Well, we found something rather better than his notes,
和查尔斯·寇尔森的谈话记录 (尼克松总统的首席特别顾问)
a conversation with Charles Colson,
我认为这份资料从未公开过
which I don’t think has ever been published.
好了 好戏开场了
Okay, here we go.
从未公开过 你说?
It hasn’t been published, you say?
没有 但我们的一位调查员在华盛顿找到了
No, but one of my researchers found it in Washington
只要去查看卷宗的人都可以看
where it’s available to anyone who consults the records.
知道吗 我只是想知道 我们是不是也看过
Well, I just wondered, you know, if we’d seen it.
不仅是看了 总统先生
More than seen it, Mr. President.
原话就是您说的
You spoke the actual words.
您总是声称6月23日才首次得知入室行窃的事
Now, you’ve always claimed you first learned of the break-in on June 23.
是的
Yeah.
但该录音是三天之前誊抄下来的
But this transcript of a tape made three days earlier
很显然您所言并非属实
clearly shows that to be a falsehood.
而且其中您对寇尔森说 “中止整个调查
Now, in it you say to Colson, “This whole investigation rests
“除非七人中有人开口说话
“unless one of the seven begins to talk.
“那才是症结所在”
“That’s the problem.”
那么 我说”除非七人中有人开口说话”
Well, what do we mean when we say
到底是什么意思?
“one of the seven beginning to talk”?
那就涉及到您和约翰·迪安的一次谈话了
Then moving on to a conversation you had with John Dean
次年3月21日
on March 21, the following year.
一份誊本中白纸黑字的写着
In one transcript alone, there in black and white,
我划下了您说的这些话
I picked out, and these are your words,
一 “你能拿到一百万 而且都是现金
one, “You could get $1 million, and you could get it in cash.
“我知道钱要从哪儿找”
“I know where it could be gotten.”
二 “你要控制的人主要是亨特” (白宫特别助理霍华德·亨特)
Two, “Your major guy to keep under control is Hunt.”
三 “难道我们不必处理亨特这一情况?”
Three, “Don’t we have to handle the Hunt situation?”
四 “取来那一百万块
Four, “Get the million bucks.
“在我看来那一定是值得的”
“It would seem to me that would be worthwhile.”
五 “你难道不觉得最好要着手处理亨特吗?”
Five, “Don’t you agree that you’d better get the Hunt thing going?”
六 “首先 你手上还有亨特这麻烦
Six, “First you’ve got the Hunt problem.
“必须要解决” 七 “钱不是问题
“That ought to be handled.” Seven, “The money can be provided.
“埃利希曼能提供转运的方式” (尼克松政♥府♥的总统国内事务助理)
“Ehrlichman could provide the way to deliver it.”
八 “对亨特我们就别无选择了
Eight, “We’ve no choice with Hunt
“但那12万或别的什么 对吧?”
“but the $120,000 or whatever it is, right?”
九 “上帝 转移我们所有现金”
Nine, “Christ, turn over any cash we’ve got.”
我还可以说下去 但在我看来
And I could go on. Now, it seems to me
有人在操纵一个掩饰行动
that someone running a cover-up
不可能说的再清楚了 对吗?
couldn’t have expressed it more clearly than that, could they?
听着 我现在得让你停下
Look, let me just stop you now right there,
因为你正在做一些
because you’re doing something here
我没有做也不会去做的事
which I am not doing, and I will not do
整个访谈期间你都在这么干
throughout these entire broadcasts.
你引用我的话 不考虑上下文
You’re quoting me out of context,
不按次序 而且我还要说
out of order. And I might add,
我参加访谈以来
I have participated in all these interviews
没人给我看过任何资料
without a single note in front of me.
可这是您的生活 总统先生
Well, it is your life, Mr. President.
既然您一直声称
Now, you’ve always maintained
3月21日之前对此事毫不知情
that you knew nothing about any of this until March 21.
但在2月 您的私人律师来到华盛顿
But in February, your personal lawyer came to Washington
开始筹集21万9千美金
to start the raising of $219,000
作为付给行窃者的封口费
of hush money to be paid to the burglars.
您真的指望我们会相信
Now, do you seriously expect us to believe
您对此毫不知情吗?
that you had no knowledge of that?
正是如此 我以为钱是用来做人道主义援助的
None. I believed the money was for humanitarian purposes.
来帮助弱势群体自我保护的
To help disadvantaged people with their defenses.
可是钱是以化名送到电♥话♥亭的上方
Well, it was being delivered on the tops of phone booths with aliases,
由戴着手套的人送到机场的
and at airports by people with gloves on.
律师费通常不是这么送的 对吧?
That’s not normally the way lawyers’ fees are delivered, is it?
听着 我曾就此表示过
Look, I have made statements to this effect before.
都是霍尔德曼和艾利希曼干的事
All that was Haldeman and Ehrlichman’s business.
我什么都不知道 好了 好了吧!
I knew nothing. Okay, fine. Fine!
