我该受这样的侮辱
‘Swounds I should take it,
因为我不得不承认我是个逆来顺受的怯汉
for it cannot be but I am pigeon-livered
受了欺侮也不觉得苦
and lack gall to make oppression bitter,
否则我早已把这奸贼的腐肉
or ere this I should have fatted
喂肥了漫天盘旋的鸢鹰
all the region kites with this slave’s offal.
那凶恶淫秽的奸贼
Bloody, bawdy villain!
冷酷 奸诈 荒淫 无情的奸贼
Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain!
报仇雪恨
O vengeance!
谢谢 感谢大家 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you, thank you.
这是哈姆雷特的一段独白
That was, of course, a speech of Hamlet’s
我很荣幸能够多次
from a play I was lucky
出演《哈姆雷特》一剧
enough to perform in on several occasions,
尽管至今仍然不是主演
though not, as yet, in the principal role.
下一个主题
Our next tableau…
是关于一位投身于这个城市
…features someone who has devoted herself
音乐生活之中的女性
to the musical life of this city.
她同他人一起赞助了欧忒耳珀俱乐部
Amongst others, she is patron of the Euterpe Club,
和布鲁克林贫困妇女管弦乐队
of the Brooklyn Orchestra for Distressed Gentlewomen,
当然也赞助了我们的威尔第俱乐部
as well as, of course, our very own Verdi Club.
让我们回到1850年
Let us journey back in time to 1850
阿♥拉♥巴马州
and the state of Alabama.
美国最伟大的流行歌♥曲作家史蒂芬·福斯特
America’s greatest popular songwriter, Stephen Foster,
已经江郎才尽
has run out of ideas.
他很绝望
He’s a desperate man.
但是等等 这是什么
But wait. What is this?
就是现在 没错
Now. That’s it.
继续
More.
威尔第俱乐部
这是上天派来的灵感天使
It is the Angel of Inspiration sent from on high.
最终史蒂芬·福斯特可以写出好歌♥了
At last Stephen Foster can write his song.
我来自阿♥拉♥巴马 膝上放着班卓琴
I came from Alabama with my banjo on my knee
我要去路易斯安那 去见我的爱人
I’m goin’ to Louisiana, my true love for to see
苏珊娜 你不要为我哭泣
Oh, Susanna! Oh, don’t you cry for me…
-拉稳她 -我来自阿♥拉♥巴马
– Hold her. Hold her! – I came from Alabama
膝上放着班卓琴
with my banjo on my knee
太棒了
Bravo! Bravo!
灵感天使
The Angel of Inspiration,
由佛罗伦斯·福斯特·詹金斯女士饰演
featuring Madam Florence Foster Jenkins!
表演得非常好
It’s going very, very, very well.
我感觉在灵感迸发那一刻我没有表现出
I don’t feel that I imbued the moment of inspiration
应有的戏剧深度
with the intensity it deserved,
但是这是一个不错的尝试
but it was a serviceable attempt.
比”不错”好多了 演得很好
Better than serviceable. It was good.
-请帮我拿我的手镯 -手镯
– My amulets, please. – Armlets.
我可以不用再吃那个难以下咽的土豆沙拉了吗
Has the impending potato-salad catastrophe been averted?
就在我们说话的时候
Even as I speak, the chef
主厨派了一群人搜索整个曼哈顿区去找香葱
has a team out scouring Manhattan for chives.
不要香葱 我想知道还有什么
No chives. What next, I wonder!
我也知道这不合理
Unconscionable, I know,
不过他们告诉我就要开战了 小兔子
but they tell me there is a war on, Bunny.
瓦尔基里请上台 前奏已经开始了
Valkyries on stage, please. The overture has begun.
三明治呢
What about the sandwiches?
火腿 番茄 黄瓜加上鸡肉
Ham and tomato, plain cucumber
配上一点点第戎芥茉
and chicken with a hint of Dijon mustard.
-十分美味 -很好 我看起来怎么样
– Actually delicious. – Excellent. How do I look?
非常好
Wunderbar!
赶快吧
Now, schnell, schnell.
快一点 你真是个淘气的瓦尔基里
Go on, quickly. You’re a very naughty Valkyrie.
接下来是今晚的压轴演出
We now come to the finale of our evening.
事先提醒一下各位接下来要看到的场景
I should warn you that the vision you’re about to witness
将会又震撼又可怕
will be both shocking and terrifying.
战事焦灼 万箭齐发划过天空
A battle is raging. Volleys of arrows pierce the air.
