是最好的舞会
that is the nicest dance.
你不觉得吗 奥洛克夫人
Don’t you think so, Mrs. O’Rourke?
-噢 当然 我 -还有中士
– Well, of course, l… – And, sergeant major…
你可以邀请我跳支舞吗
…will you please claim me for a dance?
非常荣幸 夫人
With the greatest of pleasure, ma’am.
-对了 我 -那边
– By the way, l… – Right over there, sir.
谢谢你
Thank you, Krausmeyr.
再一次 我代表这里的全体军官
Again, on behalf of the officers of Fort Apache…
感谢这些没有委任的军官和他们的夫人们
…I wish to thank the noncommissioned officers and their ladies…
为我们举办如此盛大的晚会
…for this grand party.
食物好极了
The food is exquisite.
还有这酒太棒了
And the punch, wow.
晚上好
Good evening, Krausmeyr.
所以按这里的规矩
And so, as is customary at Fort Apache…
指挥官 欧文·撒斯狄上校
…the commanding officer, Colonel owen Thursday…
将会带着中士的夫人进场
…will lead out the wife of our sergeant major…
迷人的奥洛克夫人
…the charming Mrs. Michael o’Rourke.
请允许我
With your permission…
奥洛克夫人 可以跟我跳支舞吗
…Mrs. O’Rourke, may I have the honor?
我很乐意 上校
It will be a pleasure, Colonel Thursday.
现在奥洛克中士会带着上校的夫人
And now, Sergeant Major o’Rourke will lead out the colonel’s lady…
像今晚的情况
…in this case, his lovely daughter,
是他可爱的女儿代替菲拉德小姐
Miss Philadelphia Thursday.
现在 女士们先生们
And now, ladies and gentlemen…
赶快把你们的舞伴带进晚会吧
…quickly take your partners for the grand march.
-很荣幸小姐 -谢谢你
– My pleasure, miss. – Thank you.
走开 米奇汉 要不我打断你的腿
Get out of my way, Meacham, or I’ll break both your legs.
现在请允许我领您进去
Of course, with your permission.
带他们到处走走 然后绑好绳子 好吗
Walk him around then rub him down, will you, son.
约克队长
Captain York.
-怎样 -柯伊斯已经过河了
– Well? – Cochise has crossed the river, sir.
他会和所有人过来和平谈判
He’s coming in with all his people, wants to talk peace.
-他回到美国境内了 -是的
– He’s returned to American soil? – Yes, sir.
现在 如果上校允许
Now, with the colonel’s permission…
我想把这墨西哥的灰尘
…I’d like to shake some of this Mexican adobe dust
打扫打扫再回来参加舞会
and get back to the dance.
没时间了 军团黎明要出发
There’ll be no time for that. The regiment moves out at dawn.
军团
The regiment?
柯伊斯说他见你和我 还有米奇汉
Cochise says he’ll meet with you and me and Meacham.
我们会商量一下细节 然后不带武器去
We’ll take a small detail and go unarmed.
我会安排好车
I’ve arranged a rendezvous this side of the Dragoons.
中士 请你停止舞会
Sergeant major, you’ll stop the dance.
传令下去
Pass the word to the first sergeants.
准备在黎明出发
Prepare their troops to march at dawn.
分队领队马上到总部集♥合♥
Troop commanders will meet at headquarters at once.
上校 如果你派兵出去
Colonel, if you send out the regiment,
柯伊斯会觉得我们骗了他
Cochise will think I’ve tricked him.
没错 我们就是骗了他
Exactly. We have tricked him.
骗他回到美国领土范围
Tricked him into returning to American soil.
我一定要保证他留在这里
I intend to see that he stays here.
撒斯狄上校 我已经跟柯伊斯保证过了
Colonel Thursday, I gave my word to Cochise.
我不能对任何人撒谎
No man is gonna make a liar out of me, sir.
你跟一个野蛮人能保证什么
Your word to a breechclouted savage?
他不过是个强盗 凶狠的杀人犯
An illiterate, uncivilized murderer
不守信用的人
and treaty-breaker?
美国和柯伊斯根本
There’s no question of honor, sir,
没有信用的问题
between an American officer and Cochise.
但我和他之间有
There is to me, sir.
约克队长
Captain York…
你可能是在上次战争中 带领了你的团队
…you may have commanded your own regiment in the late war…
但只要你在我的部队里
…but so long as you command a troop in mine,
你就要听我的命令
you will obey my orders.
