或能力。
Or both.I don’t know.
或两者皆是。我不知道。
You don’t know.
你不知道。
Well, finally, finally, finally.
那好,最后,最后,最后。
We’re making progress.
我们正在取得进展。
What if God wants to perfect us through suffering?
如果上帝想通过苦难,来成全我们呢?
Make us realize that happiness,
让我们意识到幸福,
real happiness,eternal happiness,
真正的幸福,永恒的幸福,
can only come through him.
只能通过 他。
If… If pleasure is his whisper,
如果…如果,快乐是 他 的低声细语,
pain is his megaphone.
痛苦,是 他 的大声警告。
Oh, ja.
哦,是的。
Yes.
是的。
Well, I’m sure that the cherubic little altar boy,Adolf Hitler,
那我相信,那个天使般可爱的祭坛男童助手,阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥,
who served in his church every Sunday morning,
他每个礼拜天早晨,都去他的教堂服务。
I’m sure he’d agree with you.Ja. Absolutely. Totally.
我相信,他一定会同意你的观点。是的。绝对的。完全的。
I’m afraid I cannot agree with you.
恐怕,我不能同意,你的看法。
We speak different languages.
我们说不到一起。
You know, you believe in revelation. Fine.
你说过,你相信启示。很好。
I believe in science and the authority of reason.
我相信,科学和理性的权威。
There’s no common ground.
我们没有共同点。
There is also the dictatorship of pride.
你这是,骄傲的独♥裁♥。
Why does religion make room for science,
为什么宗教可以,为科学腾出空间,
but science refuses to make room for religion?
而科学却拒绝,为宗教腾出空间?
Oh, please. You’re breaking my heart.
哦,拜托你。你伤透了我的心。
How capacious and comfortable was Galileo’s soul
当伽利略告诉教皇,太阳并不是绕着地球转的时候,
when he told the Pope that the sun does not move around the world,
他的心胸,是多么的宽广和舒适,
but the other way?
但反过来呢?
The stupidity of church leaders is an easy target.
愚蠢的教会领袖,会很容易成为靶子的。
Precisely! ‘Cause they hide behind their ignorance.
没错!因为他们躲在无知的背后。
You hide behind your ignorance! I hide behind mine!
你躲在你的无知后面!我躲在我的后面!
We all do from time to time. So…
我们都不时地这样做。所以…
‘Cause we’re human.
因为我们是人类。
‘Cause we have lost our nerve and our confidence in ourselves.
因为,我们已经失去了勇气和自信。
How often do we say to ourselves, “God is a mystery.
我们多少次对自己说:“上帝是一个奥秘。
He… We are small,he is mighty.
“他… 我们是渺小的,他 是万能的。
It is written by God.It is God’s plan.”
这是 上帝写的。这是 上帝的计划。”
Ja, I’ll show you something.
是的,我要给你看个东西。
God’s plan.
上帝的计划。
That was…
那曾是…
That was my daughter.
那曾是我的女儿。
Sophie.
苏菲。
She… She was the apple of my eye.
她…她曾是我的掌上明珠。
And she died from the Spanish influenza at 27-years-old.
她死于西班牙流感,享年27岁。
She was a mother.
她那时已经是一个母亲了。
And a wife.
还是一个妻子。
And my little grandson.
还有我的小外孙。
He was plucked from us.
他被从我们身边拉走。
Killed by tuberculosis at the age of five.
五岁时,死于肺结核。
Five years.
才五岁。
Ja.
是的。
What a wonderful plan for God…
这是上帝的一个多么美妙的计划啊…
to kill a little boy.
杀死一个小男孩。
I’ll tell you something.
我告诉你一件事。
I wish that cancer had eaten into my brain instead of my cheek and my jaw,
我真希望癌症吞噬的是我的大脑,而不是我的脸颊和下巴,
so that I could hallucinate God and seek my bloody vengeance on him.
这样我就能幻想出上帝,向他复仇。
Bloody hypocrites!
血腥的伪君子!
There’s so much pain in this world.
这个世界上,有太多的痛苦。
And that is God’s plan?
这就是上帝的计划吗?
It’s the same fantasy I always have.
这是我一直拥有的幻想。
We are on horseback.
我们骑在马上。
His family hates mine.
他的家人讨厌我的家人。
He’s avenging them.
