日常生活中经常用到分数
Use fractionsin every day life.
比如你妈妈烤了一个派
For example, say your mother bakes a pie.
她把派切成几份
She cuts that pie.
科恩 你去校长室
Cohen! Just go to the principal’s office.
这不是跟校长自我介绍的好方法
Not the best way to introduce myself to the principal.
布莱德 你把学校当成什么
What do you think a school’s for, Brad?
-抱歉我一直打断课程…-你没回答我的问题
-I’m sorry I keep disrupting the class -You’re not answering my question.
学校是干嘛的
What’s a school for?
要教育学生 不是吗
To educate, isn’t it?
要用知识来打败无知
To use knowledge to wipe out ignorance?
学校的交响乐团今天下午有音乐会
The school orchestra’s having a concert this afternoon.
你要不要去
You planning on going?
我不去 我这样会打扰演出
No, sir. My tics will ruin the music.
我希望你去
I want you to be there.
各位同学 请回座
Everybody just keep your seats for a minute, please.
谢谢 音乐会好听吗
Thank you. Did you enjoy the concert?
表现得很好
Great job.
安静的时候有没有听到怪声
Did you hear any noises during the quiet parts?

YES!
对 我也有听到
Yeah. So did l.
还满讨厌的 对吧
They’re pretty annoying, aren’t they?
发出那些怪声的人是布莱德 科恩
The person making those noises is Brad Cohen.
布莱德 你上台
Come on up here, Brad.
你喜欢发出怪声惹人讨厌吗
Do you like making noises and upsetting people, Brad?
不喜欢
No, sir.
那你干嘛要这样
Then why do you do it?
因为我有妥瑞症候群
Because I have Tourette Syndrome.
那是什么
What’s that?
我大脑有问题 所以会发出怪声
It’s a thing in my brain that causes me to make weird noises.
但你想控制就能控制 对吧
But you could control it if you wanted to, right?
不对 这是一种病
No, sir. It’s a sickness.
怎么没接受治疗
Well, why can’t you just get cured?
没有药可以医
There isn’t any cure.
你们不喜欢听到怪声 我也不喜欢发出怪声
I don’t like making noises any more than you like hearing them.
我压力大的时候会更严重
They’re even worse when I get stressed,
比如你们无法接受我不能控制
when you don’t accept that I can’t stop them.
但大家都接受我 我就不会那么严重了
But when I feel accepted, then they’re not so bad.
我们能怎么做
What can we do
我指的是学校里的每一个人
and I mean everyone in this school
我们能怎么帮你 布莱德
What can we do to help you, Brad?
我只希望大家别用异样眼光看我
I just want to be treated like everybody else.
说得好 回去坐吧
Good job. Go sit down.
说几句话 教育一下
A few words a little education
就像开启了通往全新世界的大门
and it was like opening a door to a brand new world.
我知道将来不管怎么做 无论我有没有妥瑞症
Now some day, some way, I knew, Tourette’s or no Tourette’s,
我都要当一个老师
I was going to be a teacher.
我别无选择
I had no choice
只能证明 妥瑞症永远不会打倒我
but to prove that Tourette’s would never get the best of me.
如果我放弃了 就等于是认同
lf I quit, I would be agreeing with everyone
跟我说我想得太天真的那些人
who ever told me I was barking up the wrong tree.
抱歉 空调坏了 早就应该修好啦
Sorry about the air conditioning. Supposed to already be fixed by now.
没关系
That’s all right.
你的履历还不错
Well, umm, your resume looks okay.
我们五年级也有个缺
And we do have an opening in fifth grade.

