I’ve got to…
不不不 你必须上学
No, no, no. You’re going to school.
小孩就该每天上学 没得商量 快去
You belong in school, every day. Period. Go!
-快去 快去 -爸爸
– Go, go, go, go. – Oh, Dad!
今天 我们来学习另一位重要人物
Today, I want to move on to another important figure:
艾伦·纳皮尔·麦克奈布爵士
Sir Allan Napier MacNab.
艾伦爵士于1830年
Sir Allan was elected
当选为上加拿大立法议会议员
to the Upper Canada Legislative Assembly in 1830.
从1837到1840年 他是该议会的议长
He was its speaker from 1837 to 1840…
当时保守党占大多数
while the Tories were in the majority.
他曾担任过联合殖民地的总理
And he was the Prime Minister of the United Colony
任期从1854至1856年
from 1854 until 1856…
艾米
Amy!
你好啊
Hey.
今天怎么样
How’d it go today?
-糟透了 谢谢关心 -听到你这么说很遗憾
– Quite awful, thank you. – Sorry to hear that.
我相信明天会好些的
It’ll be better tomorrow, I’m sure.
听着 我和苏珊准备去参加个会议
Listen, Susan and I are gonna go to a meeting.
大卫叔叔会留在这陪你
Uncle Dave here is gonna stay,
给你做些吃的
he’s gonna get you something to eat,
辅♥导♥你做作业 好吗
help you with your homework, alright?
今晚是做数学吧
Math tonight, right?
-我们10点回家 -不用担心
– We’ll be home by 10. – Don’t worry about anything.
8点半记得上♥床♥睡觉
In bed by 8:30!
学什么 小数 分数
What, decimals? Fractions?
数学也可以很有趣的 真的
Math can be really fun. It really can.
反击啊 打他
Call him on that!
他们毁坏湿地是违法行为
By destroying the marsh, they’ve broken the law,
但他们也达到了目的
and they’ve accomplished their objective…
也就是一切值得保护的东西都被清除了
which is that there’s nothing left to save.
事情已成定局
It’s a done deal.
而这完全是暴行
And it’s an outrage!
这可是法律明令禁止的
I mean, there are laws against this kind of thing.
我就想知道
And I for one want to know
你们当中有谁来强迫他们遵守法律
who amongst you is going to enforce them?
请山姆·塔弗茨发言
The Chair recognizes Sam Tufts.
先生
Sir…
我很荣幸能成为你口中”他们”中的一员
I’m proud to be one of the “they” you speak of.
很不幸 我没有外来收入 我是个农民
I don’t have the luxury of an outside income. I’m a farmer.
我的土地也是开♥发♥计划中的一部分
My land is part of the package
因为我已经无法靠它维生
because I can’t make a living off it anymore.
如果我不卖♥♥掉它
If I don’t sell,
我该如何送我的孩子去大学呢
how will I send my kids to college?
请格伦·塞弗特发言
The Chair recognizes Glen Seifert.
我想说的是 让我担忧的并非项目本身
I’d like to say it’s not this project that worries me…
而是那些随之而来的东西
as much as the ones that’ll follow in its wake.
我并不觉得
And I…I don’t believe
你们当中有很多人真的希望发生这种事
there are many among you that really want this to happen.
我恳求你们多想想
I wish you’d consider
供你们的孩子玩耍的田地和溪流
the fields and streams your children play in.
新鲜的空气 干净的水源
The clean air, the clean water…
以及宁静的心态
the general peace of mind.
也别忘了和我们共享这片土地的那些动物们
And let’s not forget the animals that we share this land with.
因为…
Because…
它们可能会从这里永久性地消失
they’re all on the brink of disappearance from this place forever.
如果许可证获得通过就会那样 所以好好想想吧
if this permit is passed… so think about it.
我们现在要怎么办
What are we supposed to do now?
忘了这事吧
Get over it.
但你努力过了 那才是最重要的
Look, you tried! That’s all that matters.
-你努力过了 -我的事本来就已经够多了
– You tried. – Like I have got enough to deal with.
事情够多了…
I’ve got enough on my…
你还好吗
How you doing?
她什么时候去睡觉的
What time did she go to sleep?
她什么时候去睡觉的
What time did she go to sleep?
