Phoebe: Yeah, because otherwise someone might get what they actually ordered.
是啊,因为不然的话有顾客就会拿到他们真正点的东西了。
All: Well. Oh…
好吧。
Rachel: Ohh. The hair comes out, and the gloves come off.
The hair comes out, and the gloves come off:豁出去了(要开始认真做某事)。这是一句俗语。来源于带着帽子和手套的淑女,准备开始认真做某事的时候,摘下帽子(露出头发),脱下手套,拿出气势。
哦哦哦,豁出去了。
Monica: Did you ever go out with a guy your friends all really like?
你和你朋友都喜欢的人约会过吗?
Paula: No.
没有。
Monica: Okay. Well, I’m going out with a guy my friends all really like.
那好,我和一个朋友都喜欢的人约会了。
Paula: Wait wait. . we talking about the coyotes here? All right, a cow got through!
等等,我们是在谈论那群狼吗?好吧,一头牛居然存活了。
Monica: Can you believe it? You know what? I just don’t feel the thing.
你能相信吗?就像是,你知道吗…… 我(对那个男的)毫无感觉。
Monica: I mean, they feel the thing. I don’t feel the thing.
我意思是,他们有感觉,而我却没感觉。
Paula: Honey. . you should always feel the thing. Listen, if that’s how you feel about the guy, Monica, dump him!
亲爱的,应该有感觉才行。听着,如果你对那个男人只有这种感觉,莫妮卡,甩了他。
Monica: I know. it’s gonna be really hard.
我知道,可太难了。
Paula: Well, he’s a big boy, he’ll get over it.
他是大人,他会过去的。
Monica: No, he’ll be fine. It’s the other five I’m worried about.
不,他没事。我担心的是其他五人。
Joey: Do you have any respect for your body?
难道你一点也不尊重你的身体?
Ross: Don’t you realize what you’re, you’re doing to yourself?
你不明白你在对你的身体做什么吗?
Chandler: Hey, you know, I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease.
emphysema:肺气肿。
嗨,我受够你们了,什么癌症、肺气肿,心脏病啦。
Chandler: The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it.
至少,抽烟很酷,并且你们也知道。
Rachel: Chandler? It’s Alan, he wants to speak to you.
钱德勒?是艾伦,他要和你讲话。
Chandler: Really? He does? Hey, buddy! What’s up? Oh, she told you about that, huh?
真的,他找我?老兄,什么事?她告诉你了?
Chandler: Well, yeah, I have one now and then. Well, yeah, now. Well, it’s not that big. Well, that’s true.
喔,是的,我时不时在抽。嗯,是的,现在,没那么糟,这倒是真的。
Chandler: Gee, you know, no one… no…one’s ever put it like that before. Well, okay, thanks!
咦,没人这么说过,好的,谢谢。
Rachel: God, he’s good.
天啊,他真棒。
Ross: If only he were a woman.
如果他是个女人,那该有多好。
Rachel: Yeah.
是的啊。
Chandler: Ooh, Lambchop. How old is that sock?
Lambchop: Lambchop 是儿童节目。
喔,小羊排(儿童节目)!那袜子到底有多旧了?
Chandler: If I had a sock on my hand for thirty years it’d be talking too.
如果我有只袜子在手上戴了三十年,它也会开始说话了。
Ross: Okay. I think it’s time to change somebody’s nicotine patch.
nicotine patch:尼古丁贴片。吸烟时尼古丁由肺部进入人体,尼古丁贴片药物中的尼古丁含量较低,且利用皮肤吸收为途径,减缓尼古丁之吸收与代谢速率,来取代来自香烟的尼古丁,为尝试戒烟者提供一低量而稳定的尼古丁浓度,在正确使用下能有效缓解禁断症状,此即所谓的“尼古丁置换疗法”。
好了,我认为有人该换尼古丁贴片了。
Monica: Hey. Where’s Joey?
Joey在哪?
Chandler: Joey ate my last stick of gum, so I killed him. Do you think that was wrong?
乔伊吃了我最后一片口香糖,所以我就把他杀了,你认为这样不对吗?
Rachel: I think he’s across the hall.
我想他在对面。
Monica: Thanks.
谢谢。
Ross: There you go.
好啦。
Chandler: Ooh, I’m alive with pleasure now.
噢,我又重拾快乐的生活了。
Ross: Hey Pheebs, you gonna have the rest of that Pop-tart? .. Pheebs?
Pop-tart:一种果酱饼干。起源于一家名叫Pop-tart公司,后广泛用于类似的饼干。
嗨,Pheebs,你还想吃剩下的果酱饼干吗?
Phoebe: Does anyone want the rest of this Pop-tart?
谁还想吃剩下的饼干?
Ross: Hey, I might!
嗨,我要。
Phoebe: I’m sorry. You know, those stupid soda people gave me seven thousand dollars for the thumb.
抱歉,知道吗,汽水公司那些笨蛋给了我七千美元当姆指的赔偿金。
All: You’re kidding. Oh my God.
开玩笑吧。噢我的天。
Phoebe: And on my way over here I stepped in gum. What is up with the universe?
我回家路上又踩到口香糖,这世界到底怎么了?
Joey: What’s going on?
怎么啦?
Monica: Nothing. I just think it’s nice when we’re all here together.
没什么。我只是觉得大伙在一起很温馨。
Joey: Even nicer when everyone gets to wear their underwear.
如果让大家都穿上内裤会更好。
Rachel: Uh, Joey.
哦,乔伊。
Joey: Oh, God!
噢,天啊!
Monica: Okay.
好了。
All: Oh!
噢!
Monica: Please, guys, we have to talk.
拜托,各位,我们要谈谈。
Phoebe: Wait, wait, I’m getting a déjà vu…no, I’m not.
déjà vu:似曾相识的感觉。
等等,我有似曾相识的感觉不,我没有。
Monica: Alright, we have to talk.
好吧,我们需要谈谈。
Phoebe: There it is!
瞧,来了。
Monica: Okay. It’s,it’s about Alan.
是有关艾伦的。
Rachel: Oh, speak of which, tell him we are on for the Renaissance Fair next weekend.
Renaissance Fair:文艺复兴集市。
提到他,告诉他下周我们有空去文艺复兴集市。
All: Oh…
哦。。。
Monica: Guys, before you get into that, there’s something that you should know.
在此之前,有些事应该让你们知道。
Monica: I mean, there’s really no easy way to say this…I’ve decided to break up with Alan.
我意思是,真是很难启齿。。。我决定和艾伦分手。
Ross: Is there somebody else?
有第三者?
Monica: No, nononono…it’s just…you know, things change. People change.
没,不不不不。。。只是世事难料,人都会变。
Rachel: We didn’t change. .
我们可没有变。
Joey: So that’s it? It’s over?
就这样?结束了?
Joey: Just like that?
就这样?
Phoebe: You know. . you let your guard down, you start to really care about someone, and I just… I…
知道吗,你放下了你的防备,你开始真心在乎某人,我只……我……
Monica: Look, I, I could go on pretending.
要不,我可以继续装下去。
Joey: Okay!
可以啊。
Monica: No, but that wouldn’t be fair to me, it wouldn’t be fair to Alan. It wouldn’t be fair to you!
不,但这样对我不公平,对艾伦也不公平,对你们也不公平!
Ross: Yeah, Well, who wants fair? I just want things back, you know, the way they were.
是吗?谁要公平了?我只想要回失去的,回到往日那样。
Monica: I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
Chandler: Oh, she’s sorry! I feel better!
噢,她说抱歉!我感觉好多了!
Rachel: I just can’t believe this! I mean, with the holidays coming up… I wanted him to meet my family.
我真是不敢相信。假期就要来了,我还想让他见见我的家人。
Monica: I’ll meet someone else. There’ll be other Alans.
我还会找到新男朋友的,会有别的“艾伦”们的。
All: Oh, yeah! Right!
是的,也对。
Monica: Are you guys gonna be okay?
你们不会有事吧?
Ross: Hey hey, we’ll be fine.
嗨嗨,我们不会有事。
Ross: We’re just gonna need a little time.
我们只是需要一点时间。
Monica: I understand.
我懂。
Alan: Wow.

