Except, well, you know, it’s hard to say
哪个时刻情绪最激动
what is the most emotional moment,
因为每次都不一样
because each is different.
我记得艾森豪威尔逝世那天 (美国第34任总统 带领美国赢得二战)
I remember the day Eisenhower died.
看在老天份上
For God’s sake.
那天我和长女翠西亚走过走廊
And the day I walked my eldest daughter Tricia down the aisle.
还有我的弹劾案听证会那天
And the day during the impeachment hearings
我的小女儿朱莉 来到我办公室
when Julie, that’s my youngest, she came into my office,
她拥抱了我 亲吻了我 她哭了 知道吗?
she threw her arms around me, she kissed me. She cried, you know?
而她是很少哭泣的
And she so seldom cries.
她说 “爸爸 您是我认识的最好的人”
She said, “Daddy, you’re the finest man I know.”
“爸爸 您是我认识的最好的人”?
“Daddy, you’re the finest man I know”?
“不管您做什么 我都会支持您”
“And whatever you do, I will support you.
“您会受些煎熬 您知道 再多一点煎熬”
“You just gotta go through the fire, you know, a little longer.”
太动人了
This is beautiful.
基辛格和我在林肯起居室
So Kissinger and I were in the Lincoln Sitting Room,
一块回忆往事
and together we began to reminisce
回忆我们参与的那些了不起的决策
about some of the great decisions that we’d participated in.
关于中国的 苏联的
There was China, the Soviet Union,
越南的停战协定
the peace settlement in Vietnam.
现在 让我告诉你一些从未跟别人说过的事
Now, let me tell you something that I never told anybody.
不论何时我要做一个艰难的决定…
Whenever I have had a really tough decision to make…
那时我们在林肯起居室
Now, we were in the Lincoln Sitting Room at that time.
我到那间房♥去祈祷
I have come into this room for the purpose of praying.
“确实 亨利 我是贵格会教♥徒♥ 你是犹太人
“Now, Henry, I’m a Quaker. You’re a Jew.
“我们都不怎么信奉原教旨
“Neither of us is particularly orthodox,
“但我认为咱们各自
“but I’d like to think that each of us in our own way
“都对宗教深有感触
“has a deep religious sensitivity.
“那么 如果你不介意 我们能否安静的祈祷一会儿?”
“So if you don’t mind, could we just have a moment of silent prayer?”
然后我们跪下来 面前是
So we knelt down. Now, this was in front of that table where
林肯签署”废奴宣言”的书桌
Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation.
过了片刻 我们站起身来 亨利说…
And then after a few moments, we both got up again, and Henry says…
有… 对不起
Is there… I’m sorry.
有什么问题吗?
Is there a problem?
时间到
That’s time.
超过两小时了
We’re over two hours.
真的吗? 这么快?
Really? So soon?
啊 总统先生 我看时间已到
Well, Mr. President, I gather our time is up.
天 真遗憾
Gee, now, that’s a pity.
知道吗 我都开始喜欢访谈了
You know, I was beginning to enjoy that.
非常棒 你们都很棒
That was terrific, both of you.
我们挖掘了不少有价值的材料
We’re getting some great material.
知道吗 这也很有趣
You know, it’s so funny, too,
因为我还预料你会问关于越南的问题呢
because I was expecting questions on Vietnam.
我们还做了一番准备 对吧 杰克?
And we prepared for that, hadn’t we, Jack?
是的 我也准备了
Yes, so did I.
我猜咱们都…你知道 陷入了回忆之中
I guess we just got caught up, you know, reminiscing.
确实
Indeed.
那么 后天十点 对吗?
So, day after tomorrow, 10:00, right?
是 没错
Yes, indeed.
我很期待 拜拜
I look forward to it. Bye-bye.
什么都没必要说了
There’s no need to say anything.
– 总统先生! – 总统先生!
REPORTER 1: Mr. President! REPORTER 2: Mr. President!
(REPORTERS CLAMORING)
总统先生!
REPORTER 3: Mr. President!
总统先生 这边!
REPORTER 4: Mr. President, please!
你要怎么告诉他?
(WHISPERING) What are you gonna tell him?
要告诉他必须积极参与
I’m gonna tell him he’s gotta get involved.
– 他得让他闭嘴 – 嘘
He’s gotta be able to shut him up. Shh.
戴维 我们的方法有重大问题 我认为…
David, we have some fundamental problems in our approach that I think…
别担心 鲍勃 我有数
Don’t worry, Bob. I’m on it.
基辛格那段有些能用得上
We can use some of the Kissinger stuff.
是 但我们必须谈谈 宜早不宜迟…
Yeah, but we need to discuss it sooner rather than later…
听着 我也很失望
Look, I’m disappointed, too.
但我想 事后分♥析♥是不是可以省了?
But I wonder, could we possibly spare the post-mortem for now?
