“我穿过这个世界上的荒野,我偶然来到了一个地方,发现了一个洞穴,
我躺下,想睡上一觉,当我睡着时,我做了一个梦。”
…约翰.班扬。
God the Creator…
造物者上帝…
I want once again to be a prophet.
我想要再一次,成为先知。
If the international Finance-Jewry inside and outside of Europe should
如果国际金融犹太集团,在欧洲内外
succeed in plunging the peoples of the earth once again into a world war,
想方设法地把全球各国人♥民♥,再次卷入一场世界大战,
the result will be not the Bolshevization of earth,
那么它的结果,将不会是,由于全球的“布尔什维克化”,
and thus a Jewish victory,
所招致的犹太人的胜利,
but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe.
而是“犹太人”这一种族,在欧洲的毁灭。
1939年九月3日,伦敦
1939年九月3日,伦敦
德国入侵波兰两天后
Oh!
噢!
The doctor lives.
我这个博士,还活着呢。
“The doctor lives.”
“博士永生。”
Ja.
是的。
Just call him.Tell him you can’t come.
给他打电♥话♥。告诉他,你去不了。
London’ll be bedlam.
伦敦将陷入混乱中。
No one tells a man like him anything.
像他这种人,没人能和他说得上话。
But today is dangerous.
但今天有危险。
Stay here with me,and we’ll wait for news.
跟我呆在这里,我们等消息。
Bad news will find you anywhere.
坏消息,你躲也躲不掉。
Don’t leave, Jack.
别走,杰克。
We’ve survived one war, Janie.
我们已从一次大战中生存了下来,詹妮。
We will again.
我们还会这样的。
Right, that’s me.
是的,我不怕。
Children’s evacuation train on platform one
一号♥站台的儿童疏散列车
will be leaving immediately. All aboard now, please.
马上就要发车了。请全体上车。
This is London.
这里是伦敦。
There is still no official response to the prime minister’s ultimatum
对于首相要求,所有入侵部队必须撤兵的最后通牒,目前对方
that all troops be withdrawn.
还没有作出正式的反应。
We’ve just received confirmation
我们刚刚收到确认
the Slovakian troops have joined the German invasion.
斯洛伐克部队,也加入了德国的入侵军队。
We return to the BBC Symphony Orchestra
until we can bring you more news.
我们现回到BBC交响乐团演奏,直到我们能为您带来更多新闻。
Uh…
呃…
I’m not going in.I called institute.
我不去上课了,我给学院打电♥话♥。
The students expect you.
学生正期盼着你。
They will be fine with a free period.
给他们自习时间,他们会很称心的。
They’ll need routine today of all days.
他们今天应像往常那样,照常上课。
I can take care of myself.
我能照顾自己。
Dr. Schur will be here with the morphine within the hour.
舒尔医生一小时内,会带着吗♥啡♥溶液过来。
Or was that yesterday? Ja.
或者该是昨天? 是的。
Also, uh,
再说了,
an Oxford don is coming here to see me,
who needs an education in punctuality.
一位牛津大学的导师,要来看我,他也需要接受,守时方面的教育。
-Who’s this? -Huh?
-是哪位? -呃?
-The Oxford don. Who is it? -Professor Lewis.
-牛津大学的导师。是谁?教授刘易斯。
C.S. Lewis.
克莱夫.斯特普尔斯.刘易斯。
(英国作家。二十世纪最重要的基♥督♥教作者之一,《纳尼亚传奇》的作者)
-The Christian apologist? -Ja.
-那个基♥督♥教作家? -是的。
He has a lot to apologize for.
他有很多事情,需要向我道歉。
Papa, I would like to bring Dorothy back with me.
爸爸,我想把多萝西带回来。
On a day like this,no one should be alone.
在这样的日子里,没有人应该独自生活。
We won’t be alone.
我们不会孤单。
I’m certain that Dorothy will be more comfortable in her own home.
我肯定,多萝西在自己家里,会更舒服。
And perhaps next week.
也许就在下周吧。
And then next week,and next week.
下周,又是下周。
How many times do I have to ask you?
我都问过你多少次了?
You remember Professor Einstein’s visit?
你还记得,爱因斯坦教授那次来访吗?
-Of course. -Ja.
-当然记得。 -好的。
A discussion about the true indication of insanity…
关于精神错乱的真正迹象的讨论…
as doing the same thing over and over and over
and over and expecting different results.
就是一遍又一遍地做同样的事情,然后期待不同的结果。
So, the surest indication of sanity…
所以,理智最可靠的迹象是…
would be the ability to change your mind.
就是改变你想法的能力。
Ja.
好的。
Professor Lewis?
刘易斯教授?
Uh, yes?
呃,是的?