OK.
但我要告诉你 在这里教书可不轻松
But I do have to tell you:this is a tough place to work.
有几个头痛人物
We’ve got some really hard cases.
我视之为挑战
Well, I take that as a challenge.
我不认为有哪个小孩是没救的
I don’t believe that any kid is hopeless.
他们都想学习 你永远不能放弃
You know, they all want to learn you can’t ever give up.
只是要找对方法教导他们
You just gotta find the right way to teach them.
你喉咙有痰吗 要不要喝杯水
Ahh, you got something stuck in your throat? Would you like a drink?
我有妥瑞症
I have Tourette Syndrome.
我想解释一下
I’d like to tell you about it.
-这是神经性…-妥瑞症
-It’s a neurological… -Tourette’s?
是不是会骂脏话
Isn’t that where you yell out obscenities?
那是秽语症
That’s coprolalia, It’s, ahh,
这症状很罕见 只有少部分的妥瑞症患者会有
it’s a rare symptom that a small percentage of people with Tourette’s have.
我就没有
I don’t have that.
好吧 他们没说你是身心障碍
OK, listen. They did not tell me that you were going to be handicapped.
要怎么教一群调皮的学生
How do you expect to handle a bunch of wild students
你有这方面的残障
with a handicap like that?
就教育他们啊
Well. By educating them.
让他们知道这是不必避讳的
By letting them know it’s okay to talk about it.
-可以问问题…-这些学生会嘲笑你
-It’s okay to ask questions…-These students would laugh at you.
等他们明白这只是…
Not…not when they understand it’s simply a matter of…
好吧 我有看过残障的老师
OK. I have seen teachers with disabilities before…
但从来没遇过你这方面的
…but never with what you’ve got.
我只是不明白你要怎么教学生
I just don’t see how you could ever teach a class.
我可以教书
I can teach!
你看我的履历 仔细看
Look at my resume. Look at it!
我在教学上非常成功
Ok? I was very successful as a student teacher
我的妥瑞症从来就不是问题
my Tourette’s never posed a problem!
我可以教书
I can teach!
好吧 反正我需要五年级的老师
OK. Bottom line:I need somebody now for fifth grade.
你想在这里教书
You want to teach here,
在课堂上就不能发出怪声
you’re gonna have to refrain from making these noises in class.
好 谢谢你给我面试的机会
You know what? Thank you very much for the interview.
你不想要这份工作吗
But, don’t you want the job?
对 我是很想要
Yes, actually. I want it really bad.
但我说什么也不替一个
But I would never,
不关心学生的人工作
ever work for a man who doesn’t care about his students.
所以我要把我的资料带走 不再浪费你宝贵的时间
So, I’ll take my portfolio and, ahh, and take no more of your time.
你老板人还真好啊
You got a great boss.
那是我最烂的一次面试经验
Well, it was the worst interview I’ve ever had.
他只看到我妥瑞症的那一面
All he could see when he looked at me was my Tourette’s.
他们都只看到这一面
That’s all any of them see.
宝贝 他们没看到你是个好老师
Well, honey, if they can’t see what a great teacher
那是他们的损失 不是你的错
you’d be that is their failure, not yours.
看起来是我的错
Well, it sure seems like my failure.
你要这么说我也没办法啦
Well, if you say so. You know what?
不然你干脆放弃 回家给我养
Why don’t you just throw in the towel and come home, huh?
我会给你买♥♥了一张票
I’ll buy you a ticket.
-我又没这样讲 -是吗 你就是这个意思啊
-I’m not saying that -Really? That sounds like what you’re saying.
我听起来就是你被妥瑞症打倒了
It sounds like you’re letting Tourette’s win.
-我没让妥瑞症打倒我 -真的吗
-I am not letting Tourette’s win! -Really?
对 我永远不会放弃 我只是…
Yes, really! Look, I’m never going to give up, I just…
我要找对学校才行
I have to find the right school.
你会的 波波 一定会的
You will, Bobo. You will.
我的结论是此事无关妥瑞症
So, I decided it wasn’t Tourette’s.
我只是要找对学校
I just hadn’t found the right school yet.
我会继续找 不找到好校长是不会放弃的
I’d keep barking, and I wasn’t quitting until I found that principal.
我在地图上标示了每一间 我还没面试过的学校
I made a map of every school where I hadn’t interviewed.
如果校长不在 我就把履历给秘书或管♥理♥员♥
lf the Principal wasn’t in, I’d give my resume to a secretary or a janitor,
请他们等校长回来再拿给他看
and ask them to drop it off when the principal returned.
我不在乎 我需要一份工作
I didn’t care. I needed a job.

我没找到工作就不轻言罢休
I wasn’t going to stop until I had one.
你从基层做起 但这样很正常
You’ll be starting at the bottom, but that’s no big deal,
我也是白手起家 你上班时间是7点到4点
that’s where I started. And you’re working 7 to 4.
我说过这是兼差性质
I told you this is only part time.
我早上要面试 不能来上班
I need to keep mornings open for interviews.
-学校不是早就开学了吗 -有些学校还没
-I thought that school had already started. -No, not all of them.
再看情况吧
Well, we’ll see what happens.
这是你的工具 至少暂时的啦
Here are your tools of the trade at least for the time being.
我说过了 要从基层做起
Like I said, at the bottom.
但这里的每份工作都很重要
But every job is important here,
天晓得 也许你做一做会爱上
and who knows maybe you’ll end up liking it.
-只要你投入时间…-我刚才讲的你没听见吗
-And if you put your time in…-Didn’t you hear what I just said?
我只在这里上班到我找到教职
I’m only working here until I get a teaching job
那些东西都要搬去垃圾堆

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!