Sir, we are trying She asked me a question.
先生 我们在 她问我一个问题
She is asking us questions, not you.
她是在问我们 不是你
I don’t see anybody arresting no Smithfield managers.
我没看到有人来逮捕史密斯菲德的经理
Nobody in the plant that had anything to do
这个加工厂里
with the fact that those workers were hired
没人会对雇佣的工人被逮捕
is being arrested.
而出面干涉
What we see today is workers
我们看到的是
who were producing for this company and working hard
被逮捕的都是那些
those are the people who get arrested.
为企业生产辛勤工作的工人们
We want to pay the cheapest price for our food.
我们总希望以最低的价格购买♥♥食品
We don’t understand that that comes at a price.
可我们不明白这是有代价的
These workers, they’ve been here for 10, 15 years
这些工人已经在这里工作了10年15年
processing your bacon, your holiday ham,
加工你手里的熏肉 火腿
and now they’re getting picked up like they’re criminals.
现在他们却像罪犯一样被收拾
And these companies are making billions of dollars.
而这些企业却还在大把大把地赚钱
Is cheapness everything that there is?
廉价就是我们追求的一切吗
Who wants to buy the cheapest car?
谁会愿意买♥♥最便宜的车
We’re willing to subsidize
我们希望通过
the food system to create the “mystique”
补贴食品生产体系
of cheap food,
来创造一个廉价食品的神话
when actually it’s very expensive food
而当你算上环境成本
when you add up the environmental costs
社会成本 健康成本
societal costs, health costs.
就发现成本其实相当昂贵
The industrial food is not honest food.
工业化体系下的食品行业充斥着谎言
It’s not priced honestly. it’s not produced honestly.
不论是在价格上 生产上
It’s not processed honestly.
还是在加工过程中
There’s nothing honest about that food.
你不能相信那种食品
I can’t think of a better use for a Smithfield box.
我觉得史密斯菲德的盒子用在这里最适合
It was about a five-hour drive,
大约5个小时的车程
maybe 300, 400 miles.
大概三四百英里
So yeah.
所以
It’s worth it.
挺值的
I have no desire to scale up or get bigger.
我没有什么做大做强的野心
My desire is to produce the best food in the world
我只想生产出世界上最好的食品
and heal.
治愈畸形的市场
And if in doing so
如果这么做能够
more people come to our corner and want stuff,
让更多人来这里购买♥♥食品
then Heaven help me figure out how to meet the need
那是老天帮我找到既满足人们的需求
without compromising the integrity.
又不泯灭良心的办法
That– that’s where I am.
这是我想做的
I have absolutely no desire
我没有一点野心
to be at Wal-mart.
要进军沃尔玛超♥市♥
As soon as you grasp for that growth,
一旦你看透了那种发展壮大的模式
you’re gonna view your customer differently,
就会换一种眼光看待你的消费者
you’re gonna view your product differently,
看待你的产品
You’re gonna view your business differently.
看待你的生意
You’re gonna view everything that is the most important–
甚至每一件重要的事情
you’re gonna view that differently.
你都会用不同的眼光看待
This is our new organic line of popcorn.
这是我们的新产品 有机爆米花
This is vitasoy soy milk,
这是维他奶
the best soy milk in the entire world.
世界上最好的豆奶
This entire show when it first started
这个展览会最开始的时候
was the size of this column right here.
只有一列展台的规模
Several of us were sleeping in our booths.
我们当中有些人就睡在展台
We couldn’t afford hotel rooms.
因为住不起宾馆
Organic’s been growing over 20% annually.
有机食品行业以每年20%的速度增长
It’s one of the fastest-growing segments
是食品工业中
in the food industry.
发展最快的部门之一
My God! Ah!
天呐 啊
We’re not gonna get rid of capitalism.
我们无法脱离资本主义
Certainly we’re not gonna get rid of it
尤其是当我们处于
in the time that we need to arrest global warming
抵♥制♥全球变暖
and reverse the toxification
防止空气食品和水被
of our air, our food and our water.
有害物污染的时代
We need to be much more urgent.
我们应当更有紧迫感
If we attempt to make perfect the enemy of the good
如果我们让”完美”成为”良好”的敌人
and say we’re only going to buy food
还声称只买♥♥
from the most-perfect system
100英里之内最完美的食品
within 100 miles of us, we’re never gonna get there.