-Anna Freud. -Ah!
-安娜·弗洛伊德。-啊!
-Nice to meet you. -And you.
-很高兴认识你。 —我也是。
Good luck.
祝你好运。
液体吗♥啡♥
Jofi, do you hear someone at the door?
乔菲,你听到有人敲门吗?
Jofi?
乔菲?
-Dr. Freud. -Professor Lewis.
-弗洛伊德博士。 -刘易斯教授。
I’d given you up for lost.Or dead.
我以为你不来了,或者被炸死了。
What kind of a dog is he?
他是什么样的狗?
He’s a Chow.He’s highly intelligent.
他是一只松狮犬。他非常聪明。
His name is Jofi,and he’s my personal assistant.
他叫乔菲,也是我的私人助理。
-Really? -Yes, really.
-真的? -是真的。
Ja. He stays with me through all my sessions.
是的。他在我的这段时间里,一直陪伴着我。
He’s also my emotional barometer.
他也是我的情绪晴雨表。
How so?
如何表现?
Well, if a patient is calm,
如果病人很平静,
Jofi always stretches out at my feet.
乔菲总是趴在我的脚边。
But if a patient is agitated,Jofi stands at my side
但如果病人焦虑不安,乔菲就会站在我身边,
and he never takes his eyes away from the patient.
目不转睛地看着病人。
What shall I make of his running away at the sight of me?
他一看见我就跑掉,这该怎么解释呢?
Well, he’s also a fanatic about punctuality.
只能说,他是个遵守时间者。
Come in, please.
请进。
Fortunately, for her, my wife is traveling with her cousin,
幸运的是,我妻子和她表姐一起去旅行了,
so I’ve sent out our housekeeper, Paula.
所以,我把管家保拉,也派了出去。
Paula? She’s gone.
保拉? 她不在。
I sent her out to stock up on canned goods or canned food.
我让她去采购封罐商品,或食品罐头。
Or tinned, as you say here.
或者锡封的,就像你们英国人说的。
‘Cause you must always be prepared for and expect the worst. Correct?
因为你必须做好最坏的打算。对吗?
Yes, yes, of course.
是的,当然要这样。
Yes, I’m terribly sorry for being so late.
还有,我很抱歉,我的迟到。
All the trains were filled with children
being evacuated to the countryside.
所有的火车,都载满了被疏散到乡下的孩子。
Bless them.
上帝会保佑他们的。
Ja.
是的。
I take it you’ve been listening to the radio.
我想,你一直在听广播。
Ja, ja. I always listen to the radio.
是的,是的,我一直在听广播。
I find it most convenient to be warned before getting bombed or shot.
我发现,在被轰炸或射杀之前得到警告,听广播是最方便的。
I have several engagements today,so our meeting must be brief.
我今天有几个约会,所以我们的会面,必须简短。
Ah. Well, perhaps we should postpone.
啊。也许我们应该推迟。
Postpone? Postpone until when? Tomorrow?
推迟? 推迟到什么时候? 明天吗?
Do you count on your tomorrows,Professor? ‘Cause I do not.
你对明天有信心吗,教授? 因为我不知道,我的明天会如何。
-Of course. -Of course. Ja.
-哪里的话。 -当然是这样的。
You British always say, “But of course, old chap.”
你们英国人总是说,“当然,老伙计。”
I wonder why. What does that mean?
我闹不清,这是什么意思?
I don’t know. Habit, I suppose.
我也闹不清。我想,是习惯吧。
Ja. Interesting. Habit.
是啊,有趣的习惯。
Ja.
是的。
Well, you have a wonderful home.
哦,你的家很不错啊。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
How long have you lived here?
你在这里住了多久了?
Oh. One year and four months.
哦。一年四个月。
My daughter, Anna, tried her best to replicate our home in Vienna.
我的女儿安娜,尽最大努力,复♥制♥我们在维也纳的家。
You also are not a native of this country,am I correct?
你也不是英格兰的本地人,对吗?
I was born in Belfast.
我出生在苏格兰的贝尔法斯特。
But I’ve been here since I was sent to boarding school at the age of nine.
但我从九岁被送到寄宿学校起,就一直住在英格兰。
Ja.
是的。
We all try so valiantly to leave our past
我们都勇敢地,放弃了我们的过去
and our childhood memories,do we not?
和童年的记忆,不是吗?
But they will never leave us,will they?
但它们永远不会离开我们,对吗?
Ja.
是的。
Not the sorrows of the world.
即使不是世上的悲伤。
Hmm.
嗯。
Well, I’m afraid this will…
那这恐怕也是…
never be my home.
再也不是我的家了。
No.
不是了。
Never be my Vienna.
再没有我的维也纳了。