Friends Episode 9 Season 1: The one Where Underdog Gets Away.
注释: Underdog:《超狗任务》是根据美国家喻户晓的同名经典电视卡通改编,由弗雷德里克·杜周导演、由杰森·李、艾历克斯·纽伯格等主演的一部科幻喜剧类电影。影片讲述了一只从警队淘汰的小米格鲁狗因为意外的破坏了一次实验而具有了超能力,开始了一段拯救世界的旅程。
老友记第1季第9集:超人狗气球飞走了。
Rachel: Terry, I, I, I know that I haven’t worked here very long, but I was wondering, do you think it would be possible if I got a $100 advance on my salary?
Terry,我,我知道我在这儿干的时间并不长,但我在想您是否能预支给我100美元薪水?
Terry: An advance?
预支?
Rachel: It’s so that I can spend Thanksgiving with my family. See, every year we go skiing in Vail, and normally my father pays for my ticket, but I sort of started the whole independence thing, you know, which is actually why I took this “job”.
这样我才能和家里人共度感恩节。你看,每年我们全家都去韦尔滑雪,通常都是我父亲为我出票钱,但是我现在已经开始学习独立,恩,这实际上也是我在这里干的原因。
Terry: Rachel, Rachel, sweetheart. You’re a terrible, terrible waitress. Really, really awful.
Rachel,Rachel,亲爱的。你是一位非常,非常糟糕的服务员。真的,真的糟糕透顶。
Rachel: OK, I, I hear what you’re saying. I’m with you. Um, but I, but I’m trying really hard. And I think I’m doing better. I really do. Does anybody need coffee? Look at that.
好吧,我,我明白您的意思,我同意您说的。但是我,我一直都很努力,并觉得自己做得越来越好。真的!有人需要咖啡吗?
Rachel: Excuse me, sir. Hi, you come in here all the time. I was just wondering, do you think there’s a possibility that you could give me an advance on my tips? OK, OK, that’s fine. Fine. Hey, I’m sorry about that spill before. Only $98.50 to go.
打扰一下,先生。恩,您是这里的老顾客了。不知道您是否能考虑预支一点小费给我?好,好,算我没说。对不起刚才把咖啡溅到你身上。还差98块5。
Monica: Hey. Ross, did you know Mom and Dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?
嗨,嗨,Ross,你知道老爸老妈要去波多黎各过感恩节吗?
Ross: What? No, they’re not.
不,他们不会。
Monica: Yes,they are, the Blymens invited them.
他们要去。Blymen一家邀请了他们。
Ross: You’re wrong.
你乱讲。
Monica: I am not wrong.
我没有乱讲。
Ross: You’re wrong.
你就是在乱讲。
Monica: No, I just talked to them.
不,我刚和他们通过电话。
Ross: I’m calling Mom.
我去打给妈妈。
Joey: Hey, hey.
嘿,嘿。
Chandler: Hey.
嘿。
Phoebe: Hey.
嘿。
Chandler: And this is from the cry-for-help department. Are you wearing makeup?
注释: cry-for-help department:的意思捏就是说,Joey的‘妆容’有吓到他,于是他以“呼救”部门的名义说:你是不是化妆了?!
这是来自于”呼救”部门。你是不是化妆了?
Joey: Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model.
是的。从今天起,我的正式身份就是Joey Tribbiani,演员兼模特。
Chandler: That’s so funny, ’cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman.
真有趣,因为我正想说:你看起来更像Joey Tribbiani,男人兼女人。
Phoebe: What were you modeling for?
你给什么当模特?
Joey: You know those posters for the city free clinic?
你知道那些市立免费诊所的海报吗?
Monica: Oh, wow, so you’re gonna be one of those “healthy, healthy, healthy guys”?
噢,哇,那你不就成了那些”健康健康健康家族”中的一员了吗?
Phoebe: You know, the asthma guy was really cute.
注释: asthma:气喘,哮喘。
那个哮喘病人还真可爱。
Chandler: Do you know which one you’re gonna be?
你知道你要扮演哪一个吗?
