大学时候 她本来是最好的五个闺蜜之一
in college, she was one of the top five group of friends…
但后来佐伊和我们关系好了
but then Zoe became closer to the group and Abby moved…
艾比就去了另一个圈子
to the outer circle.
索菲和艾比从没真正成过朋友
Sophie and Abby never totally got along…
后来她开始跟保罗约会
and then she started dating Paul…
我一直觉得他 不会跟我们之中任何一个约会的
who I always thought would’ve dated any of us…
但是他最终成了艾比的男朋友
but… he ended up with Abby.
如果你打算去的话
Well, if you’re ever there…
-我们希望你过去住一住 -好啊
-we like for it to be used. -Yeah.
我应该不会近期马上就去巴黎
I don’t see myself getting there super soon…
但 谢了
but… thanks, thanks.
这条裙子真是性感
That is a very sexy dress.
操 我语气就像个同性恋阿婆
Fuck, I sound like a gay grandmother.
弗兰西斯 我想你应该认识 我在高盛的一个同事
Frances, I think you know one of my colleagues at Goldman –
瑞德·”帕奇”·克劳斯
Reade PatchKrause.
是啊 我认识帕奇”还好吗 哥儿们”
Yeah, I know Patch. Sup, brah?
就是他 没有人比他…
That’s him. Nobody is better
更擅长预计拐点的到来
at anticipating inflection points than Patchy.
他的女朋友索菲
His girlfriend, Sophie,
我们几乎是长着不同头发的同一人
and I are the same person with different hair.
也不是啦 我们是大学同学
Not really. We went to college together…
以前周末就会乘火车来市区 做点坏事
and we used to take the train into the city on weekends and make bad decisions.
-你怀孕了 -什么 没有
-You got pregnant? -What? No.
她是个好姑娘 我真的很喜欢她 她很聪明
She’s a great lady. I really like her. So smart.
是啊 我也觉得
Yeah. I mean -Yeah.
我是说 我们都很聪明
I mean, we’re all smart.
是啊 但她是那种读书人的聪明
Yeah, but she’s… book-smart smart.
其实不是的 她其实不怎么看书
She’s actually not. She doesn’t really read…
除了工作需要 听起来挺好笑吧
except for work, which is the funny thing.
我以为她看很多书呢
She seems like she reads a lot to me.
-我看得多的多 -这样
-I read way more. -Mm-hmm.
我不知道自己干嘛要说索菲的坏话
I don’t know why I’m shit-talking Sophie.
她是我认识的最好的人了
She’s basically the best person I know.
-不过事情还真是挺疯狂啊 -是啊
-It’s kind of crazy though, right? -Mm, yeah.
-指哪件事 -日本啊
-Which part? -Japan.
日本
Japan?
是啊 他们过两个礼拜就要搬去日本了
Yeah, they’re moving to Japan in a couple of weeks.
-等等 什么 -帕奇有工作变动
-Wait. What? -Patch got transferred.
是个很好的职位 他以后就是
it’s a really cool position. He’s gonna be…
亚洲地区市场的研究总监
the director of research for all the Asian markets.
去多久
For how long?
无限期的
Indefinitely.
但索菲在兰登书屋上班啊
But Sophie has a job at Random House.
她辞职了
She quit.
噢
Oh.
上次去普拉提学习真不错 感觉很好
The Pilates thing is nice. You feel so good.
弗兰西斯和我经常做瑜伽 对舞蹈有帮助
Frances and I do a lot of yoga. It”s good for dance.
和别人一起去很开心的 跟朋友一起
It’s fun to go with somebody, to have a friend to go with.
我觉得我真人比照片里好看
I think I’m better-looking than I am in pictures.
娜迪亚
Nadia ?
我想要的是这样一个瞬间
I want this one moment.
我觉得两个人的关系就应该是这样
It’s -it’s what I want in a relationship…
或许这也能解释为什么我现在还单身吧 哈哈
which might explain why I am single now. Ha, ha.
就是
It’s, uh –
有点难解释
It’s kind of hard lo –
你和一个人在一起的时候 有这样的瞬间
it’s that thing when you’re with someone…
他们知道 你爱着他们
and you love them and they know it…
你也知道他们也爱着你
and they love you and you know it…
但你们在一个派对上
but it’s a party…
你们都在跟不同的其他人说着话
and you’re both talking to other people…
都在开心地笑着
and you’re laughing and shining…
这时候你望向屋子的另一边
and you look across the room…
两个人的眼光交汇了
and catch each other’s eyes…
并不是那种有占有欲的意思
but -but not because you’re possessive…
也不是那种色迷迷的眼神
or it’s precisely sexual…
但只是因为
but because…
那就是你生命中的那个人
that is your person in this life.
