I put socialism on the government walls.
我在政♥府♥的墙上画社♥会♥主♥义♥
I’ve got the fascists calling me
我曾经让法♥西♥斯♥称呼我
the most dangerous subversive in the country,
是这个国家里最危险的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
and I’m the traitor to the party?
我是这党的叛变分子吗?
Soon we’lI have no one left to drink with.
很快就会没有什么人 和我们一起喝酒了
It’s not funny.
这可不好笑
I’m not kidding.
我可没有开玩笑
Tina says they’ll kick you out of the party
蒂娜说他们会为了宫廷里的壁画
for the Palace mural.
把你从党里赶出去
They won’t have to. I quit.
他们不需要这么做 我自己不干了
So you’ll quit and keep on working.
那你会停止不干 然后继续工作
That’s all that matters to you anyway.
这就是你唯一关心的
I’ve been offered a show in New York.
他们给我一个在纽约展出的机会
A solo exhibition at the new Modern Museum.
是在个新的现代博物馆里的个人作品展
It would be a wonderful entree.
那会是很棒的展览
I could get commissions out of it.
我可以得到很好的佣金
I thought you’d be excited.
我原想你会很兴奋的
They don’t care that you’re a Communist pig?
他们不在乎你是什么共♥产♥党的猪?
They can’t afford to.
他们支持不起
All the greatest painters are Communist pigs.
所有伟大的画家都是共♥产♥党的猪
That’s wonderful, Diego.
这真是太好了 迭戈
When do you leave?
你什么时候走?
As soon as you decide to come with me.
你一决定和我一起走就走
Oh, my little monster!
我的小妖怪!
We’ll take Gringolandia by storm.
我们会在暴风雪中占领格林格兰蒂亚
Dear Cristi,
亲爱的克里斯蒂
the invasion of Gringolandia has begun.
对格林格兰蒂亚的入侵已经开始
They are never gonna know what hit them.
他们决不会知道是谁打了他们
New York has Diego on fire.
迭戈正风靡美国
What’s your impression of New York, Mr. Rivera?
你对纽约的印象如何 里维拉先生?
Magnificent.
真宏伟
There is no reason why any artist born
没有什么道理
in our two continents should go to Europe for inspiration.
让那些美洲的艺术家 去欧洲为了灵感而做旅行
It is all here…
这里什么都有了…
the might, the power, the energy.
威力 力量 能量
The sadness.
悲伤
The glory and youthfulness of our American lands.
在美国的土地充满了光荣和勃勃生机
I see the majesty that Diego sees.
我看到了和迭戈一样看到的雄伟
But all that American comfort is a myth.
但是所有美国式的舒适只是个神话
While the rich drink their coctelitos,
当富人们喝着美酒
thousands are starving.
数以万计的人们却正在挨饿
Diego is working almost constantly
迭戈为了画展
to prepare for his show,
持续的工作着
so I have to find ways to entertain myself.
因此我也需要找到些什么 来打发自己
Breaking all records,
打破了所有的记录
over 50,000 people have lined up
超过50 000的人
outside New York’s new Museum of Modern Art
在新艺术博物馆的外面
to see the paintings of Mexico’s greatest artist…
为了欣赏伟大的墨西哥画家…
Diego Rivera…
迭戈 里维拉的作品…
the most-talked-about man this side of the Rio Grande.
一个格兰德河两岸最常被人提起的名字
Senor Diego Rivera!
迭戈 里维拉先生!
The gringos are friendly enough,
外国佬非常的友好
but the most important thing in Gringolandia
但是在格林格兰蒂亚最重要的事情
is to have ambition…
是要有野心…
to succeed in becoming somebody.
要去成为名人
And the somebodies
而那些名人
are the only ones that interest them.
才能吸引他们的视线
I despise this pretension.
不过我可不这样想
This big shit interests me not at all.
那根本影响不了我什么
Of course, Diego loves it.
当然迭戈对此兴趣浓厚
He’s like a big Mexican piNata with enough candy for everyone.
