也许这一切,最终都是一场梦。
Spooky, spooky, spooky.
诡异,诡异,诡异。
Would you like a drink?
你想喝点什么吗?
Ooh. No. Thank you.
哦。不用。谢谢您!
Well, I’m going to have one, ’cause I need one.
好吧,我要来一杯,因为我需要这个。
Ja.
是的。
Are you sure?
你确定不喝?
Whiskey.
威士忌。
Whiskey it is. Whiskey, ja.
威士忌好啊。威士忌,好的。
-Thank you. -Ja.
-谢谢你。 -不客气。
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
“所有我们看见的,或似乎看见的,都不过是梦境中的一个梦。”
Edgar Allan Poe wrote that.
埃德加·爱伦·坡写的诗句。
(19世纪美国诗人、小说家和文学评论家)
And he went mad,so you be careful.
结果他疯了,所以,你要小心。
Ja.
是的。
Calm.
平静一下。
So, tell me, was it your parents
who injected you with this fairy tale of faith?
所以,告诉我,是你的父母,给你注入了信仰的童话吗?
No.
不是。
My faith ended with my childhood.
我的信仰,随着我的童年而终结。
I buried it with my mother.She died when I was young.
我把它与我妈妈一起埋葬了。她在我年轻的时候,就去世了。
Ah.
啊。
Go on.
继续。
My father was consumed with grief,
父亲悲痛欲绝,
unable to process it, or to take ours into account.
无法承受,也无法考虑,我们的感受。
His only solution was to send us off to England for boarding school.
他唯一的解决办法,就是送我们去英格兰寄宿学校。
It was perhaps my life’s greatest trauma.
这可能是我一生中,最大的创伤。
More so than the war.
比在战争中受到的,更严重。
It was all sea and islands now.
现在,这成了汪♥洋♥大海中的岛屿。
A great continent had sunk, like Atlantis.
一个伟大的大♥陆♥,就像亚特兰蒂斯一样,沉没了。
Jack, can’t wait for you to see this.
杰克,我都等不及,让你看到这个了。
On my next birthday, my brother, Warren,
在我的下一个生日,我的哥哥沃伦,
gave me the most wonderful present I’d ever been given.
给了我有史以来,最精彩的礼物。
A new world.
一个新的世界。
A toy forest he created in a biscuit tin.
他在饼干筒里,创造的玩具森林。
I thought it was the most beautiful thing I’d seen.
我当时认为,那是我见过的,最漂亮的东西。
Moss, twigs, tiny stones, flowers.
苔藓,树枝,小石头,花朵。
The moment I saw it,
就在我看到它的那一刻,
it created a yearning…
它产生了一种向往…
I never felt before.
我以前从未有过,这种感受。
I called that feeling joy.
我把这种感觉,叫做快乐。
I still do.
我至今如此。
Ja. And do you think that was an inherent desire for a creator?
你认为,这是你内在的,对造物主的渴望吗?
-Yes. -Ja.
-是的。 -好吧。
You said you were led to joy by a biscuit box.
你说,你被一个饼干筒,弄得很快乐。
Or a biscuit tin.Is that correct?
或者说,饼干锡罐。对吗?
Thank you.
谢谢你。
-Ja. -Yes.
-喝吧。 -是的。
Ah. Interesting.
啊,有意思。
Prost.
祝健康。
Yes, our deepest cravings are never satisfied, are they?
是的,我们内心深处的渴望,永远得不到满足,不是吗?
Or even identified.
或者,不能被认定。
See, in German,it is called “Sehnsucht.”
在德语里,这叫做Sehnsucht。
Means “longing.”
意思是“渴望,思念”。
I experienced that longing,that desire,when I was a young boy.
当我还是个小男孩的时候,我经历过那种渴望,那种渴望。
The strong desire to walk in the woods.
在树林里散步的强烈愿望。
Sigmund!
希格蒙德!
Sigmund, stoppen!
希格蒙德,别跑!
Sigmund!
希格蒙德!
I was never frightened.
我一点儿都不怕。
I was never sad that my father had vanished or disappeared,
我从不为父亲不见了,或失踪而悲伤,
because finally I was alone in the dark woods.
因为最后,只有我一个人,在黑暗的树林里。
Those dark forests…
在那片黑暗的树林中…
to which I’d always been drawn.