这很好笑也很伤感 因为
And ifs funny and sad, but only because…
生命总会结束 但你眼前这个神秘的世界
this life will end, and it’s this secret world…
就在你面前出现着
that exists right there…
这么多人在场
in public, unnoticed,
毫无征兆地就出现了 没有其他任何人了解的
that no one else knows about.
就像人们说过的宇宙中还有另外一个维度
It’s sort of like how they say that other dimensions exist…
它就在我们身边 但我们感觉不到
all around us, but we don’t have the ability to perceive them.
这就是
That’s –
我想要的二人世界
That’s what I want out of a relationship.
或者说是生活吧
Or just life, I guess.
爱情吧
Love.
我听上去是醉了对吧
I sound stoned.
我没喝醉
I’m not stoned.
谢谢你们招待我晚餐 再见
Thanks for dinner. Bye.
噢 再见
Oh. Bye.
你♥他♥妈♥的上哪去呢
Where the fuck are you going?
我晕乎乎的 想回家 没问题吧
I’m kinda wasted. I was gonna go home. Is that okay?
我无所谓的 开玩笑的
I don’t care. I was just kidding.
-谢谢你们邀请我 -很高兴你能来
-Thanks so much for having me tonight. -Nice to have met you.
祝你好运 弗兰西斯
Good luck, Frances.
你就走啦
You’re leaving.
其实呢 安迪
Actually, Andy…
我觉得我这周末应该会去巴黎一趟
I think I might be going to Paris this weekend.
真的
Really?
噢 你想去我们的公♥寓♥住吗
Oh. D-Do you want to stay in our apartment?
好啊
Yes.
-太好了 -好
-Fantastic. -Okay.
真不错 我会把地址资料发给你
That’s wonderful. I’ll get you the information.
-很好 -太好了
-Wonderful. -Great.
弗兰西斯
Frances!
-本吉 -嘿
-Benji! -Hey!
我就知道是你 从你那汉子一样的走路姿势认出来的
I knew it was you. I could tell by your weird man walk.
-你留胡子了 -是啊
-A beard! -Yeah.
-你好 -这位是卡洛琳
-Hello. -This is Caroline.
我叫卡洛琳
I’m Caroline.
舞跳得怎么样了 弗兰西斯
How are the dances, Frances?
弗兰西斯和我以前结过婚的
Frances and I used to be married.
你们干嘛去呢 想去喝一杯吗
What are you guys doing? You want to get a drink?
我们俩正去我朋友家的派对 是一个别♥墅♥派对
We’re going to my friend’s party. it’s a house party.
-我是说”别♥墅♥”是主题 -这算是什么主题啊
-I mean, that’s the theme. -How’s that a theme?
-挺神奇的吧 -而且派对是在公♥寓♥里举♥行♥的
-Amazing, right? -And it’s in an apartment.
-你想的话可以一起来 -不用 我真的
-You can come if you want. -No, I really –
我不该去 我准备去巴黎呆两天
I shouldn’t. I’m going to Paris for two days.
-什么 -怎么只呆这么短
-What? -Why so short?
我礼拜一还要去见科琳
I have a meeting with Colleen on Monday.
-我又跟你不熟 -等等 你不是没钱吗
-I don’t know you. -Wait, I thought you were poor.
我打算用我刚收到的信♥用♥卡♥
I’m gonna use this credit card I got in the mail.
这可不是什么明智之举 银行就是引诱你负债
That’s not smart. They want to keep you in debt.
我知道 我也看不少纪录片
I know that. I see documentaries.
挺不错嘛孩子 我在巴黎住过一年
Good for you, kid. I lived there for a year.
你从没告诉过我
You never told me that.
没错 我在那里时还碰上赛日·甘斯布去世
Yep. I was there when Serge Gainsbourg died.
赛日·甘斯布 法国诗人 歌♥手 1991年去世
-疯狂岁月啊 -你当时不是才8岁吗
-It was a crazy time. -Weren’t you, like, eight?
欧式迪斯科时代的落幕[兴起于70年代]
Yeah, it was the end of Euro-disco.
我有好多事要做
I have so much to do.
我大概会开始读普鲁斯特的书
I think I’ll probably read Proust…
当你应该做某件事的时候
because sometimes it’s good to do
你就应该去做 因为这对你有好处
what you’re supposed to when you’re supposed to.
普鲁斯特很沉[重]啊
Proust is pretty heavy.
-我听说值得一读 -我是说书 带上飞机很沉
-It’s worth it, I hear. -I meant the book -carrying it on the plane.
我大概应该先学法语
I should probably learn French first…
然后看法语版的
and then read it in French.
约会无能族