Ross: That’d be good.
那再好不过了。
Monica: Really?
真的?
Ross: No, go on! It’s Paul, the wine guy!
不,去吧!那可是“酒男”保罗!
Phoebe: What does that mean? Does he sell it, drink it? Or he just complains a lot?
那是什么意思?他是卖酒的,喝酒的?还是他总爱抱怨?
Monica: Hi, come in! Paul, this is…everybody. Everybody, this is Paul.
嗨,进来,保罗,这是……大家。各位,这是保罗。
Everybody: Hey! Paul! Hi! The Wine Guy! Hey!
你好!保罗!嘿!酒男!嘿!
Chandler: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name. Paul, was it?
对不起,我没听清楚你的名字。保罗,是吗?
Monica: Okay, ummumm, I’ll just,I’ll be right back, I just gotta go ah, go ah…
对,额,我去…… 我马上就好,我正要去,去,去额……
Ross: A wandering?
闲逛?
Monica: Change. Okay, sit down. Two seconds.
换衣服!好了,坐会儿。很快就好。
Phoebe: Ooh, I just pulled out four eyelashes. That can’t be good.
噢,我刚拔掉四根睫毛。不是个好兆头。
Joey: Hey, Paul! Here’s a little tip, she really likes it when you rub her neck in the same spot over and over and over again until it starts to get a little red.
你好,保罗!告诉你个小贴士,她很喜欢你在她脖子上同一个地方不停地揉来揉去,直到变红为止。
Monica: Shut up, Joey!
闭嘴,乔伊!
Ross: So Rachel, what’re you, uh…what’re you up to tonight?
那么瑞秋,你今晚,额……打算干什么?
Rachel: Well, I was kinda supposed to be headed for Aruba on my honeymoon, so, nothing.
我本来应该到阿鲁巴岛度蜜月,所以……没事做!
Ross: Right, you’re not even getting your honeymoon.
是呀,你都没办法过蜜月。
Ross: God. . No, no, although, Aruba, this time of year…
天呐,不,不,不过,阿鲁巴岛每年这个时候……
Ross: Talk about your, big lizards.
注释:lizard:蜥蜴。
可以谈论下,大蜥蜴。
Ross: Anyway, if you don’t feel like being alone tonight, Joey and Chandler are coming over to help me put together my new furniture.
不管怎样,如果今晚你不想一个人待着的话,乔伊和钱德要过来帮我组装我的新家具。
Chandler: Yes, and we’re very excited about it.
是呀,而且我们为此非常兴奋。
Rachel: Well,actually thanks, but I think I’m just gonna hang out here tonight. It’s been kinda a long day.
真是谢谢了,不过我想今晚还是待在这里吧。今天可真是漫长(不好过)。
Ross: Oh, sure.
是呀,当然了。
Joey: Hey Pheebs, you wanna help?
嘿,Pheebs,你想来帮忙吗?
Phoebe: Oh, I wish I could, but I don’t want to.
哦,我希望我可以去,但我不想去。
Phoebe: Love is sweet as summer showers, love is a wondrous work of art. But your love Oh, your love, your love…is like a giant pigeon, crapping on my heart, lalalalala.
爱情就像夏日冲凉一样甜美,爱情是无以伦比的艺术品。但是你的爱呀,你的爱,你的爱就像一只巨大的鸽子,在我心中排泄,啦啦啦啦啦。
Phoebe: Thank you. Lalalalala
谢谢。啦啦啦啦啦……
Ross: I’m supposed to attach a brackety thing to the side things, using a bunch of these little worm guys.
注释:brackety: bracket的形容词,支架样的。
我应该用这些像小虫一样的东西把一个支架样的东西固定在侧面。
Ross: I have no brackety thing. I see no worm guys whatsoever…and I cannot feel my legs.
我没有支架,没有看到什么虫子样的东西……而且,我的腿麻了。
Joey: I think we’ve got a bookcase here.
我想我们弄好书架了。
Chandler: It’s beautiful thing.
看起来不错。
Joey: What’s this?
这是什么?
Chandler: I would have to say that is an L-shaped bracket.
我会说那是个L型支架。
Joey: Which goes where?
它应该安在哪里?
Chandler: I have no idea.
我完全……没有想法。
Joey: Done with the bookcase.
搞定书架了。
Chandler: All finished.
完工了。
Ross: This was Carol’s favorite beer.
这是卡箩最喜欢的啤酒。
She always drank it out of the can, I should have known.
她总是对着罐子喝,我本该知道的(她是女同)。
Joey: You’re gonna start with that stuff, we’re outta here.
你要是再开始那些话,我们就走了。
Chandler: Yeah, please don’t spoil all this fun.
就是,不要破坏所有这些乐趣。
Joey: Ross, let me ask you a question.
Ross, 问你一个问题。
Joey: She got the furniture, the stereo, the good TV. What did you get?
