In the name of God?! Now I know what it… feels like to be God!
亨利很好,但他很忙
Henry is well, but he’s very busy.
他说他不久会和你联♥系♥
He said he would get in touch with you soon.
别担心他,巴伦,他几天后就回家
Don’t worry about him, Baron. He’ll be home in a few days.
你们两个骗我是吗?
You two have it all arranged, haven’t you?
你们认为我是一个白♥痴♥是吗?
You think I’m an idiot, don’t you?
但我不是
But I’m not.
任何人一眼就能看出来有什么东西不对劲
Anyone can see with half an eye that there’s something wrong.
况且我有两只眼睛,而且视力非常好
And I’ve two eyes, and pretty good ones at that.
好吧,是怎么回事?
Well, what is it?
你错的非常厉害,巴伦
You’re quite mistaken, Baron.
我儿子怎么了?他在干什么?
What’s the matter with my son? What’s he doing?
他正在完成他的实验
He’s completing his experiments.
他为什么老去那个破旧的磨坊
Why does he go messing around an old ruined windmill
他本来有整洁的房♥子,可以洗澡
when he has a decent house, a bath,
食物和饮料
good food and drink,
还有一个非常美丽的女孩等他回来
and a darned pretty girl to come back to?
你能告诉我为什么吗?
Would you tell me that?
巴伦,你不明白 – 我非常明白
Baron, you don’t understand. – I understand perfectly well.
有另外一个女人,而你害怕告诉我
There’s another woman, and you’re afraid to tell me.
这些一定是非常肮脏的实验
Pretty sordid experiments these must be. Huh!
哦,可是你错了 – 你怎么知道的
Oh, but you’re wrong! – And how do you know?
巴伦先生,镇长来了
If you please, Herr Baron, the burgomaster.
哦,让他离开吧
Well, tell him to go away.
但他说有很重要的事
But he says it’s important.
在他看来没有一件是重要的
Nothing the burgomaster can say can be of the slightest importance.
你好,巴伦先生,富兰克林
Good day, Herr Baron. Franklein.
哦,你想要什么?
Well, what do you want?
如果是找麻烦,请离开吧,我麻烦已经够多了
If it’s trouble, go away. I’ve trouble enough.
哦,没麻烦,先生
Oh, there’s no trouble, sir.
“没麻烦”?你什么意思?
What do you mean, “no trouble”?
除了麻烦没别的
There’s nothing but trouble.
我给你带来了这些花
I brought you these flowers.
谢谢你,佛盖尔先生
Thank you, Herr Vogel.
以我个人的名义和镇长的身份…
Both in my private and official capacities as burgomaster…
好吧,我们都知道,但你想要什么?
Yes, yes, yes, we know all about that, but what do you want?
我真心想知道的是婚礼什么时候举♥行♥
What I really want to know is when will the wedding be,
如果你可以告诉我的话
if you please.
除非亨利恢复理智,否则就根本没有什么婚礼
Unless Henry comes to his senses, there’ll be no wedding at all.
但是村子都已经准备好了
But the village is already prepared.
哦,那就告诉他们别准备了
Well, tell them to unprepare.
但那么好的新娘…
But such a lovely bride…
那么好的年轻人,和他父亲一模一样
Such a fine young man, the very image of his father.
上帝保佑
Heaven forbid.
但是,先生,东西都准备好了
But, sir, everything is ready!
我知道了,不要说个没完没了,白♥痴♥
I know that! Don’t keep on saying so, you idiot!
不值得大喊大叫
There’s nothing to cry about.
再见,伊丽莎白小姐,再见,莫里斯先生
Good day, Miss Elizabeth. Good day, Herr Moritz.
再见,佛盖尔先生
Good day, Herr Vogel.
再见,巴伦先生
Good day, Herr Baron.
很高兴能摆脱你
And good riddance to you.
那边,哼,你看到是怎样了吧
There you are. Huh! You see how it is.
整个村子都在等待,新娘也在等待
The whole village is kept waiting, the bride is kept waiting,
我也在等待,亨利必须回家
and I am kept waiting. Henry must come home,
如果必须我亲自去抓他的话
if I have to fetch him myself.
不,不,巴伦 – 那他的工作怎么办?
No, no, Baron. – What about his work?
管他呢,他的婚礼怎么办
Stuff and nonsense. What about his wedding?