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
我甚至都不记得我是什么时候睡着的
I don’t even remember falling asleep.
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
艾米
Amy!
现在我知道她为什么要去湿地了
Well, now I know why she was going to the marsh.
-她睡在这里可以吗 -可以的 她会没事的
– Is it okay for her to sleep here? – Oh, yeah. She’ll be okay.
我能养着它们吗 拜托了
Can I keep them? Please?
你们好啊
Hi, guys.
早上好
Good morning.
你要每隔两小时喂它们一次
You’ve got to feed them every two hours.
好的
Okay.
它们需要很多的关注度
And they need a lot of attention.
我觉得它们现在需要的是知道在哪里排便
I…I think what they need is to learn where to poop.
拜托 它们还是宝宝
Come on, they’re just babies.
艾米 听着 我不觉…
Amy, look, I don’t…
它们不会乖乖地待在这房♥子里
they’re not going to be able to stay in the house.
如果你放它们出去
If you put them outside,
猫头鹰和野猫就会捉住它们 它们会死的
owls and cats will get them. And they’ll die!
好吧 行吧 你的校车来了 你得走了
OK, well, yeah. There’s your bus. You’ve gotta go.
你确定你能照顾好它们吗
Are you sure you can handle this?
我确定 好吗
Yes, I’m sure. Okay?
去上学吧 快去
Go to school. Go. Now!
我听说他们把建设工作推迟了一年
I hear they are not gonna start construction for another year.
好吧 谁知道呢 我不信
Yeah, who knows? I don’t believe it.
听着 我女儿在野外发现了一些大雁蛋
Listen, my daughter found some goose eggs in that mess.
我觉得他们滥伐那里的森林时赶走了一些鸟
I think they wiped out some birds when they went through there, and…
总之 现在那些蛋孵化出来了
Well, anyway, they hatched,
现在我家里到处都是粪球
and now I’ve got fuzzballs around in my house.
我完全不知道该怎么照料它们
I don’t have a clue as to how to take care of them.
-野雁啊 -是的
– Wild geese, yeah. – Yeah.
那地方是它们在本地区仅剩的筑巢地之一了
That was one of the last nesting places for them in the area.
你这是莫名惹上了一堆麻烦啊
You just inherited more problems than you deserve.
真是”好”极了
Oh, Great.
大雁的一切行为都是从父母身上学来的
See, geese learn everything from their parents,
包括吃什么 怎么飞翔
everything from what to eat, how to fly,
何时迁徙 迁徙到哪里去
when to migrate, where to migrate to.
迁徙 对哦 它们什么时候迁徙
Migrate, that’s right. When do they do that?
深秋 但若没有父母指引
Late fall. But without the parental influence…
它们会有飞翔的欲望 会起飞
your geese are gonna get the urge to fly, take off,
但却不知道要飞往何处
don’t know where they’re going.
那我要怎么照料它们
So how do I take care of them?
现在只需要一点草和谷子
A little grass and a little grain for now.
不如这样 我过几天去你家一趟
Tell you what, I’ll stop by in the next a couple of days
看看情况怎么样
and see what you got,
以及有没有我能帮上忙的
and see if I can give you a hand.
-那真是太好了 -行
– That would be great. – Good.
来呀 大雁们 来呀
Come on, goose. Hey, goose.
快来
Come on.
来呀 大雁们
Come on, goose.
来呀 大雁们 来呀
Come on, guys. Hey, goose.
来呀 大雁们 来呀
Come on, goose. Come on!
-她多大了 -13岁
– So, how old is she? – Thirteen.
孩子都长得很快 不是吗
They grow up pretty good, don’t they?
实话实说 我也不知道
To tell you the truth, I wouldn’t know.
那些大雁宝宝都跟着她四处跑 挺神奇的
It’s amazing, isn’t it? how they follow her around like that.
是啊 这叫印随行为
Yeah, yeah. It’s called “imprinting”.
大雁会将自己破壳而出后看见的第一个活物
The first living thing a goose sees when it’s born
自动视为母亲
is automatically seen as its mother.
快来
Come on.
它们会跟着她去任何地方
They’ll follow her anywhere.
很重要的一点是 大雁是一种生命力顽强的鸟类

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!