Look, in that highly unlikely scenario…
如果我们无法达成一致…
if we just can’t agree…
那么 是的
then, yes.
我是说 不行
I mean, no.
你是对的
You are correct.
你不能参加
You do not go.
“我作为一名制♥造♥者
“My integrity as a constructor,
一个男人 一个意大利人
“as a man, as an Italian,
被你们的提案深深地侮辱了”
“is deeply insulted by your proposal.”
“滚回密歇根去”
“Go back to Michigan.”
“滚回你那庞大丑陋的工厂去”
“Back to your big, ugly factory.”
“滚回你那庞大丑陋的工厂
“Back to your big, ugly factory,
去制♥造♥丑陋的小汽车”
making its ugly, little cars.”
“告诉你那顽固的老板
“Tell your pigheaded boss that
他这些自以为是的管理层
“all his, uh, smug executives
都是一文不值的王八蛋”
“are worthless sons of whores.”
告诉他 他不是亨利·福特
Tell him he’s not Henry Ford.
他是亨利·福特二世
He’s Henry Ford II.
我饿了 我们去吃东西吧
底特律独♥立♥报
菲亚特收♥购♥法拉利
恩佐保留完全控制权 赛车部门保持独♥立♥
福特遭拒绝
他耍了我们
He played us.
恩佐那个老家伙本来就没打算卖♥♥给我们
Old Man Enzo had no intention of selling to us.
他是利用我们来抬价
He used us to up his price…
让我们公♥司♥蒙羞 还侮辱了你的领导力
embarrass our company and insult your leadership.
整件事从一开始就不是个好主意
It was a bad idea from the start.
他到底说了什么
What exactly did he say?
他说福特制♥造♥丑陋的小汽车
He said Ford makes ugly little cars,
还说我们的工厂…
and we make ’em…
很丑陋
in an ugly factory.
他说我们的管理层都是王八蛋
He said our executives are sons of whores.
说了我什么
About me?
他说您胖 先生
He called you fat, sir.
顽固
Pigheaded.
继续
Go on.
他说您不是亨利·福特
He said you’re not Henry Ford.
您只是亨利·福特二世
You’re Henry Ford II.
我要找到最好的工程师
I want the best engineers.
最好的车手
The best drivers.
我不在乎花费
I don’t care what it costs.
我们要造一辆赛车
We’re gonna build a race car.
我们要把那个
And we’re gonna bury
浑身机油的意大利佬
that goddamn greasy wop
深埋在勒芒终点线的百尺之下
100 feet deep under the finish line at Le Mans.
我会亲自到场见证这一幕的
And I will be there to watch it.
她们来了 快快快
Here they come. Go, go, go, go.
混♥蛋♥
Assholes.
你们太可悲了
You’re really pathetic.
十分抱歉 美女们
I’m so sorry, girls.
查理
Charlie!
别成天冲着女孩子们扔爆竹了
Quit throwing crackers at the girls all damn day.
该死的
God damn it.
需要我去处理吗
Do I gotta deal with this?
已经处理好了
It’s already taken care of.
抱歉
Sorry about that.
没错 289立方英寸的V8发动机
So, yeah, 289 cubic inch V8.
牛逼
Far out.
大范围地改造了AC Ace跑车的前段
Extensive rework of AC Ace’s front end.
配有更强的后差速器来应付扭矩
And a stronger rear diff to handle the torque.
它在402米加速赛里表现如何
How’s she handle a quarter mile?
我不是让你去参加直线加速赛
Well, now, I’m not saying you should go drag racing,
但它跑402米用时13.6秒
but a quarter mile’s 13.6.
没错
Yeah.
-这样算快的吗 -非常快了
– Is that good? – Oh, that’s real good.
他这周之内把同一辆车卖♥♥了三遍了
He sold that same car three times this week.
-收现金吗 现金可以吗 -现金可以
– You take cash? Is cash okay? – Cash is okay.