你已经做出了结论
You made a conclusion there.
我坚持我的观点 接着进行
I stated my view, now let’s move on.
开始谈剩下的问题
Let’s get on to the rest of it.
不 且慢 不 且慢
No, hold on. No, hold on.
不 我不想谈…
No, I don’t want to talk…
如果霍尔德曼和艾利希曼才是该负责的人
If Haldeman and Ehrlichman were the ones really responsible,
您随后得知此事的时候
when you subsequently found out about it,
您为何没叫警♥察♥逮捕他们?
why didn’t you call the police and have them arrested?
那难道不是另一种掩饰行为吗?
Isn’t that just a cover-up of another kind?
是啊 也许我该那么做 应该那么做
Yeah, maybe I should have done that. Maybe I should have.
就该叫调查局的人来我办公室
Just called the feds into my office
然后说 “嘿 就是这两个人
and said, “Hey, there’s the two men.
“拘捕他们 送他们上被告席
“Haul them down to the dock,
“取下他们的指纹 扔他们进大牢”
“fingerprint them and then throw them in the can.”
我没搞成那样
I’m not made that way.
这俩人 赫尔德曼 艾利希曼 我认识他们的家人
These men, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, I knew their families.
他们小的时候我就认识他们了
I knew them since they were just kids.
是啊 但你知道 政♥治♥上
Yeah, but you know, politically,
我放走他们的压力变得难以承受了!
the pressure on me to let them go, that became overwhelming!
但我还是做了 我切掉一条臂膀
So I did it. I cut off one arm,
然后切掉另一条 但我不是个好屠夫!
then I cut off the other, and I’m not a good butcher!
而且我总坚持认为他们所做的事
And I have always maintained what they were doing,
我们所作的事不是犯罪
what we were all doing, was not criminal.
你看 在任期间
Look, when you’re in office,
有时你得做很多事 但其中很多
you gotta do a lot of things sometimes that are not always,
在最严格的法律意义上 不合法 但还是得做
in the strictest sense of the law, legal, but you do them
因为这样对国家才更好!
because they’re in the greater interests of the nation!
是 慢着 看我是否理解对了
Right. Wait, just so I understand correctly,
您的意思是 某些情况下
are you really saying that in certain situations,
总统能决定哪样对国家有利
the President can decide whether it’s in the best interests of the nation
然后干非法的事?
and then do something illegal?
我是在说 如果是总统干的 就不算非法的事
I’m saying that when the President does it, that means it’s not illegal.
您说什么?
I’m sorry?
我相信就是这样
That’s what I believe.
噢 我的天
Oh, my God.
但我认识到没有其他人和我持相同看法
But I realize no one else shares that view.
那么 既然如此 您是否认可
So, in that case, will you accept, then,
为了彻底消除疑虑
to clear the air once and for all,
您参与了掩饰行动
that you were part of a cover-up
您也的确触犯了法律?
and that you did break the law?
– 噢 我的天 我们让他认罪了 – 我…
Oh, my God, we got him. NIXON. I…
狗屁!
Shit!
(DOOR OPENS)
好了 我们休息一会儿
Okay, let’s take a break there.
他妈的怎么回事?
What the fuck is going on?
停下 停下
Cut it. Cut it.
– 什么? – 别拍了
Excuse me? Shut it down.
立刻停机
Shut it down now.
我不能做主 你得和导演说
DAVIS: That’s not my call. You’re gonna have to talk to the director.
– 他在外面那辆卡车上 – 让他进来
He’s in that truck out there. BRENNAN: Get him in here.
听着 这里出现情况了
DAVIS: Listen, we have an issue in here.
-杰克你要干嘛? -休息一会?
Jack, what are you doing? A break?
换带子
Change the tapes.
戴维 我能和你谈谈吗?
David, can I talk to you for a minute, please?
到底怎么啦 杰克?
What the hell is going on, Jack?
他准备说实话了 你知道
He was about to blow and you know it.
伙计们 这是他一生中最重要的时刻
Fellas, this is a critical moment in his life.
你明白我们可以因此起诉你吧?
You realize we could sue you for this?
你故意破坏了访谈 杰克
You have deliberately sabotaged the interview, Jack.
听着 我们是拴在一条绳上的蚂蚱
BRENNAN: Look, we’re all in this together.
我们一定能找到解决办法
I’m sure we can find a solution.
解决办法? 你到底是什么意思? 这是采访!
ZELNICK: A solution? What the hell are you talking about? It’s an interview!
鲍勃 让我提醒你…
KHACHIGIAN: Bob, may I remind you…
这是破坏合约 我们可以告你
BIRT: This is a breach of contract. We could sue.
(ALL ARGUING)
看在老天份上 吉姆 干嘛不让他休息一周呢?
For heaven’s sake, Jim. Why don’t you give him a week off?
让他休息一年!
Give him a year off!
妈的给他按♥摩♥一下!
Give him a fucking massage!
嘴巴放干净点 别那么大声嚷嚷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!