他在为他们报仇。
I cannot escape.
我逃不掉。
The knight is coming closer. Closer.
骑士越来越近了。越来越近了。
Then he kisses me…
然后,他吻了我…
everywhere I am bleeding.
我全身都在流血。
His face to mine.
他的脸对着我。
His lips near my lips,
他的嘴唇靠近我的嘴唇,
red and dripping.
充满着鲜红。
He whispers…
他低声道…
“Tell me your family secrets.”
“告诉我,你的家庭秘密。”
How advanced is your cancer?
你的癌症发展到什么程度了?
It is inoperable.
没法治了。
And it’s only a matter of time.
这只是时间问题。
How much time?
还剩多少时间?
That is for me to decide.
那是,由我来决定的。
Dr. Schur and I have a pact.
舒尔医生和我有个协定。
And don’t you look at me like that, Professor Lewis.
别那样看着我,刘易斯教授。
I know what you people think of suicide, that it is wrong,
我知道你们对自杀的看法,那是错误的,
and it is a sin.
是一种罪恶。
-It is. -Ja.
-是的。 -好吧。
Look in there.
看看这里。
You see, hell’s already arrived.
你看,地狱已经到了。
-Have you told your wife? -No.
-你告诉你妻子了吗? -不。
She shares your superstitions.
她和你一样迷信。
Anna?
安娜?
Anna? No, she knows I’m going to die, ja.
安娜?不,她知道我要死了,是的。
That you’re planning to kill yourself?
你打算自杀吗?
No. Why should I cause her pain?
不。我为什么要让她痛苦?
You’re protecting her,or you’re afraid she’d talk you out of it?
你在保护她,或者你害怕,她会说服你?
You really are persistent,aren’t you?
你真的很执着,不是吗?
A true convert,like a reformed alcoholic.
一个真正的皈依者,就像一个改过自新的酒鬼。
You have any more questions?
你还有问题吗?
‘Cause I’m tired.
我有点累了。
Yes,
有,
actually.
说实际的。
It’s all right.
就停这吧。
-Is Anna married? -No.
-安娜结婚了吗? -没有。
I’m surprised.
我很惊讶。
It is not an easy task for any of us to choose the right mate.
选择合适的伴侣,对我们任何人来说,都不是一件容易的事。
You mean for Anna to choose.
你的意思是,为安娜,你去选择。
Do you have a question for me,Professor Lewis?
你有问题要问我吗,刘易斯教授?
Dr. Jones today…
今天的琼斯博士…
Dr. Ernest Jones?
欧内斯特·琼斯博士?
Yes. He asked to see Anna,not you.
是的。他说要见安娜,不是你。
He did?
他说了?
Yes.
是的。
But why would she need a mate when she has all the stimulation she needs?
但为什么,当她有她有了她需要的所有刺♥激♥的时候,还要找一个伴侣?
-Do you have a question for me? -Yes, is she seeing someone?
-你有问题要问我吗? -是的,她在和别人约会吗?
Man, woman, both?
男人,女人,或者都是?
Since we’re intrinsically bisexual.
因为,我们天生就是双性恋。
With her teaching and her practice,she has no time for relationships.
由于她的教学和实践,她没有时间谈恋爱。
Except for you.
除了为你之外。
Well, you’re very fortunate.
嗯,你很幸运。
Especially, considering she’s the only person
that you’ll permit to touch your mouth.
特别是,考虑到她是唯一一个,你允许触摸你的嘴的人。
She’s a professional.
她是专业的。
A physician?
一名医生?
I told you, she’s a member of the Psychoanalytic Society.
我告诉过你,她是“精神分♥析♥学会”的成员。
Don’t members need to be doctors?
成为会员,不是需要博士头衔吗?
Well, there’s special cases.
但也得考虑,破例的情况。
He takes my hand,
他拿起我的手,
makes me touch him.
让我触摸他。
There…
那里…
and there.
还有那里。
Anna presented a paper that was very well-received.
安娜提交的论文很受欢迎。
It must’ve been.What was the subject?
一定会是这样的。它的主题是什么?
Hmm?
嗯?
Sadomasochistic fantasies.
关于施虐受虐的幻想。
I escape,but the knight is too strong.
我逃了出来,但骑士太强大了。