没错 先生
Yeah, mister,
你刚给自己买♥♥了辆了不得的跑车
you just bought yourself one hell of a sport car.
好啊
All right.
你猜怎么着 我得… 菲尔
Tell you what, I’m gonna… Phil!
我让我的同事来接待你
I’m gonna pass you off to my colleague here.
他会好好招呼你的
He gonna take care of you.
-菲尔 这位是怀亚特 -你好
– Phil, Wyatt. – Hello.
怀亚特 我把他借走一下
Wyatt, I’m gonna steal him for one second.
你来收钱
You take the payment.
无论你用什么方法 别让他把车开走
Whatever you do, do not let him take that car.
那是杰夫·布利策的车
That’s Jeff Blitzer’s car.
也是弗兰克·柯林斯和史蒂夫·麦奎恩的车
And Frank Collins’ and Steve McQueen’s.
该死 我忘了麦奎恩了
Shit. I forgot about McQueen.
早上好
Morning.
有什么事吗
Can I help you?
卡罗尔·谢尔比
Carroll Shelby?
也许吧
Maybe.
李·艾亚科卡 福特汽车
Lee Iacocca, Ford Motor.
这个扳手有什么故事
What’s with the wrench?
那个啊 说来话长了
That? Oh, long story.
我们这里越做越大了 李
We are just going from strength to strength here, Lee.
销♥售♥额亮眼 赛道上成绩斐然
Terrific sales, we’re killing it on the track.
我知道上一批发动机的钱
Now, I know I owe Ford
我还没给福特…
for that last batch of engines…
谢尔比先生 你放心
Mr. Shelby, I can assure you
我来这里不是为了
I’m not here for money
你欠福特的那些零部件的钱
that you might owe Ford for spare parts.
不是为这个
You’re not?
不 不是的
No, I’m not.
好吧
Okay.
我是代表福特先生来的 亨利·福特二世
I’m here on behalf of Mr. Ford, Henry Ford II.
如果 假设一下
Suppose, um, hypothetically,
他希望他的公♥司♥
that he wanted his company
能赢得勒芒24小时耐力赛
to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
你是少数赢过的美国人
You’re one of the only Americans that’s ever done it…
所以我想知道
so I’m wondering…
要付出什么努力
what’s it take?
假设吗
Hypothetically?
假设
Hypothetically.
要付出的努力是钱买♥♥不到的
It takes something money can’t buy.
钱可以买♥♥来速度
Money can buy speed.
但与速度无关 李
But it isn’t about speed, Lee.
它不像其它的赛道
It’s not just like those other tracks
只需要四个小时里不断左转
where all you do is turn to the left for four hours.
要想赢 需要一辆车
To win that race, you need a car
足够轻 可以在直道上达到时速320公里
that’s light enough to do 200 on the straightaways
足够强 可以保持这个速度
but strong enough to keep that up
连续跑近五千公里
for 3,000 miles without a break.
需要的不仅是
Not just the best car
你们制♥造♥过的最好的车 还要
y’all have ever made, but better than anything
比恩佐·法拉利当年参赛的车更好
that Enzo Ferrari shows up with that year.
这还只是你的入场券
And that just gets you to the green flag.
接下来才是真正的问题
That’s where your problems really start.
没事吧
Is everything okay?
一边去
Go away.
所以你觉得有难度
So you’re saying it’s challenging.
听着 那都不算是赛道 李
Look, it’s not even a track, Lee.
勒芒是13.7公里的乡村道路
Le Mans is eight and a half miles of country road.
狭窄崎岖 很难开
It’s narrow, ungraded, it’s rough.
转弯处没有预拱度 也没有栏杆
There’s no camber on the turns, no rails.
要开24小时
You gotta do that for 24 hours.
24小时啊 李
Twenty-four hours, Lee.
也就是说包括夜晚
That means night.
有一半的时间是夜里 屁都看不清
Half that race is in the dark. You can’t see shit.
时不时有车不知道从哪窜出来
Cars coming up on you out of nowhere.