Phoebe: Hey, woo, woo, why is the air in here so negative?
嘿,呃,这的气氛怎么不太对呢?
Chandler: Rachel lost Marcel.
瑞秋把马修弄丢了。
Phoebe: Oh, no! How?
不会吧,怎么丢的?
Monica: He pooped in my shoe.
它在我鞋里大便
Phoebe: Which one?
哪只?
Monica: Those cute little black ones I wear all the time.
我常穿的那双漂亮的黑鞋。
Phoebe: No, which one? The right or left? Because the left one is lucky.
是哪一只?左脚还右脚?因为左脚代表幸运。
Rachel: Come on, you guys! What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?
大家快想办法!该怎么办啊?该怎么办啊?
Joey: All right. You’re a monkey, you’re loose in the city. Where do you go?
有了,如果你是只猴子,在城市里走丢了。你会去哪儿?
Chandler: Ok, this’s his first time out, so he’s probably gonna wanna do some of the touristy things. I’ll go to Cats. You go to the Russian Tea Room.
好吧,这是它第一次出门,所以他很可能想要旅游一番。我去百老汇找。你去俄罗斯茶坊。
Rachel: Oh, my God! Come on, you guys! He is gonna be home any minute. He’s gonna kill me!
噢,天呐!拜托你们别再闹了!他马上就会回家,他不会饶过我的。
Monica: Okay, we’ll start with the building. You guys take the first and second floor. Phoebe and I’ll take the third and fourth.
我们从这栋公寓开始找。你们找一楼和二楼,菲比和我找三楼和四楼。
Rachel: What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?
我该做什么?我该做什么?
Monica: OK, you stay here, and just wait by the phone, spray Lysol in my shoe and wait for Ross to kill you.
你留下,等电话,给我的鞋喷杀毒剂,顺便等罗斯回来杀了你。
Rachel: Anyone wanna trade?
有人想换换么?
Mr. Heckles: What do you want?
你们想干嘛?
Monica: Mr. Heckles, our friend lost a monkey, have you seen it?
哈克先生,我们朋友丢了一只猴子,你看见了吗?
Mr. Heckles: I left a Belgian waffle out. Did you take it?
我把华夫饼放在这儿,是不是你拿了?
Monica: No.
没有啊!
Phoebe: Why would you leave your Belgian waffle in the hall?
你怎么会把华夫饼放在走廊里啊?
Mr. Heckles: I wasn’t ready for it.
我还没准备吃它。
Monica: The monkey, have you seen a monkey?
猴子,你有看见猴子吗?
Mr. Heckles: Saw Regis Philbin once.
我只见过 “理吉斯菲邦” 一次。
Phoebe: OK, thank you, Mr. Heckles.
好吧,谢谢你,哈克先生。
Mr. Heckles: You owe me a waffle.
你们欠我一块华夫饼。
Rachel: OK, he’s a black capuchin monkey with a white face…with Russian dressing and pickles on the side. Okay, thanks.
好吧,他是一只白脸的黑卷尾猴……还有蛋黄酱和泡菜。好,谢谢。
Ross: Hey, how did it go today?
今天怎么样?
Rachel: Oh, great! It went great. Really great. Is that wine?
很好啊!很好啊。真的很不错。那是酒吗?
Ross: You want some?
是的,想喝吗?
Rachel: Oh, I would love some. But you know what, let’s not drink it here. I’m feeling kind of crazy. You wanna go to Newark?
我特想来点。这样吧,我们别在这儿喝。我感觉有点疯狂,我们去纽华克好吗?
Ross: Okay, we could do that, but before we head off to the murder capital of the Northeast…I was, kinda want to run some by you. You know how we were, you know, talking before…about relationships, and stuff.
行,我们能去,但在我们去东北犯罪首府之前……我有些话想说。你知道我们曾谈过……感情之类的问题。
Rachel: Oh, God, Ross, I cannot do this! Okay, quick and painful.
罗斯,我没法这样下去!好,又快又痛苦。
Rachel: Oh, God! Okay, all right. All right, okay. Ross, please don’t hate me.
哦,上帝啊!好吧,好吧。罗斯,请别恨我。
Ross: What? What?
怎么了?怎么了?
Rachel: You know, Marcel? I kind of, kind of lost him.
马修……我应该,应该把它弄丢了。
Ross: I can’t believe this. I mean all I asked you to do was keep him in the apartment!
我真不敢相信。我只是麻烦你别让它跑出公寓。
Rachel: I know, I know. I’m sorry.
我知道,我知道,真的对不起。
Ross: You know what, I guess it’s partially my fault, you know, I shouldn’t ask you to start off with the monkey, should start you off with like a pen or a pencil.
不不不,我想我也有责任,我不该叫你照顾猴子,应该先让你从照顾铅笔开始做才对。
Rachel: Ross, I’m doing everything that I can, and I’ve got everybody looking for him and I got.
罗斯,我已尽最大的努力,我已叫大家分头去找。
Rachel: Who is it? Animal Control. You see. I’ve even got Animal Control.
是谁?动物控制中心。瞧,我甚至打给动物控制中心
Ross: You called Animal Control?
你打给动物控制中心?
Rachel: Why? Do you not like them?
怎么了?你不喜欢他们?
Ross: Marcel is an illegal, exotic animal.
马修是非法的外来动物。
Ross: I’m not allowed to have him in the city. If they find him, they’ll take him away from me.
