You just show up, looking beautiful, as usual.
剩下的我来处理
I’ll take care of the rest.
当然可以
Certainly.
火鸡 你去哪了?
Yeah, Turkey, where you been?
我去哪了?你去哪了? 我已经等了好几个小时了
Where have I been? Where were you? I’ve been waiting for hours.
我们两个都是 孩子
You and me both, kid.
嘿 吉米 老样式来一份 快点上
Hey, Jimmy, give me the usual and shake the lead out.
我因为收拾房♥间的事 被家里难为了一番 那可是我的房♥间啊
Well, I got quiz number 2A about my room. It’s my room.
我本该能够让它保持我想要的样子
I should be able to keep it the way I want to, right?
没错
Right.
“都归功于这位做出了非凡努力的”
“…all due to the extraordinary efforts
“才华横溢
of this brilliant…
独具匠心的…” 令人作呕
ingenious…” Revolting.
这可不是对开♥发♥商的赞美 亲爱的
I’m afraid that’s not complimentary enough to the developer, my dear.
安娜贝尔也没有什么值得赞美的
Well, nothing very complimentary could be said about Annabel, either.
难怪他们称这一阶段为可怕的青春期
No wonder they call it “the terrible teens”.
你看到她最近的穿着了吗?我不能责备她
Have you seen how she dresses lately? It’d be tough for me to put her down.
没有她 我今天下午的水上表演就泡汤了
Without her, I don’t have a water show this afternoon.
你想知道我今天下午必须要去哪里吗?
Would you like to know where I have to go this afternoon?
去见迪尔克先生 学校的校长
Hmm? To see Mr. Dilk, the principal at school.
他要求见个面 来谈谈安娜贝尔 在学习上进步迟缓的问题
He’s asked for a conference to discuss Annabel’s lack of academic progress.
比尔 你怎么想?
What do you think of that, Bill?
亲爱的 我相信你能处理 我这边忙得不可开交
I’m sure you can handle it, dear. I’m up to my neck in this for…
谢谢
Thank you.
她今天下午不让我去希拉里家
And another thing, she’s not gonna let me go to Hillary’s this afternoon.
她说我们在那里 唯一做的事就是接吻游戏
She says she knows all we do there is kissing games.
她还不停唠叨 说要我剪头发
She’s also on my back to get my hair trimmed.
我不会再上当了
I’m not falling for that again.
上次修剪时 他们一下剪掉了15厘米
Last time it was trimmed, they hacked six inches off of it.
我试着保持冷静了 父母似乎对此免疫了
I try to be cool, right? Parents just seem to be immune to it.
有时我会大发雷霆 昨天我对她说
Sometimes I really blow my top. Like yesterday I said to her,
“你要干什么 彻底改变我的形象”
“What are you trying to do? Change my whole entire image?”
她说 “不 亲爱的 我都不知道从哪里下手”
She said, “No, dear, I wouldn’t know where to start.”
呵呵 那可真好笑
Chuckle, chuckle. I mean, that’s really funny.
如果能安慰你的话 安娜贝尔 我妈比你妈更过分
If it’s any comfort to you, my mom’s even rottener than yours.
妈妈们不懂别人的感受
Mothers don’t understand what a person goes through.
我是独♥立♥个体 对吧?我不能吃想吃的食物 穿想穿的衣服
I mean, I’m an individual, right? I can’t eat what I want, wear what I want,
按我想要的样子留头发和指甲
keep my hair and nails the way I want!
昨晚我们真的把话说开了 我冲她尖叫道 “听着”
Last night we really had it out, though. “Listen!” I screamed at her.
我不是个爱大声喊叫的人 “听着 你总让我不开心
I’m not a screamer, you know? “Listen, you’re not letting me have
我受够了 你总在摆布我
any fun, and I’m sick of it. You’re always pushing me around
告诉我要怎么做”
and telling me what to do.
“怎么没人告诉你该怎么做”
How come nobody ever gets to tell you what to do?
你知道她说了什么吗?
Will you tell me that?” You know what she said?
安娜贝尔
“Annabel,” I said,
等你成人后 没人会告诉你要怎么做
“when you’re grown-up, people don’t tell you what to do.
你只能自己看着办 有时候这样更难
You have to tell yourself. Which is sometimes more difficult.”
“耶” 我用这种非常尖酸的语气回复 那总是会让她生气
“Oh, yeah,” I said in this bitter tone. That always blows her mind.
“你可以告诉自己看一整天电视”
“Yeah, you can tell yourself to watch TV all day,
“和朋友去吃午饭 早餐吃你想吃的”
or go to lunch with your friends, eat what you want for breakfast,
“或者和爸爸 一起去大型聚会或看电影”
or go to big parties or movies with Dad.”
还有洗衣服 我提醒了她
“And do the laundry,” I reminded her.
还有购物 做饭 让每个人都舒服
“And the shopping and the cooking. Make things nice for everybody.”
老实说 比尔 那个孩子对我的生活一无所知
Honestly, Bill, that child has not got a clue about my life.
一点都不知道
Not a single clue.
听起来很简单啊
Sounds like a picnic to me.
我好希望能和她调换身份 一天就好
I wish I could switch places with her for just one day.
好吧 你那边怎么了?
All right, what’s going on out there?
