Rachel: Really. Mindy, if it’ll make you feel any better, when Barry and I first got engaged, he went through a whole weird thing too.
真的?如果这样能让你好过点,我和巴瑞订婚时,他也完全变得很奇怪。
Mindy: Oh God! You see, that’s what I was afraid of!
噢,天呐!你瞧,这就是我最担心的。
Rachel: What? What’s what you were afraid of?
什么?你担心什么?
Mindy: Okay, okay… when Barry was engaged to you, he and I…kind of…had a little thing on the side.
好吧,好吧……巴瑞和你订婚时,我差不多……跟他正在偷偷恋爱。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Mindy: I know. I know, and when he proposed to me, everyone said “Don’t do it, he’s just gonna do to you what he did to Rachel,” and now I feel so stupid.
我知道,我知道,他向我求婚时,每个人都说:他会对你做他以前对瑞秋做过的事,现在我觉得我真蠢。
Rachel: Uh…Oh, Mindy, you are so stupid. Oh, we are both so stupid.
哦,明蒂,你真蠢。哦,我们两人都真蠢。
Mindy: What do you mean?
什么意思?
Rachel: Smell familiar?
是不是熟悉的味道?
Mindy: Oh no.
噢,不是吧。
Rachel: Oh, I am so sorry.
哦,我很抱歉。
Mindy: No me, I am so sorry…
不,应该是我,我很抱歉……
Rachel: No, I am sorry. I’m sorry.
不,我很抱歉,我很抱歉……
Joey: Oh, my.
噢。
Ross: Four letters: “Circle or hoop “.
四个字母,圈圈或圆圈(填字游戏)。
Chandler: Ring damn it, ring!
快响呀,该死的,快响呀!
Ross: Thanks.
谢啦。
Joey: Hey, you know our phone’s not working?
喂,你知道我们的电话坏了吗?
Chandler: What? !
什么?
Joey: I tried to call you from the coffee shop, and there was no answer.
我从咖啡店打给你,没有应答。
Chandler: I turned it off. Mother of God, I turned it off!
我把它关掉了,天啊,我把它关掉了!
Monica: Just like you told her you did! Just pointing out the irony.
和你告诉她的一样!只是指出讽刺的地方而已。
Joey: Hey, so listen, I went across the street and talked to the doorman. I got the peeper’s name! Can I use the phone? Can I use your phone? Yeah, the number for a Sidney Marks, please.
喂,听我说,我去对街跟门房聊过了,我知道那个偷窥狂的名字!电话我能用下吗?我能用下你电话吗?请帮我查辛尼马克斯的电话号码。
Ross: “Heating device.”
热装置?(填字游戏)
Phoebe: Radiator.
散热器。
Ross: Five letters.
五个字母。
Phoebe: Rdtor.
Rdtor.
Joey: Yeah, is Sidney there? Oh, this is? Sidney’s a woman.
西德尼在么,哦,你是?
Monica: So she’s a woman! So what?
辛尼是个女的。是女的又怎样?
Joey: Yeah. Yeah, so what? Look, I live across the street, and I know all about you and your little telescope, and I don’t appreciate it, okay? Yeah, I can see you right now! Hello! If I wanna walk around my apartment in my underwear, I shouldn’t have to feel like… Thank you. That’s not really the point… The point is that… Mostly free weights, but occasionally…
对,对,又怎样?听着,我住在对街,我知道你和你的小望远镜的所有事情,我可不喜欢这样,好吧?是啊,我现在可以看到你!喂!如果我要穿着内♥裤在室内走来走去,我可不想感觉…… 谢谢。那不是重点……重点是……大多数时候是举重,但是偶尔。。。
Monica: Joey! !
Joey!!
Joey: Yeah, my neighbor… Yeah, the brunette… She says you looked very pretty the other day in the green dress.
注释:brunette:咖啡色头发的女人,深褐色头发的白人女子。
对,我邻居…… 对,黑褐色头发,她说你有天穿着绿色裙子非常好看。
Monica: The green dress? Really?
绿色裙子?真的?
Joey: Yeah, she said you looked like Ingrid Bergman that day.
嘿,她说你像英格丽褒曼!
Monica: Oh, Nooo!
少来啦!
Chandler: Did she mention me?
她提到我了吗?
Joey: She wants know why you tie your towel around your head.
她想知道为什么你脑袋上缠一块毛巾。
Chandler: It is a leavein conditioner, okay? It is a leavein conditioner.
那是留置护发素,不行吗? 那是个留置护发素。
Rachel: Hey. Got a second?
嘿,有时间吗?
Barry: Sure, sure. Come on… in…
当然当然,进来吧!
Mindy: Hello, sweetheart.
亲爱的。
Barry: Uh…uh…what’re you… what’re you guys doing here?
呃,你们…… 你们来干什么?
Rachel: Uh, we are here to break up with you.
呃,我们是来和你分手的。
Barry: Both of you?
你们两个一起?
Mindy: Basically, we think you’re a horrible human being, and bad things should happen to you.
总之,我们认为你是个大烂人,你该遭到天打雷劈。
Barry: I’m sorry…I’m sorry, God, I am so sorry, I’m an idiot, I was weak, I couldn’t help myself Whatever I did, I only did because I love you so much!
对不起…… 对不起,天呐,我是个白♥痴,我是个懦夫,我无法自拔,不管我做什么都是因为太爱你了。
Rachel: Uh which one of us are you talking to there, Barry?
呃,巴瑞,你说的是我们中间哪一个?