刀光剑影 血肉横飞
Shields clash and swords do their terrible work.
但是最可怕的鬼神
But swooping down from the clouds
从天际猛扑下来
comes the most terrible spectre of all.
女士们先生们 威尔第俱乐部为您献上
Ladies and gentlemen, the Verdi Club presents
《女武神的骑行》
the Ride of the Valkyries!
我的天啊
Oh! Oh, my God!
棒极了
Bravo!
我很荣幸为你颁发
It is my pleasure to present
象征我们敬意的礼物
you with this small token of our esteem.
谢谢 我要打开它吗
Oh! Thank you. Shall I open it?
打开吧
Yes!
这个好美 感谢你们所有的人
Well, this is beautiful. Thank you. Thank you all so very much.
多年前当我创办威尔第俱乐部的时候
You know, years ago when I founded the Verdi Club,
我从未想过我今晚会在这里
I never could have imagined that I would be here tonight,
25年来
25 years on,
我亲爱的丈夫一直陪在我身边
with my beloved husband by my side.
音乐
Music…
音乐一直是我的生命
Music has been, and is, my life.
音乐最重要 谢谢
Music matters. Thank you.
太棒了
Bravo!
在这个历史中的黑暗时刻
And at this dark moment in our history,
当我们的勇士们为了文明奋战
with our brave boys fighting for civilisation itself,
它更加无比的重要
it matters more than ever.
所以我恳请大家
So I implore you to continue
继续支持这个城市的音乐生活
to support the musical life of this city.
晚上好 佛罗伦斯女士
Good evening, Madam Florence.
你好 凯蒂
Hello, Kitty.
-演出怎么样 -非常好 谢谢你
– How did it go? – Very, very well, thank you.
现在小兔子 你必须要睡了
And now, my bunny, you must sleep.
我不想让这一天就这么结束
I don’t want this day to end.
我知道
I know, I know.
闭上你的眼睛
Shut your eyes.
那你给我朗诵一段诗
Only if you recite for me.
好的
Very well.
别让我承认两颗真心的结合 会有任何障碍
Let me not to the marriage of true minds. Admit impediments.
爱算不得真爱
Love is not love
如果对方改变自己立刻转向
Which alters when it alteration finds,
如果对方变心自己立刻收场
or bends with the remover to remove:

O no.
谢谢你 凯蒂
Thank you, Kitty.
-晚安 贝菲尔德先生 -晚安
– Goodnight, Mr Bayfield. – Goodnight.
请叫一辆出租车 谢谢
A taxi if I may. Thank you.
-非常感谢 -晚安 先生
– Thank you very much. – Goodnight, sir.
亲爱的 欢迎回家
Welcome home, darling.
-我有点醉了 -很有兴致嘛
– I’m a tad drunk. – Oh. Lucky you.
-佛罗伦斯表演得怎么样 -非常好
– How was Florence? – Magnificent.
你呢
And you?
我应该表现得也相当好
I would say I gave an adequate performance.
我要是能去看就好了
I wish I could have come.
-奥古斯都的剧怎么样 -糟透了
– How was Augustus’s play? – Oh, terrible.
喝完它 我在教一些简单的东西
Finish it. I’m teaching first thing.
眼科医生口气难闻 笨手笨脚
The oculist with bad breath and two left hands,
两只手只会在空中笨拙地摇摆
both of which tend to wander.
-我爱你 圣克莱尔 -我也爱你
– I love you, St Clair. – Hmm. With knobs on.
早安 亲爱的
Good morning, Miss Rabbit.
你看到评论了吗 帅哥
Have you seen the reviews, whitey?
《音乐快报》的卡尔顿·史密斯
Carlton Smith in the Musical Courier
评价它为本季最佳演出
says it was the event of the season.
它实至名归 现在
Well, it jolly well was. Now…
把它放在桌子上吧 我要起床了
No. Put it on the table. I’m getting up.
小兔子那不是个好主意 昨天晚上
Bunny, that’s not a good idea. Last night…
放在桌子上吧 求你了
On the table. Please.
我们要筹备威尔第午宴
We have to plan the Verdi lunch.
不不不
Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no.
不能让詹姆斯·奥费海提女士挨着男爵夫人
You can’t put Mrs James O’Flaherty next to the baroness.
她喝汤时会发出声音
She slurps her soup.
那我们换成烟熏鳟鱼
Then let’s serve smoked trout,
我想即便是奥费海提女士
because I doubt that even Mrs O’Flaherty
吃鳟鱼也应该不会发出声音

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!