一定还有一个女人…
There is another woman…
而我要去找到她
and I’m going to find her.
过来坐下,博士
Come and sit down, Doctor.
你必须要有耐心
You must be patient.
你希望马上完成吗?
Do you expect perfection at once?
你的这个生物应该被严加看管
This creature of yours should be kept under guard.
记住我的话,他会非常危险
Mark my words, he will prove dangerous.
危险
Dangerous?
可怜的老沃德曼
Poor old Waldman.
你从来没有想要做任何危险的事情吗?
Have you never wanted to do anything that was dangerous?
如果没有人努力去发现真理的话
Where should we be if nobody tried to
那我们今天会怎么样
find out what lies beyond?
你从来没有想要研究云和星星吗?
Have you never wanted to look beyond the clouds and the stars?
或者知道是什么使树木发芽
Or to know what causes the trees to bud?
是什么使黑暗变成光明
And what changes the darkness into light?
可是如果你象那样说话…人们就会说你疯了
But if you talk like that… people call you crazy.
如果我能够发现
Well, if I could discover
这些事情中的任何一项
just one of these things
比如说什么是来世
what eternity is, for example
我不介意他们认为我疯了
I wouldn’t care if they did think I was crazy.
你还年轻,朋友,你的成功使你陶醉
You’re young, my friend. Your success has intoxicated you.
醒过来看一看眼前的事实
Wake up and look facts in the face!
这里我们有一个魔鬼的大脑…
Here we have a fiend whose brain…
需要进一步开♥发♥的大脑
Whose brain must be given time to develop.
它是一个完美的大脑,博士
It’s a perfectly good brain, Doctor.
你应该知道,它是从你自己的实验室来的
Well, you ought to know. It came from your own laboratory.
从我实验室偷的那个是一个罪犯的大脑
The brain that was stolen from my laboratory was a criminal brain.
好吧,毕竟它只是一片死掉的组织而已
Oh, well. After all, it’s only a piece of dead tissue.
从那里只能产生罪恶
Only evil can come of it.
如果你坚持这些的话,你会疯的
Your health will be ruined if you persist in this madness.
我非常理智,博士
I’m astonishingly sane, Doctor.
你创造了一个怪物,而它会毁了你
You have created a monster and it will destroy you.
要有耐心
Patience, patience.
我信任这怪物,如果你非要这么叫它的话
I believe in this monster, as you call it.
如果你不信任的话
And if you don’t,
那么,你就别管我
well, you must leave me alone.
但是想一想伊丽莎白,你的父亲
But think of Elizabeth. Your father.
伊丽莎白相信我
Elizabeth believes in me.
我父亲,他从不相信任何人
My father? He never believes in anyone.
我还需要做更多的实验
I’ve got to experiment further.
记住,他还只有几天大
He’s only a few days old, remember.
到目前为止,他还在完全黑暗之中
So far, he’s been kept in complete darkness.
等我把它带进光明之中
Wait till I bring him into the light.
他来了,关掉灯吧
Here he comes. Let’s turn out the light.
进来
Come in.
进来
Come in.
坐下,坐下
Sit down. Sit down!
看,它听懂了
You see? It understands.
看
Watch.
小心,弗兰肯斯坦,小心
Take care now, Frankenstein. Take care.
挡住光
Shut out the light.
坐下
Sit down.
去那里,坐下
Go and sit down.
这次它听懂了,太棒了
It understands this time. It’s wonderful.
弗兰肯斯坦,它在哪里
Frankenstein, where is it?!
啊
Aagh!
安静,笨蛋
Quiet, you fool!
把火把拿走
Get away with that torch.
啊 – 快
Aagh! – Quick!
拿绳子,快
Fetch the rope, quick.
别推了
Stop pushing.
把他弄到地窖去
Get him to the cellar.
绑住它,它是一个怪物
Shoot it! It’s a monster.
安静,安静
Quiet. Quiet!
停下来,你会把所有的乡下人都招来的
Stop that! You’ll have the whole countryside on us!
离开,他有十个人的力量
Come away. He has the strength of ten men!
这里,给我那个
Here, give me that!
离开,弗里兹
Come away, Fritz.
别管他了
Leave it alone. Leave it alone.
听,那是什么?谁在那?
Listen. What’s that? Who’s there?
那是弗里兹
It’s Fritz!
过来,博士,快,快点
Come on, Doctor. Quick, hurry.
退后
Get back.
出去