回去告诉他们我们的位置
Get to Fort Grant. Tell them where we are.
告诉他们 如果动作够快
Tell them we may still be alive
我们还有活命的可能 快点
if they hurry. Move.
一定要和那女孩结婚
And marry that girl.
士兵
Trooper.
拿好枪 守住岗位
Stand by your guns, men. Stand by your guns.
你来指挥 我去去就回
Flarety, you’re in charge. I’ll be back.
我们已经上了山脊了
We’ve dug in on the ridge, sir.
有很多水 还有弹♥药♥
Plenty of water and ammunition.
我派人回去请援兵了
I sent a courier to Fort Grant,
只要我们能坚持住
if we can only hold out.
来 上我的马
Here, get on my horse.
我要借用一下你的马刀 队长
I’ll trouble you for your saber, captain.
我的马刀
My saber?
我必须重新回去指挥
I must rejoin my command.
指挥已经失败了
The command is wiped out, sir,
没办法了
and there’s nothing we can do about it.
我不是在问你意见 约克队长
I’m not asking your opinion, Captain York.
一旦指挥了军队 就得坚持到底
When you command this regiment, and you probably will, command it.
这是你的马刀
Your saber, sir.
还有什么问题吗 队长
Any questions, captain?
没问题了
No questions.
这次你迟到了 欧文
This time you were late, owen.
我向你道歉
You have my apologies.
奥洛克中士 我向你道歉
Sergeant Major o’Rourke, my apologies, sir.
留着跟我们的孙子道歉吧
You can save them, sir, for our grandchildren.
别开枪 伙计
Hold your fire, men.
别开枪
Hold your fire.
但是 同志们我提醒你们
However, gentlemen, I warn you,
这可能是长♥期♥的战争
this may be a long campaign.
可能很长时间也没有什么头条
It may be weeks before you have any headlines for your newspapers.
如果我们盯住杰罗尼摩 就不愁头条了
If we catch Geronimo, that will be headline enough.
你的军团也会更加出名
And more glory for your regiment.
他肯定是个伟大的人
He must have been a great man.
一个伟大的士兵
And a great soldier.
没有人死得比他更英勇了
No man died more gallantly…
他为军团赢得了最大的荣耀
…nor won more honor for his regiment.
当然 你们对撒斯狄指挥官的那幅画
Of course, you’re familiar with the famous painting
应该也很熟悉吧
of Thursday’s charge, sir.
是啊 上次在华盛顿的时候我看到了
Yes, I saw it when last in Washington.
画得真好啊
That was a magnificent work.
里面有一大帮阿帕契人
There were massed columns of Apaches
红色的羽毛帽子
in their war paint and feather bonnets…
撒斯狄就在里面
…and here was Thursday,
带领着他的手下英勇作战
leading his men in that heroic charge.
一点也没错
Correct in every detail.
他几乎成了一个传奇人物了
He’s become almost a legend already.
他是每一个美国学生的偶像
He’s the hero of every schoolboy in America.
但那些和他一起牺牲的人怎样了
But what of the men who died with him?
-克林伍斯 还有 -是克林伍德
– What of Collingworth and… – Collingwood.
噢 对 克林伍德
Oh, of course, Collingwood.
那就是讽刺的地方
That’s the ironic part of it.
我们总是记得撒斯狄
We always remember the Thursdays,
其他人却被遗忘了
but the others are forgotten.
那你就错了
You’re wrong there.
他们没有被遗忘 因为他们没有死
They aren’t forgotten because they haven’t died.
他们还活着就在那
They’re living. Right out there.
克林伍德和其他所有的人
Collingwood and the rest.
只要军团一天还在 他们就活着
And they’ll keep on living as long as the regiment lives.
每月13美元包三餐 豆子和稻草
Pay is $ 13 a month, their diet, beans and hay.
战争结束前 可能还有马肉吃
Maybe horsemeat before this campaign is over.
他们为了打牌喝威士忌打架
They’ll fight over cards or rotgut whiskey
但却会共享最后一滴酒
but share the last drop in their canteens.
面孔可能变
Faces may change…
名字也不同
…and names…
但他们就在那
…but they’re there.
就在军团里
They’re the regiment.
常规军
The regular Army.
现在和50年以后
Now and 5o years from now.
他们会成为更好的人
They’re better men than they used to be.
撒斯狄就是这样
Thursday did that.
他的指挥让人引以为豪
He made it a command to be proud of.
-准备好了 -谢谢你 中士
– The command is formed, sir. – Thank you, sergeant major.
是时间行动了
And now it’s time to move.
还有什么问题吗 同志们
Questions, gentlemen?
没有了
No.
非常感谢 上校
hank you very much, colonel.
同志们 这是我的副官 奥洛克中尉
Gentlemen, this is my adjutant, Lieutenant o’Rourke…
-他会照顾你们的 -你们好
…who will take care of you. – Gentlemen.
这是奥洛克夫人 撒斯狄将军的女儿
Mrs. Michael o’Rourke, General Thursday’s daughter.
-你好 -这是奥洛克夫人
– How do you do. – And the Mrs. O’Rourke.
很高兴见到你 夫人
It’s a pleasure, ma’am.
这就是迈克尔·撒斯狄·约克·奥洛克
And this is Michael Thursday York o’Rourke…
军团里最优秀的人 是不是 小混♥蛋♥
…the best man in the regiment. Aren’t you, you scut?
前进
Forward face.
#I’m lonesome since I crossed the hill#
#And over the moor and valley#
#Such heavy thoughts my heart do fill since parting with my Sally#
#I seek no more the fine and gay for each does but remind me#
#How swift the hours did pass away with the girl l’ve left behind me#