Phoebe: So, I figured it out.
我知道为什么了?
Joey: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Why Scott doesn’t wanna sleep with me. It’s ’cause I’m not sexy enough.
史考为什么不想跟我上床,因为我不够性感。
Joey: Phoebe, that’s crazy. When I first met you, you know what I said to Chandler? I said, “Excellent butt, great rack.”
菲比,别傻了。第一次看到你之后,你知道我对钱德说什么吗?我说“完美的屁♥股,好身材”。
Phoebe: Really? So sweet. I mean, I’m officially offended you know, so sweet.
真的?嘴好甜。说实在的,我被冒犯了,可是感觉真好。
Joey: Pheebs look, if you wanna know what the deal is, you’re just gonna have to ask him.
菲比,你想知道为什么的话,你必须开口去问他。
Phoebe: You’re right, you’re right. Ah, you are so yum.
你说得对…你真“可口”啊。
Rachel: I mean it’s a cat, you know, it’s a cat.
那是只猫,你知道的,猫。
Rachel: Why can’t they get one of those bugs, you know, one of those fruit flies, those things that live for like a day or something? What’re they called, what’re they called, what’re they called?
他们干嘛不养只昆虫,养只果蝇就好了。那种只活一,两天的东西,它们叫什么?
Michael: Fruit flies?
果蝇?
Rachel: Yes! Thank you.
对!谢谢。
WAITER: So, would you like any dessert?
要不要点甜点啊?
Michael: No! No dessert, just the check, please.
不,不要了,我想结账,求你了。
Rachel: Oh no, you’re not having fun, are you?
你玩得不开心?
Michael: No, no, I am, but only because for the last hour and a half I’ve been playing the movie Diner in my head.
不…我很开心,不过刚才那一个半小时,我都在回忆电影《餐馆》的情节。
Rachel: Oh, look at me, look at me. Oh, I’m on a date with a really great guy, all I can think about is Ross and his cat and his…Julie.
你看我,你看我。我在跟一个很棒的男人约会,却满脑子是罗斯…跟他的猫…还有他的茱莉。
Rachel:I just want to get over him. God, I just, why can’t I do that?
我只是想忘了他,天啊,为什么我不能呢?
Michael: Oy. Look, I’ve been through a divorce, trust me, you’re gonna be fine. You just can’t see it now because you haven’t had any closure.
听我说,我经历过离婚。相信我,不会有事的,你还看不出来,因为你跟他还没有了结嘛…
Rachel: Yeah! Closure. That’s what it is, that’s what I need. God, you’re brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that? How do I get that?
了结!就是那个,我就需要那个!天啊,你太棒了!我为什么没有想到?我要怎么了结?
Michael: Well, you know, there’s no one way really, it’s just, you know, whatever it takes so that you can finally say to him, “I’m over you.”
这没有一定的方法,这只是…你要用任何的方法,只要能让你对他说:“我不在乎你了”就行了。
Rachel: Over you, that’s what it is. Closure. Hello, excuse me. Excuse me, hel…woo…
不在乎你,就是这个,了结。抱歉?抱歉…
Guy: Hang on.
请稍等。
Rachel: Hello, excuse me, hi.
对不起啊。
Guy: What.
什么?
Rachel: Hi, I’m sorry, I need to borrow your phone for just one minute.
对不起,我需要跟你借一下电话。
Guy: I’m talking!
我正在讲耶!
Rachel: I can see that. I…just one phone call, I’ll be very quick, I’ll even pay for it myself. OK, you’re being a little weird about your phone.
我看得出来。我打一个电话就可以了,很快的,我会付钱给你,你对你的电话有点诡异耶。
Guy: All right, fine, I’ll call you back.
我待会儿再打给你。
Rachel: Thank you. Okay.
谢了。
Rachel: Machine. Just waiting for the beep.
答录机。我在等哔哔。
Michael: Good.
好样的。
Rachel: Ross, hi, it’s Rachel. I’m just calling to say that um, everything’s fine and I’m really happy for you and your cat who, by the way, I think you should name Michael.
罗斯,我是瑞秋。我打来只是想说…一切都很好。我为你…。还有你的猫感到高兴。对了,我认为你应该给它起个名字叫麦克。知道吗?
Rachel: And you know, you see there I’m thinking of names so obviously, I am over you. I, am, over you, and that, my friend, is what they call closure.
