亲死于 在炼钢厂染上的癌症
And he watched his father die from the cancer he caught in the steelworks.
他是一个悲伤的人 一个值得尊敬的对手
He was a sad man and a noble adversary.
在苏联做领导人太不幸了
I wouldn’t want to be a Russian leader.
不知道什么时候就被录音了
They never know when they’re being taped.
好了 我猜就是这样了
Okay, I guess that’s it then, huh?
三月见 我期待着呢
Until March. I look forward to it.
谢谢您 总统先生 我也很期待
Well, thank you, Mr. President. So do I.
你知道吗 很奇怪但是…
You know, it’s a funny thing that
这还是我第一次 接受单挑
I’ve never been challenged to a duel before.
是这样吧
I guess that’s what this is.
嗯 其实 不算是
FROST: Yeah, well, not really.
当然是了
Of course it is.
我挺喜欢这样
And I like that.
开诚布公的来 开诚布公
No holds barred, eh? No holds barred.
福斯特先生 还有件小事…
Mr. Frost, there’s still the small matter of the…
当然
Of course.
请恕我失礼
I do beg your pardon.
是…20万美金
Right. $200,000.
我希望这不是从你个人口袋里掏出来的
I do hope that isn’t coming out of your own pocket.
相信我 先生 我倒希望我掏得出来
Well, believe me, sir, I wish my pockets were that deep.
收款人写什么?
Made out in the name of?
艾文·保罗·拉扎尔
Irving Paul Lazar.
理查德·M·尼克松
Richard M. Nixon.
好了
Here you go.
大家笑一笑
MANOLO: Okay, smile.