我是非法饲养的。万一他们找到它,他们就会带走它。
Rachel: Oh, OK, well, now, see, you never ever ever told us that.
好吧,可是,你从来就没有告诉大家。
Ross: ’cause I never expected you were gonna invite them to the apartment!
没错,因为我没想到你会请他们来。
Rachel: Thanks for coming.
谢谢你来。
Luisa: Somebody called about a monkey?
有人遗失猴子?
Rachel: Oh, yeah, you know what, that was a complete misunderstanding.
对,你知道么,这完全是个误会。
Ross: Yeah, we thought we had a monkey, but we didn’t.
是的,我以为我们有养猴子,但是我们没有。
Rachel: Turned out it was a hat. Cat! Cat! What did I say?
结果是帽子。猫!猫!我说了什么?
Monica: We checked the third and fourth floor, no one’s seen Marcel.
我们查过了,没人看到马修。
Phoebe: Marcel?
马修?
Ross: My uncle Marcel.
我叔叔马修?
Phoebe: ls that who the monkey’s named after?
那猴子是以你叔叔命名?
Luisa: OK, are you aware that possession of an illegal exotic is punishable…by up two years in prison and confiscation of the animal.
你知道拥有非法外来动物……可判刑两年并没收动物?
Phoebe: Oh, my God! You put that poor little creature in jail?
天啊,你要把这可怜的小东西关进监牢?
Monica: Pheebs, remember how we talked about saying things quietly to yourself first?
菲比,你记得我们说过当你想说什么的时候要先小声对自己说么?
Phoebe: Yes, but there isn’t always time.
记得,但有时候时间不够。
Monica: I’m sure there’s some friendly way to reconcile this. Have a seat. First of all, we haven’t been introduced. I’m Monica Geller.
我相信一定会有妥善的处理方式,请坐。首先,我们还没自己介绍,我叫摩妮卡。
Luisa: Oh, my God, you are! And you’re Rachel Greene!
天啊,你是莫尼卡。还有,你是瑞秋对吗?
Rachel: Yeah.
是啊。
Luisa: Luisa Gianetti! Lincoln High? I sat behind you guys in homeroom.
露莎,林肯高中。我坐在你们后面。
Rachel: Luisa! Oh, my God! Monica! It’s Luisa!
露莎!哦,天哪!摩妮卡,是露莎。
Ross: Wait, I went there too!
我也去了那里!
Monica: Luisa! From homeroom!
露萨,教室的那个!
Luisa: You have no idea who I am, do you?
你们根本不知道我是谁对不?
Rachel: No.
不。
Monica: Not at all.
一点都不知道。
Luisa: Well, maybe that’s because you spent four years ignoring me.
或许你们那四年,都在当我不存在。
Luisa: Would it have been so hard to say, “Morning, Luisa”. or “Nice overalls?
难道说句 “早安,露莎”。.”或 “好漂亮的连身裤” 那么难吗?
Monica: Oh, I’m so sorry!
对不起。
Luisa: Yes, not so much you. You were fat, you had your own problems. But you. What a bitch!
我不是说你,你当时很胖,你有自己的烦恼。可是你,实在是个贱♥货。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Monica: You know, be that as it may…Do you think you just help us here out that monkey thing, you know, just for old times’ sake? Go Bobcats?
注释:Go Bobcats:应该是在林肯高中时类似口号的话。
不管怎样,你能看在过去的份上,帮帮我们,帮我们找找猴子?
Luisa: I could. But I won’t. If I find that monkey, he’s mine.
我可以,但我不。如果我找到那只猴子,它就是我的了。
Phoebe: Dang dang dang, Sorry.
当当当,抱歉。
Joey and Chandler: Marcel? Marcel?
马修?马修?
Girl A: Hi, can I help you?
需要帮忙吗?
Chandler: We’re kind of having an emergency, and we were looking for something.
我们有急事,我们在找东西。
Joey: A monkey.
猴子。
Chandler: Yes, have you seen any?
对,你有看见吗?
Girl A: No, I haven’t seen the monkey. Do you know anything about fixing radiators?
没,我没看见猴子。你知道怎么修暖气吗?
Joey: Sure, sure! Did you try turning the knob back the other way?
当然!你试过将转钮转回去吗?
Girl A: Of course!
当然!
Joey: Oh. Then, no.
那之后我就不知道了。
Girl B: Taste this Daiquiri, there’s too much rum here?
试试这个代基里酒,是不是朗姆酒加多了?
Girl A: Just a second. Help to find your monkey!
等等。有助于你找到猴子。
Chandler: Oh, no no no wait wait wait. No, wait! We may not know anything about radiators per se,…but we do have certain amount of expertise in the heating and cooling milieu.
不,等等。我们对暖气本身或许不太懂,但我们可是冷暖环境的专家。
Joey: Aren’t we kind of in the middle of something yet?
我们现在不正在忙吗?
Chandler: Yes, but these women are very hot, and they need our help. And they’re very hot!
但这些小姐很热,她们需要我们的帮助。而且很火♥辣。
Joey: We can’t, all right? We’re sorry. You’ve no idea how sorry, but We promised we’d find this monkey.
我们不行,抱歉你们不知道你不知道我们有多抱歉,我们答应人家要找猴子。
Joey: If you see him, he’s about this high and answers to the name Marcel. So if we could get some pictures of you, you’d really be helping us out.
它约这么高,名叫马修。如果能拥有你们的照片,就算是帮了大忙。

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:Go Bobcats:应该是在林肯高中时类似口号的话。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!