Chandler: Well I’m not showing you my ‘tat.’
我不会让你看的。
Monica: Hello?
是Phoebe
Phoebe: It’s Phoebe.
你好!
Roger: And Roge.
还有Roge!
Monica: Come on up.
上来吧!
Chandler: Oh, good. Roge is here.
太好了,Roge 也来了。
Joey: What’s the matter with Roge?
Roge怎么了?
Chandler: Oh, it’s nothing; it’s a little thing…I…I hate that guy.
没什么,一点小事……我讨厌那个家伙。
Ross: What, so he was a little analytical. That’s what he does, you know? Come on, he’s not that bad.
干嘛!他是有点儿善于分析,可这是他的工作,别这样嘛,他没那么糟。
Ross: You see, that’s where you’re wrong. Why would I marry her if I thought on any level, that she was a lesbian?
这就是你错误的地方,如果当初我感觉到她是女同性恋者我何必和她结婚呢?
Roger: I don’t know. Maybe you wanted your marriage to fail.
我不知道,或许你想让婚姻失败。
Ross: Why? Why would I why? Why? Why? Why?
为什么…我怎么会……为什么为什么!
Roger: I don’t know. Maybe maybe low self-esteem, maybe maybe to compensate for overshadowing a sibling, maybe you…
我不知道,或许自信心不足,或许是弥补你让你妹相形见绌的愧疚,或许……
Monica: Wait wait, go back to that sibling thing.
等等,回到那个兄弟姐妹的话题。
Roger: Well, I don’t know. I mean, it’s conceivable that you wanted to sabotage your marriage so that the sibling would feel like less of a failure in the eyes of the parents.
注释:conceivable:可想到的,可相信的,可想像的,可能的。
什么?我不知道,想象得到你使你的婚姻触礁,好让你妹在父母面前不那么抬不起头。
Ross: That that’s ridiculous! I don’t feel guilty for her failures!
这太荒谬了,她不争气我并未感到自责。
Monica: Oh! So you think I’m a failure!
哦!你认为我不争气?
Phoebe: Isn’t he good?
他不错吧?
Ross: Yeah… No no no, that that’s not what I was saying…
是的……不不,我不是那个意思。
Monica: You know, all these years, I thought you were on my side. But maybe what you were doing was sucking up to Mom and Dad so they’d keep liking you better!
多年来我以为你支持我,但或许你做的一切目的是想巴结爸妈,让他们更心疼你。
Ross: Hey, I married a lesbian to make you look good!
喂!我娶女同同性恋者是想让你抬得起头!
Rachel: You’re right! I mean you’re right! It wasn’t just the Weebles, but the Weeble Play Palace…and the Weeble’s Cruise Ship…
你说得对,你说得太对了,那不只是“威宝娃娃”的问题,还有“威宝玩乐宫”、“威宝巡航艇”。
Rachel:…which had this little lifeboat for the Weebles to wobble in. And Mom just gave them all away.
注释:wobble:颤动; <使>晃动; <使>摇摆不定。
上面的救生艇让“威宝娃娃”能摇头晃脑地走进去,偏偏妈妈把他们都给出去了。
Roger: That’s tough. Tough stuff. Come on, Phoebe, we’re gonna catch that movie, we gotta get going.
那滋味不好受,Phoebe我们得去看电影了,我们现在该走了。
Phoebe: Oh, okay. Feel better, Rachel, ‘kay?
好的,打起精神来,Rachel。
Roger: Geez, we’re gonna be late, sweetie…
我们快来不及好,亲爱的。
Phoebe: Oh, okay. Listen, thanks for everything, Mon.
今天谢谢了,Mon。
Monica: No problem.
不客气。
Roger: Listen guys, it was great seeing you again. Mon, easy on those cookies, okay? Remember, they’re just food, they’re not love.
各位,很高兴再次见到你们。Mon,切记别吃太多饼干,那只是食物,不是爱。
Monica: I hate that guy!
我讨厌那家伙!
Joey: Good night, you guys.
晚安,各位。
Chandler: Oh look, it’s the woman we ordered.