我们便永远也做不到
As an environmentalist, it was pretty clear to me
作为一个环保人士 我很清楚
that business was the source of all the pollution,
商业是一切污染的源泉
business was the source of basically all the things
甚至可以说
that were destroying this world.
是一切毁灭世界的问题的来源
In college I came across this little institute
上大学时我偶然发现这个小研究所
called New Alchemy Institute,
名字叫新雅格美研究所
which was a group of renegade biologists.
由一群叛逆的生物学家组成
My hope is to give you
我的愿望是带给你
We were preaching a kind of a new religion,
我们在倡导一种新的信仰
trying to develop food and waste-treatment alternatives,
试图研制食品和污水处理的替代物
but we were preaching to the convinced.
但结果有点对牛弹琴
We were depending on
我们仰赖的是
sources of support that were dried up
寥寥无几的支持者
and we weren’t reaching the audience
同时我们也没有找对
that really needed these messages.
真正需要这些信息的受众
I realized we need to not be David
我意识到我们不应该像
up against Goliath. We need to be Goliath.
反对哥利亚的大卫 而应该像哥利亚一样
When we started out, we were a seven-cow farm.
创业之初 我们只有7头牛
We wanted to prove that
我们想证明
business could be part of the solution
商业也可能成为
to the globe’s environmental problems.
全球环境问题的解决方法之一
At the same time we had to prove
同时我们还须证明
that we could be highly profitable.
我们有很大的赢利空间
Today in 2008, not only are
时至2008年
we the No.3 yogurt brand in America,
我们不止是美国第三大酸奶品牌
but we’re among the most profitable.
并且跻身利润额最高的企业行列
See, this is the interesting thing.
你看 这很有趣
A little company like this is now Kraft,
那家小公♥司♥就是现在的卡夫集团
but you don’t have any idea that it’s Kraft.
但是你一点都看不出来是卡夫
This is now Pepsi. That’s now Kellogg’s.
这是现在的百事 那是现在的凯洛格
Kashi is Kellogg’s? Yeah.
卡西公♥司♥就是凯洛格吗 是的
This is Colgate now. Oh, is it?
这是现在的佳得乐 真的吗
Yeah, this is one of those companies that started like us.
是的 也是像我们一样白手起家的企业
Well, it’s Make them different?
这个… 让他们脱颖而出的
Make them successful, basically.
主要是引领他们成功
The jury is out. I have to put it that way.
还没有定论 我只能这么说
These large companies don’t grow organically.
这些大公♥司♥并非仅靠自身发展
They grow by acquisition.
而是通过兼并壮大起来
Coke, Pepsi, Kellogg’s, General Mills–
可口可乐 百事 凯洛格 通用磨坊
all of them are running,
他们都在奋力前行
not walking, into the organic food business.
而不是一步一步慢慢来
For me, when a Wal-mart enters the organic space,
对我来说 当沃尔玛进军有机食品业
I’m thrilled. It’s absolutely one of the most exciting things.
我特别激动 这绝对是最令人兴奋的事
I have dreamed of the day
我一直梦想有一天
when I could sit with corporate Titans
我能和行业巨人
and have conversations
坐在一块儿谈一谈
about organics and sustainability.
关于有机食物和可持续性问题
This is Amanda. This is Rand. Hi, Amanda. I’m Rand.
这是阿曼达 这是兰德 嗨 阿曼达 我是兰德
Rand, nice to meet you. Tony.
兰德 见到你真高兴 托尼
Tony. Great. Nice to meet you.
托尼 太好了 很高兴见到你
Okay, help me figure out where–
帮我想想哪里能
We both work for Wal-Mart.
我们都是沃尔玛的员工
You’re with Wal-Mart.
你们为沃尔玛工作
Yup.

Do you know that we don’t go to Wal-mart?
你知道我们是不去沃尔玛的吧?
We’ve never been. Oh yeah.
我们从来不去 是的
Isn’t that amazing? So we had to come to you.
很不可思议吧 所以我们来找你了
Yeah, we’ve never been.
没错 我们从来没去过沃尔玛
We just started boycotting a long time ago
我们很早就开始抵♥制♥沃尔玛了
and we just kept riding on that.
而且一直坚持这样做
Wal-mart is terribly sensitive
沃尔玛对自己的声誉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!