他就象一个来自墨西哥的圣诞老人 带来了给所有人的糖果
Everything about this country inspires him.
这个国家的一切都让他兴奋
Two loose eggs, hot cinnamon bun,
两个鸡蛋 面包圈
two black coffees… anything else?
两杯咖啡 还要些别的吗?
That’s fine. Thank you.
可以了 谢谢
Okay.
好的
Are you guys ready? Hmm?
你们准备好了? 恩?
Well…
好的
I never thought I’d hear myseIf say this
我从来没有想到我会对你说这个
but you were better than your husband.
但是你你比你的丈夫出色
You weren’t upset about that, were you?
这么说你不会厌烦吧 是不是?
I mean he… he said you wouldn’t be.
我是说他… 他说你再也不会
Oh, he did, did he?
他这么说了 是吗?
Well, you weren’t the first, and you won’t be the last.
当然 你不是第一个 也不会是最后一个
Why do you put up with it?
那你为什么容忍♥他?
Look, Diego’s how he is,
你看 迭戈就是这样的
and that’s how I love him.
因为如此我才爱他
I cannot love him for what he’s not.
如果他不是这样的人 我也不会爱上他
Anyway
不管怎么样
my sweet Gracie
我亲爱的格蕾丝
I get along just fine.
我们相处得很好
Congratulations. Thank you.
恭喜你 谢谢
Over here. Can we get your picture?
这里 我们能看到你的画吗?
Mr. Rivera.
里维拉先生
That’s a lot of wall. It’s all there is.
这是一面很大的墙 一直是这样子
Gentlemen, please. Please, I have to get back to work.
先生们 我要开始工作
I’m sorry.
对不起
Thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢 非常感谢
Are you a painter too, Mrs. Rivera?
里维拉夫人 您也绘画吗?
No. Just killing time.
不 只是消磨时光
She’s much better than me.
她画的可比我好
You’ll see.
你会见到的
What did the doctor say?
医生对你说了什么?
He might be able to improve the pain,
他或许能减少些痛苦
but the bones would have to be reset.
但骨骼必须重新调整
The usual speech. I know it by heart.
通常的废话 我早知道的废话
I’m pregnant.
我怀孕了
Can your body take it?
你的身体能够支持吗?
If it can take you, it can take a little Dieguito.
既然能够支撑你 那么就可以支持一个小迭戈
No, no, Frida.
不 不 弗里达
He’s not very optimistic.
医生不是很乐观
This is not
这可不是
I-I c-can’t bear to think of you in pain.
我不能想象你要忍♥受那么多痛苦
I’m used to pain.
我已经习惯疼痛了
This is not
这不一样
I’m not a good example of
我可不是一个好例子
It’s not a good time.
也不是一个好时间
There’s the Rockefeller commission.
还有洛克菲勒公♥司♥委托的工作
Detroit. Chicago.
底特律 芝加哥
All that traveling.
这些旅行
No, it’s… it’s too much.
不 那…实在是太多了
You really want this baby, Frida?
你真的想要这个孩子吗 弗里达?
I do.
是的
All right.
好吧
All right?
好的?
All right, let’s try and have this baby.
好 我们试着生下这个孩子
Shh, shh, shh. Listen, listen.
听 听
He’s reciting The Communist Manifesto.
他在朗诵”共♥产♥党宣言”
She’s lost a lot of blood.
她出了很多的血
I want to see her!
我要见她!
She needs to sleep.
她需要休息
You should go home and try and get some rest.
你应该回家好好休息
Frida!
弗里达!
You should be in bed, Mrs. Rivera.
您应该在床上休息 里维拉夫人
The baby came out in pieces.
孩子流产了
Come with me. Let’s go back to bed.
跟我来 回到床上去吧
It never formed properly.
再没可能顺利生产了
We can try again, but you must rest.
我们可以再试的 但你必须休息
Mrs. Rivera… But he’s my son.
里维拉夫人 但他是我的儿子
Mrs. Rivera.
里维拉夫人