如果我们都帮不了他 那就没人可以了
if we can’t get him there, no one can.
好了 回去吧
All right. Get back.
好
Okay.
马克
Mark?
马克
Mark?
-你还好吗 -马克
– You okay? – Mark.
他没事
He’s okay.
来吧 马克
Come on, Mark.
很好
Good.
杜邦教练有个想法
Coach Du Pont has a vision.
他希望狐狸猎手庄园
He would like Foxcatcher
可以被打造成一个
to be designated and recognized
为美国国内乃至奥林匹克比赛
as the official training site
输送摔跤选手的专业训练地
for U.S.A. wrestling and the Olympic team.
也就是说
Now, this means that the
国家队将会住在这里进行封闭训练
national team would live here and train here.
除了出资赞助这个计划
On top of funding this program,
杜邦教练还愿意
coach Du Pont would be
每年向美国摔跤事业
willing to make a donation to U.S.A. wrestling
捐赠五十万美元
of $500,000 per year.
-那真是太好了 -是啊 确实很好
– That’s fantastic. – Yeah, that’s really nice.
杜邦先生 非常感谢您
Mr. Du Pont, thank you very much for…
狐狸猎手的精神
The spirit of Foxcatcher.
是种数世纪前就开始发展的理念
It is a philosophy which began generations ago.
-谢谢 -它不仅在于体育
– Thank you. – It is more than just sport.
训练这些年轻的运动员们时
And coaching these young athletes,
我还可以向他们
I am able to instill in
灌输一些我自己的人生经验
them the lessons that I have learned in life.
运动员们需要一个榜样
Athletes need role models.
和大家一样 他们也需要一个偶像
Like anyone, they need people to look up to.
教练于他们是父亲
A coach is a father.
是精神导师
A coach is a mentor.
教练对运动员的生活
A coach has great power…
有巨大的掌控和影响
great import on an athlete’s life.
我可以让你和另一个摔跤手一起住
We’ll put you in a house with another wrestler.
离体育馆不到一百米
Gym’s a hundred yards from it.
有很大空间让孩子们玩
There’s plenty of places for the kids to run around.
马克 稍等一下
Hey, Mark, I’ll just be…
好的 我会给她带好
All right. I’ll tell her you said hey.
期待你的回复 拜
I’m waiting to hear from you. Bye.
老弟
Hey, buddy.
去热个身 我马上就出来
Go on out and warm up. I’ll be out there in a minute.
-我再打一个电♥话♥ -我只是…
– I gotta make one more call. – Yeah, I just…
我不想待在这里
I don’t wanna be here.
我跟杨伯翰大学的比彻姆教练联♥系♥了
I called Coach Beacham at BYU.
他说他愿意接纳我们俩
He said he’d take both of us.
我们没时间做这么大的变动了
We don’t got time to make a big change like that.
好吧 那首尔奥♥运♥结束后呢
Okay, what about after Seoul?
马克
Mark…
我不知道未来会怎样
Look, I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the future,
但南希和我愿意
but Nancy and I would like to try
努力适应这里的生活
and make it work here.
你我都明白我没法在这里待下去
You and I both know that I can’t stay here.
我知道 马克
I know, Mark.
你还记得我们小时候吗
Hey, do you remember when we were kids?
记得我们当时过的日子吗
You remember how we lived?
四处搬家
Moving all over the place?
永远不知道我们会去哪
Never had any idea where or
在下一个地方又能待多久
how long we were gonna be anywhere.
还记得当时的感受吗
Remember how that was for us?
你觉得那样的日子好过吗
Was it easy for us?
不好过
No.
避免那种日子就是我对家的责任 马克
That’s my responsibility to my family, Mark.
我知道你会理解的
I know you understand that.
专心比赛 马克
Keep your head in the game, Mark.
去吧
Go on now.
戴夫 我是道格
Hi, Dave, I’m Doc.
-我是戴夫·舒尔茨 -幸会
– Doc, Dave Schultz. – Nice to meet you.
请坐在那里 好吗
Have a seat in the chair here, if you would.
开拍了
We’re rolling.
