Barry: Yeah, well.
是的。
Bernice: (over intercom) Dr. Farber, Jason Greenstein’s gagging.
gag:窒息。
Farber大夫,Jason Greenstein快窒息了。
Barry: (answering the intercom) Be right there. (To Robbie and Rachel) Be back in a second.
马上到,我马上回来。
Rachel: I dumped him.
是我甩的他哦。
Robbie: Okay.
好吧。
Ross: So, um so how’s this, uh, how’s this all gonna work?
这个如何,呃,如何处理此事?
Susan: The baby grows in a special place inside the mommy’s….
婴儿在母亲身体中一个特殊的部位生长。
Ross: Thank you.
谢谢。
Ross: I mean, how’s this gonna work? You know, with us?
我说,我们该如何处理此事?
Ross: You know, when, like, important decisions have to be made?
你知道的,比方说必须要做某些重大的决定。
Carol: Give me a “for instance”.
给我举个例子。
Ross: Well, uh, uh, I don’t know, okay, okay, how about with the, uh, with the baby’s name?
我也说不上来,比方说孩子的名字?
Carol: Marlon.
马龙。
Ross: Marlon? !
马龙?
Carol: If it’s a boy, Minnie if it’s a girl.
如果是个男孩的话,如果是个女孩就叫米妮。
Ross: As in Mouse?
就像《米老鼠》里面的名字?
Carol: As in my grandmother.
和我奶奶同名。
Ross: Still, you you say Minnie, you hear Mouse.
不管怎样,你说起米妮,你就会听到《米老鼠》。
Ross: Um, how about, um. . how about Julia?
呃,这个怎么样…?朱莉亚怎么样?
Carol: Julia.
朱莉亚。
Susan: We agreed on Minnie.
我们一致决定用米妮。
Ross: We agreed we’d spend the rest of our lives together. Things change, roll with the punches. I believe Julia’s on the table?
roll with the punches: 承受并化解生活中的磨难,类似兵来将挡、水来土掩。
我们决定未来的日子一同生活。世事难料,兵来将挡。我觉得“朱莉亚”可以考虑?
Barry: Sorry about that.
抱歉。
Barry: So, what have you been up to?
近来怎么样?
Rachel: Oh, not much.
哦,没什么。
Rachel: I, I got a job.
我刚找到工作。
Barry: Oh, that’s great.
哦,这太好了。
Rachel: Why are why are you so tanned?
你为何晒得这么黑?
Barry: Oh, I, uh I went to Aruba.
哦,我,呃,我到阿鲁巴了。
Rachel: Oh no. You went on our honeymoon alone?
哦,不是吧,你自己一个去渡蜜月?
Barry: No. I went with, uh. . Now, this may hurt.
不是的,我和。。。这也许会很不好受。
Robbie: Me? !
我?
Barry: No!
不。
Barry: I went with Mindy.
我和明蒂去了。
Rachel: Mindy? ! My maid of honour, Mindy? !
明蒂?我的伴娘明蒂?
Barry: Yeah, well, uh, we’re kind of a thing now.
对,我们差不多在一起了现在。
Rachel: Oh! Well, um… You’ve got plugs!
哦,呃,你去做植发了?
Barry: Careful! They haven’t quite taken yet.
小心,还没牢固呢。
Rachel: And you’ve got lenses! But you hate sticking your finger in your eye!
你还戴了隐形眼镜?但你不是讨厌将手指放进眼睛里吗?
Barry: Not for her. Listen, I really wanted to thank you.
为了她我不讨厌,我真的得感谢你。
Rachel: Okay.
好吧。
Barry: See, about a month ago, I wanted to hurt you. More than I’ve ever wanted to hurt anyone in my life. And I’m an orthodontist.
orthodontist:正齿医生,矫形牙医。
一个月前我想伤害你,我这辈子从未如此想伤害一个人。而且我是个整牙医师。
Barry: You know, you were right? I mean, I thought we were happy.
你知道么,你说得没错,我是说,我以为我们以前很快乐。
Barry: We weren’t happy. But with Mindy…now I’m happy. Spit.
我们不快乐,但是和明蒂在一起,现在我很快乐。吐掉。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Robbie: Me.
是和我说。
Rachel: Anyway, um, I guess this belongs to you. Or maybe some day Mindy.
总之,我想这东西属于你,或许以后是明蒂的。
Barry: Like she’s settle for that.
就像她会为此而同意似的。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, that’s true, but I think it’s a…I think it’s a nice ring. And thank you for giving it to me.
哦,是吧,是真的。但我觉得这是一个不错的戒指,谢谢你送我。
Barry: Well, thank you for giving it back.
谢谢你还给我。
Robbie: Hello? !
你好!
Susan: Oh, please! What’s wrong with Helen?
哦,拜托,海伦有什么不好?
Ross: Helen Geller? I don’t think so.
海伦盖勒?不行。
Carol: Hello? It’s not gonna be Helen Geller.