你知道怎么做了 中士
You have your instructions, sergeant major.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen…
军官们 和没有委任的军官们 请注意
…officers and noncommissioned officers, your attention, please.
指挥官有令
By order of the commanding officer…
下一支舞曲结束后
…this night’s entertainment will conclude with
今晚的舞会也结束了
the playing of the next dance.
舞会之后所有的中士
After the dance, all first sergeants…
队长代理 中士下士 厨师还有面包师
…quartermasters, saddler sergeants, farriers, cooks and bakers…
在总部向我报到
…report to me at headquarters.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen…
没有委任的军官们
…the noncommissioned officers of Fort Apache…
向你们致以深深的歉意
…offer their deep regrets.
我代表他们对你们出席晚会表示感谢
And on their behalf, I wish to thank you for attending this dance.
请奏乐
Krausmeyr, if you please.
合你的口味吗 亲爱的
Is it to your taste, Johnny, darling?
成四列
Column of fours.
-第一队成四列 向左转 -向左转
– First troop, fours left. – Fours left.
成四列 向左转
Fours left.
成四列 向左传
Fours left.
#And over the moor and valley#
#Such heavy thoughts my heart do fill since parting with my Sally#
#I seek no more the fine and gay for each does but remind me#
#How swift the hours did pass away with the girl l’ve left behind me#
#I seek no more the fine and gay for each does but remind me#
#How swift the hours did pass away with the girl l’ve left behind me#
克林伍德夫人 不好意思 夫人
Mrs. Collingwood. Excuse me, ma’am.
这是克林伍德的调任通知
It’s Captain Collingwood’s transfer,
夫人 刚到的
ma’am. It just came through.
快去 快赶上去叫他回来
Oh, run. Run or send someone after. Call him back.
对啊 艾米利阿姨
Yes, Aunt Emily.
我不知道 -有什么不知道的
– I don’t know. – What is there to know?
叫他回来啊
Go get him.
萨姆不是个懦夫 他从来都不是
Sam’s no coward. He never was.
谁说懦夫的事情了
Who’s talking about cowardice?
别傻了
Don’t be a fool, woman.
快点去把克林伍德队长叫回来
Tom, get mounted. Go bring Captain Collingwood back.
不要
No.
-等队长回来再给他看 -是 夫人
– Keep this for the captain’s return. – Yes, ma’am.
我看不到他了
I can’t see him.
我只看到满眼的旗子
All I can see is the flags.
停
Squadron, halt.
有宿营地
It’s the encampment, sir.
应该在一英里之内
Must be about a mile up.
大概有300人 或多一点
Three hundred wickiups or more.
非常好
Very good.
代我跟约克队长说 我很满意
Bugler, my compliments to Captain York.
-让他跟我直接报告 -是
– Have him report to me. – Yes, sir.
什么事
Yes?
那就是你要和柯伊斯约定见面的地点吗
Is that approximately where you were to meet Cochise, captain?
是 差不多
Just about.
我的军官都称呼我上校的 约克队长
My officers will address me as “sir,” Captain York.
是 上校 可以了吗 上校
Yes, sir. Will that be all, sir?
还不行
It will not.
我要你把人员安置好
I propose, York, to deploy the men.
派两个分队到北边 两支到东边
Two troops to the north, one to the east.
我们会在宿营地会合
We will then converge on the encampment.
我不能那样做
I wouldn’t do that, sir.
我不是在问你意见
I’m not asking your advice,
队长 我是在下达命令
captain. I’m merely stating.
阿帕契人没有去北边或东边
The Apache, sir, are neither to the north nor the east.
他们也不在宿营地里
Nor are they in their encampment.
但如果你有看到
But if you’d have been watching the dust swirls
向南飞扬的灰尘
to the south like most of us…
你就会知道他们就在那边
…you’d see that they’re right there.
那是奥切萨
That’s Alchesay.
他们的人数是我们的四倍
They out number us four to one.
我们是谈判还是打战
Do we talk or fight?
看来你很容易被数字吓倒啊 队长
You seem easily impressed by numbers, captain.
不管怎样 我尊重你对柯伊斯的诺言
However, I’ll honor your word to Cochise.
告诉他 我们是来谈判的
Tell him we’ve come to talk.
同志们 请允许我
Gentlemen, I have the honor…