瞧,这是我们订的女人。
Joey: Hey. Can, uh, can we help you?
你好,需要帮忙吗?
Ronni: Oh, no thanks, I’m just waiting for, uh, Joey Tribbiani.
噢,谢啦。我在等Joey Tribbiani。
Joey: I’m Joey Tribbiani.
我就是Joey Tribbiani。
Ronni: Oh no, not you, big Joey. Oh my God, You’re so much cuter than your pictures. I…I’m, I’m Ronni…. Cheese Nip?
注释:Cheese Nip:奶酪小块。
不是你,是老Joey,天啊,你此照片上帅多了。我是Ronni,来点儿奶酪小块?
Chandler: Uh, Joey’s having an embolism, but I could go for a Nip.
注释:embolism:血栓。
乔伊有血栓,但我可以来一点。
Ronni: Now, you see, most people, when their pets pass on, they want ’em sorta laid out like they’re sleeping.
大部份人在宠物过世后,希望它们被化妆成类似长眠的样子。
Ronni: But occasionally you get your person who wants them in a pose. Like chasing their tail. Or jumping to catch a Frisbee.
但有些人要他们摆出姿势,像追自己的尾巴,跳起接住飞盘。
Chandler: Joey, if I go first, I wanna be looking for my keys.
Joey,如果我先离世,我希望我的姿势是找钥匙。
Ronni: That’s a good one!
这姿势不错。
Mr. Tribbiani: Hey, Joe.
好啊,Joe。
Joey: Dad, Ronni’s here.
爸爸,Ronni来了
Mr. Tribbiani: Huh
好啊!
Ronni: Hi. –
嗨!
Mr. Tribbiani: Hey, hey!
好啊!
Mr. Tribbiani: Howl, howl, babe! What’re you doing here?
宝贝,你来干什么?
Ronni: Oh, uh, well, you left your good hair at my apartment; I figured you would need it tomorrow for your meeting.
你的假发落在我那儿了,我想你明天开会需要。
Mr. Tribbiani: Thank you. Uh…
谢谢。
Chandler: So, who’s up for a big game of Kerplunk?
注释:Kerplunk:是一款弹珠游戏。
谁想玩Kerplunk?
Ronni: Look, I uh, I shouldn’t have come. I got to get go. I’ll miss the last train.
我不该来这儿,我该走了,不然就错过最后一班车了。
Mr. Tribbiani: No, no, I don’t want you taking that thing this minute.
我不要你坐这么晚的车。
Ronni: Oh, where am I gonna stay, here?
那我要住哪儿?这里?
Joey: Whoahho.
喂喂!
Mr. Tribbiani: We’ll go to a hotel.
我们去住饭店。
Ronni: Go to a hotel?
我们去住饭店。
Joey: No you won’t.
不行,你们不能去。
Ronni: No we won’t.
不行我们不去。
Joey: If you go to a hotel you’ll be…doing stuff. I want you right here where I can keep an eye on you.
你们去饭店就一定会做什么,我要你们待在这儿,这样我就可以监视你们。
Mr. Tribbiani: You’re gonna keep an eye on us?
你要监视我们?
Joey: That’s right, mister, and I don’t care how old you are, as long as you’re under my roof you’re gonna live by my rules.
没错先生,我不管你多大,只要住在我家,—切就得听我的。
And that means no sleeping with your girlfriend.
那就意味着不准和你的女友一起睡觉。
Ronni: Wow. He’s strict.
他好严格。
Joey: Now dad, you’ll be in my room, Ronni uh, you can stay in Chandler’s room.
爸,你睡我房间。Ronni,你睡Chandler 的房间。
Chandler: And Chandler would be?
那么Chandler睡在哪里?
Joey: Out here with me, bunking up on a hideabed.
注释:bunk up:与。。。合铺,同宿。
注释:hideabed:沙发床。
和我睡客厅,搭沙发床。
Chandler: Oh, bunking up, if you smell smokes, don’t be alarmed.