我们谈谈他做教练的理念吧
Let’s talk a bit about his philosophy as a coach.
他带领这个团队
What is his philosophy as the
和与你合作的理念是什么
individual that’s gonna lead this team and you?
约翰作为教练的理念就是带领摔跤手们
Well, John’s philosophy as a coach is to let the wrestlers…
抱歉
Sorry.
就是 去创造一个
Is to, um, create an environment
让运动员能心无旁骛地
where, uh, the athlete doesn’t have many obstacles
前进的路
to get past to be great.
-我来解释一下 -我不想被你引导
– Let’s get pointed here. – I… I’m not doing what you want me to.
-我说明一下 -你想让我说什么
– Let’s get pointed. – What are you looking for?
你知道我们的目的
You know what we’re trying to accomplish.
我们在拍纪录片
We’re making a documentary that
想要表现约翰有能力带领这个团队
shows John is gonna be able to lead this team,
带领你进入
lead you to levels of
我们未曾见过的摔跤世界的新领域
greatness in wrestling we haven’t seen before.
这就是主题 请你用一些他喜欢的词
And talk about that, but use some of those terms that he likes,
比如卓越 强烈和主宰这样的
like “Excellent” and “Intensity” and “Domination.”
好吧
All right.
约翰·杜邦
Well, John Du Pont…
什么来着 抱歉 能再问一遍问题吗
Say that again? I’m sorry. Can you ask me that question again?
约翰认为你在此事中角色重要
John sees you as important to this.
你是这个计划中的中心环节
You’re the closing chapter to this thing.
你是终章 是他的助理教练
You’re the end of it, and you’re his assistant coach.
他认为自己是你的导师
He sees himself as your mentor.
我希望你能看着镜头
I would like you to just look at the camera
聊聊约翰
and speak about John…
当做他是你的导师
as a mentor.
那我说什么
And say what exactly?
说他是你的导师
That he’s your mentor.
可以吗
Can you do that?
约翰·杜邦
John Du Pont…
算是我的导师吧
is kind of a mentor to me.
请看着镜头再说一次
Just look over here at the camera and say it again.
约翰·杜邦是我的导师
John Du Pont is a mentor to me.
我觉得我们应该
I thought maybe it’d be a
谈一谈 把事情说清楚
good idea if we talked, kind of clear the air.
我想确保你们清楚 我们希望
I wanna make sure you guys are clear that we expect
杜邦先生整个奥♥运♥会期间
that Mr. Du Pont is gonna be
都要作为马克的教练出场
in Mark’s corner throughout the Olympic Games.
之后我们可以征求他的意见 但首先
Well, we can ask him if that’s okay, but first,
我想强调一下我的几个要求
I’d like to raise a few things that are important to me.
第一 如果要我
One, if I’m gonna…
继续留在狐狸猎手
commit to staying on here at Foxcatcher,
你们就必须照顾马克
I need to know that Mark’s gonna be taken care of.
怎么个”照顾”
Well, taken care of how?
只要我在狐狸猎手
So long as I’m at Foxcatcher,
马克就有工资拿
Mark’s gonna get paid.
你是说他就算不在这里 我们也要付钱
You want him to be paid even if he’s not here?
没错 大概就是这个意思
Yeah, that’s pretty much it.
戴夫 你恐怕高估了
Dave, you may be overestimating
自己在狐狸猎手的价值
your importance to Foxcatcher.
可能如此
Well, that may be so.
我们可以试试看 但首先 约翰
We could test that, but I’m here to say, John,
我想继续我们在狐狸猎手开创的事业
I wanna continue what we’ve started here at Foxcatcher.
而确保我弟弟
And it’s important to me
生活无忧对我来说很重要
that I know that my brother is gonna be supported.
谢谢 约翰
Thanks, John.
好吧 你的要求我们满足了
Okay, you’ll get your deal, you’ll get your demands,
但这意味着你同意杜邦先生
but this means that Mr. Du Pont
整个奥♥运♥会期间都作为马克的教练出场
is gonna be seated in Mark’s corner throughout the Olympic Games.