random folks about and stuff, whatever.
好吧
Uh-hmm, yeah.
我爬了第一块石板的一半
But, like, basically I did the first half of the first slab.
然后 我想 我不确定
And then, uh, and then I just was like, “Oh, I don’t know.”
还有我的脚
And my feet.
好 你的决定没错
Right, you made the perfect decision.
我也不确定 我就是觉得
I don’t know though, I’m just like.
但现在一切都要拖得更久
But now it all has to drag on longer, I’m like.
你其实没必要强求的
You, yeah, I mean, you never have to go for it.
你可以
You can just.
我只是想让它结束
Well, I just need it to end, you know.
是的 一切…
Yeah, yeah, all the…
-你知道我指的是什么 -你周围看戏的人
– Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. – The circus surrounding you.
真是意想不到 我猜他是不是有点紧张
I just can’t imagine, I wonder if he got nervous.
这样可以吗
Is that possible?
他很多地方我都不太能理解
There’s a lot of things that I don’t totally understand about him.
-你明白吗 -我明白
– You know? – Yeah, I know.
某种程度上 知道”史波克”也会紧张
I mean in some ways it’d be kind of reassuring that
反而让人更安心一点
Spock has nerves.
这是我第一次认真攀登
It was the first time I’ve ever gone up on something like real
结果却没有完成
and then not done it.
但这也是我第一次
But it’s also the first time
在万众瞩目下攀登
I’ve ever gone up on something real with people all watching.
我孤身一人的话 也许还能坚持下去
By myself, I maybe would have just, like, persevered,
我不确定
I don’t know,
也许我就是很弱
maybe I just suck, but,
但至少 至少我尝试过了
you know, at least I’ve like, at least I’ve tried.
拉斯维加斯
三个月后
谢谢再次和我们会面
Thanks for meeting us again.
这里总有一股味道 很有趣
It’s funny, it always has a certain smell in here,
我猜可能是涂料还是
and I wonder if it’s the paint or the.
是刚刷的涂料味
Yeah, it’s the fresh paint.
餐厅可以装几个书架
Dining room with probably also bookshelves.
等等 我在签什么
Wait, so what am, what am I signing?
“购♥房♥♥者批准房♥屋检验”
“Buyers of unit approves the home inspection.”
亚历克斯说我每天提到家装
Yeah, Alex told me I get one furniture question a day.
我总在想 应该买♥♥间房♥子
I’ve always thought that I ought to buy a house,
只是我自己一个人没有足够动力去做
just haven’t quite had the energy to make it all happen myself.
我想 有个地方住萨尼会很高兴的
I think Sanni will be stoked to have a place to live
拉斯维加斯周围有很多山可以爬
and there’s so much climbing all around Vegas.
放套组合沙发 再放上椅子或沙发加两把椅子
Big sectional here and chair or like sofa and two chairs.
这里可以做成吧台
Potential, like, bar area.
我打地铺就行
I would just sleep straight on the carpet.
就像是
It’d be like.
亚历克斯这大混♥蛋♥ 看我拿着卷尺费力比划
Alex was a huge jerk watching me struggle with the tape measure,
袖手旁观 还在一边评论我姿态多傻
being an asshole standing by commenting on how stupid I look,
但又不来帮忙
but not actually offering to help
不起任何建设性作用 态度都不好一点
or be productive or kind in any way.
所以现在一切都完了
And so now it’s all gone to shit.
你想问我们会举案齐眉吗 不存在的
Yeah, you’re asking about our domestic bliss, it’s nonexistent.
你很生气 但这句话就是玩笑了
You’re so angry, but it’s cracking, it’s cracking.
这不是开玩笑
It’s not cracking.
就是 就是玩笑
Yeah, it is, it’s cracking.
不 没开玩笑 我还是很生气
No, it’s not, I’m still angry.
我看得出来你在开玩笑
I can tell you’re cracking.
我没有开玩笑
I’m not cracking.
但你也没有那么生气 你都笑了
But you’re not that angry, you’re cracking.
我没有笑
I’m not cracking.
非常坚定地要恨你
This is firm resolve of hatred.
天哪
Oh, boy.
那个看起来太大又太宽
That one seems very big and very wide.
那个好像太深
Whoa, that seems really deep.
-我们应该咨♥询♥一下别人 -我知道
– We should just ask somebody. – I know.
我们再找找小一点的冰箱吧
Let’s keep looking for the smaller ones.
这就是四百美元的那款
Oh, this is the $400, that’s.
