谢谢
My compliments, sir.
他是军官的宠物 他就是那样的人
Officers pet. Officer’s pet, that’s what he is.
觉得这新工作怎样
How’s your hangover?
你真是个好人 我就知道
Sir, you’re the nicest Yankee I’ve ever known.
好了 出发吧
Well, let’s go.
柯温 如果是你
Quincannon, if that’s you,
就在外面站着吧 我不会
you can wait till payday. I’m not gonna…
在吃晚饭啊
Having dinner?
噢 好 我喝杯茶吧
Well, yes, I will have a cup of tea.
如果你一定要我吃
And if you urge me,
那我再吃一片蛋糕好了
I may even take a piece of pie.
晚上好中尉 最近很少见到你啊
Good evening, lieutenant. I haven’t been seeing much of you lately.
请别站着
Please don’t stand.
菲儿撒斯狄小姐 我
Phil… Miss Thursday, I…
我以为你会来看我的
I had hoped you might call.
你留了卡片给我 不是吗
You did leave your card, didn’t you?
这是你的卡片 不是吗
This is your card, isn’t it?
奥洛克中士 礼仪不是规定吗
Isn’t it proper, Sergeant Major o’Rourke…
一个军官应该留了卡片之后来拜访的吗
…for an officer to call after leaving his card?
是应该 但是
It would be, except that…
上校不让我和你说话 撒斯狄小姐
The colonel has forbidden me to address you, Miss Thursday.
但你现在就在跟我说话啊
But you are addressing me,
不是吗 中尉
aren’t you, lieutenant?
如果 如果一个年轻人不够
And if… If a young man hasn’t enough…
不够胆量去和女士说话
Enough gumption to address a young woman who…
即使那位女士的父亲是个上校
Who, even if her father is a colonel, well…
我觉得他没有我想像中那么勇敢
I don’t think he’s as brave as I think he is.
-你觉得呢 奥洛克夫人 -恩 对
– Do you, Mrs. O’Rourke? – No, I don’t.
女士 你父亲可是迈克尔的指挥官
Ma’am, your father is Michael’s commanding officer.
他必须服从命令
His orders will be obeyed.
撒斯狄小姐 我很抱歉 您最好离开
Miss Thursday, I’m afraid you’d best leave us.
迈克尔·奥洛克
Michael o’Rourke.
坐下 亲爱的
Sit down, dear.
你也坐下
And you sit down yourself.
还有你 哑了吗
And you, have you nothing to say?
还是你学了这个老公牛 没一点礼貌
Or have you learned your manners from this big bull of a man?
我要说的太多了
There’s much I’d say,
可是刀子就架在我脖子上
if I could get a word in edgewise.
撒斯狄小姐
Miss Thurs…
撒斯狄小姐
Miss Thursday…
如果我知道我跟不跟你说话
…if I had any thought that it really mattered
对你真有这么大影响
to you whether I spoke to you or not…
但我不敢相信你对我的看法和我对你的一样
But I couldn’t believe you felt the same way about me.
什么看法 中尉
And what way was that, lieutenant?
呃 我
Well, I…
撒斯狄小姐 可以出来一下吗
Miss Thursday, if you’ll just step outside.
上校 他来了
The colonel. He come.
他很生气
He very angry.
他知道她在这里
He know she here.
过来 菲拉德 我是来带你回去的
Come, Philadelphia. I’m here to bring you home.
我还没准备走 爸爸
I’m not ready to leave, Father.
他们邀请我吃晚饭
I’ve been invited to dinner.
你也留下吧 上校
Won’t you stay, colonel?
谢谢你 奥洛克夫人 或许下次吧
Thank you, Mrs. O’Rourke. Another time, perhaps.
那至少让我帮你取下帽子
Well, at least allow me to take your hat.
不好意思 过来 菲儿
I beg your pardon. Come, Phil.
上校 我会
Colonel Thursday, sir, I would…
奥洛克 我现在没有话要跟你说
Mr. O’Rourke, I want no words with you at this time.
-但 上校 -我刚才已经说了
– But, colonel, sir… – You heard me, sir.
出去 不要让我说出不好的话来
Now, get out of here before I say something I may regret.
这是我的家 欧文·撒斯狄上校
This is my home, Colonel owen Thursday.
在我的家 谁留谁走 我说了算
And in my home I will say who is to get out and who is to stay.
我还要提醒上校一下
And I will remind the colonel that his presence here,
您没有受到邀请进来这里
uninvited…
是不符合军队纪律的
…is contrary to Army regulations…
更不是一个绅士应该有的风度
…not to mention the code of a well-mannered man.
