别开玩笑了
Don’t be bloody ridiculous.
我会对爱神扬起巴掌吗
Would I raise a hand to the goddess of love
布伦达 布莱尼决定的 事没有男人可以否定
What Brenda Blaney brings together let no man put asunder!
我不是说你对我很粗暴
I didn’t say you were violent to me.
但你确实像个傻瓜 把家具扔得到处都是
But you certainly acted the fool and threw the furniture about a bit.
看看你现在的景况
Just look at the state you’re in!
-你看看 -别烦我
Really! Oh leave me alone.
单身汉总是邋遢一些 不是吗
Bachelors are supposed to be untidy aren’t they
整洁总是女人的天赋 你不是总喜欢教导我这些吗
I thought tidiness was most women’s dowry or don’t you preach that here
我们今天好像话不投机啊
Oh we are bitter today.
-怎么了 -对不起
What’s the matter I’m sorry.
我今天很糟糕 我被炒鱿鱼了
I had a bad day that’s all. I lost my job.
为什么
How
我被炒了 就这样 你想什么 是我的错吗
I got fired that’s how. What do you think I mislaid it
我只是喝了 一小杯白兰地而已
For pinching a glass of brandy.
我的老板以为 我没有把钱放进钱柜
My employer thought I wasn’t going to put the money in the till.
钱柜
Till
对 我到今天早上 为止还是一个服务员
I was working until this morning as a barman.
另外
And another thing.
我的一位好朋友 卢斯科 为我推荐了一匹好马
I was given a very good horse by a great friend of mine one Bob Rusk.
赌注是20比1 但我却没有足够的钱来投♥注♥
It came in at twenty to one and I didn’t have enough cash on me to back it.
真为你难过
I’m sorry.
屋漏偏逢下雨天
Well these things always go in threes.
我想一定还会祸不单行的
I wonder what the rest of the day has in store.
我想你能不能 和我一起共进午餐
Dinner with me I hope.
当然 我很高兴 但是
That of course would be delightful but…
我是说 当然 我请 我们去俱乐部吧
I mean of course on me. We’ll go to my club.
但我要写完这些信先
But I must finish these letters first.
这是俱乐部的地址 我怕你忘了
Here’s the address in case you’ve forgotten it.
我们7点半在那里见面好吗
How will it be if we meet there ’round about 73O
好
Fine.
谢谢你丰盛的晚餐 真的很不错
Thanks for a lovely evening. It was great. I mean that.
谢谢你能和我一起共进晚餐
Thanks for joining me.
这里的气氛真好
It was a damn sight better
比我 工作过的全球酒店要好多了
than the leftovers at the Globe not that I’m in for more of those.
理查德 你应该再婚的
You ought to get married again Richard.
哦不 你应该知道我这方面不行 我们的婚姻维持了多久
Oh no. You ought to know I’m no good at it. How long did we have
-九年 -不 是10年
Nine years was it Ten.
对 10年 你现在 找到的这份工作真不错啊
Ah ten years. It was a good job you got out when you did.
我不知道 我想我做 婚介成功是我的运气好吧
I don’t know. I suppose I was lucky the agency worked out for me.
你的意思是 这两年 你不再依靠我是你的运气好
What you mean is you’re lucky you haven’t had to rely on me these past two years.
-我没有那样说 -但你是这个意思
-I didn’t say that. -But you meant it.
我想有些人是很有组织能力的 而有些人则不是
I suppose some people are good at organization and others aren’t.
-这就是我想说的-我想我 就是那种没有组织能力的人
That’s all I meant. And I’m not I suppose.
他妈的 你不知道我近来运气有多糟
Rubbish! You know what filthy luck I had.
我经营的客栈 不赚钱是我的错吗
Was it my fault that the roadhouse didn’t go
-它一直赚钱的 直到那条该死的 高速公路开通之后-我知道
It was going fine ’til they opened the bloody motorway. I know.
政♥府♥把我赛马场的 马厩关闭是我的错吗
Was it my fault the council tore down the riding stables
我知道 我知道 生活有时是不公平的
I know. I know life can be very unfair.
但你从来就没有在 自己身上找过原因
But you never used to be sorry for yourself.
-我嫁给的那个理 查德 布莱尼哪里去了
Where’s the Richard Blaney I married Huh!
理查德 布莱尼 你还记得当时你是怎么说的吗
Richard Blaney D.F.C. Do you remember the citation
雄心壮志 技艺超群
“For inspiring leadership skill…
向着目标永不止步
and tenacity of purpose. ”
你把他给甩了 这就是他的下场
You divorced him. That’s what happened to him.
告诉我 你要用那些 方法来和店主打交道
Tell me what sort of skill do you need to deal with shopkeepers…
和官吏周♥旋♥吗 -小点声 别人都听见了
and interfering bureaucrats Shh. Everyone’s listening.
随便 我想他们不必像我 一样把自己的生活搞得支离破碎
Let them. I’ll bet they’ve never had to tear down their livelihood with their own hands.
你本可以从头再来 在其 他地方重新建立自己的生活的
It’s all right for you. You just go and build it up somewhere else.
你会喜欢的 -你很会做生意啊
You’re like that. You’re good at business.
我肯定在他们也很会做生意
I’ll bet they’re all good at business here.