她得到家具,音响,好电视,你得到了什么?
Ross: You guys.
你们呀。
Chandler: Oh, God!
天呀。
Joey: You got screwed.
你被坑了。
Chandler: Oh, my God!
哦,我的天啊!
Monica: Oh, my God.
哦,我的老天!
Paul: I know. I know. I’m such an idiot.
我知道,我知道,我真是个笨蛋。
Paul: I guess I should have caught on when she started going to the dentist four and five times a week.
当她一礼拜见四五次牙医的时候,我本该察觉到的。
Paul: I mean, how clean can teeth get?
我的意思是,牙齿能洁多干净呀?
Monica: My brother’s going through that right now, he’s such a mess. How did you get through it?
我哥哥正在经历这种事呢,他糟透了。你是怎么熬过来的?
Paul: I might try accidentally breaking something valuable of hers. Say her……
我可能会试着砸烂她的一些贵重的东西。比如。。。。。。
Monica:Leg?
(她的)腿?
Paul: That’s one way of doing it! Me, I went for the watch.
那是一种方式!我的话,我砸了她的表。
Monica: You actually broke her watch? Wow! The worst thing I ever did was, I shredded my old boyfriend’s favorite bath towel.
你真的砸了她的手表?哇哦!我做过的最过分的事情只是剪碎了男朋友最喜欢的浴巾。
Paul: Oh, steer clear of you.
注释:Steer clear of you.离你远一点。
得离你远点。
Monica: That’s right.
没错。
Rachel: Barry, I’m sorry. I am so sorry.
巴里,对不起,真的对不起。
Rachel: I know you probably think that this is all about what I said the other night about you making love with your socks on, but it isn’t…It’s about me. And I just
我知道你可能认为这都是跟那晚我对你说你穿袜子做♥爱有关,但不是的,这都是我的问题,我只是……
Rachel: Hi, the machine cut me off again. Anyway, look, look…
嗨,机器又断了我的线路。不管怎样,听着,听着……
Rachel: I know that some girl is going to be incredibly lucky to become Mrs. Barry Finkel, but it isn’t me, it’s not me.
我知道会有无比幸运的女孩成为巴瑞·凡可太太,但不是我,不会是我。
Rachel: And not that I have any idea who me is right now, but you just have to give me a chance to…
而且我现在也不知道我到底是谁,但你得给我机会去……
Ross: I’m divorced. I’m only 26, and I’m divorced!
我离婚了!我才26岁就离婚了!
Joey: Shut up!
闭嘴!
Chandler: Come on, stop!
拜托,打住!
Ross: That only took me an hour.
那只花了我一个小时。
Chandler: You gotta understand, between us we haven’t had a relationship that has lasted longer than a Mento.
注释:mento:曼妥思糖。
你得明白,我们两个还没有比曼妥思糖时间更长的恋爱关系呢。
Chandler: You, however, have had the love of a woman for four years.
而你已经和一个女人相爱四年了。
Chandler: Four years of closeness and sharing, at the end of which she ripped your heart out. That is why we don’t do it!
四年的亲近和分享,最后她把你的心给伤透了,这就是为什么我们不这么干!
Chandler: I don’t think that was my point!
我认为那不是我的意思!
Ross: You know what the scariest part is? What if there’s only one woman for everybody, y’know? I mean what if you get one woman and that’s it.
你知道最可怕的地方是什么吗?假如每个人只有一个女人适合,知道吗?我的意思是,如果你拥有一个女人,就这么多了。
Ross: Unfortunately, in my case, there was only one woman for her.
不幸的是,我的情况是,她拥有了一个女人。
Joey: What are you talking about? One woman.
你在说什么呀?一个女人?
Joey: That’s like saying there’s only one flavor of ice cream for you.
那就好像你只有一种口味的冰激凌。
Joey: Let me tell you something, Ross. There’s lots of flavors out there. There’s Rocky road and cookie dough and,bing,cherry vanilla.
让我告诉你,罗斯。那儿有很多种口味,有Rocky Road口味,Cookie Dough口味,然后还有樱桃香草口味。
Joey: You can get them with jimmies or nuts or whipped cream.
还可以和糖条,果仁,或者打发的奶油一起混着吃!
Joey: This is the best thing that ever happened to you!
这是你一生中能够享受的最好的事情了!
Joey: You got married. You were like, what, 8? Welcome back to the world! Grab a spoon!
你结婚了,你当时是几岁,八岁吗?欢迎回到地球!拿好勺子!
Ross: I honestly don’t know if I’m hungry or horny.
我真不知道我是饿了还是饥渴了。
Chandler: Stay out of my freezer!
离我的冰箱远点!
Paul: Ever since she walked out on me, I…
从她离开我之后,我……
Monica: What? what what…You wanna spell it out with noodles?
什么?怎么啦?你想边吃面条边讲出来?
Paul: No, it’s, it’s more of a fifth date kinda revelation.