爸爸 别
Dad, please.
上校 我一直都想对你说
Colonel Thursday, sir, what I’ve been trying to tell you, sir…
我爱你的女儿
…is that I love your daughter.
我想当着你的面向她求婚
And I ask her now, in your presence, to be my wife.
我愿意 迈克尔
Yes, Michael.
我明白了
I see.
菲拉德 我希望你能重新考虑
Philadelphia, I ask you to reconsider.
不用了 爸爸
No, Father.
我告诉你这婚姻不适合你
I tell you, this is not a proper or suitable marriage for you.
我不这么认为
I can’t believe that.
奥洛克中士 请允许我说实话
Sergeant Major o’Rourke, you will pardon me for speaking bluntly.
但你作为未经任何委任的军官
But as a noncommissioned officer,
应该知道两家的差距
you are aware of the barrier…
-你和我的阶级 -我知道
…between your class and mine. – I am, sir.
但迈克尔也是军官啊 就算没有也没关系
But Michael’s an officer. Not that it makes any difference.
在军队里就是有关系 菲儿
It makes a difference in the Army, Phil.
中士很清楚 他的儿子应该也清楚
The sergeant major knows that, and his son should know it.
军队 并不是一切
The Army, sir, is not the whole world.
不是 但那是你的世界
No, but it’s your world,
也是你母亲和我的世界
and your mother’s world and my world.
我不再年轻了 如果你允许
I’m not as young as I once was. With your permission,
我想退休了
I’ll put in for retirement.
没有必要 中士
That won’t be necessary, sergeant major.
你也没有必要放弃你的职业
Nor need you, mister, give up your profession.
我女儿还没到合法年龄
My daughter is not of legal age.
没有我的批准 她不能嫁给你
She cannot marry without my consent.
两年之后我就够年龄了
I’ll be of age in two years.
中士 很抱歉
Sergeant major, I beg your pardon
没有收到邀请就进入你的房♥子
for entering your quarters without invitation.
奥洛克 很抱歉我对你说的话
Mr. O’Rourke, your pardon for my words.
走吧 菲儿
Come, Phil.
我不是小孩子了 而且我爱迈克尔
I’m not a child, and I love Michael.
我马上就安排你回东部
I’ll arrange at once for your return to the East.
你们有两年来忘记对方
You’ll have two years to forget each other.
奥洛克夫人
Mrs. O’Rourke…
向你致敬夫人
…my respects, ma’am.
-准备好了吗 -准备好了
– Ready? – Ready.
把酒放在桌上 一头一桶
Put the beer right back there on the table. One at each end.
轻点 轻点
Come on, step lively, step lively.
今晚再出什么错
Krausmeyr, one sour note out of you tonight
你就再回去养马
and back you go shoeing horses.
你也一样
The same goes for you, Derice.
现在你们又是中士了
Now you’ve got your stripes back.
我希望你们把最好的表现出来
I’ll expect you to be on your best behavior
起个很好的带头作用
and set a good example for the men.
别担心 亲爱的迈克尔
Oh, don’t worry, Michael, me darling.
我们会作出最好的榜样 酒放哪里
We’ll be the models of decorum. Now, where’s the punch?
-马坷伊 我 -迈克尔
– Mulcahy, l… – Michael.
马坷伊 你不能像去年那样
Mulcahy, you’ll not be spiking the refreshments
唬弄新兵了
this year like you did last.
一瓶就好 求你
Oh, just one bottle.
-不行 -迈克尔
– No, sir… – Michael.
去吧 去吧 都去吧
Go on, the whole of youse.
-晚上好 奥洛克 -晚上好 医生
– Good evening, o’Rourke. – Good evening, doctor.
你好 夫人
And Mrs. O’Rourke.
今晚真是跳舞的好日子 晴朗干净
It’s a fine night for a dance. Clear and dry.
是啊
Yes, sir.
-我想起来了 -放那边
– Which reminds me. – Right over there, sir.
-晚上好 奥洛克 -晚上好
– Good evening, o’Rourke. – Good evening, sir.
-夫人好 -晚上好
– And Mrs. O’Rourke. – Good evening.
中士 你不知道我
Oh, sergeant major, you have no idea
有多期待今天晚上呢
how I’ve been looking forward to tonight.
我一直在跟队长唠叨
I’m forever telling the captain…
没有委任的军官家里的舞会
…that it’s the noncommissioned officers’ dance