Joey: No, but I hear lyme disease is open, so you know
注释: lyme:莱姆病(由扁虱叮咬而出现麻疹、发烧等症状的一种传染性疾病)。
不知道,但是我听说莱姆病还没人演,所以 …
Chandler: Good luck, man. I hope you get it.
祝你好运,老兄。我希望你能录取(染上).
Joey: Thanks.
谢谢。
Ross: Well, you were right. How can they do this to us, huh? It’s Thanksgiving.
好吧,你是对的。他们怎能抛下我们不管?这可是感恩节。
Monica: OK, I’ll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I’ll make it just like Mom’s.
好,我提议。我在我那儿做顿大餐,怎么样?我会做得和妈妈的一样。
Ross: Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?
你会做那种有块状的土豆呢吗?
Monica: You know, they’re not actually supposed to have…I’ll work on the lumps. Joey, you’re going home, right?
可是,土豆泥不应该有…我做土豆块。Joey,你要回家,是吗?
Joey: Yeah.
没错。
Monica: And I assume, Chandler, you are still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays.
注释: boycott:联合抵制,抵制(货物等),拒绝参加。
我猜Chandler,你还在抵制所有清教?徒的节日。
Chandler: Yes, every single one of them.
当然,每一个。
Monica: Phoebe, you’re gonna be with your grandma?
Phoebe,你要和你奶奶一起过?
Phoebe: Yes, and her boyfriend. But we’re celebrating Thanksgiving in December ’cause he is lunar.
是的,还有她的男朋友。但我们12月过,因为他过阴历的。
Monica: So you’re free Thursday, then.
那么,你星期四有空了。
Phoebe: Yeah. Oh, can I come?
是的。噢,我能来吗?
Monica: Yeah. Rach, are you thinking you’re gonna make it to Vail?
当然。 Rach,你还是决定去韦尔吗?
Rachel: Absolutely. Shoop, shoop, shoop. Only a hundred and two dollars to go.
没错。”咻,咻,咻!”还差102元就够了。
Chandler: I thought it was $98.50.
我记得刚才不还是98块5。
Rachel: Yeah, well it was. I, I broke a cup.
没错,但我又摔了一个杯子。
Ross: Well, I’m off to Carol’s.
我到Carol那里去。
Phoebe: Ooh, ooh! Why don’t we invite her?
哦,哦!我们干嘛不叫上她?
Ross: Ooh, ooh. Because she’s my ex-wife, and will probably want to bring her, ooh, ooh, lesbian life partner.
“哦,哦”。因为她是我的前妻,而且她可能还想带上她的,”哦,哦”,同性恋爱人!
Ross: Hi, is uh, is Carol here?
Hi,Carol在吗?
Susan: No, she’s at a faculty meeting.
注释: faculty:全体教职员。
她在学校开会。
Ross: Oh, I uh, just came by to pick up my skull. Well, not mine, but…
噢,我过来是来拿我的头骨的。嗯,不是我的,但是……
Susan: Come in.
进来!
Ross: Thanks. Yeah, Carol borrowed it for a class, and I have to get it back to the museum.
谢谢。是这样,Carol借走上课用的,我现在得还给博物馆。
Susan: What’s it look like?
它是什么样子?
Ross: Kinda like a big face without skin.
就像一张没有皮的大脸。
Susan: Yes, I’m familiar with the concept. We can just look for it.
我清楚头骨的概念。我们来找找看。
Ross: OK.
好吧。
Ross: Wow, you guys sure have a lot of books about being a lesbian.
哇,你们有这么多讲女同性恋的书。
Susan: Well, you know, you have to take a course. Otherwise, they don’t let you do it.
嗯,你知道的,你必须修一门课程。否则,他们不让你当同性恋。
Ross: Hey, hey, Yertle the Turtle. A classic.
注释: Yertle the Turtle:《乌龟耶尔特》。目之能及之处,最远有多远?乌龟国王耶尔特坚信,他目光所及的一切就等同于他统治的疆域。以池塘边的石头为宝座,目力所及只有池塘,所见的范围极小,自然他的统治范围也小得可怜。耶尔特扩充疆域的唯一办法就是站得高看得远,但是当他还在叫嚣着建筑一个由五千,五千六百零七只乌龟堆起的宝座,他脚下两百只乌龟堆起的宝座已经岌岌可危了。
嘿,嘿,《乌龟耶尔特》。经典。
Susan: Actually, I’m reading it to the baby.
