太快了 绝对太快了
Too soon. Surely too soon.
维修工真的非常值得尊重…
One has to really be respectful of the mechanism with any…
有条大新闻
Here’s the big story,
先前处于领先地位的里奇·金瑟尔驾驶的福特
the lead Ford, driven by Richie Ginther,
由于变速箱故障退出了 最新的领先者是…
retired with gearbox trouble, and the new leader…
变速箱 我告诉过他们 一定要小心
Gearbox. I told them. Be gentle with it.
和他的搭档洛伦佐·班迪尼
…and his partner Lorenzo Bandini…
他是去年获奖车手之一
…who was one of the winning drivers last year.
是谁
Who’s there?
我们又回来了
Again, we’re back,
为您实时转播法国的勒芒赛事
speaking to you live from Le Mans, France.
勒芒24小时耐力赛 第33届国际汽车
The 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Grand Prix of Endurance,
耐力大奖赛
the 33rd renewal.
你在听什么广播
What’s that you’re listening to?
法国的一场比赛
Oh, some race over in France.
很精彩吗
Exciting?
我没怎么听
I’m not really paying much attention.
然而 菲尔 回首1933年
However, Phil, there was one time in 1933,
领先者变化了三次
when the lead changed hands three times.
♪ I ain’t lyin’ ♪
I Put a Spell on You – Nina Simone
♪ No, I ain’t lyin’ ♪
这不算是香槟…
It’s not exactly champagne…
♪ You know I can’t stand it… ♪
但至少也有气泡
but it’s got bubbles.
♪ You know better, daddy ♪
♪ I can’t stand it ’cause you put me down ♪
♪ Yeah, yeah ♪
♪ I put a spell on you ♪
♪ Because you’re mine ♪
♪ You’re mine ♪
谢谢 莫莉
Thanks, Mollie.
♪ Yeah, yeah ♪
♪ Oh, yeah ♪
福特汽车公♥司♥
底特律独♥立♥报
福特惨败
福特和法拉利之间是有区别的
There’s a difference between Ford and Ferrari…
格蕾丝
Grace.
好的 先生 我马上带他进来
Yes, sir. I will send him right in.
行政前台
谢谢
Thank you.
谢尔比先生 福特先生现在可以见你了
Mr. Shelby, Mr. Ford will see you now.
-好 -你还愿意
– All right. – Are you still willing
赌上名誉相信这个人吗
to stake your reputation on this guy?
这边请 谢尔比先生
This way, Mr. Shelby.
福特先生
Mr. Ford.
各位
Gentlemen.
谢尔比
Shelby.
给我一个理由 说服我不解雇
Give me one reason why I don’t fire everyone
由你牵头的这一群残兵败将
associated with this abomination starting with you.
先生
Well, sir…
我坐在外面舒服的休息室里
I was thinking about that very question
就在想这个问题
as I sat out there in your lovely waiting room.
当我坐在那里
As I was sitting there…
我看见那个小小的红色文件夹
I watched that little red folder right there…
四次经手…
go through four pairs of hands…
才到达您手里
before it got to you.
当然这还不包括
‘Course that doesn’t include…
文件送到十九楼之前
the 22 or so other Ford employees
很可能会接触文件的
who probably poked at it
二十多位其他福特员工
before it made its way up to the 19th floor.
恕我直言 先生
All due respect, sir,
官僚主义是无法赢下比赛的
you can’t win a race by committee.
您需要一个负责人
You need one man in charge.
依我之见 好消息是
Now, the good news, as I see it,
即使面临这些重重困难
is that even with all the extra weight…
我们还是成功摆布了
we still managed to put old Mr. Ferrari
法拉利老头
exactly where we want him.
是吗
Did we?
是的
Oh, yes.
解释一下
Expand.
这…
Well…
当然了 我们之前没有…
sure, we hadn’t…
我们还没解决该如何过弯
We haven’t worked out how to corner yet.
发动机过热
Or stay cool.
抓地力也不足
Or stay on the ground.
而且很多零件都坏了
And a lot of stuff broke.
事实上 唯一没坏的地方是刹车
In fact, the only thing that didn’t break was the brakes.
而且说白了 我们都没办法打包票
Hell, right now, we don’t even know
车漆能不能撑24小时不掉色
if our paint job will last the whole 24 hours.
但最后一圈
But our last lap…
我们在慕尚直道上跑出了350公里的时速
we clocked 218 miles an hour down the Mulsanne Straight.
虽然恩佐老头有多年赛车经历
Now, in all his years of racing…
他也没见过能跑这么快的车
old Enzo ain’t never seen anything move that fast.
现在他明白了
And now he knows…
毫无疑问
without a doubt…
我们的车要比他的快
we’re faster than he is…
哪怕是我们派错了车手上场
even with the wrong driver…
还存在官僚主义
and all the committees.
他此时此刻
And that’s what he’s thinking about
坐在意大利摩德纳想的就是这件事
while he’s sitting in Modena, Italy… right now.
那家伙现在吓坏了
That man is scared to death…
他怕您今年会变得足够明智
that this year you actually might be smart enough
开始信任我
to start trusting me.
没错
So, yeah…
您完全摆布了法拉利
I’d say you got Ferrari exactly where you want him.
不用谢
You’re welcome.
过来
Come here.
看到那座小建筑了吗
See that little building down there?
二战期间
In World War II…
五分之三的美国轰炸机在那里生产
three out of five US bombers rolled off that line.
你以为打败希♥特♥勒♥的是罗斯福吗
You think Roosevelt beat Hitler?
再好好想想
Think again.
这不是福特汽车公♥司♥
This isn’t the first time
第一次上欧洲战场了
Ford Motor’s gone to war in Europe.
我们会做的可不只是摆弄文件
We know how to do more than push paper.
这家公♥司♥只有一个老大
And there is one man running this company.
你直接向他汇报
You report to him.
明白了吗
You understand me?
是 先生
Yes, sir.
去吧 卡罗尔 准备作战
Go ahead, Carroll. Go to war.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
你说得没错
You were right.
就是变速箱的问题
It’s the gearbox.
我们开得太心急了
We ran too hot.
四个里面坏了三个
Three out of four of ’em broke.
拉杆也弄坏了另一个
The rod blew on the other one.
我们要重回赛场了 肯
We’re going back, Ken.
他们说这次归我全权负责
They told me I had “Carte blanche” this time.
我查了下 这是法语”胡说八道”的意思
I looked it up. It’s French for “Horseshit.”
我知道他们肯定还会想尽一切办法
I know they’re gonna squeeze our nuts any way they can
来打♥压♥我们
soon as they work out how.
那个…
Well, the, uh…
我买♥♥的冰淇淋要化了
ice cream’s melting.
好吧 肯
All right. Hey, Ken.
你是想让我道歉吗
You want me to apologize?
要我求你吗
You want me to beg?
我也不知道 可以试试
I don’t know. Let’s try it out.
你先试了再说
Let’s, uh, see how that feels.
肯 对不起
Ken, I’m sorry.
真心的
Sincerely.
你知道我为了能让赛车上跑道
Do you have any idea the kind of shit that I had to eat
受了多少脸色吗
just to get four wheels on that grid?
你不知道
No, you don’t.
因为你完全不用为那些事操心
‘Cause you don’t deal with any of that stuff.
所以别磨叽了 肯 我们还有正事要做
Now knock it off, Ken. We got work to do,
车又不是从天上掉下来的
and this car ain’t gonna build itself.