我一直被吸引着。
Where I was most at peace with myself and with the world.
在那里,我自己和外部世界,是最平静的。
Ja.
就这样。
Ah.
啊。
Would that my father had walked in the woods with me.
要是我父亲和我一起,在那树林里散步,该有多好。
Thus your search for a divine father figure.
因此,你寻找了一个,“神圣父亲般”的人物。
If anything,it made me determined to avoid father figures.
如果那样的话,这让我下定决心,避免想起父亲的各种样子。
A normal father-son relationship.
一种正常的父子关系。
A boy’s love, worship and adoration for the father
男孩对父亲的爱、崇拜和因崇拜,
transformed into a recognition of the father’s imperfections
转化为对父亲不完美的承认,
and into an even stronger desire to displace and kill the old bastard.
并转化为一种更强烈的欲望,即取代和杀死那个“老混♥蛋♥”。
Right?
对吗?
And your relationship with your own father?
那你和你父亲的关系如何?
Ah…
啊…
Well, at best, it was a…
好吧,最多也就是…
bitter disappointment.
痛苦的失望。
Same anger you feel toward a God that does nothing.
就像你对,什么都不做的上帝,感到愤怒一样。
The wish that God doesn’t exist
希望上帝不存在的愿望
can be just as powerful as the belief he does.
和上帝存在的信念一样强大。
Ah. Good.
啊,说得好。
Gas mask.
防毒面具。
-I can’t breathe in this. -Come on!
-我都无法呼吸了。 -快走吧!
-I can’t go on. -Well, I’m not leaving you.
-我跑不动了。 -我不会离开你的。
-Don’t be a fool.-Give me your arm.
-你别犯傻了。 -我搀着你走。
Let go of my arm.I’m all right.
放开我的胳膊。我能走。
-Come on. -I’m all right!
-快点吧。 -我没事!
All right.
没事的。
Down to the cellar, please.
请下到地下室。
This way to the cellar.
地下室,走这里。
Keep moving.
别停下。
Keep moving.Down to the cellar. Thank you.
继续前进。到地下室去。谢谢你!
Come on.
来吧。
Professor Lewis?
刘易斯教授?
Are you all right?
你没事吧?
You were in the war, ja? In the war?
你参战过,对吗? 上次大战?
-Infantry. -Breathe in.
-我是步兵。 -吸气。
Deep breath in, ja? Focus on me, ja.
深呼吸,好吗? 看着我,对了。
Focus on me. Focus on me.
看着我。看着我。
There. Breathe in.
在那里。吸气。
Breathe out.
呼气。
Breathe in.
吸气。
Breathe out.
呼气。
That’s good. Good.
很好。很好。
False alarm. We’re all clear.
误警报。我们没事了。
Dare I say that you look rather at home?
我敢说,你看起来很自如?
Ah. It’s called art appreciation.
啊。这叫做艺术欣赏。
For me, it is like studying cave painting. Who is that?
对我来说,这就像研究洞穴壁画。那画的是什么?
God pronouncing to Joshua that he’s delivered Jericho,
prior to it happening.
在耶利哥围城战发生之前,上帝向约书亚宣告,他已经把耶利哥城,交给了他。
Ja?
是吗?
The story of the Good Samaritan.
这是一个好的撒玛利亚人的故事。
And?
还有呢?
St. Roch and his leg.
圣洛奇和他的腿。
-And his dog. -Oh.
-还有他的狗。 -哦。
This?
这幅呢?
I’m afraid I haven’t a clue.
恐怕,我也不知道。
St. Brigid.
圣女彼济达。
Patron saint of nuns.
修女的守护神。
-No, it is not St. Brigid. -Who is it then?
-不,那不是圣女彼济达。 -那是谁?
Saint Dymphna.You should know that.
圣女戴芙娜。你应该知道。
(传说是神经病、疯病患者的守护圣人)
Thank you, Father.
不好意思了,神父。
Return to your homes. False alarm.
回到你们的家里去,刚才是误警报。
Apologies. There are no bombs.
很抱歉,并没有轰炸。
What? I don’t understand.
什么?我就搞不明白了。
“Apologies. There are no bombs.”
“很抱歉,没有发生轰炸。”
Ja?
可笑吗?
What would he do if there were? Send sympathy cards?
如果发生了,他会怎么做?寄慰问卡吗?
Ja.
是的。
This is how we forget.