-就是它 -就是它了 大爱
– That’s it! – That’s it, that’s our jam.
这台可以说是完美
This is actually, like, kind of perfect.
非常符合我们的需要
This is like so adequate.
我们有冰箱了
We have a fridge!
很成功
That success.
那个能用吗
Is it possible?
约塞米蒂之后我们之间的关系有点僵
We had like a sort of a rough patch since Yosemite,
我说不清
where, I don’t know,
亚历克斯并不善于表达自己的情绪
Alex isn’t super good about putting a name to how he’s feeling.
他的态度就是 我知道我很古怪
So, he’ll be like, “I know I’m cranky,
但我不知道具体哪里怪
but I don’t really know why
我也懒得花时间去想明白
and I’m not gonna take the time to figure it out.”
我很有耐心 但是我也有自尊心
I’m patient, but I also have self-respect.
我特别生气的时候
And then, you know, the second that I start being mad,
他还一副状况外的样子
he’s just like “foom.”
怎么做咖啡呢
How do you make coffee?
得有一个过滤器
You need like a filter.
我交往过的女友中 和萨尼的关系
Definitely my relationship with Sanni is, like,
绝对是最健康最稳定的了
the most healthy and stable relationship I’ve ever had.
橱柜里就只有这个
Oh, look at that, the only thing in the cupboard.
我也比以前更爱讲话了
Certainly more communicative.
我们交往一年半后萨尼自己也说
Even Sanni over the year and a half we’ve been dating is like,
“哇 你真的成熟了”
“Wow, you’ve really blossomed.”
这可能行不通
Well, that’s not really promising.
你觉得能把咖啡放在这里
And you think you put the coffee in there
然后让水顺利流出来吗
and then you push the water through it?
-我不知道怎么 -天哪
– I don’t how to, um. – my gosh,
-哇 -怎么了
– Wow – like, how’s, why?
这就是要当房♥主的架势了吗
Is this what it is to be, um, a homeowner?
你每天都要自己做早餐煮咖啡了吗
You get breakfast and coffee made for you every day?
我 我不太会用
I don’t, I don’t understand the,
是把咖啡放这里然后倒水吗
do you put the coffee in here and then put the water to it?
确实太复杂了
It’s really complicated.
但是她的观念不一样
But she sees things in a different way.
萨尼认为 生命的意义在于追求幸福
For Sanni the point of life is like happiness.
和能让你开心的人在一起 共度美好时光
To be with people that make you feel fulfilled and to have a good time.
对我而言则是在于取得成就
For me it’s all about performance.
任何人都可以过得快乐而舒适
The thing is anybody can be happy and cozy.
可如此 世界就不会有所进步
Nothing good happens in the world by being happy and cozy.
没有人过着快乐而舒适的生活
You know, like nobody achieves anything great
还能取得伟大的成就
because they’re happy and cozy.
你绝对不想
You never wanna feel
感觉自己是别人实现目标的绊脚石
like you’re getting in the way of someone’s goal.
但我真的想不通 他为什么以此为目标
And it’s really hard for me to grasp why he wants this.
可这就是他的梦想 他也一定想实现
But it’s his dream and he obviously still really wants it.
重要的是成为一名战士
It’s about being a warrior.
具体为什么而战并不重要
It doesn’t matter about the cause necessarily.
这是你要走的路 你要力求做到极致
This is your path and you will pursue it with excellence.
为了实现目标 你得直面恐惧
You face your fear because your goal demands it.
这就是勇士精神
That is the goddamn warrior spirit.
我觉得徒手攀岩时的心态
I think that the free soloing mentality
就很接近武士文化
is pretty close to warrior culture,
两者都要求绝对的专注 这关乎你的性命
where you give something 100% focus because your life depends on it.
2017年春季
第六段
极限平板
秋天那时 我是在右脚踩在
The move I gave up on in the fall was
这里的那处细小的边缘时放弃的
a right foot on this little edge right here,
我只能靠右脚站立
and I basically just have to like stand on the right foot
并且相信自己的右脚
and just trust it.
我当时在想 我真的不想把整条命
And I was like, “I don’t really wanna have my whole life
托付给我的右脚能在这里站稳
depend on like standing on this one right foot.”
但或许我能找到别的办法
But maybe I can find another way.
我觉得这就像押上了全部资产的一笔生意
I think this is like kind of the business of the whole deal,
有趣的是 如果你带着绳子
which is interesting because if you’re climbing with a rope
马克·辛诺特
攀岩记者
就不会输个精光
it’s not at all,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!