我肯定你经营的婚介所 一定使你大赚了一笔
I’ll bet you’re making a fortune out of that agency.
为什么不可以呢 如果你不能做♥爱♥ 那就把爱卖♥♥给别人吧
And why not If you can’t make love sell it.
当然 做得很是体面 -是结婚的那种
The respectable kind of course. The married kind!
你看看你都干了些什么
Now look what you’ve done.
-先生 我来帮你吧 -离我远点
Oh sir. Let me help you. Leave me alone!
-对不起 -我不是那个意思
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.
走吧 我们还是先走吧
Come on. We’d better go.
你没事吧
Will you be all right
你说过你没有 钱来给那匹马下注
You did say you hadn’t enough money to put on that horse.
别担心 你今天为我做的已经够多了
Don’t worry. You’ve done enough for one day.
-你也带了大衣来 是不是 -对 那件
You had a coat too didn’t you Yeah. That one there.
我的是粉红色的那件
Mine’s the pink one.
不 不 这样是不行的
No no no. That’s not allowed.
按照俱乐部的规矩
Rules of the club.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 理查德 我到了 谢谢
It’s all right Richard. I’ve got it here. Thank you.
哦 是这间吗
So this is it huh
我可以进去吗 我想看看你住的地方
Can I come in I’d like to see where you live.
还是先走吧 太晚了 你还是先回去吧
Go along now. Run along home. It’s late.
-这叫很晚了 -对一个 职业妇女来说已经是很晚了
You call this late It’s late enough for a working girl.
-别这样 布伦达 我不会 耽搁你很久的 我保证
Come on Brenda. I won’t be long I promise.
好吧 只许待几分钟 你要记得
All right but only for a few minutes mind.
好 谢谢 你可以先走了
Okay thanks. I won’t need you.
这是从你的口袋里掉在地板上的
It just fell out of your pocket onto the floor.
我只是想放回去 又不想吵醒你
And I was just putting it back… when you were asleep.
它是自己掉在地板上的
It sort of jerked out like on the floor.
我只是想悄悄地放回去 不想吵醒你
I was putting ’em in quiet like so as not to waken you.
你的手放干净点 不然我打断你的手
Keep your hands out of my pockets or I’ll break your arms!
说实话 我最讨厌别人行为粗鲁了
Honestly there’s nothing I detest more than someone taking liberties…
尤其是像你这样体面的绅士
with a fine gentleman like yourself.
哦 又是你 罗宾逊先生
Oh it’s you again Mr. Robinson.
是 很失望吧
Yes I’m afraid so.
我刚刚用过午餐
I’m having my lunch just now.
如果你想预约时间 请先和我的秘书联♥系♥好吗
If you want an appointment perhaps you’ll be good enough to see my secretary.
顺便说一句 你是怎么进来的 -小菜一碟 真的
By the way how did you get in No problem really.
只要稍稍用 脑筋想一下就可以了
Just a question of using your head.
我在院子里等 看着她出去吃午餐
I waited in the courtyard ’til I saw her go out to lunch.
-好像很有计划啊 -对 也许是吧 但是
It all seems a bit elaborate. Yeah perhaps but…
那是因为我很想见你啊
You’re the one I wanted to see.
我想我已经和你 说过我们不能帮助你的
I thought I’d already explained to you that we cannot help you.
别这样 我知道你可以帮我的
Oh come on now. I know that you can be most helpful…
-只要你努力一下-罗宾逊先生 你要的那种女人太特别了
when you try. Look Mr. Robinson you want women of a specific type.
我怎样才能找得到
How shall I put it
你有太多的怪癖
Certain peculiarities appeal to you
又要你的女人服从你
and you need women to submit to them.
我想 我们的客户都是很普通的
Here we have I’m afraid a very normal clientele.
就像我说过的那样 我们真的帮不上忙
As I say we can do nothing for you.
我可以请你共进午餐吗
Now if you’ll kindly let me get on with my lunch.
我想你没有真正为我努力过
I don’t think you’re really trying your best for me.
我是说 既然你可以为 那些白♥痴♥找到对象
I mean if you can fix up a lot of idiots
我为什么不可以呢
then why not me Hmm
我都说过了 你不同
I’ve explained. You’re different.
为什么
How so
我也有优点
I have my good points.
我喜欢花
I like flowers…
和水果
and fruit.
人们都喜欢我
People like me.
我很慷慨
I’ve got things to give.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我想婚介所的宗旨是 为了人们的结合 不是吗
I thought matrimonial agencies were supposed to bring people together
不是为你这样的人
Not people like you.
我想我的顾客不会喜欢
Somehow I don’t think our clients would appreciate…
你对爱情的理解
your conception of a loving relationship.
我和许多人都打过交道
I get on with all sorts of people.
好 那样你就用不上我们的
Good. Then you don’t need us.
-不是只有你这一家婚介所 -那你干吗不试试其他的呢
-You’re not the only matrimonial agency you know. -Then go elsewhere.
-没有正当的婚介所会为你服务的 -我去过其他的婚介所
Not that any reputable agency would service you. I’ve been elsewhere.
但对我来说 这家是最好的
But… this one for me is the best…
因为 我喜欢你
because… I like you.