但也许是我的错
But maybe it’s my fault.
也许是我遗传给你的
Maybe I gave it to you.
这些肉应该熟了
I think these babies are done.
快点 媒体中心再过两分钟 就要关了
Come on, guys. We only have two minutes before the media center closes.
后面的跟上来
Hurry up, back there.
靠旁边走…我不是讲了吗
Stay to the side, guys. Stay to the side. What did I tell you?
后面的快一点 跟上来
Guys in the back, come on, hurry up.

Dad?
你怎么会来这里
What are you, ah, what are you doing here?
你不是说学校缺书柜吗
You said you needed bookcases, didn’t you?
你♥爸♥要帮我们的图书馆钉书柜
Your Father’s built us new bookshelves for the library.
流程跑起来有点慢啦
Things are a little slow at the office.
这边请
This way, gentlemen.
我有样东西要给你
Oh, and I got you something for your collection.
科恩老师 你快戴啊
Put it on, Mr. Cohen.
硬帽子戴在顽固的脑袋上面
A hard hat for an extremely hard head.
各位同学 他是我爸爸
Hey, class, that’s my dad.
-嗨 科恩先生 -嗨
-Hi, Mr. Cohen! -Hi!
过来
Come on.
来啊
Come on!
希乐莉没说是为了什么事
And, and Hilarie didn’t say what this was about?
我不知道
No idea.
我们正好下课 她说要来你的教室找你
We were at recess and she said she needs to see you in your classroom.
可能是和明年的事有关吧
I think it might have to do with next year.
他来了
Here he is.
布莱德 请你过来一下 好吗
Brad. Would you come over here a moment, please?
希乐莉有事要宣布
Hilarie’s got an announcement to make.
有些人可能注意到
Some of you may have noticed
最近几个礼拜 有个人一直在学校里旁观
an observer hanging around school the last few weeks.
他是来评估我们的一位老师 科恩老师
Well, he was here to assess one of our teachers. Mr. Cohen.
我要宣布我们的科恩老师
And I’m here to announce that our very own Brad Cohen has been chosen
在乔治亚州的教育界 新血中脱颖而出
from amongst all the new educators in the state of
获选为本年度的最佳教师
Georgia to be Sallie Mae’s First Year Teacher of the Year.
我看着我的学生们 我觉得自己也像个小孩
As I looked at my students, I felt like a kid inside.
因为小孩看待人生的观点 和多数的成年人不一样
Because children look at life differently than most audits.
他们看着这个世界 会说我要做 不是我做不到
They see the world and say, I will. Not I can’t.
我也一样
And so did l.
这件衬衫太紧了 标签刺得我的背好痛
This shirt’s too tight. The label’s digging in my back…
标签我剪掉了
I cut out the label.
真搞不懂你有什么好紧张的
I don’t know what you’re so nervous about.
你每天都在面对群众啊
You’re in front of a crowd every day.
这些人可不是二年级的小孩
Well, these aren’t second-graders.
天哪 真希望我可以隐形
Oh, man, I wish I was invisible.
这你就永远不必担心了
Well, that is something you’ll never have to worry about.
别乱动 别乱动
Hold still, hold still!
我爱你
I love you.
科恩老师加油
Go, Mr. Cohen!
加油 波波 你一定可以的
Come on, Bobo, you can get through this
放心吧 他绝对没问题
Don’t worry. He’s going to get through it.
你们刚才听到的怪声
The noise you just heard
就是我从6岁就得的妥瑞症
is the Tourette Syndrome I’ve been living with since I was six years old.
我今天站在这里
I’m standing up here today
是因为有很多人的爱与支持
because the love and support of a lot of people put me up here
我的家人
My family,
我学校的大家庭
my school family,
我的学生和所有好朋友
my students, and all my friends.
这个奖要归功给他们
I owe this award to all of them.
但我也要感谢我这辈子
But I also owe it to the toughest,
最难搞 也最执着的老师
and, and most dedicated teacher I ever had:
我多年的同伴 也就是妥瑞症
my Constant Companion. My Tourette’s.
有些人可能会觉得奇怪 怎么会感谢一种残疾
Now, some of you may think that’s pretty weird to thank a disability…
还称之为好老师
and calling it a great teacher?
好奇怪哦
That’s really weird.
我从残疾中会学到什么呢
I mean, what could I possibly learn from a disability?
盖伦 请说
Yes, Gaylon.
你学会了坚持到底
You learned to keep going.
伊莱
Eli?
你学会了不让残疾阻止你
You learned to not let it stop you.
汤玛斯 请说
Yes, Thomas.
你学会了不被残疾打倒
You learned to not let it win!
答对了
That’s right.
去适应我的妥瑞症
Coping with my Tourette’s
让我学到 全世界最宝贵的教训
has taught me the most valuable lesson that anyone could ever learn:
那就是千万别让任何事 阻止你去追逐梦想
And that is to never let anything stop you from chasing your dream
阻止你工作或玩耍
from working or playing
或是谈恋爱
or falling in love.
没错
That’s right.
去适应我的妥瑞症让我学到 这个最宝贵的教训…
Coping with my Tourette’s has taught me the most valuable lesson…
汤玛斯 请说
Yes, Thomas.
你礼拜一上课能不能带奖牌 去讲故事给我们听
Can you bring that award to show and tell on Monday?
没问题
You bet.
布莱德后来拿到了硕士学位
他也实现了毕生的愿望
扮成 荷马 亚特兰大勇士队的吉祥物
布莱德和南西2006年结婚
他们住在亚特兰大
真正的 布莱德科恩在这里继续生活
做他最喜欢的事
教书

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!