In God.
给上帝
How did he find out about the unfortunate and her child?
他怎么知道那个风尘女子 和那个孩子的事的?
Well, he has that kind of cleverness…
啊,他还是有点…
you’ll sometimes find in the middle classes.
中产阶级的那种小聪明的
A cheap sort of intelligence, but effective nevertheless.
小小智慧,但是已经够用了
Hmm. Thank God that’s not something you’re burdened by.
嗯,感谢上帝这种事没让你碰上
Yes, thank God.
是啊,感谢上帝
Recite the solemn oath.
背诵庄严誓约
Never to reveal our secrets…
决不透露我们的秘密…
under no less a penalty than…
无论我被审判…
my throat be cut across…
喉咙被切开…
my tongue be torn out by its root…
舌头被连根拔出…
and that I be buried in sand…
或是被埋在沙中…
a cable’s length from shore.
海水深处
You don’t think Gull is confiding in him, do you?
你不认为格尔真的信了他吧?
The old fellow isn’t as far gone as all that, is he?
那老家伙不是这么轻信的吧?
No. He’s not that foolish.
他没这么笨
Let the brother receive the light.
给这位兄弟光明
‘Another beautiful murder will be committed by me. ”
“我将再干一件漂亮的谋杀 ”
“Fear me.Jack the Ripper. ”
“害怕我吧 开膛手杰克 ”
They’re rubbish, you know that. Yes, I agree. They’re rubbish.
都是垃圾,你知道 是的,我同意,都是垃圾
Though why you persist in believing that redhaired jezebel, I’ll never know.
可我永远也不懂, 你怎么那么相信那个红发荡♥妇♥
Have you considered that she’s the sort of woman who likes to make up stories…
你就没想过她那种女人 就喜欢编个故事…
particularly about men?
尤其是关于男人的故事?
She is, after all, a whore. She’s a woman who
她毕竟是个妓♥女♥,是那种…
“A rose by any other name.” Is that it?
“路边野玫瑰”对不对?
Frederick, my dear chum, no one is more delighted than l am…
弗雷德里克,亲爱的老朋友, 没人能比我更高兴…
that you’ve decided to resume your interest in the fairer sex…
因为你又开始与异性♥交♥往…
but please remember…
可是请记住…
a woman like that can make a man feel whatever she wants him to feel.
那种女人无论想要男人怎样她都做得到
Sergeant Godley. Yes, sir.
加德力警官 是,长官
Arrest the Nichol Street gang.
逮捕尼克罗帮
Right away, lnspector. I tried to stop them, lnspector.
马上就办,侦探 我本想阻止他们的,侦探
This arrived with this afternoon’s post.
这是下午的邮差送来的
Open it up!
打开!
“I send you half the kidney I took from one woman, preserved for you.
“送上一个女人的半个肾,为您保留
T’other piece I fried and ate. It was very nice.”
其余的,我煎了吃掉了,非常可口 ”
We demand something be done, and done tonight.
我们要求今天就有所行动
” From Hell.”
“来自地狱”
Well, at least they got the address right.
哦,至少地址没错
It can’t be. Are you sure he was the same?
不可能,你能肯定就是他?
I know him. I posed for him twice meself.
我认识他,我自己给他做过两次模特
I stood there naked as a babe watching him paint me for hours.
我脱得象个婴儿这么光, 看着他画我几个小时
And he was with Ann for whatover a year?
那他干吗还要和安在一起…过了一年?
Nearly two.
将近两年
Ah, here you are. Hello, girls.
啊,你们在这儿,姑娘们好
Where have you been? I told you to wait for me.
你去哪儿了?我叫你在这儿等
I can’t stay in a pub and not have a drink.
我不能待在酒馆里却不喝酒
That’s cruel. But look who I bumped into.
很不好,可你看我遇到了谁
Remember Ada?
记得阿达吗?
She’s from France. Bruxelles.
她从法国来 布鲁塞尔
Bruxelles. Yes.
布鲁塞尔 对
Oh, she is pretty, isn’t she?
噢,她多漂亮
Not in public, love. Not in public.
别在这里,亲爱的,不要在公共场合
Would you give us a minute alone? We need to speak with Liz.
你能让我们单独待会儿吗? 我要和丽兹谈谈
No, Ada, you stay where you are.
不,阿达,你跟着我
Come, Mary. Get a drinksy.
来,玛丽,来一杯
Mary.
玛丽
You don’t have to worry about Nichol Street for at least a week.
你至少一个星期不用担心尼克罗帮了
I can keep ’em that long. Well, that’s something, anyway.
我能拘留他们这么长 哦,多少好一点
Thank you. Yeah.
谢谢 不用
Baby Alice, she’s all right? Yeah, she’s all right.
小艾莉丝,你肯定她很好吗?是的,她很好
We’ll get her out after this is over.
完事之后我们就接她出来
“We’ll get her.”
