我们这么希望吧
Well, let’s hope so.
那就好
Good for you.
访谈播出时我没看
I didn’t catch the interviews as they went out,
但他们告诉我非常成功
but they tell me that they were a great success.
我猜那些对你
I gather the journalists that were so positive
极为肯定的记者对我可就不会怎么好了
about you weren’t so kind to me.
是的 我很遗憾
Yes, I was sorry to see that.
没必要慰问
There’s no condolences necessary.
我早就对那帮婊♥子♥养♥的♥不报期望了
I’ve grown to expect nothing else from those sons of whores.
是的
Yeah.
天 请原谅我 库欣小姐
Jeez, please forgive me, Miss Cushing.
知道吗 我可以说”那些狗♥娘♥养♥的”
You know, I would’ve said “sons of bitches,”
但马洛诺很喜欢狗
but Manolo here is a lover of dogs,
他讨厌我诽谤动物
and he hates me to defame animals.
哪位需要点什么吗?
Can I get something for somebody?
是啊 你要喝茶还是香槟?
Yes. Would you like some tea or champagne?
嘿 知道吗 我们还有伊朗国王送的鱼子酱呢
Hey, you know, we got that caviar the Shah of Iran sent me.
– 不 谢谢您了 – 不吃吗?
No, thank you. You sure?
没关系的 一点也不麻烦
Come on. It’ll be no trouble at all.
不 真的 我们得…
No, really, we must be…
好 好了 好了 谢谢赶过来
Okay, fine, fine. Thanks for coming by.
你是位值得尊敬的对手
You were a worthy opponent.
再见 总统先生
Goodbye, Mr. President.
拜拜
Bye-bye.
再见 总统先生
Goodbye, Mr. President.
再见
Goodbye.
噢 老天! 我都差点忘了 我…
Oh, God! I almost forgot. I…
我给您买♥♥了份礼物 您赞赏的那种鞋
I brought you a present, those shoes you admired.
我给你买♥♥了一双
I brought you a pair.
哦 天 谢谢你
Well, jeez. Thank you.
我很感动 一路平安
I’m touched. Safe trip, now.
噢! 那个 戴维 你觉得我能和你谈谈吗 私下里 就一会?
Oh! Say, David, you think I could speak to you, privately, just for a minute?
知道你参加的那些聚会吗?
Do you know those parties of yours?
我读过所有的报纸都报道了的那些聚会?
The ones that I read about in all the papers?
你真的喜欢吗?
Do you actually enjoy those?
当然啦
Of course.
你绝想不到自己有多幸运
You got no idea how fortunate that makes you.
知道吗? 喜欢他人 为他人喜欢
You know? Liking people, and being liked.
有这种能力 这种从容 这种魅力
Having that facility, that lightness, that charm.
我就没有 从没有过
I don’t have it. I never did.
可能会让你奇怪我为何选择了一种
It kind of makes you wonder why I chose a life
与受人爱戴息息相关的生活
that hinged on being liked.
我更适合一种思考的生活
I’m better suited to a life of thought,
辩论 学术研究
debate, intellectual discipline.
也许我们都选错了
Maybe we got it wrong.
也许你该成为一位政♥治♥家
Maybe you should have been a politician
而我则做一个严密的采访者
and I the rigorous interviewer.
也许吧
Maybe.
戴维
David.
那晚我真的给你打电♥话♥了吗?
Did I really call you that night?
是的
Yes.
我们讨论了什么重要的事情吗?
Did we discuss anything important?
干酪汉堡
Cheeseburgers.
干酪汉堡?
Cheeseburgers?
再见 先生
Goodbye, sir.
后来 纽约 伦敦和悉尼
RESTON. Well, New York, London and Sydney
都张开双臂欢迎戴维回去
welcomed David back with open arms,
他的朋友和
as did his friends and investors,
从访谈中获利丰厚的投资人也欢迎他的归来
who’ve made a fortune from these interviews.
他重新拿回了所有的节目
He got back all of his shows.
甚至还有了萨蒂餐馆的饭桌
He even got back his table at Sardi’s.
至于理查德·尼克松
As for Richard Nixon,
当然没有再
well, he certainly never achieved
恢复孜孜渴望的名誉
the rehabilitation he so desperately craved.
他最不朽的传奇
His most lasting legacy
就是今日的任何政♥治♥过错
is that today any political wrongdoing
就会被立刻加上”门”这个字尾
is immediately given the suffix “gate.”
戴维·福斯特继续从事电视主持和新闻采访
如今他每年举♥行♥的派对 是英国社交圈内不容错过的盛事
对尼克松的访谈仍然是 他职业生涯中最为成功的一次节目
理查德·尼克松于1978年出版了长达千页的回忆录 但从未停止引起争论
他以普通公民的身份再度出访了中国和俄♥罗♥斯♥
他大部分时候避免出席正式场合直至1994年因中风去世

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!