你瞧,我在想名字…所以显然我不在乎你了。我不在乎你了。这就是我那位朋友,所谓的“了结”。
Chandler: No, no, no, no, no, no…No. Monica, it’s Sunday morning. I’m not running on a Sunday.
不…莫妮卡,今天是星期天早上,星期天我绝不跑步。
Monica: Why not?
为什么?
Chandler: Because it’s Sunday. It’s God’s day.
因为是星期天,是神的日子。
Monica: OK, you say stop, we stop.
你说停我们就停。
Chandler: OK, stop.
停。
Monica: No, Come on, we can’t stop, Come on, we’ve got three more pounds to go. I am the energy train and you are on board. Woo-woo, woo-woo, woo-woo Woo.
不,别这样啦,我们不能停。还有三磅要减!我是精力火车,而你在车上。呜呜呜…
Ross: Hey Rach. – Rachel: Ahhhh.
嗨瑞秋。-啊啊…
Ross: Oh. And how was the date?
你的约会怎么样啊?
Rachel: Umm, I think there was a restaurant…I know there was wine…
我记得有家餐厅,我还记得有酒…
Ross: Wow, well uh, uh, actually, Julie’s downstairs getting a cab, I just need the cat toys, did Monica say…What? Why, why are you looking at me like that?
事实上,茱莉在楼下叫计程车,我想要拿猫玩具。莫妮卡有没有说…你为什么那样看我?
Rachel: I’m sorry, I don’t know, I feel like I had a dream about you last night but I, I don’t remember.
对不起,我不知道…我觉得我昨晚好像梦到你…但我不记得了。
Ross: OK. Oh-oh-oh. There they are.
好。在这儿。
Rachel: Did we speak on the phone last night? Did you call me?
我们昨晚有通电话吗?你有没有打给我?
Ross: No, I stayed at Julie’s last night.
没有,我昨晚住在茱莉那里。
Rachel: Huh.
哈。
Ross: Oh, actually I haven’t even been home yet. Do you mind if I check my messages?
事实上,我根本还没回家呢,你介意我听一下留言吗?
Rachel: Oh yeah, go ahead.
请便啊。
Ross: Rach, I got a message from you.
瑞秋,我有你的留言。
Ross: Who’s Michael?
麦克是谁啊?
Rachel: Oh my God. Oh my God Ross, no, hang up the phone, give me the phone Ross, give me the phone, give me the phone, give me the…
天啊!天啊,罗斯,把电话挂掉,电话给我…
Ross: You’re over me?
你不在乎我了?
Rachel: Ohhhhhhhh God.
天啊。
Ross: Wha…you’re…-Rachel: Ohh, God.
你… -我的天啊。
Ross: You you’re over me?
你不在乎我了?
Ross: When, when were you…under me?
你是什么时候…在乎我的?
Rach. Rachel do you, I mean, were you, uh…What?
瑞秋,你…?我是说,你…你…?什么?
Rachel: Ohh, OK, OK, OK, well, basically, lately, I’ve uh, I’ve uh, sort of had feelings for you.
好了…基本上…最近我…我对你有一些感觉。
Ross: You’ve, had feelings for me?
你对我有感觉?
Rachel: Yeah, what, so? You had feelings for me first.
那又怎样?你先对我有感觉的。
Ross: Woah. Huh. You know about my, I mean, you know I had…you know?
你知道我…我是说,你知道我有…?
Rachel: Chandler told me.
钱德告诉我的。
Ross: Chandler. When did he…when did he…when did he?
钱德,他什么时候,什么时候,什么时候…?
Rachel: When you were in China.
你在中国的时候。
Ross: China.
中国。
Rachel: Meeting Julie.
认识茱莉时。
-Ross: Julie.
茱莉。
Ross: Julie. Julie. That’s. Oh God. Julie, Julie, right. OK, I need to lie down. No, you know, I’m gonna stand. I’m gonna stand, and, I’m gonna walk, I’m walking and I am standing.
茱莉?茱莉?那… 天啊。我需要躺下来,不,你知道,我要站着。我要站着…我要踱步,我踱步,而且我站着。
Ross: OK so you uh, and now wha…and now, now, now you’re over me?
现在你不在乎我了?
Rachel: Are you over me?
你还在乎我吗?