没错,我现在在念给宝宝听。
Ross: The uh, the baby that hasn’t been born yet? Wouldn’t that mean you’re…crazy?
噢,那个还没出生的宝宝?你这不是 … 疯了?
Susan: What, you don’t think they can hear sounds in there?
什么,你觉得宝宝在里面听不到声音?
Ross: You’re not serious, I mean, you really…you really talk to it?
少来,我的意思是,你真的,真的和宝宝说话吗?
Susan: Yeah, all the time. I want the baby to know my voice.
当然,经常说。我要让宝宝认得我的声音。
Ross: Oh that’s just…Do you just uh, do you talk about me?
那太……,你提到过我吗?
Susan: Yeah, yeah, all the time.
有的,常事。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Susan: But um, we just refer to you as Bobo the Sperm Guy.
注释: Bobo:专门给儿童制作的动画版sex education video中的主角精?子叫作Bobo, 该视频用于教育儿童受精卵的形成过程。
但是,嗯,我们称你为提供精?子的家伙。
Ross: Look, if she’s talking to it, I just think that I should get some belly time too. Not that I believe any of this.
不行,如果她和宝宝说话,那我也应该有一些”肚子谈话时间”。但这不表示我相信这个。
Phoebe: Oh, I believe it. I think the baby can totally hear everything.
噢,我相信。我觉得宝宝什么都能听见。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Phoebe: I can show you. OK, this will seem a little weird. Look, but you put your head inside this turkey, and then we’ll all talk, and you’ll hear everything we say.
我可以演示给你看。可能会有点怪异,你把头放在这只火鸡里面然后大伙儿说话,你肯定能听到我们说什么。
Chandler: I’d just like to say that I’m totally behind this experiment. In fact, I’d very much like to butter your head.
我想说我完全赞成这个实验。而且,我还非常想把你的脑袋涂上黄油。
Monica: Hey, Rach, did you make your money?
嘿,瑞秋,钱够没?
Rachel: No, not even close. Forget Vail, forget seeing my family, forget shoop, shoop, shoop.
没有,还差远了。忘掉韦尔吧,忘掉家庭团聚吧,忘掉”咻,咻,咻”吧。
Monica: Rach, here’s your mail.
Rach,你的信。
Rachel: Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica: No, here’s your mail.
不,这是你的信。
Rachel: Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica: would you just open it?
你把它打开不行吗?
老友记.本章节注释
注释: Underdog:《超狗任务》是根据美国家喻户晓的同名经典电视卡通改编,由弗雷德里克·杜周导演、由杰森·李、艾历克斯·纽伯格等主演的一部科幻喜剧类电影。影片讲述了一只从警队淘汰的小米格鲁狗因为意外的破坏了一次实验而具有了超能力,开始了一段拯救世界的旅程。
注释: cry-for-help department:的意思捏就是说,Joey的‘妆容’有吓到他,于是他以“呼救”部门的名义说:你是不是化妆了?!
注释: asthma:气喘,哮喘。
注释: lyme:莱姆病(由扁虱叮咬而出现麻疹、发烧等症状的一种传染性疾病)。
注释: boycott:联合抵制,抵制(货物等),拒绝参加。
注释: faculty:全体教职员。
注释: Yertle the Turtle:《乌龟耶尔特》。目之能及之处,最远有多远?乌龟国王耶尔特坚信,他目光所及的一切就等同于他统治的疆域。以池塘边的石头为宝座,目力所及只有池塘,所见的范围极小,自然他的统治范围也小得可怜。耶尔特扩充疆域的唯一办法就是站得高看得远,但是当他还在叫嚣着建筑一个由五千,五千六百零七只乌龟堆起的宝座,他脚下两百只乌龟堆起的宝座已经岌岌可危了。
注释: Bobo:专门给儿童制作的动画版sex education video中的主角精?子叫作Bobo, 该视频用于教育儿童受精卵的形成过程。