哦!搭床铺,如果闻到烟味,不要报警。
Ronni: Thanks. You’re, uh, you’re a good kid.
谢谢,你真是个好孩子。
Chandler: Come on, I’ll show you to my room…. That sounds so weird when it’s not followed by, “No, it’s late.”
来,我带你去看我房间。你没说“不,谢了,时候不早了”可真奇怪。
Joey: Okay. Now this is just for tonight. Starting tomorrow, you gotta make a change. Six years is long enough.
只有今晚,明天你就得做出改变,6年已经够久了。
Mr. Tribbiani: What kinda change?
什么改变?
Joey: Well, either you break it off with Ronni.
要么和Ronni分手……
Mr. Tribbiani: I can’t do that!
我办不到。
Joey: Then you gotta come clean with Ma! This is not right!
要么就向妈澄清,这是不对的……
Mr. Tribbiani: Yeah…but this…
可是这……
Joey: I don’t wanna hear it! Now go to my room!
我不想听,快进我房里去!
Chandler: Hey, Kicky. What’re you doing?
别踢了,你在干什么?
Joey: Just trying to get comfortable. I can’t sleep in my underwear.
找寻舒适的位置,穿着内♥裤我睡不着。
Chandler: Well, you’re gonna.
你非穿不可。
Joey: I’ve been thinking. You know, about how I’m always seeing girls on top of girls…
我一直在想… 我总是跟一个接一个的女孩儿交往。
Chandler: Are they end to end, or tall like pancakes?
她们是首尾相接或是像(一层接一层的)煎饼一样高?
Joey: You know what I mean, about how I’m always going out with all these women. And I always figured, when the right one comes along, I would be able to be a stand-up guy and go the distance, y’know?
懂我意思吗?我和这些女人约会,我想当对的人出现时,我能成为一个可靠的男人,并且保持距离。
Joey: Now I’m looking at my dad, thinking…
但看下我老爹……
Chandler: Hey, you’re not him. You’re you. When they were all over you to go into your father’s pipefitting business, did you cave?
你不是他,你是你。当你家里人都劝你接受你爸爸的管道安装工作,你有屈服了吗?
Joey: No.
没有。
Chandler: No. You decided to go into the out-of-work actor business. Now that wasn’t easy, but you did it! And I would like to believe that when the right woman comes along; you will have the courage and the guts to say “No thanks, I’m married.”
没有。你决心当接不到活儿的演员,这不是一件容易的事但你办到了。我也相信对的人出现时,你会勇敢地对她说“不,谢谢,我已经结婚了。”
Joey: You really think so?
你真是这么想的吗?
Chandler: Yeah. I really do.
确实如此。
Joey: Thanks, Chandler.
谢谢你,Chandler.
Chandler: Get off.
滚开!
Monica: Hi… May I help you?
你好,有什么事吗?
Ronni: Yeah, uh, Joey said I could use your shower, since, uh, Chandler’s in ours?
Joey说我能用你的浴室,因为Chandler 正在用我们的。
Monica: Okay…who are you?
好的,你是谁?
Ronni: Oh, I’m Ronni. Ronni Rappelano? The mistress?
我是Ronni. Ronni Rappelano,那个情妇。
Monica: Oh, come on in.
请进。
Ronni: Thanks.
谢谢。
Rachel: Hi, I’m Rachel. Bathroom’s up there. Hey, listen, Ronni, how long would you say Chandler has been in the shower?
你好,我叫Rachel。浴室在那儿,Ronni,Chandler进浴室多久了?
Ronni: Oh, like, uh, five minutes?
好像五分钟吧。
Rachel: Perfect. Fasten your seat belts, it’s peepee time.
太好了,请系好安全带,“小弟弟”时间到了。

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:conceivable:可想到的,可相信的,可想像的,可能的。
注释:wobble:颤动; <使>晃动; <使>摇摆不定。
注释:Cheese Nip:奶酪小块。
注释:embolism:血栓。
注释:Kerplunk:是一款弹珠游戏。
注释:bunk up:与。。。合铺,同宿。
注释:hideabed:沙发床。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!