Monica: I’m really sorry.
我真的很抱歉。
Alan: Yeah, I’m sorry too.
我也很抱歉。
Alan: But, I gotta tell you, I am a little relieved.
我有点松口气了。
Monica: Relieved?
松了一口气?
Alan: Yeah, I mean, I had a great time with you. I just can’t stand your friends.
是啊,我和你在一起很愉快,只是我受不了你朋友。
Rachel: Remember when we went to Central Park and rented boats?
记得我们到中♥央公园租船划吗?
Rachel: That was fun.
没错,那很有趣。
Ross: Yeah. He could row like a Viking.
Viking:维京人,北欧海盗兼战斗民族 。
他划得就像维京人一样。
Ross: So how’d it go?
情况如何?
Monica: Oh, you know.
噢,你们知道的。
Phoebe: Did he mention us?
他有提到我们吗?
Monica: He says he’s really gonna miss you guys.
他说他会想念你们的。
Ross: You had a rough day, huh…
你这一天可真难受。。。
Monica: You have no idea.
你无法体会。
Ross: Come here.
过来。
Chandler:…That’s it. I’m getting cigarettes.
我受够了,我要抽烟。
All: No no no!
不行!
Chandler: I don’t care, I don’t care! Game’s over! I’m weak!
我管不了那么多了,游戏结束了!我是懦夫!
Chandler: I’ve gotta smoke! I’ve gotta have the smoke!
我要抽烟!我一定要抽烟!
Phoebe: If you never smoke again , I’ll give you seven thousand dollars!
如果你不再抽烟,我就给你七千美元!
Chandler: Yeah, alright.
好吧,没问题。

老友记.本章节注释

The hair comes out, and the gloves come off:豁出去了(要开始认真做某事)。这是一句俗语。来源于带着帽子和手套的淑女,准备开始认真做某事的时候,摘下帽子(露出头发),脱下手套,拿出气势。
emphysema:肺气肿。
Lambchop: Lambchop 是儿童节目。
nicotine patch:尼古丁贴片。吸烟时尼古丁由肺部进入人体,尼古丁贴片药物中的尼古丁含量较低,且利用皮肤吸收为途径,减缓尼古丁之吸收与代谢速率,来取代来自香烟的尼古丁,为尝试戒烟者提供一低量而稳定的尼古丁浓度,在正确使用下能有效缓解禁断症状,此即所谓的“尼古丁置换疗法”。
Pop-tart:一种果酱饼干。起源于一家名叫Pop-tart公司,后广泛用于类似的饼干。
déjà vu:似曾相识的感觉。
Renaissance Fair:文艺复兴集市。
Viking:维京人,北欧海盗兼战斗民族 。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!