特别奇怪的事
Something really freaky.
等一下
Wait a minute.
那不是我的声音 那是妈妈的声音
That’s not my voice. That’s Mom’s voice.
你怎么了?
Hey, what’s the matter with you?
天啊 我怎么在这儿
Good grief. What am I doing here?
那不是我的声音 是安娜贝尔的声音
That’s not my voice. That’s Annabel’s voice.
你没事吧 安娜贝尔?
Are you okay, Annabel?
安娜贝尔?
Annabel?
你没事吧 艾伦
You all right, Ellen?
艾伦?
Ellen?
喂 那是谁的脚啊?那不是我的脚 那是妈妈的脚
Hey, whose foot is that? That’s not my foot. That’s Mom’s foot.
天啊 那不是我的手 那是安娜贝尔的手
Good grief. That’s not my hand. That’s Annabel’s.
妈妈的腿
Mom’s legs. And her stomach.
还有她的肚子
还有她的…
And her, uh…
呃…
uh…
哇哦
Wow!
我的思想跑进了妈妈的身体里
Mom’s body has got my mind in it.
我的思想跑进了安娜贝尔的身体里
Annabel’s body has got my mind in it.
我是妈妈
I’m Mom.
我是安娜贝尔
I’m Annabel.
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mom.
我喜欢你的牙齿
I love your teeth.
安娜贝尔 说话啊
Annabel, say something.
谁能牙上戴着这堆废铁说话?
Who can talk through all this scrap iron?
亲爱的 麻烦给我一毛钱好吗
Could I trouble you for a dime, dear?
“亲爱的 麻烦给我一毛钱好吗?”好啊
“Could I trouble you for a dime, dear?” Sure.
哇哦
Wow!
艾伦 你没事吧?
Ellen? You all right?
没事?我好极了
All right? I’m great!
喂?喂 比尔?
Hello? Hello, Bill?
是的 你是哪位
Yes. Who’s this?
我是…
This is, uh…
安娜贝尔 是你吗?
Annabel, is that you?
是也不是
Well, yes and no.
安娜 别闹了 你是开玩笑吗 我可没空
Anna, please, if this is some kind of joke, I don’t have any time.
放松听我说 比尔
Just button up and listen, Bill.
你在让谁放松?你什么时候开始叫我比尔了?
Who are you telling to button up? Since when do you call me “Bill” now?
你今天早上是怎么了?
What’s got into you this morning?
比你想象的要严重 拜托 比尔…
A lot more than you can imagine. Now, please, Bill…
安娜贝尔 不要这样 对你来说 我不是比尔
Annabel, stop that! I am not “Bill” to you!
好吧 爸爸
All right. Dad.
好了 这样好多了 你想要什么?
All right. Now, that’s better. What do you want?
艾伦 怎么样了? 艾伦?
How’s Ellen? Ellen?
我是说妈妈 她没事吧?感觉还好吗?
Mom, I mean. Is she all right? Feeling all right? That sort of thing?
安娜贝尔 拜托 如果你是在胡闹 我…
Annabel, please, if this is some kind of game, I…
别挂电♥话♥ 这很重要 就去看一下
No, don’t hang up. It’s very important. Would you just take a look?
稍等
Hang on.
是啊 她表现得有点奇怪
Yeah, she is acting a little funny.
她在吹泡泡糖
She’s blowing bubbles
上下乱跳
and hopping up and down.
乱跳?
Hopping?
我想这对于华尔兹之王来说 的确像在乱跳
I suppose it would look like hopping to the waltz king.
谁打来的电♥话♥?是安娜贝尔
Who’s that on the horn? Oh, that’s Annabel.
她想知道你是否还好
She wants to know if you’re feeling all right.
你还好吧 亲爱的?我感觉好极了
Are you, honey? Oh, I feel terrific.
她感觉如何?
How does she feel?
她很担心你 也许她该回家来
Well, she uh… she’s worried about you. Maybe you ought to come home.
不 告诉她千万别回来
No, no, tell her absolutely not.
告诉她 童年是一个人一生中最美好的时光
Tell her childhood is the best time in a person’s life.
今天我希望她能享受每一分钟
And today I want her to enjoy every minute of it.
尤其是大型的打字考试
Especially the big typing test.
告诉她
Oh, yeah, tell her,
我希望她 在曲棍球比赛中能表现得很好
I hope she does really well in the hockey game,
因为那是一场重要的季后赛 整支队伍都指望着她
because that is an important play-off, and the whole team’s counting on her.
如果她搞砸了 每个人都会恨我的…恨她
If she messes up, everybody will hate me. Her.
亲爱的 你妈妈说…我听到了 爸爸 再见
Well, dear, your mother says… I heard her, Daddy. Goodbye.
嗨 弗吉尼亚
Hi, Virginia. Hi.
安娜贝尔 我们走吧 等等
Come on, Annabel, let’s move out. Wait a minute.
你们是我的朋友 对吧?
You guys are my friends, right? Right.
对 我得和你谈谈 那就说吧
All right, I’ve got to talk to you. So talk.
姑娘们 你们不再是孩子了
Okay… now, girls, you’re not children any longer.
我觉得我可以 像成年人一样跟你们说话
I feel that I can speak with you as adults.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!