我不是要将它弃之不顾 只是我要赶回洛杉矶
I don’t mean to minimize it. It’s just I’ve got to get back to LA
去见杂草饕餮公♥司♥的几个人
to meet some people from Weed Eater.
谢谢大家! 干得好!
Thanks, everyone! Great work!
-马文 利莱 今天真棒 -再见 戴维
Marv, Lloyd, great day. Bye, David.
回见 老天保佑!
I’ll see you soon. God bless!
杂草饕餮是个什么东西?
What the hell is Weed Eater?
是家园艺机械厂家
It’s a horticultural mechanism.
我们的赞助商之一
One of our sponsors.
那富士施乐怎么啦?
What happened to Xerox?
通用和IBM呢?
What about General Motors or IBM?
我猜不是所有蓝筹股的公♥司♥都愿意资助
I gather that not all of the blue-chip accounts came through.
不过我们还有埃尔伯公♥司♥
We do have Alpo.
狗粮?
Dog food?
慢着 约翰 我们都开始录影了
(STUTTERING) Wait, John. We’re already taping.
钱也筹得差不多了 对吧? 差不多了吧?
So we’re close, right? We’re very close?
这个问题也许该问戴维
That’s probably a question you should ask David.
差不多了吧 约翰?
Are we close, John?
我想我们有30%
I believe we’re at 30%.
还差这么多? 还是拿到30%?
To go? Or 30% sold?
再说一次 这个问题你该…
Again, that’s probably a question you should…
拿到 已经拿到30%了
Sold, 30% sold.
天啊…
Jesus…
我还以为实际上资金很充足呢
I thought we were practically fully financed.
本来是的 但资助是以广♥告♥销量为条件的
We were. But the financing was always conditional on advertising sales,
但没人料到资金会少这么多
and no one predicted that they’d fall apart like this.
那为什么会少? 是以什么为依据?
Well, why have they fallen apart? Based on what?
项目的可信度 广♥告♥销量还能以什么为依据?
Credibility of the project. What else are advertising sales based on?
听着 我理解你们的担忧
Listen, I understand your concern.
但能否请你们接下来几天对戴维态度好点?
But could I ask you to go a little easier on David over the next couple of days,
想想他承受了多大的压力?
bearing in mind the extraordinary pressure that he’s under?
因为此刻他实际上都是自己在掏腰包
‘Cause at the moment, he’s effectively paying for all this himself.
他投入的可不仅仅是自己的声誉
So he’s in it for a lot more than just his reputation.
那我们就不是了?
And we’re not?
您上次似乎很有信心
FROST. You seemed very confident last time.
我不明白为什么突然改变主意?
I don’t understand. Why this sudden change of heart?
好吧 这太让人费解了 他可是理查德·尼克松啊
All right, this is just madness. It’s Richard Nixon.
这些访谈至少能赢得30多岁的观众群
These interviews will do mid-30s audience share, minimum.
吉米! 是是 又是我 众所周知的麻烦鬼
Jimmy! Yes. Yes, back again, like the proverbial bad penny.
听着 我也不想这么对待朋友
Look, I hate to do this to a friend,
我也知道你已经慷慨解囊了
and I know you’re already in for more than I asked for,
但我还要你多筹点
but I need you to dig a little deeper.
我现在困难不小
I’m right up against it now.
嗯 我抽空看了看昨天的带子
So, I had a chance to review yesterday’s tapes.
如何?
And?
老实说? 太温和了 戴维
Honestly? Far too soft, David.
接着说 约翰 打击我啊 批判的再狠点
Go on. Beat me, John. Beat me with a stick.
听着 不 我是说真的
Look. No, I’m serious.
你得让他不那么好过
You have got to make it more uncomfortable for him.
你可以先坐靠前一点 一定要多出击
You can start by sitting forward. You’ve gotta attack more.
如果他开始顾左右言其他 呯
If he starts tailing off, bang,
插入另一个问题
jump in with another question.
别给他一些泛泛的问题
Don’t trade generalizations.
要问得具体点
Be specific.
还有最重要的 别让他再来美化自身的说教了
And above all, don’t let him give these self-serving, 23-minute homilies.
– 好的 – 还有保持距离
Right. And keep your distance
开机之前保持距离
before the tape starts running.
昨天他在耍你呢
He was toying with you yesterday.
什么”宾虚” 什么筹钱困难的屁话
All that shit about Ben-Hur and struggling to raise the money.
这是智力游戏 别陷进去
Those are mind games. Don’t engage.
千万别忘了 你面对的是个中老手
Never forget, you are in there with a major operator.
明白了
Got it.
(NIXON CLEARS THROAT)

Ah.
首席审讯者!
The Grand Inquisitor!
不 只是邻舍友善的朋友而已
No, just your friendly neighborhood confidant.
(GLASS SMASHING)
没事的 只是炸了个灯泡
It’s okay. We just blew a bulb.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!