喂?不会是海伦盖勒的。
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢。
Carol: No, I mean it’s not Geller.
不,我是说她不姓盖勒。
Ross: What, it’s gonna be Helen Willick?
难道是叫海伦威利克?
Carol: No, actually, um, we talked about Helen Willick Bunch.
不,事实上,呃,我们考虑用海伦威利克班奇。
Ross: Well, wait a minute, why why is she in the title?
等等,为何名字里有她的份?
Susan: Because It’s my baby too.
因为这也是我的宝宝。
Ross: Oh, really? Um, I don’t remember you making any sperm.
哦,真的?我不记得你有制造精♥子。
Susan: Yeah, and we all know what a challenge that is!
好吧,我们都知道那是个极大的挑战。
Carol: All right, you two, stop it!
够了,你们两个,打住!
Ross: No no no, she gets a credit, hey, I’m in there too.
不,不,不,功劳全让她抢了,嘿,我也在场。
Carol: Ross. You’re not actually suggesting Helen Willick Bunch Geller? Because I think that borders on child abuse.
child abuse:虐待儿童。
你该不会想用海伦威利克班奇盖勒吧?因为我觉得这有虐待儿童之嫌。
Ross: Of course not, I’m…suggesting Geller Willick Bunch.
当然没有,我建议用盖勒威利克班奇。
Susan: Oh, no, nonononono, you see what he’s doing? He knows no one’s gonna say all those names, so they’ll wind up calling her Geller, then he gets his way!
哦,不不不不,你看他这是想干什么,他知道没人会叫全名的,别人只会叫她盖勒,这样他就得逞了。
Ross: My way? ! You, you think this is my way?
我得逞?你认为这样算我得逞?
Ross: Believe me, of all the ways I ever imagined this moment in my life being, this is not my way.
相信我,在所有我能想到的我的人生此刻的样子,这个绝对不是我想要的。
Ross: You know what? Uh, um, this is too hard. I’m not, I can’t do.
你们知道吗,呃,这个太难接受了。
Dr. Oberman: Knock knock! How are we today? Any nausea?
nausea:恶心,反胃。
有人在吗?今天如何,想呕吐吗?
Ross: A little.
一点点。
Susan: Yeah. Just a little.
是。只是一点点。
Dr. Oberman: Well, I was just wondering about the mother-to-be, but, thanks for sharing. Uh, lie back…
我只是问准妈妈,很感谢你们的分享。向后躺。。。
Ross: You uh you know what, I’m gonna go. I don’t, I don’t think I can be involved in this particular family thing.
知道吗?我走了,我不,我现在不想参与这种特殊的家庭事件。
Ross: Oh my God.
我的天呐。
Susan: Look at that.
瞧瞧那个。
Carol: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Well? Isn’t that amazing?
是不是很神奇啊?
Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
我们要看的是什么?
Chandler: I don’t know, but…I think it’s about to attack the Enterprise.
我不知道,但是我想是要准备攻击企业号(《星舰迷航》)。
Phoebe: If you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.
如果你们把头稍微向左偏,两眼放轻松,它样子就像是一个颗老马铃薯。
Ross: Then don’t do that, alright?
那么就不要那么干,好吗?
Ross: Monica. What do you think?
摩妮卡,你认为呢?
Monica: Mmhmm.
嗯。
Ross: Are you welling up?
well up:涌出,热泪盈眶。
你要哭了吗?
Monica: No.
才没有。
Ross: You are, you’re welling up.
你有,你要哭了。
Monica: I’m not!
我没有!
Ross: You’re gonna be an aunt.
你就要成为阿姨了。
Monica: Oh, shut up!
喔,闭嘴。
Rachel: Hi, Mindy. Hi, it’s, it’s Rachel. Yeah, I’m fine. I, I saw Barry today.
嗨,明蒂,我是瑞秋。我很好,是的,我今天见巴瑞了。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, yeah he, he told me. No, it’s okay. Really, it’s okay. I hope you two are very happy, I really do.
哦是的,对的,他告诉我了。不,没关系,真的,没关系。我祝福你们幸福快乐,真心诚意的。
Rachel: Oh, oh, and Mindy, you know, if, if everything works out, and you guys end up getting married and having kids and everything.
哦,哦,明蒂,如果一切顺利,你们结婚生子了。
Rachel: I just hope they have his old hairline and your old nose.
我希望他们继承了他以前的发际线和你以前的鼻子。
Rachel: Okay, I know it was a cheap shot, but I feel so much better now.
a cheap shot:恶意中伤、卑鄙手段,损招。
我知道这招很贱,但我现在感觉好多了。

老友记.本章节注释

gag:窒息。
roll with the punches: 承受并化解生活中的磨难,类似兵来将挡、水来土掩。
orthodontist:正齿医生,矫形牙医。
child abuse:虐待儿童。
nausea:恶心,反胃。
well up:涌出,热泪盈眶。
a cheap shot:恶意中伤、卑鄙手段,损招。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!