“我们接她 ”
Listen.
听着
I want you and your friends off the streets until I can sort this thing out.
我要你和你朋友们离开大街 直到我查个水落石出
Off the streets? For how long? A few days, at least.
不上街,要多久?至少几天
Well, you better throw us injail then…
那你还不如把我们抓起来…
’cause we have no money for food and no money for a doss.
因为我们没钱吃东西也没钱住店
All right. You take this.
好的,拿着这个
Buy some food, get a room and stay there.
买♥♥点吃的,找个房♥子住下
Don’t tell anyone where you’re going. I don’t want to know.
别告诉任何人你们去哪里了, 我也不想知道
In three days, come to the Ten Bells.
三天后,来腾贝尔斯酒店
I’ll leave a message with the barkeep.
我会给酒保留个口信
What? It’s not enough?
怎么?不够吗?
I wish I could show you the little village where I was born.
我真想带你去看看我出生的小村庄
It’s so lovely there.
那里真可爱
It’s by the sea, the way you said you saw me.
在海边,就象你说的那样子
I used to think it too small to spend a life in…
我曾以为那里太小,待不了一辈子…
but now I’m not so sure.
不过现在不这么想了
Don’t. Don’t.
不,不要
What? Do you think I’m paying you back?
什么?你以为我在报答你?
I didn’t mean it as business.
我可没把这当作买♥♥卖♥♥
I’m still a woman. They haven’t taken that away from me.
我还是个女人,还有女人的感情
Not yet, anyways.
永远不会消失
Enough of that.
够了
Now, lad, at least take
女士,至少…
Sorry, sir.
对不起,长官
There, milady. One more time.
再来一个,我的夫人
And curtsy.
行屈膝礼
And we’re done.
就好了
Oh, don’t be modest, girl. They don’t care what we do.
噢,不要这么乖,小妞 他们才不管呢
I paid for your supper, remember.
记着,我替你买♥♥的晚餐
Stop shaking your head at me, you slag!
少跟我摇头,渣子!
Leave her alone.
放开我
She is my business. She’s not yours.
这是我们的事,与你们无关
Liz,just be quiet for one bloody night.
丽兹,就安静的待一晚上吧
No, l fucking won’t keep my voice down!
不,我才不小声呢!
Calm down! They’ll call the land lord on us.
安静!不然人家会叫房♥东来的
Don’t go out. It’s not safe.
别出去,不安全
I need something to sustain myself.
我需要兴奋一下
I will be right back. Liz, don’t be so fucking stupid!
我马上回来 丽兹,别犯傻!
Do without for a night. No.
别出去 不
I want a fucking drink. Liz!
我要喝一杯 丽兹
Here we are. Service records.
在这里,服役记录
Grenadier Guards. Lieutenant Benjamin Kidney.
掷弹兵卫队,中尉本杰明凯德尼
There, just as you suspected.
这里,正如你所怀疑的
Before he joined Special Branch…
在加入特务处之前…
Ben Kidney served in the Grenadier Guards.
本凯德尼在掷弹兵卫队服役
Part of his duties included assisting the field surgeon.
他的职责包括协助军医
Let me tell you something, lnspector, of which I’m absolutely certain.
我来告诉你一点我能确信的事,侦探
Assisting an expert is differentvery, very different
帮助专家跟自己做不是一回事…
from doing it oneself.
完全不同
Think about it. Someone’s gotta clean up after the prince.
这样想,有人要跟在王子后面善后
And whose job is it to take care of the widow’s messes?
那么谁是专门来对付那些麻烦的女人呢?
You’ve turned into Othello. Do you know that?
你在演奥塞罗,懂吗?
Everything is a suspicion.
人人都有嫌疑
And like that tragic Moor…
就象那个悲剧性的摩尔人奥塞罗…
all your suspicions will end up in your own demise.
你所有的怀疑只会让你自己倒霉
For heaven’s sake, man, these women aren’t just being silenced.
可是我的老天, 他们不止让那些女人沉默
They’re being murdered most brutally. Why would Ben Kidney do that?
她们被极为残忍♥地杀害了, 本凯德尼为什么要那样做?
To scare people. To keep their mind off the real point.
为了恐吓,为了让她们不敢说出真♥相♥
Which is?
什么真♥相♥?
Think what’s at stake for Special Branch.
想想对特务处来说什么是最严重的
Prince Edward married Ann Crook, a commoner and a Catholic.
爱德华王子娶了安柯洛克, 一个平民和天主教♥徒♥
Married her in a Catholic church. They had a baby.
在一个天主教堂结的婚,还生了个孩子
A legitimate baby, who is, in fact, heir to the throne of England.
一个合法的孩子,事实上是英国王位的继承人
All these women were there.
那些女人当时都在场
All these women were eyewitnesses to an event…
那些女人都是这件事的目击者…
that could rip the empire to pieces.
这将使帝国崩溃

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!