长官 这真的是紧急情况
Sir, it was an absolute emergency.
相信我 我们没…
Believe me we didn’t…
我们真不知道这里是…
We had no idea this was an area…
-别再跟那些鸟玩了 -是 长官
– Stop playing with those birds! – Yes, sir!
我们只能在这或者安大略湖上降落
It was either land here or in Lake Ontario.
真的很抱歉
We’re really sorry.
你们搞得整个军事基地都高度戒备
You put this entire military base on full alert.
你们害得我和同事要写一堆报告
You caused me and my staff a mountain of paperwork.
更别提让我的两个飞行员
Not to mention setting two of my pilots
在情感上退化20年 变得幼稚不堪
back emotionally about 20 years.
说抱歉有什么用
And you’re really sorry?
我们保证不会再犯了
We promise we’ll never do it again.
好吧
Okay.
保证了就行了
Just as long as you promise.
过来
Come on.
再凑得近一点
A little closer together.
笑一下 照片要登晨报的
Smile, this is for the morning paper.
打住
Hey, stop!
可以吗 再紧凑一点
Alright? A little closer.
-谢谢 好了 -照好了吗
– Thank you. That’s it. – You got it?
-好了吗 -给我和比尔拍张合照
– You’re okay? – Take a picture of me and Bill!
说到合适的时间和地点
Talk about being at the right place and time…
埃德·尼科尔今早在尼亚加拉空军基地
Ed Nichol was at the Niagara Air Force Base this morning
拍到了这一幕
and shot this:
昨晚要带着一群鸟
It seems an unlikely pair
潜入高度戒备的军事基地 似乎是不可能的事
sneaked into the high security base last night with a flock of birds.
没错 是真的鸟 会飞的那种
Yeah, real birds. You know, the flapping kind.
你听说一个孩子和她的鸟的故事了吗
Have you heard about this kid and her birds?
14岁的艾米·阿尔登和15只加拿大雁
14-year-old Amy Alden and 15 Canada geese.
她驾驶着一只巨型”大雁”带领雁群向南飞
She’s leading them South in this really big goose.
我没开玩笑 这是真的
I’m not kidding. This is for real.
他们今早5点从尼亚加拉空军基地出发
They departed from Niagara Air Base at 5 A.M. this morning.
总指挥官欧林·哈特菲尔德说
Commanding General Olin Hatfield says
他从未见过如此激励人心的景象
he has never seen such an inspirational sight.
都到齐了吗
All present and accounted for?
是的 你听听这个
Rogers. Hey, listen to this.
她有一群宠物大雁 或是鸭子 金丝雀之类的鸟
She’s got pet geese or ducks or canaries or whatever…
我也说不清
I don’t know.
她正驾驶一架小飞机带领它们向南飞
And she’s leading them South with a little air-blade.
你敢相信吗
Would you believe it?
来自安大略省南部的14岁女孩
…A 14-year-old from Southern Ontario…
正在执行飞往纽约州的任务
is on a mission over New York State…
那群鸟儿都有名字 比如伊戈
The birds have names like Igor,
臭臭 长约翰和笨毛头
Stinky, Long John and Feather brain.
真有人会把这些了不起的鸟打下来吃掉吗
Anyone would actually shoot and eat these marvelous birds?
我喜欢蘸橙子酱吃 往里面填满菰米
I like them with an orange sauce, stuffed with wild rice.
再翻个面 烹饪至金黄色
Flat on their back, golden brown.
-爸爸 还有多远 -还有10英里 艾米 不远了
– Dad, how much further? – Ten more miles, Amy. Not far.
爸爸 你看
Dad, look at that!
它们要去哪儿 长约翰 回来
Where are they going? Hey, Long John, come back!
是野雁 艾米 它们要跟着野雁飞走
It’s the wild ones. Amy. They’re going with them.
我们得跟上 否则就再也找不到它们了
We have to follow them or we’ll lose them.
嘿 你不老实是想去哪儿
Hey, where do you think you’re going?
爸爸 他们在开枪
Dad, they’re shooting!
当心 艾米 我绕到前面拦住它们
Watch out, Amy! Let me try and head them off!
我试着飞到它们前面
I’ll try to get in front of them!
大雁来了
Here they come.
天呐
Holy shit!
好了 它们下来了
Alright, they’re down.
准备速降到你11点钟方向的平地
Set up on a short final to that field at your 11 o’clock.
你们这些人就是不肯放弃 是吗
You people don’t give up, do you?
你们现在竟然开着飞机来偷猎
Now you’re poaching off of airplanes.
-我就该一枪打爆你的肝 -女士 听我说
– I ought to blow a hole in your liver. – Ma’am, listen.
等一下
Wait a minute.
她不就是我在电视上看见的那个小姑娘吗
Isn’t she the little girl I’ve seen on television?