不是,这更应是第五次约会的事情。
Monica: Oh, so there is gonna be a fifth date?
就是说还会有第五次约会吗?
Paul: Isn’t there?
没有吗?
Monica: Yeah, yeah. I think there is.
是,是,我觉得有的。
Monica: What were you gonna say?
你刚刚要说什么?
Paul: Well, ever since she left me…I haven’t been able to perform…sexually.
好吧,自从她离开我之后,我就一直不能正常过。。。性生活。
Monica: Oh, God! I’m so, I’m so sorry.
噢,天啊,我真,真对不起。
Paul: It’s OK.
没事。
Monica: Being spit on is probably not what you need right now.
我知道被人吐水应该不是你现在需要的。
Monica: How long?
多久了?
Paul: Two years.
两年。
Monica: Wow. I’m glad you smashed her watch.
哇哦!我真高兴你砸了她的手表。
Paul: So you still think you might want that fifth date?
那你还希望有第五次约会吗?
Monica: Yeah. Yeah, I do.
是的,我希望。
TV: We are gathered here to join together Joanne Louise Cunningham, and Charles Chachi Chachi Chachi Arcola in the bonds of holy matrimony.
我们今天聚在这里参加Joanne Louise Cunningham和Charles Chachi Chachi Chachi Arcola的神圣婚礼。
Rachel: See! But Joanne loved Chachi. That’s the difference.
看!可是Joanne爱Chachi。这就是区别。
Ross: Grab a spoon. Do you know how long it’s been since I grabbed a spoon?
拿起勺子。你知道自从我拿起勺子有多久了吗?
Ross: Do the words, “Billy, don’t be a hero, ” mean anything to you?
“比利,别逞英雄”这句话对你有什么意义吗?
Joey: Great story. But I gotta go. I got a date with Andrea. Angela. Andrea. Oh man.
真是个好故事!但是,我得走了。我跟Andrea有个约会,是Angela,是Andrea。哦,老天。
Chandler: Andrea’s the screamer. Angela has cats.
Andrea是爱尖叫的那个,Angela有猫。
Joey: Right, thanks. It’s Julie. I’m out of here.
对,谢啦。是Julie,我走了。
Ross: Y’know, here’s the thing. Even if I could get it together enough to, to ask a woman out…who am I gonna ask?
是这样的,就算我能振作起来去约一个女人出来,我该约谁?
Rachel: Isn’t this amazing? I mean I’ve never made coffee before in my entire life.
是不是很不可思议?我这辈子从来没煮过咖啡。
Chandler: That is amazing.
是很不可思议。
Joey: Congratulations.
恭喜你。
Rachel: Y’know, I figure if I can make coffee, there isn’t anything I can’t do.
我想如果我能煮咖啡,没有什么事我做不了。
Chandler: No, I think it’s if I can invade Poland, there isn’t anything I can’t do.
不,我想应该是”如果我能入侵波兰,就没有什么事我做不了。”
Joey: Listen, while you’re on a roll, if you feel like you gotta make like a Western omelet or something…
注释:on a roll:做得很顺,连续获胜。
注释:omelet:煎蛋卷。
听着,趁你现在正进入角色,如果你能做个蛋卷之类的东西……
Joey: Although, actually I’m really not that hungry.
虽然事实上,我没那么饥饿。
Monica: Oh, good. Lenny and Squigy are here.
注释:Lenny and Squigy:出自《Laverne and Shirley》,两人是很好的朋友,常在一起。
真不赖,Lenny和Squiggy在这里。
Rachel: Good morning.
早上好。
Monica:Good morning.
早上好。
Chandler and Joey: Morning.
早上好。
Paul: Morning.
早上好。
Joey: Morning, Paul.
早上好,保罗。
Rachel: Hello, Paul.
你好,保罗。
Chandler: Hi. Paul, is it?
嗨,保罗,对吗?
Paul: Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢你!太感谢你了!
Monica: You stop.
不要这样!
Paul: No, I’m telling you last night was like umm, all my birthdays, both graduations, plus the barn raising scene in Witness.
注释:barn raising scene in Witness:电影《目击者》中的场景,合力盖谷仓的欢乐场景。
不,我给你说,昨晚就好像我所有的生日、两个毕业典礼再加上电影《目击者》中的大家合力盖谷仓的欢乐场景。
Monica: We’ll talk later.
我们回头再聊。
Paul: Thank you.
好的,谢谢你。

老友记.本章节注释

lizard:蜥蜴。
brackety: bracket的形容词,支架样的。
Steer clear of you.离你远一点。
mento:曼妥思糖。
on a roll:做得很顺,连续获胜。
omelet:煎蛋卷。
Lenny and Squigy:出自《Laverne and Shirley》,两人是很好的朋友,常在一起。
barn raising scene in Witness:电影《目击者》中的场景,合力盖谷仓的欢乐场景。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!