Barry: Mindy. Mindy, of course Mindy, it was always Mindy.
明蒂,明蒂,当然是明蒂,一直都是明蒂。
Rachel: Even when we were having sex in that chair?
即使我们在你椅上做♥爱?
Barry: I swear, whatever I was doing, I was always thinking of you.
我发誓,不论我做什么,我一直想的都是你。
Rachel: Oh, please! During that second time you couldn’t have picked her out of a lineup!
噢,拜托,第二回合的时候你连她都认不出来了。
Mindy: You did it twice?
你们做了两次?
Rachel: Well, the first time didn’t really count… I mean, you know, it’s Barry.
第一次不算,你了解巴瑞的。
Barry: Sweetheart, just give me give me another chance, okay, we’ll start all over again. We’ll go back to Aruba.
我亲爱的,再给我,再给我一次机会,好不?我们再重新来过。我们再到Aruba去。
Rachel: what is it with you and Aruba? Do you have a deal with the airlines?
你和Aruba有什么关系?你和航空公司有协议吗?
Bernice: Dr. Farber, we’ve got a bit of an emergency here… Jason Costalano is choking on his retainer.
法大夫,这儿有紧急状况,詹森被自己的牙套噎到了。
Barry: Oh God… I’ll be right there, Bernice. Look, please, please don’t go anywhere, okay? I’ll be, I’ll be right back.
拜托,我马上去。听我说,请别离开,我马上回来。
Mindy: Okay.
好吧。
Rachel: Okay. Okay, we’ll be here! Hating you! Did you see how he was sweating when he walked out of there? Listen honey, if I’m hogging the ball too much you just jump right in there and take a couple punches because I’m telling you, this feels great.
好吧,好吧,我们在这儿,恨你!看见他走出去时满身大汗没?听着亲爱的,如果我去抓住他的蛋蛋,然后你狠狠打他几拳,我告诉你,那感觉一定很爽。
Mindy: Yeah… I’m pretty sure I’m still going to marry him.
是啊,我很确定我还是会嫁给她。
Rachel: What are you talking about? ! Mindy, the guy is the devil! He’s Satan in a smock!
注释:smock:罩衫,工作服。
你说的什么话啊?明蒂,那家伙是个恶魔,是个衣冠禽兽。
Mindy: Look, I know he’s not perfect, but the truth is, at the end of the day, I still really wanna be Mrs. Dr. Barry Farber, D.D.S.
听着,我知道他并不完美,但事实上,我最终还是想当巴瑞医生夫人。
Rachel: Oh God.
我的天。
Mindy: I hope you can find some way to be happy for me. And I hope you’ll still be my maid of honor…?
希望你能为我感到高兴,我希望你还愿意当我的伴娘。
Rachel: And I hope Barry doesn’t kill you and eat you in Aruba.
我希望巴瑞在Aruba不会将你宰了然后吃掉。
Monica: You okay?
你还好吗?
Rachel: Yeah.
还好。
Monica: Really?
真的?
Rachel: Yeah! You know, ever since I ran out on Barry at the wedding, I have wondered whether I made the right choice. And now I know.
真的,自从我在婚礼上抛下巴瑞。我一直在想这决定是否正确。如今我知道了。
Monica: I’m so glad.
我真为你高兴。
Joey: Big day. All right, I’ll give you this, Mr. Peanut is a better dresser. I mean he’s got the monocle; he’s got the top hat…
注释:monocle:单片眼镜,单眼绷带。
好日子啊。好吧,给你这么说把,花生先生的穿着比较讲究。我是说他有单片眼镜、高帽……
Phoebe: You know he’s gay?
你知道他是个同志吗?
Ross: I just wanna clarify this: are you outing Mr. Peanut?
我只想弄清楚你判花生先生出局了?
Danielle: Chandler?
钱德?
Chandler: Danielle! Hi! Uh everybody, this is Danielle, Danielle, everybody. What are you doing here?
丹妮尔,你好!呃,各位,这是丹妮尔。丹妮尔,这是各位。你来这儿做什么?
Danielle: Well, I’ve been calling you, but it turns out I had your number wrong. And when I finally got the right one from Information, there was no answer. So I thought I could just come down here, and make sure you were okay.
我一直打电话给你,结果我记错了你的号码。最后问查号台知道你的号码,却没人接电话。我想来看看你是否无恙!
Chandler: Oh, err… I’m, I’m okay.
哦,呃,我没事。
Danielle: Listen uh, maybe we could get together later?
或许我们晚点可以聚一下?
Chandler: That sounds good. I’ll call you or you call me, whatever…you know.
这主意不错,我再打给你,或是你打给我,怎么都可以。
Danielle: You got it.
一言为定。
Danielle: bye, everybody.
再见了,各位。
All: Bye.
再见。
Monica: Woohoo! Yeah, there you go!
呜呼!有戏啊!
Ross: Second date!
第二次约会!
Chandler:…I don’t know.
我不知道。
Rachel: You don’t know? !
你不知道?
Chandler: Well, she seems very nice and everything, but that whole thing about her coming all the way down here, just to see if I was okay? I mean…how needy is that?
她好像很不错,她大老远来这儿只想确定我没事儿?我的意思是…… 有这么饥渴么?
老友记.本章节注释
注释:brunette:黑头发的妇女,咖啡色头发的女人,深褐色头发的白人女子。
注释:smock:罩衫,工作服。
注释:monocle:单片眼镜,单眼绷带。