觉得新闻总是报道坏消息的观众们
Now, for all you folks who think the news is always bad…
你们有没有听说过艾米和汤玛斯·阿尔登
have you heard about Amy and Thomas Alden
他们与鸟儿一起飞翔
flying with the birds?
拉里 别再开跟鸟有关的玩笑了
Now, Larry, no more bird jokes!
现在他们正带领一群失去父母的加拿大雁往南飞
Now they’re leading an orphaned flock of canadian geese South
展开史无前例 距离500英里的漫长旅程
on an unprecedented 500-mile odyssey.
很不错的地方 大概在20英里外
Nice place, it’s about 20 miles out.
明天一早就出发
First thing in the tomorrow,
前提是我们能把它们和野雁群分开
if we can separate them from the wild cousins.
我看到了梦幻般的景象
I saw something out of a dream.
我想问你个问题
I want to know something.
你和妈妈当年为什么分开
What happened between you and Mum?
她是怎么跟你说的
What did she tell you?
她说你们都是艺术家
She said you were both artists.
首先这就注定了肯定不容易
And that was difficult to begin with…
因为艺术家有时很自私
because artists can be selfish sometimes.
这话说得没错
That’s true.
她说你们两个都有错
She said you were both to blame.
我们不可能全做错了 至少我们生下了你
We couldn’t have been all wrong. We got you.
但你几乎没来看过我
But you hardly ever came to see me.
新西兰很远 艾米
Well, New Zealand’s pretty far away, Amy.
这个借口烂透了 爸爸
That’s a really lame excuse, Dad.
我用了很长时间才肯承认
It took me a long time to admit
放手让你们母女离开是个错误
that letting both of you go was a mistake.
有一阵子 我只能寄情于工作
For a while, I just buried myself in my work.
我害怕 艾米 我很害怕 愤怒
I was afraid, Amy. I was afraid, angry…
主要是气我自己
Mostly at myself.
我真的很抱歉
I’m really sorry.
嘿 大雁 大雁 大雁…
Hey, goose, goose, goose…
来啊 大雁
Come on, geese!
来啊 大雁
Come on, geese!
来啊 跟我来
Come on, guys. Come on!
小家伙们 嘿 大雁 大雁 大雁…
Hey, guys. Hey, goose, goose, goose…
走吧 大雁
Come on, geese!
-我们得上95号♥公路 -是37号♥
– We have to get on 95. – 37.
是没错 但最终还是得走95号♥
Yeah, we do. We have to end up on 95.
…正朝东北方移♥动♥ 应该有利于
…moving Northeast. It should allow good flying
阿尔登父女和它们的大雁飞行
for the Aldens and their birds
切萨皮克上部区域
with the possible exception of some fog
今天下午可能有雾
here in the upper Chesapeake area this afternoon.
但同时 他们的最终目的地是个冷清的沿海社区
But meanwhile, their final destination is a sleepy coastal community,
此地目前已经活跃起来 期盼着…
that’s now coming alive in expectation…
WVAO电台有奖问答 奖金一千美元
For 1000 big bucks, WVAO dollars,
来自马里兰州皮姆利科的理查德·卡特莱特
Richard Cartwright from Pimlico Maryland:
请问有多少只大雁跟随艾米往南飞
How many geese are following Amy South?
为了向艾米和她的大雁致敬 下面播放《同样的鸟》
In honor of Amy and her geese, here’s “Birds of a Feather”.
我养过一只火鸡 它根本不会跟着我走
I had me a damn turkey once that wouldn’t follow me anywhere.
大雁地面小队 我们遇到麻烦了
Goose Ground, we’re in the soup.
我的高科技导航设备失灵了
My high-tech navigational equipment isn’t working.
-可能是没电了 -不要啊
– Could be batteries. – Oh, no!
-爸爸 你怎么能忘记充电呢 -我也不知道
– Dad, how could you forget batteries? – I don’t know.
-我猜我们还在巴尔的摩以西 -应该是的
– My guess is we’re still west of Baltimore. – Sounds about right.
我们会慢慢降落 如果找到合适地方就着陆
We’ll come down slow, and land if we find a place.
那个路牌上写着什么
What does that sign say?
好的 收到 大雁爸爸 通话完毕
Yeah, okay. Roger, Papa Goose. Over and out.
爸爸 小心
Dad, watch out!
艾米 艾米 待在主街 沿着主街飞
Amy, Amy, stay on the main street! Just stay on the main street!
嘿 查理 快看
Hey, Charlie, look at that!
那一定就是带着大雁往南飞的那个孩子
Yeah, that must be the goose kid!
我的天呐 快看
Oh my gosh! Look at this!
快看 他们要去哪儿
Look! Where are they going?
那是艾米吗
Is that Amy?
我的天呐
Oh, my goodness!
他们在往南飞
They are heading South!
是那只鸟 在那里呢
There is the bird! There they are!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!